Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,631 members, 7,901,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:58 PM

"EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience (57124 Views)

I Helped Officer To Urinate In The Toilet and He attempted To Rape Me - Woman / 'A Girl That Lived With Me Brought Rapists To Rape Me In My House' / Actress, Princess: How Baba Ijesha Tried To Rape Me On Set (Audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Artistree: 7:20am On Dec 30, 2017
NLmember:

Don't you know that simply visiting these useless boys is taken as an invitation to rape?
Stop supporting evil, please! You speak thus because you're a man, would you blame ur sister if she encounters anything like this, or you would first attack the man and ask questions later?
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Where was she all dis while. Mtcheew undecided

Nowadays wen ladies prefer to objectify demselves wat do u expect grin
most women are afraid to report rape cases because of people like you who blame the victim.

Say no to rape!

4 Likes

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by bastien: 7:52am On Dec 30, 2017
DianaJ:

Common sense fall on u
fall on the guy wey dey cover your hole

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by lezz(m): 8:24am On Dec 30, 2017
TheUbermensch:

The long epistle wasn't to justify rape, rather it was to explain the fact that most times there's more than meets the eye, and while the man is being blamed, the female should also take her share of the blame where necessary. Like blame her for being stupid enough to spend the night in a guy's house she doesn't trust, or for visiting a guy scantily dressed. Honestly these things are misdemeanours and should be treated as one.

Rape should and can never be classified as a misdemeanor. It’s a heinous crime that should be punished with the harshest of punitive measures.

Most victims never ever recover from the scathing psychological damage of rape or from the emotional turmoil.

Trying to blame the victim is soullessly endorsing the rapist and making it a lesser crime. Armed robbery isn’t lesser than what it is because I chose to move at night or forgot to lock my front door.

Men are not base primal beasts whose mental mechanisms shutdown upon sighting a scantily clad girl.

For any man to physically overpower a girl and have his away against her will, such a man is a sadistic monster and should be deprived of his copulative rights.

4 Likes

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 30, 2017
TheUbermensch:

Maybe. just maybe you don't understand what the word "mortify" means.

What I did was just present facts most people are to sleepy to notice or talk about. We're all quick to blame the man for forcing sex, but no one is saying anything to the ladies. No one is telling them to be more dressed down. No one is telling them to leave sluttish behaviours for the bedroom only. No one is telling them to be more vigilant. No one is telling them to be careful of the expensive gifts they receive from male friends, because every gift deserves something in return, and most times against your will.

We do none of that. We just blame the man for lack of self restraint without taking into fact that something must have preempted such.

Let females start being more decently and quitting most of the harmful habits they exhibit these days and you'd see a reduction (yes because you can't expect totality. We're dealing with humans here) in rape cases.

And then when a woman is crying foul, we can truly say the man is a beast.

I see your posts. You just go shaming men without agreeing the ladies to have a role to play to prevent rape.

You're not in your right frame of mind.
you should be ashamed of your self angry
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2017
In all this what’s the advice you have for the men ? Nothing , abi ?
prettyboy5:
I hope girls would learn from this:

1: When a guy asks you out and you said no, please stay off him.
2: Stop keeping guys as "just friends" squad, you don't know which one among them might be a rapist.
3: Babes, please stop going to a man's house who is not a trusted friend or relative/sibling to charge your phone.
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2017
A good number of Nigerian men are rapists - that’s why you see them jumping up and down on these stories because they need to justify what they consider as normal which is now being stigmatized and criminalized !
Imarnuel04:

Help me. What nonsense signal? What part of NO do these cretins not understand? She went to his house didn't mean she was asking to be raped. Too many idïots on here to try and reason with

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2017
There is nothing wrong with a girl going to a mans house for a reason ! All in a bid to make men blameless we start asking what did she wear , why did she go . Men need to learn that sex is not an entitlement you are supporting rape if you blame the victim .
majamajic:

aunty u are right ..no one is supporting rape, at the same time its better to avoid some things than to over trust, giving room for it to happen

1, a girl went to a bachelor's house to charge her phone. ..u can stop at the entrance door and give him the phone or u can go with a jnr bro or someone

2, its not everywhere u see gen on u will go with your phone to charge. .. sometimes u better wait for nepa since u don't use the phone for business

3, dressing matters too, if she dress well to the guy's house there will be no intention cos the guy will sense the struggle ahead

so am AGAINST rape, at the same time u girls should be careful and try sense dangers ahead
the first girl said she go pee and this one say she go charge phone. all these are AVOIDABLE

If u don't trust a bachelor better aviod his house

I will never rape a girl in my life but our girls should take precautions !!!!

2 Likes

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 8:58am On Dec 30, 2017
Don’t mind them ! If they were having an all boys conversation you will see the horrible things they will be saying ! A lot of them are rapists so how will they not justify the act. Absolutely no sense of occasion !
cococandy:
That’s not the topic we are discussing now.

Victim blame does nothing but deflect from the criminal and make it seem like it wasn’t entirely his or her fault.

When we are talking about how to avoid rape, you can bring this topic up in addition to telling your fellow men how they can be responsible human beings. I doubt I will see you in that discussion anyway. You people only know how to bring up victim blame when an accuser is being examined. All the while claiming “ I’m against rape ’’

1 Like

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Khonifer: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2017
Pataricatering:
There is nothing wrong with a girl going to a mans house for a reason ! All in a bid to make men blameless we start asking what did she wear , why did she go . Men need to learn that sex is not an entitlement you are supporting rape if you blame the victim .

You dey mind dem? Most of them think of nothing apart from sex. As if they are animals. Slaves to their joysticks.

Sha. God pass them cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2017
DianaJ:

Wait until ur a victim or ur sister becomes a victim maybe u meant believe
one of my friends was a victim....six guys and I repeat, I don't believe her story
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:03am On Dec 30, 2017
Pataricatering:
A good number of Nigerian men are rapists - that’s why you see them jumping up and down on these stories because they need to justify what they consider as normal which is now being stigmatized and criminalized !
Has any Nigerian man raped you before
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2017
Every single thing you said before the last sentence was a justification of rape ! Deep down you guys see nothing wrong with rape you just feel the need to put up a front in public ! It’s sad that you all have female family who are at risk because of the rape culture you have created and actively support !
TheUbermensch:

Woman calm your balls.
That guy was right. There are signals. You don't expect to enter a guy's house acting all cozy and sluttish and expect all to be well for you.
Rape is just an act. There are certain factors that preempt it. So why should the dude always get the full blame?! Because he committed the act? So every other thing before it should be overlooked?! So y'all should be allowed to dress as indecent as y'all choose and the moment a guy touches you, it's shout. Smh

You are addressed the way you're dressed and the facade you put up.

Still nothing justifies rape.

1 Like

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 9:06am On Dec 30, 2017
There are very few Nigerian women who have not been raped , abused or assaulted sexually by Nigerian men ! It is an epidemic but people do not talk about it ! If in doubt ask any female close to you
okotv:
Has any Nigerian man raped you before

1 Like

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by IamPere(m): 9:08am On Dec 30, 2017
All you guys talking about blaming the victim, what about cases of infants being raped?? Will you also blame the infant for being too cute or perhaps the parents for birthing a cute one. Blaming the victim only makes it less of a crime. Men are not brought up to be beasts without self control and can't stand d sight of a scantily dressed female or the opportunity of being alone with the opposite sex. It is a crime and should be frowned upon by the society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:09am On Dec 30, 2017
Pataricatering:
There are very few Nigerian women who have not been raped , abused or assaulted sexually by Nigerian men ! It is an epidemic ! If in doubt ask any female close to you
Is there not a possibility that the act is being perpetrated by the same set of guys
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by IamPere(m): 9:11am On Dec 30, 2017
okotv:
Is there not a possibility that the act is being perpetrated by the same set of guys
Your point please?
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:12am On Dec 30, 2017
IamPere:
Your point please?
Most males in the country aren't Rapists .
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Khonifer: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2017
okotv:

Lies from the pit of hell.

2 Likes

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2017
Khonifer:

Lies from the pit of hell.
Proof or...
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2017
I totally agree with cococandy

1 Like

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Pataricatering(f): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2017
Same set of guys will be roaming around the whole country raping women ? I don’t get you ? I ! Majority of the comments from guys justify rape ( forget the - “I’m not justifying rape”clause) and the funny thing is just as a guy rapes someone else’s sister or daughter for sure someone will do it to yours as well ! In the entitlement to sex culture that men have created they don’t seem to understand that they too will have people close to them become victims but they don’t care . It’s sad
okotv:
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Khonifer: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2017
okotv:
Proof or...

This thread and any other rape thread is proof enough.
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2017
Pataricatering:
Same set of guys will be roaming around the whole country raping women ? I don’t get you ? I ! Majority of the comments from guys justify rape ( forget the - “I’m not justifying rape”clause) and the funny thing is just as a guy rapes someone else’s sister or daughter for sure someone will do it to yours as well ! In the entitlement to sex culture that men have created they don’t seem to understand that they too will have people close to them become victims but they don’t care . It’s sad
rape is a kind of societal misnomer created when we didn't raise gentlemen... we promote sex as an entitlement without the inherent responsibilities...
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2017
Khonifer:

This thread and any other rape thread is proof enough.
What percent of Nigerian men is represented here.
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Belafonte(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2017
I'm sorry, I will need proof to believe this story. Ain't saying she's lying, just saying I need evidence.
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Mrnakeina(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2017
cococandy:
Which one is signal? Someone came to your house to charge phone and that’s a signal? What’s wrong with you people?
Hi coco
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Khonifer: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2017
okotv:
What percent of Nigerian men is represented here.

Quite a lot actually. The same rapists and rape apologists on nairaland and other social media, are the same mad people in real life, running around, destroying people's lives and turning back to ask what they wore and why they went there.

It is the reason I cannot go out alone past 8. I must have at least two of my male friends with me. Yes. Most Nigerian men are rapists.

1 Like

Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by Trailblazer01(f): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2017
okotv:

Yeh but mere looking at a lady..they've raped her..
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2017
Khonifer:

Quite a lot actually. The same rapists and rape apologists on nairaland and other social media, are the same mad people in real life, running around, destroying people's lives and turning back to ask what they wore and why they went there.

It is the reason I cannot go out alone past 8. I must have at least two of my male friends with me. Yes. Most Nigerian men are rapists.
I must be living in space then or are things now this bad
Re: "EL DATO @Therealdato Tried To Rape Me In 2012" - Lady Recounts Her Experience by okotv(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2017
Trailblazer01:

Yeh but mere looking at a lady..they've raped her..
This kind of rape exists all over the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wife Pours Hot Water On Her Husband In Jos For Marrying A Second Wife (Pics) / Ghanaian Girl Found Dead In Drain With Her Hands Tied (Photos) / Adamu Uwar, Notorious Kidnapper Arrested While Collecting Ransom In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.