Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,115 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:41 PM

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols (22123 Views)

Man Burns Church Over Failed Prophecies In Lagos / Man Says, Christians Who Watch Game Of Thrones Will Go To Hell / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Kylekent59: 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
Some people are very funny. To all those people saying catholics are worshiping idol,this and that. My assignment for you is to attend catholic church on Sunday and also sit at the back sit.
Now go there for observation. Observe all they do till the mass is ended.
Then go home, compare what other people or what they have been saying about catholics to what you have observed.

After this,i hope you will know the truth.

No need blasting, saying soughts of nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
sandrahnaub:
I pity him!
hmm pity.. so damn fine
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
MobilityMFR:
When I read certain comments, definitely written by feeble-minded individuals, I just smile - "Catholics are closer to moslem and hell," some buffoon commented. Catholics have the cross and other images of Jesus, Mary, pictures of the saints they revere - these are images of people who had walked this earth and were exemplary to people of their generation and every Catholic strives to imitate the way they led their lives - is that considered to be a crime? These days, the so-called New Generation Christian Churches (with their Daddy/Mummy G.Os) have pictures pictures of the Daddy/Mummy G.Os hanging on their necks, they have stickers of all sorts religiously glued to the doors and trunks of their cars, some even walk the streets clad in ridiculously colourful apron...what are we talking about. Catholics don't go about chastising them because we mind our business. The nut case burnt a cross, who gives a rat's bum-bum about that? Leave the Catholic Church out of this, please and address why a "normal" human will burn a piece of wood and post it on the internet. Catholic and very proud.
Abeg tell them.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by nellyelitz(m): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
He's a catholic..

I'm a Christian i don't use that shiit.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Kylekent59: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
MobilityMFR:
When I read certain comments, definitely written by feeble-minded individuals, I just smile - "Catholics are closer to moslem and hell," some buffoon commented. Catholics have the cross and other images of Jesus, Mary, pictures of the saints they revere - these are images of people who had walked this earth and were exemplary to people of their generation and every Catholic strives to imitate the way they led their lives - is that considered to be a crime? These days, the so-called New Generation Christian Churches (with their Daddy/Mummy G.Os) have pictures pictures of the Daddy/Mummy G.Os hanging on their necks, they have stickers of all sorts religiously glued to the doors and trunks of their cars, some even walk the streets clad in ridiculously colourful apron...what are we talking about. Catholics don't go about chastising them because we mind our business. The nut case burnt a cross, who gives a rat's bum-bum about that? Leave the Catholic Church out of this, please and address why a "normal" human will burn a piece of wood and post it on the internet. Catholic and very proud.

Thank you my brother. Am so proud of you.

You are highly educated and I love your reasoning and observation. Best comment of the thread

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by labelle123(f): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
Kylekent59:
Some people are very funny. To all those people saying catholics are worshiping idol,this and that. My assignment for you is to attend catholic church on Sunday and also sit at the back sit.
Now go there for observation. Observe all they do till the mass is ended.
Then go home, compare what other people or what they have been saying about catholics to what you have observed.

After this,i hope you will know the truth.

No need blasting, saying soughts of nonsense.
Abeg tell them

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by omoelerin1: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
DearPeople:

These were all acts that came up after, and even though Christ didn't heal through these means, He charged them with a mandate; 'Greater works than these'. The disciples ended up doing incredible things.
Are you saying the Apostles did incredible things- deviating from the teaching of Christ? If that is what you are saying, obviously, you are are a babe. Level of your christian maturity is very low.

What is Apostles' doctrine? what is Christianity?
Do you think Christ brought Christianity?

Apostles are the foundation of Christianity/church. Acts 2: 42
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by delors(m): 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
If Christians are worshipping idols let them worship na...hows that ur biz? Now if something happens to you now because of this sacrilege u 'll bring that ur dark oily big head here to seek help or donation
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by magzey: 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
I don't belong there ,so non of my Business grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Shaev7(m): 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
desreek9:
Nope not christians, maybe catholics.

Ftc, no biggie
Are Catholics not better than your pastors that deceives and mislead you, especially ruin you financially all in the name of vision and miracles?

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by urbanemind(m): 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
As a true Christian, I don't support idol worship which the Bible clearly warns us (1 Corinthians 10:14) But it's so unfortunate the majority of Christian especially the Catholics make use of cross, images to worship God rather than in truth and in spirit as commanded in the Bible.

Jehovah witness all over world don't use any cross or any images in worshipping The Almighty Jehovah.

proudly a Jehovah's witness.
can Jehovah witness ever publish anything without mentioning Catholics,
i hope jealousy won't kill you people.

2 Likes

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Mollyallex(f): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
He's just a foolish somebody
So he couldn't find any other means to gain his 2mins attention

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Pat081: 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
As a true Christian, I don't support idol worship which the Bible clearly warns us (1 Corinthians 10:14) But it's so unfortunate the majority of Christian especially the Catholics make use of cross, images to worship God rather than in truth and in spirit as commanded in the Bible.

Jehovah witness all over world don't use any cross or any images in worshipping The Almighty Jehovah.

if nt dat u re a fool Catholic Church let agree dat dey worship d cross wic dey dnt do ,but dey show It to d world to c wot of all dos big church we hv now dat wot dey worship is bad

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by urbanemind(m): 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2018
mekuso89:
that's Catholic not Christians.

Catholic is some thing else

Catholic warships images while Christians worship Jehovah
and u thought u re making sense? sorry for u
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Shaev7(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
Discussing Christianity here is some how waste of time. There are Buddhist here, Atheist, and other Christians here. Even Jehovah witness are here, so how do you tell your mind? Quite unfortunate to think somebody is is worshiping the Cross, if you worship cross, you are on your own. No Catholic will tell you they worship cross of Jesus or any other cross but reverence as a spiritual sign of respect and honour.
If you say Catholics bow to images, are you not stupid to also tell yourselves the truth that when you want to shake an old man or greet an old man or elder one or even the elites like Governor or President or Ministers you bow your head sometimes use two hands to shake them as a sign of respect? Does that mean you worship them? When we comment, comment brilliantly and relate to reality.
I pity those that are tied within the nuts of Pastors and GOs. Most of you are gone! You are just there to criticise and all that. The Yoruba's and some tribe prostrate or bow to greet elder ones, what does that mean? Tell yourselves the truth and don't let devil to laugh at you. Let me tell all those that hate Catholics, Atheist and Buddhist are better than you! if you don't know now you know! Especially the protestant churches, you know yourselves. I will rather eat and dine with a Buddhist or atheist than to role with you! You are all agent of heresy! You made divisions to Christianity today, Christians can't stand as one, why does other religions stand as one and not Christians? Think deeply into that.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by akaahs(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:

And proudly a catholic, what u don't know nd u don't wana know u can never know.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by fransixe(m): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
you believed Christ Died for your sins, and yet do not show care or concern for the "medium" (Cross) on which He died for you. am SMH for you. May God forgive him and who ever do not believe in the Power of the Cross!
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by shine96: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:

But Redeem Christians go and kneel down before Pastor Adeboye's old chair
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by akaahs(m): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Newpride:
That's Catholic in action, ......... the kind of Christianity they practice is far away from what jesus christ instructed us. Catholic are closer to Islam and hell fire than christianity itself

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by tydi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
MARKETfund:

Oh, am sure he did pray this morning..
And by-the-way, Jehovah does not pray cos He is the almighty unless you meant Jesus the begotten Son of God(Jehovah)

PS: You see why we don't pray with you? Cos you don't know the difference between Jesus(Son of God) & God(Jehovah) cheesy
Stop priding yourself in ignorance and go get some knowledge from the Bible bro. cool

oh stfu! I lost count how many of your fellow brethren I have chased out of my house because of their lack of praying before they start spewing their trash, u see why I doubt he prayed this morning but u are there defending him by lying on his behalf or are you guys hypocritical that u pray among yourselves and not with another denomination, I guess not. And without prayer u are going nowhere so u better form the habit now if u lacking behind or been brainwashed not to.
secondly who do you guys think is Jehovah (God) and who is Jesus Christ? I know u guys are again been misled in this aspect again. I don't have time I would have educate u the more Buh am at work now.
I advice u do some research about Trinity one God that will clear ur ignoramus being,to get to know that they are all one God.
now u see u r of a more sincere ignorant one now.
have a nice day.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by mukhtara446(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
Moyinoluwa35:
am a christian i dont worship cross..i keep saying i rather rot and burn in d deepest part of hell fire forever than being a moslem..m
what did Islam did for you if I may asked, and why will you make that decision, and you might be a Muslim and you don't know, because Muslim is an Arabic word means one who summit if i am correct. And being a Muslim means to summit your free choice to the will of God

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by MARKETfund: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
tydi:

[s]oh stfu! I lost count how many of your fellow brethren I have chased out of my house because of their lack of praying before they start spewing their trash, u see why I doubt he prayed this morning but u are there defending him by lying on his behalf or are you guys hypocritical that u pray among yourselves and not with another denomination, I guess not. And without prayer u are going nowhere so u better form the habit now if u lacking behind or been brainwashed not to.
secondly who do you guys think is Jehovah (God) and who is Jesus Christ? I know u guys are again been misled in this aspect again. I don't have time I would have educate u the more Buh am at work now.
I advice u do some research about Trinity one God that will clear ur ignoramus being,to get to know that they are all one God.
now u see u r of a more sincere ignorant one now.
have a nice day.[/s]

I've never seen a quantum of ignorance in one post before!
LMAO grin grin grin

PS: This is why I avoid back and forth quotes from NL'ders cos they'll dull you.
Ignoring you henceforth bro.
Nice day
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by MrCEO69(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:

is JW now Christains?? there is no correlation between the two.. u don't blive Jesus!
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by MackyVera: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2018
Bro, nobody is worshipping "cross" Always get your facts right before you say anything. I suggest that people should be more concerned about their own lives other than antagonising.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2018
omoelerin1:
Are you saying the Apostles did incredible things- deviating from the teaching of Christ? If that is what you are saying, obviously, you are are a babe. Level of your christian maturity is very low.

What is Apostles' doctrine? what is Christianity?
Do you think Christ brought Christianity?

Apostles are the foundation of Christianity/church. Acts 2: 42
I'm tempted to refer to you as someone with low reasoning/comprehension ability but I would not. DOES 'GREATER WORKS THAN THESE' COME OFF AS DEVIATION TO YOU Christ charged the disciples and they did incredibly good, how then is that a deviation from the teachings of Christ

Just so you know, Paul in many of his letters, particularly to Corinth, taught many wrong things since they were from his opinion. Several times, Paul contradicted the instructions and teachings of Christ. If you aren't a baby Christian you would know this.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by tydi(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
MARKETfund:

I've never seen a quantum of ignorance in one post before!
LMAO grin grin grin

PS: This is why I avoid back and forth quotes from NL'ders cos they'll dull you.
Ignoring you henceforth bro.
Nice day

I believe this is a forum where ideas are shared and also learned, and if u don't have any to defend what I layed out to you then I guess it's your brain that is dulling you.
and if you have the belief that Jesus Christ is not God in human form that came to save me and you from our adamic sinful nature then u really need to saved and accept Christ. peace

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Famoosky(m): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Some Nigerians can just be fools.. No wonder they are always victims of bad events. Our worship is directed towards someone - the Supreme being. Faith can be boosted in several ways. Stop creating issues when there is none
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by success541(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
When we talk of christians, some people think it just going to church. Christians are does who doing what christ ask us to do or are living the life of christ not hold any image to pray to God no no no that is not it please church or no church read ur bible very well then the spirit of God will open ur eyes to see the truth.

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Augustenite(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
mekuso89:
that's Catholic not Christians.

Catholic is some thing else

Catholic warships images while Christians worship Jehovah
Little sense you don't have.
So Catholic is not Christian, then who are the Christians??
Your mumu don do. Receive sense in Jesus name.
Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by ObaiNetwork: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Catholicism will remain nd always be the best..catholics don't worship idols...some dont kw what is idol worshipping..it is when u as a man worship an oibject that was created by man or trees,sun,moon etc..giving those things glory in summary whorshipping the creATED than the creatOR...catholics use sacred images and symbols to worship GOD,JESUS AND THE HOLY GHOST AND TO VENERATE THE SAINTS/ANGELS..WITH THOSE IMAGES REMINDING THEM OF WHAT IT DEPICTS OR REPRESENTS.. WHICH IS WHAT THE WORSHIP OR VENERATE AS THE CASE MAY BE..BT DONT IN ANY WAY WORSHIP THE IMAGE ITSELF..WHEN A CATHOLIC KNEELS OR BOWS TO A CONSECREATED IMAGE,HE ONLY BOWS TO WHO OR WHAT SUCH IMAGE REPRESENTS..MOST PPLE USE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT NT WORSHIPPING ANYTHING IMAGE TO FIGHT CATHOLICS BT FORGET THAT TWO SERAPHS I.E ANGELS ,TABLET OF STONES,MANNER AND THE WOOD USED TO CONSTRUCT THE ARK ARE ON THE ARK OF THE COVENANT WHICH REPRESENTS THE PRESENCE OF GOD TO THE ISREALITES I.E PPLE THAT PRACTICE JEWISH RELIGION FROM WHICH CHRISTIANITY EMERGED FROM..EVEN CHECK HOW GOD INTRUCTED SOLOMON TO BUILD HIS TEMPLE...READ UR BIBLE...DOES IT MEAN THE JEWS ARE IDOLATRIES TOO?? U BLAME CATHOLICS FOR IDOLATRY BT U USE THE BIBLE TO TO PRACTICALLY CAST AND BIND DURING UR RADICAL BASELESS PRAYERS,U USE OILS,U USE HAND TOWERS BLESSED BY UR GO,ARPRONS EVEN I SAW SOME WEARING OYEDEPOS PICX ON THEIR NECKS..THAT ONE IS NT IDOLATRY ABI...INFACT, IF U ARE A TRUE BELIEVER OF CHRIST AND U BELIEVE TRUELY THAT HE IS GREAT,ANYTHING CONCERNING HIM IF WELL CONCENCRETED WITH FAITH THROUGH HOLINESS SHOULD BE GREAT AND REVERENCED BY U.. PROUDLY A CTHOLIC ND WILL REMAIN A CATHOLIC EVEN IF THE POPES FAILS
DOMINIC CAMILLUS

1 Like

Re: Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols by Oricha62(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2018
Snow02:
everybody is now suddenly an expert in religious activities OK we are watching
They are experts because there are no evidence to back the religious activities up.
You can wake up any day and claim God revealed to you .
There is no religion called Christian in the bible.Christians were not ask to go to church on Sunday in the bible. Jesus(a.s) never claimed to be Neither does he command his followers to pray in his name in the bible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government / 7 Reasons Why Your Family Should Pray Unclad / 'Educated Illiterates': Prophet Odumeje Mocks Nigeria's Education (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.