Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,202 members, 7,887,526 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? (6239 Views)

Poll: Which 3 Matter Most To You And Could Persuade You To Return To Nigeria?

Good Health Service: 13% (70 votes)
Low Crime: 22% (114 votes)
Good Roads: 12% (62 votes)
Full Time Electricity: 33% (170 votes)
Full Time Running Water: 6% (31 votes)
Full Time Telephony: 0% (5 votes)
Good Education System: 10% (53 votes)
This poll has ended

I Have No Problem With Igbos Leaving Nigeria. Infact I Encourage It. / Nigerians Encourage Corruption – President Jonathan / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by Eziachi: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
Echidime:

I can only return to nigeria, when Nigerian girls stop been stingy with their kitty,western world is moving because ladies are open and do not pretend, here a lady can see you on the train or bus and give you sign that she needs you, same day bothof you will enjoy intimately, but naija girls want you to go after them for 1 years before giving making love to them,which is why they are lacking behind from the moving generation of the western ladies grin grin grin grin

And your middle name must be- A walking HIV virus.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by Sunofgod(m): 12:10am On Apr 08, 2010
Let him not bring that his 'HIV' back to Naija - cheesy
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by mrofficial(m): 7:28am On Apr 08, 2010
Eziachi:

And your middle name must be- A walking HIV virus.

grin grin grin
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by olawonder(m): 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2010
I dey go back jo! i don tire sef, all these excuses wey people dey list na rubbish! na all these nice stuff wey we dey complain dey for developed countries? we know how many immigrants dem don murd for abroad, who dem go hold responsible? abi u think say sem want u genuinely for their contry? si down there they wait make ur motherland provide food, electricity, road, house, job, wife/husband, healthcare, everything, before u go back, u go wait tire!
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by chiogo(f): 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2010
Definitely a better economy - I'm sure the money is there now or where else does all the money from oil go to? The problem is the greedy government would rather pay graduates change but treat foreigners like royalty. I'm not gonna work my a/s/s off in school here and go back to be paid change when I could be making twice the amount or more here.

Another thing is low crime rate - crime is everywhere but naija's own is too much. If the economy was good and there aren't so many struggling people, that may not be the case so it still boils down to the economy.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by uoe80(f): 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2010
all we need is better jobs and improved standard of living but i don't need any encouragement to come back to my fathers land,its only someone with lack a of identity,lack of faith and a victim of Noe-colonization that will not want to come back.what is bad road,lack of power supply or clean water compared to daily news of knife attacks,drug addiction,living on benefits,going to school on credit that takes you almost another 10 years to pay off,alcoholism,early birth, lack of respect,limited knowledge of other countries and cultures and most of all nonchalance towards God and His word. Abeg i cant stay here more than 2 more years again, ALL ROADS LEAD TO 9JA FOR ME.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 11, 2010
Absolutely nothinggggggggggg !!!!!
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2010
mogbuefi:

even if al the streets are paved with gold? grin
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 12, 2010
If all the streets were paved with gold how long before all the streets disappear?
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2010
as long as it took american streets to be gold paved-where ye al peeps are running to!  grin
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by Ojame(m): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2010
The thing that needs to change the most, is the peoples attitude, and awareness levels. Thinking positive, leads to positive action, high expectations, and a determination to be part of the solution and not the problem. We have these negative issues because as a people we allow our politicians and other corrupt individuals get away with not providing the right environment for development. We allow poor roads, poor power supply, poor health facilities, poor public services generally, because we remain 'silent' in the face of these issues.
No one wants to put their head above the parapet, so of course there wont be positive signs of change that might attract back, some of our most talented exiles.
Only a mass revolution with a clear message that enough is enough, we ain't going to take any more, will propel the country in the right direction. History has shown this to be the case in many a country, in Europe, the Americas, and Asia, people power has made the change. It's time for a change in Africa and specifically Nigeria.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by hagip: 2:33am On Apr 14, 2010
seriously, u guys are sick for choosing low crime, Nigerian has the highest crime rate, especially kidnapping, the young youths in Nigeria now re all thief, who want to eat where they do not sow, thief people and kidnapping people
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2010
if nigeria has the highest crime rate, try south africa! grin
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2010
Three things. . .

1. Infrastructure
2. Proper Governance
3. Regional Autonomy/True Federalism

Nothing else, outside of those three would encourage me to return to Nigeria, to live.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by juman(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2011
mogbuefi:

Fighting for independence is worth returning for.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by spyder880(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2011
Why return to Nigeria, abeg stay wherever you are living. We dont need parasites in this country.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
hmmm! na wao! a human parasite?
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by spyder880(m): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
George_D:

hmmm! na wao! a human parasite?

Yes, living off the useless govt as ghost workers, using the little amenities without paying tax, vandalizing and sabotaging everything in sight. Please stay away, we have many problems as it is.
Re: What Would Encourage You To Return To Nigeria? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
but they do pay tax where they live in europe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 unit have Sovereignty&Autonomy by Engr Musiwa / Is Capitalist Economy System Is The Best / Saraki Send Powerful Message To Nigerians At Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.