Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,967 members, 7,873,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols (22102 Views)

Man Burns Church Over Failed Prophecies In Lagos / Man Says, Christians Who Watch Game Of Thrones Will Go To Hell / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2018
chisupport:
Even the bible you think you know too much of, was preserved by the Catholic church.

If the use of the crucifix is idolatry, then the use of the ark of the LORD covenant was idolatry too and the temple of God was a house of idolatry...... Read ur bible well

Is ur church even up to 200 year old??
God will bless you my brother abeg tell all these Pentecostals and others o they know nothing about the catholic church not even it's history.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Alajiki(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Thickcok01:
Catholic way of worship is islam equivalent. God have mercy on catholic and islam in Jesus name, Amen.

Yinmu for you. The Jesus image you have hanging on your wall, is that Jesus? That's an image of an actor. The cross you have as your necklace pendant, you know how many criminals it was crucified with before and after Yeshua (who wasn't crucified by the way).

Make una dey deceive unasef.

2 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by salam1(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
am a christian i dont worship cross..i keep saying i rather rot and burn in d deepest part of hell fire forever than being a moslem..m
na so madness dey start, wetin bring moslem matter here now

5 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Adeoba10(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
am a christian i dont worship cross..i keep saying i rather rot and burn in d deepest part of hell fire forever than being a moslem..m
Lol.... What has islam got to do with the topic? Someone burned your god, and you are transferring the aggression to somewhere else.... Deal with d topic for now

2 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Mpanyi: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2018
He has a lot of work to do for we catholics have a whole lot of images/articles of worship in our worship. It's catholic and others. You say we worship image, so be it as longs as it makes you feel ok.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
what do you want me to learn about them, are they not using cross which is a form of idolatry to worship. yes or no.
They are and if you like call it idol worship the other one's that other churches use like candle and the rest are called what?The catholic church is tied to the formation of Christianity whether you admit it or not.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by tartar9(m): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:

Stop telling us...no one cares sad
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Alajiki(m): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2018
xcolanto:
This goes to show and preach how peaceful the "Christan" faithfuls are. If this was Mohammad and the Islamic religion being burnt up, this guys head would have been up for 77 virgins before sunset. Thank God for Christ Jesus.

Yinmu for you.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2018
[quote author=Moyinoluwa35 post=64303381][/quote]You don't know how to talk at all.Radical islamists are the violent ones and Christianity has had it's reign of terror in the past.You talk life as if there are no violent pages in the bible.Look here Judaism,islam and christianity are all part of Abrahamic religions.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Shefiu11: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2018
desreek9:
Nope not christians, maybe catholics.

Ftc, no biggie
So catholics are non Christians? shocked
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by eliash: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
As a true Christian, I don't support idol worship which the Bible clearly warns us (1 Corinthians 10:14) But it's so unfortunate the majority of Christian especially the Catholics make use of cross, images to worship God rather than in truth and in spirit as commanded in the Bible.

Jehovah witness all over world don't use any cross or any images in worshipping The Almighty Jehovah.

proudly a Jehovah's witness.
Don't you think this is one of the problem in the world criticizing ones faith and believe. If you don't believe in one's faith shut the f**k up and keep it to urself

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by chakaz(m): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2018
DearPeople:

It seems you are high on dust! Where did you see me support tithing? A certain Nairalander once talked about it two years back before Freeze brought it to your consciousness and it changed my mind ever since! I don't tithe because Christ does not teach it! angry

Modified:
https://www.nairaland.com/2961054/what-bible-teaches-these-five
That's how fanatics act, any little thing they reign insults on one. The best thing for you as a child of God is to worship your God in the way you understand it. You as a mortal have no powers of judgment. By trying to judge, your already sliding away from his ways.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by zabuur: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:

LOL. Can u even place your palm on a red hot iron. Talking like he's got d true faith and mind.
Hey Stop hating. Be tolerant. You didn't create yourself. The topic has nothing to do with Muslims. You will start something, then later you'll be d first to claim Muslims are violent.
That was how one of ur people went into a lions den claiming he had God's power.
Don't worry, once I'm in paradise, I'll look for u, once I can't find u, then I'll know u are at the other place u claim to wanna rot in

4 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2018
Iseoluwani:
No, Catholics are worshipping idols
Who are you to be the judge?
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Shefiu11: 11:47am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
shocked
Sorry for being ignorant. Jesus was a Muslim and Paul caused you this.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by tartar9(m): 11:49am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
y.
islam has been d problem of the world......mention 2 christian terror group and i mention 13 islamic terror group backed by quran..now go f...k urself

No other religion has killed more than xtianity so kindly sharrap

3 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by joeisreal(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2018
All the Pentecostal church goers are blaming the Catholics but they keep shouting God of Oyedepo, God of Chosen, God of Adeboye and you will not see someone from RCCG for example shout God of Oyedepo because he is not his Daddy G.O. I do not understand the discrimination amongst the churches. Are we not serving one God?

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by project4OO: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2018
mazimee:
What does it change? Cross has always been a symbol of our believe that Christ was nailed on the Cross. Nobody worships the Cross

..but I heard He has risen, why nail Him again?

2 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Elnino4ladies: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2018
Catholics worship idols is a known fact.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Alajiki(m): 11:51am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
islam has been d problem of the world......mention 2 christian terror group and i mention 13 islamic terror group backed by quran..now go f...k urself

And I'm asking you, was the post about Islam?
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Maxcollins042(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
As a true Christian, I don't support idol worship which the Bible clearly warns us (1 Corinthians 10:14) But it's so unfortunate the majority of Christian especially the Catholics make use of cross, images to worship God rather than in truth and in spirit as commanded in the Bible.

Jehovah witness all over world don't use any cross or any images in worshipping The Almighty Jehovah.

proudly a Jehovah's witness.
Please don't make a comment based on ignorance
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by chakaz(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
Catholics worship idols is a known fact.
But when you put the sticker of your G.O on your door post and your car windscreen, it's godly right? When you use your G. o's picture as your dp on social media it is also godly? Stop day dreaming and worship God in a simplified way without judging another person

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by kingsman66(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2018
any day I become a Jehovah witness member let my prick lost........... proudly Catholic
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2018
All these people that are saying catholics worship idols need to be slapped.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by yrex01(m): 11:59am On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
so shall it be my broda
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by bams2999(m): 11:59am On Jan 18, 2018
Yes its true Christian are worship idols
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by omoelerin1: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
DearPeople:
Very true!

There are so many things we ascribe worship to in the name of Christianity which ought not to be.

PS: For those insulting him, you must understand that the emergence of Christ in the NT is to abolish symbolism which was common in the OT. God's worship should come from the heart. He will not enter into a stick shaped in a cross style just because you bow to that cross.
What of laying of hands or using the apron and the shadows of the Apostles to wrought miracles?
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by MobilityMFR(m): 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
When I read certain comments, definitely written by feeble-minded individuals, I just smile - "Catholics are closer to moslem and hell," some buffoon commented. Catholics have the cross and other images of Jesus, Mary, pictures of the saints they revere - these are images of people who had walked this earth and were exemplary to people of their generation and every Catholic strives to imitate the way they led their lives - is that considered to be a crime? These days, the so-called New Generation Christian Churches (with their Daddy/Mummy G.Os) have pictures pictures of the Daddy/Mummy G.Os hanging on their necks, they have stickers of all sorts religiously glued to the doors and trunks of their cars, some even walk the streets clad in ridiculously colourful apron...what are we talking about. Catholics don't go about chastising them because we mind our business. The nut case burnt a cross, who gives a rat's bum-bum about that? Leave the Catholic Church out of this, please and address why a "normal" human will burn a piece of wood and post it on the internet. Catholic and very proud.

2 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Isiri: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:

so shall it be .hell is your home
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
omoelerin1:
What of laying of hands or using the apron and the shadows of the Apostles to wrought miracles?
These were all acts that came up after, and even though Christ didn't heal through these means, He charged them with a mandate; 'Greater works than these'. The disciples ended up doing incredible things.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by omoelerin1: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
Burn your prick wey you dey take commit fornication up and down, first.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by MARKETfund: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
tydi:

dear proudly Jehovah witness hope u prayed this morning which u guys despise so much, FYI Jehovah started with prayers and ended with prayers. the earlier u know this the better for u..

Oh, am sure he did pray this morning..
And by-the-way, Jehovah does not pray cos He is the almighty unless you meant Jesus the begotten Son of God(Jehovah)

PS: You see why they don't pray with you? Cos you don't know the difference between Jesus(Son of God) & God(Jehovah) cheesy
Stop priding yourself in ignorance and go get some knowledge from your Bible bro. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Your Family Should Pray Unclad / Yahoo Boys: Pastor David Ibiyeomie Tells Police Stop Collecting Money From Thems / African Beads And Occult Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.