Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:52 AM

Handling Anger In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Handling Anger In A Relationship (340 Views)

How Do I Control Anger In My Relationship? / Bitterness, Anger In Marriage / 7 Phases Of Anger In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Handling Anger In A Relationship by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
It is often said that it is your partner that has the ability to make the strands of your hair stick out in frustration than any other being. Well, I am led to believe that. I mean, if your colleague hurts you, it is easier to forgive than when the hurt comes from the person you love.

First and foremost, know that anger has a root cause. Sometimes, it may not even be about you, so try not to take it personally. If you are honest with yourself, you will discover that you have transferred aggression sometimes to someone undeserving of it.

Count one to hundred before you speak back. It may sound like a cliché but it does work. You are more prone to saying things you will regret in the heat of the moment. Well, anger only fuels anger so do not talk until you are calm enough to express your concerns clearly without hurting your partner.

Let your partner know that you are listening. Try as much as possible to acknowledge your partner’s feelings.
Using negative assertions works just like magic. I know because I saw a different result when I began using it in my relationship. Sentences like, “Wow, I guess you are right. I never did see it this way. I was wrong and I’m sorry, I should not have…” takes nothing to say and stops the argument immediately. It literally just drains his anger away.

In relationships, there is no prize for winning an argument, quit making it into a contest and keeping scores. At the end of the day, we all just want to be heard and feel like our opinions do matter.

1 Like

Re: Handling Anger In A Relationship by Daniel2289(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
U are on point. Especially that second paragraph.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Brand New Car / Happy Valentine Friends... Check My Lovely Photo For You / I Need Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.