Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,193 members, 7,887,458 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:09 AM

Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria (10886 Views)

The Problem With Healthcare In Nigeria / Man Killed In Rush For Free Healthcare In S.leone / Point-of-care Ultrasound & Medico-legal Aspects Of Healthcare Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by stede(m): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
*Hauwa*:

i have been following the news, it is always "not ascertain he was drunk'" so how long will it take to confirm he was drunk? nonsense system there in nigeria.

WE ARE USE TO 9JA LIFE
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by abayorme: 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2010
@krayola, your comment is the best I've seen here

There is more than enough blame to go round. From possibly drinking and driving, to seat-belts, pre-crashed vehicles being sold to unsuspecting customers, to parking laws, to street lights, to first aid, to emergency response, to quality of care in hospitals, to friends letting possibly intoxicated friends operate a vehicle. I can go on and on. This is just tragic on so many levels.

We have lost a true gem, and no amount of finger pointing will bring him back.

I dont know why people have failed to realize that it was just his time, it has been written even before he was born, so whether olaitan's health was managed in Nigeria or overseas, he would have died. Teaching hospitals have successfully managed worse cases!

RIP ola my boy
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by temmyeben(m): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2010
i just believe what happen as happened regards my man R.I.P (dagrin) all we have doing is to pray 4 his family 4 the big loose of our friend. guys see i can't blame the hospital the accident was so fatal that if u can see even if he survive he will never be somebody again in life so, tongue cry cool sleep well friend. we all miss u.
bye 4 now. grin
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by jumobi1(m): 7:31am On Apr 28, 2010
Who knows who is to blame. One thing for sure is that Nigeria is lacking in several aspects that could prolong/save its people's lives. I'm sure if we were forced to choose between getting hit by a car in Nigeria or the same care in the US, we would choose the U.S. (even those saying death is inevitable or Stella and Maryam died too).
Nigeria is too backwards. We need to help ourself cos God won't do ojoro for we Nigerians. We just take shit and pray hoping shit changes.
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by lareine(f): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2010
@ Kushe
What's wrong in watching too mush Grey's Anatomy?
Are you denying the fact that our hospitald are beyond standard?
Oh pls!
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by adebaki: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2010
Am sad, angry ,irritated and alot of other emotions on my mind , bottom line is he was meant to die . Thats what some people would call destiny but i would like to consider the element of free will , meaning maybe he could have survived , maybe it could have been avoided . I think my 9ja people should start paying more attention to people driving drunk ( NO offense to dagrin cos he was and is still my fav 9ja artiste), stop saying u dey ok and nothing do you, I mean people hawk canned beer in traffic and bus drivers shack like they are drinking water .

About the nigerian system thats another looong story i dont want to get into , bottom line lets think about the people we love and people that love us whenever we want to do things . I pray God gives his family the strength to bear the loss .

RIP DAGRIN , Aye lan je a je sugar cane
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by soreola(f): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2010
I believe that everything that happens happens for a reason. There are a few lessons we could learn from what happened. If he was really drunk we learn that nobody not even famous stars can escape death when they drink and drive. If his injuries were not that severe indeed, we learn that some serious work needs to be done with our health system in Nigeria, either way some work needs to be done. If the hospitals that i see in nija movies are really as things are in nija then work needs to be done. I mean those hospitals i see have no machinery!!!, How do you expect to monitor patients, tests, Nija needs to invest in machineries in ALL their hospitals, a few to each room (that is if they don't already), It should not only be teaching hospitals that have machineries,

About the LIfespan of an average Nigeria, i have seen stats that show that it's short but a few changes would elongate it a little. I say its going to take a joint effort both from the citizens and the government and even Nigerians abroad to make Nigeria a better place, But it is all easier said than done, Lets not let DaGrin's death be in Vain,
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by Atemitope(m): 1:59am On Apr 30, 2010
R I P dagrin we've missed u.
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by exago(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2010
adebaki:

Am sad, angry ,irritated and alot of other emotions on my mind , bottom line is he was meant to die . Thats what some people would call destiny but i would like to consider the element of free will , meaning maybe he could have survived , maybe it could have been avoided . I think my 9ja people should start paying more attention to people driving drunk ( NO offense to dagrin cos he was and is still my fav 9ja artiste), stop saying u dey ok and nothing do you, I mean people hawk canned beer in traffic and bus drivers shack like they are drinking water .

About the nigerian system thats another looong story i dont want to get into , bottom line lets think about the people we love and people that love us whenever we want to do things . I pray God gives his family the strength to bear the loss .

RIP DAGRIN , Aye lan je a je sugar cane

Just tied of seeing our young men waste . . . life . . talent . . time

How Can I know Christ?

Salvation is deliverance from spiritual death and enslavement by sin. God provides salvation for all who believe and accept His free offer of forgiveness. Mankind’s only hope of redemption from the fallen sinful state is through the blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son–blood that was shed as Jesus died on the cross.

Choosing your place in eternity — it’s up to you!

The door is open … but walking through it is a personal choice. To ignore the open door, or to procrastinate, may not seem all that significant today. But on that future day, it will surpass all the other decisions we’ve ever made in our whole lives.

If you haven’t yet begun a relationship with God, here’s what you need to do:

A—Admit that all is not well between you and God. Not that you’re necessarily a bad person, but still … His standards are higher than you can reach. As the Bible says with some bluntness, “There is no difference…. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:22-23).

B—Believe that there’s still a chance to remedy this situation, however, thanks to the generous sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. He took the punishment we deserved. He stepped up on our behalf. “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly…. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 5:6 and 6:23).

C—Call out to the Lord for his forgiveness and acceptance. Tell Him honestly that you want to be changed on the inside. Ask Him to adopt you as one of His special children. He won’t brush you off. He will welcome you. In the words of the ancient prophet Joel, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Joel 2:32, Romans 10:13).

You can talk to God about this anytime, anywhere, using any words you wish. You don’t have to come up with a formal speech. Just be honest and tell God the essence of the A-B-C points above.

If you feel uneasy, here’s a short prayer you can say:

Dear God, I’d like to make things right with You. I admit I haven’t always lived the way I should and I’ve broken Your rules. I ask for Your forgiveness of my sins. Based on what Jesus did on my behalf, please accept me as one of Your children. I recognize you as the new Authority of my life, and I’ll do my best to follow Your direction. Be merciful to me, O God.
Amen.

Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by babsmii(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by idifu(m): 12:18am On May 02, 2010
the health care sector in Ngeria is messed up like a Zap.e.d up Kitty-Cat go to LASUTH you will know what i'm talking about
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by omomoller(m): 2:13pm On May 02, 2010
d first thing dat came to my mind was the fact that he could still come out of the crash alive.then later the health care he was given.luth is a hell hole.maybe wen on minister's son is rushed to luth and he dies due to lack of good medical treatment then something will be done about that place.its crazy cos i so much luv da grin and hate to knw dat he is gone.
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by reindeer: 11:34pm On May 02, 2010
Really they never learn!
But i think if it continues that the sp called elite die off from poor emergency services, then they'll realise that Nigerians deserve better health care. I know they can afford to keep travelling out for trivial health issues, i pray they suffer what they are making nigerians go through. angry
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 02, 2010
was there any autopsy before he was buried, or did the spirits forbid it.

**nobody should regale me with stories of how autopsies cant be done in nigeria**
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by eleven59: 7:15pm On May 04, 2010
Maybe the guy knows he was going to die soonest,i wouldn't know why a young guy of 26yrs old would keep talking about death death death in most of his tracks,have you listen to a track i guess in his new album saying father if i die please don't cry for me??well i am not insinuating anything.
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by omomoller(m): 12:05am On May 05, 2010
u knw wot?i think the guy knws he was going to die.i have heard so many things about da grin this short while.some say he did jazz and he had been told he was just going to live for a short while.its crazy what people think/say bout thid guy.right now i dont even care if he did jazz or drums.d fact still remains dat d guy was filled with ryhmes,saw dagrin's jimmy jat's jump off,men it was hot.my younger bro told me to stop listening to that particular track "if i die" and truly its scary.or wot do u guys think?
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by nereiskc(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2010
Da grin was 2 young 2 die.RIP young nigga.we luv u
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by tayoast(m): 11:35pm On May 05, 2010
now dat Yar'adua's dead
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by nadi44: 1:29am On May 06, 2010
Nigerian patients
For Free telephone Consultation with world renowned Surgeons and doctors in International hospitals, for the latest Hip replacements, Knee replacements, Cardiac surgeries, Cosmetic surgeries and more , call(+1) 925-429-4422 or email: info@surgeryplanet.com . We make complete arrangements for your medical care from doctor consultations, hospital bookings, travel tickets, local assistants , helpers, nurses and stay. Save up to 50% when you book through us.
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by yomiautos: 8:34am On May 24, 2010
I'm sure Idifu didnt mean to say LASUTH. clear the air pls
Re: Dagrin And The State Of Healthcare In Nigeria by LizzyOhaka(f): 4:55pm On May 31, 2010
Dagrin's death is a painfully sad one for Nigeria. So many lessons to learn from him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Body Lotions For African Skin / Top 5 Sex Position For High Pleasurable Sex / Beware Of Fake "Dentistry Course Or Dentists".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.