Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,830 members, 7,915,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:50 PM

Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (7249 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene Wenger be sacked?

Yes: 46% (82 votes)
No: 53% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Should Arsene Wenger Hold On To Fabregas? / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by 9ce(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2010
i must tell you Arsene Wenger is a very good coach undecided. . . .why i am having headache with this man is he so much believe in used and dump players. . . . gosh!!. . . . it's fucking annoying angry seeing arsenal in this bad shape shocked . . .let him flush out all those pensioner and look for better players out there, gosh! i can't shout
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by switch411(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
WENGER IS THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD!! No wenger no football!!
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by edogu(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
Arsenal is paying off the loan on the emirate stadium, based on my club's financial plan to repay the loan - No big spending for the next 5 years. I believe in our young players and based on our position, we are not doing badly.
When this young set of players mature, probably within the next 2 seasons, we will be unstoppable.
I believe in WENGER, he is the best coach in England and the world.
LONG LIVE ARSENAL, LONG LIVE GUNNERS FANS,

@denitro. 4 hw long can we continue to wait. The fans are in need of silverware. If nt he shld be shown d way out angry
@Ifebazz or whatever. Are u here to sympathize with d gunnz or mock us. angry angry
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2010
that is left 4 the gayners fans grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Gunnaz007: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2010
ArseneW shud not be sacked!!!!!! Because it wud unsettle the set up at arsenal and any new coach coming in may not adopt the pattern understood by these  dudes. I think arsenal's main propblem is injury to players and the null quality in the available substitutes for the injured players.

I believe the arsenal board wud neva risk losing wenger now because of what it wud cost in terms of management of the arsenal balance sheet - I forsee sometime in the future, wenger leaving on his own volition instead of being sacked by d board!

If the boyz can overcome injuries over a long spell, then we wud be fascinated to see what this team is made of cool
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by cooltobex(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
whoever is in Nigeria and is threatening to leave arsenal if wenger is not sacked is only just fooling himself, becausaer in the first place you are not even recognized, tongue so go to hell. i'm a liverpool fan, but i'll never support the sacking of wenger. what of benitez? kiss
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by teeluv(m): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
with immediate alacrity and employ amodu,
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by chidichris(m): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2010
for the fans, wenger shld be sacked for they are not getting what they are used to - trophies
for the club owners, wenger must not be sacked because he is giving them, what they want - money

the fans are anxious of trophies because that is the bases for their celebrations within the season and at the end of the season so because they have waited for some good 5 yrs on the youngstars who have refused to grow into men. the fans have been waiting on arsenal who have been telling them to be patient to no avail. i think, 90% of the fans are no longer comfortable as they do not know how long more they are going to wait.

when u look at the comfortable club owners, u see good busineesmen who smile to the bank at the end of every financial year not minding how poor their shelf might look as a result of lack of trophies. at the end of the yr, wenger will tell them how he bought 10 players 5 million and sale 2 50 million.
so the struggle for sack and stay will be between the fans and the owners.
the man who pays the piper dictects the tone so fans, u must learn to live ur life trophiless or u can join the two current hungry teams in epl.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by lawyer(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2010
Wenger cannot be sacked and will not be sacked. He is an Institution already in the club and his duties surpasses the issue of coaching. I have been a life long fan of arsenal since 1991 when I saw Bruce Rioch and Gordon Graham came and went. While those days Arsenal was known as a kick and follow long ball playing boring Arsenal, the Wenger Era changed the dimension of the new arsenal and the way people view and love it to day.

This is the truth. Wenger is a victim of his own success in the 90's and the early 2000s. He allowed the board make him take the fall in exchange for giving him the free hand to do things. When the stadium issue came on board, he knew he would have little funds and he sought to make a way out of nothing to help the club raise funds to pay the debts while still competing on all fronts. The board left him penniless and he had to make do with straws and chicken change to claw his way into success. The arrival of Abrahamovic was the turning point because Wenger saw the beginning of the end of his new plan. He knew the russian would command all the best players money can buy and he could only fight with his peanuts. He knew the effect of having money to purchase top notch players because he also used big money to command big name players then when the going was good in highbury.

At least then, he bought Henry for $9million, Wiltord for $12million, Sol Campbell for $10million, Viera for $10Million, Reyes for $17million and a host of under the radar players for big fees but then again, when your handicapped, you have to think outside the box. He had to start buying players for cheap to achieve success i.e Lehmann for $1.5Million, Kolo Toure for $150,000, Fabregas for $350,000, Clichy $650,000 and a host of players under the $3million mark. Truthfully, with the constraints he has financially, its still a miracle we compete on all fronts till the end because we should be a mid table team but i think very soon, things will change.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by deluxecad(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
Yes! Let him be sacked. If you carefully trace his root, he must have some Ijebu ancestry. Lol! Damn!
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by lawyer(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
In respect of his current failures on the pitch, i still wont blame wenger totally. The players themselves have messed the man up so badly. I have never seen a coach wrap his players so much in wool to prevent the world from criticizing them and prefering for the world to criticize him instead of his players and in return, what do the players do for him? They mess him up so badly. Nobody will tell me that Arsenal players are not talented enough to enjoy watching them play and for them to do the job.Thr truth is that they are just plain bottlers and lazy and there is nothing the coach can do about it once they step into the pitch. He can scream and shout and can only change 3 players. What about the remaining 7? If they all perform badly this week, does he have the opportunity to change all of them and throw them away and seek for new players? Even when the transfer season opens, how many more players can he buy to change the rest of these bottlers? You cant just discard the whole team like that even if they are ultimate bottlers!

Look at players like Diaby, Denilson, Nasri, Walcott, Rocsicky, eduardo, vela, eboue, Almunia, Fabianski. These players have so messed up Wenger this season and the last 3 seasons with their attitude and laziness on the pitch. You cannot say these players are not good players on their day but they fail to grow up to be men. Wenger believed so much in them and at the beginning of the season they impressed even the most ardent critic that they have grown up and are more matured but at the tail end they have shown to be the ultimate bottlers on this planet. Wenger does not have the luxury to sell all of them because of the cash flow problem but i think he will add some steel and bite next season. The moment he has enough money to compete with the manutds or chelseas, things will turn for the better. Its just a money issue i believe
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hmmmn. S'like u've not been followin my posts dude, i'm not mocking any oh, as a mater of fact my heart goes out 2 every Arsenal fan. Jus being abbrasive of unfolding events thats all.
Wenger is a good coach no doubt (some even claim he beta dan SAF?!), but sometimes good things don't work beta dan de not so good.
Now would u agree 2 de fact dat Jose is beta than Wenger, going by achievements?
It's not enough 4 a coach 2 be good @ play & so called bizness & trophies left out.
Don't 4get dat trophies attract revenues & bigger bizness dan just good play. See a club like Utd hv all sort of companies vying for sponsorship/partnership. Men dats biz.
We need dat @ de Emirates! Viola!
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by rman: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
The moment a team can't compete and win trophies the revenue everyone is talking about will start to shrink. Not winning any kind of trophy in six years is not good no matter what argument Arsenal fans put forward.I am beginning to think Arsene Wenger has the easiest coaching job in he world because he doesn't have to win anything.
We can all continue to talk about youth policy but sincerely speaking the most important players for MAN U last season are all young(Ronaldo, Roonet, Evra, Vidic etc). Some of the so called youth in Arsenal have reached their peak. The earlier you start the quicker you get there. So expect the Diaby's, Clichy, Walcot, Bentner, Nasri , Denilson to show nothing new next season. Song is probabaly the most improved player on that team. We also have to put into consideration that some of them have palyed three seasons already in the premiership. If they are not good enough in 3 seasons they won't be good enough in 10.
A lot of ok players have been available to him but he has failed to act. If Fabregas leaves next season there is an already made excuse for not winning, and mark my words, they won't win anything next season if they don't buy palyers. The Arsenal playing style is great, all he needs are hungry players in mid twenties that can deliver. They are all over the French, Belgian and even portugese league. The amazing thing is he doesn't need to buy 7 or 8 players. I feel a good striker, a creative midfielder and two good defenders will do.Of all the teams that are in the top six this season, which one will Bentner play that many games for even if they have injury crisis? NONE.
Arsene Wenger needs not be sacked. He is just sturbon.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by mrkoma2012: 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
Yes
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Rastamann: 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2010
Not winning any trophy for the past 4 years going to 5 years now, he has really overstayed his welcome and need to go.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
True talk rman, some coaches are paid 2 keep team in de EPL, some in de top 10, others at de top 4.
It makes ur job easier kwin trophy is jus an added advantage!
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by eros(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2010
Yes. It is time he retires or gets sacked.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by snowdrops(m): 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2010
NEVER.

He has done so much for this club. Remember they won their first of 3 premiership titles under him.

He needs to leave anyway. He deserves to resign honourably considering all what the club has achieved under him.

This should be his last season with Arsenal.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by baibbieboy: 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2010
I dont think sacking him is the solution. We all blame him for not signing players, yet the board seems to be comfortable wit it for five seasons. That means they both have an understanding.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by olaolabiy: 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
kia kia now
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by snowdrops(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
ola olabiy:

kia kia now
Whats that?
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by chamotex(m): 11:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
Sack him and get Tunde Disu
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by snowdrops(m): 12:06am On Apr 20, 2010
chamotex:

Sack him and get Tunde Disu
Good riddance to bad rubbish
You are having a laugh right cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by chamotex(m): 12:09am On Apr 20, 2010
snowdrops:

You are having a laugh right cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked

Maybe Onigbinde then cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by snowdrops(m): 12:11am On Apr 20, 2010
You want make he go dey chop amala for bench grin
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by chamotex(m): 12:22am On Apr 20, 2010
At least he'll challenge for the title cheesy
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by COOLDK(m): 3:16am On Apr 20, 2010
Hey! Why should he b sacked 4 God sake. Wenger is a superb coach, its jst dt he turns thin around negatively atimes.

Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by sulad82i(m): 4:55am On Apr 20, 2010
Are you part of the board member?
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 5:26am On Apr 20, 2010
CAPITAL NNOO.BUT IF U SAY YES.THENLET HIM COME TO prime fc osogbo.he wi b useful there.and we nid a good asistant coach.so tell him 2 apply.we nid him.thou nt a fan of prime fc.bt i pity them
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by MandS: 7:02am On Apr 20, 2010
this sounds really silly, but how do i post a new thread
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by larimo(m): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2010
I remember so well when Passernal thrashed Everton 6-1 abi na 6-0 and suddenly they claimed the title grin. I cautioned a friend then saying this is the same initial gragra we see every season but as usual dem no dey hear grin. E don happen again

Arsene has done well in looking for talents as well as in his style of play but if he insists on the same policy, he should be sacked. FIFA has U-17, U-20 and senior tournaments because levels are not the same. Arsene needs to recognise that. Boys will be boys.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2010
@ SAM MILLA just shut up ur mouth, Fegie has achieved what he achieved cos he is An English MAN, getting REf's favour here and there, he is accumulating debts instead of making money, This yr Arsenal has £48 million profit after paying players wages and serving our little stadium debt, what has manu got immensed debt debt debt, £716 million, so my guy dont even go there, let gunners discuss our issue ok!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 11 Footballers Who Cried On The Pitch / I Hate Watching Barcelona Play. / Chelsea Vs Blackburn [5 - 0] On Saturday 25th October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.