Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,140 members, 7,973,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 08:47 AM

Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 - Education (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 (219764 Views)

Unn Admission List 2010/2011 Is Out / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 / Unilorin Admission List Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by modskiller(m): 11:57am On Aug 30, 2010
@oladayo
@harzan
@big bug ben

thanks for the reply an opinion on my(big head) other question
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by ifkunlethe: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2010
C me O. thanks for the info though.
Bigbug. You can say that again.
Blacksnip. are you back from lag to ilorin?
@Alstarmayo. It depends on the department you are working, if you are a banker for instance, and you are in operations (especially a teller) you wont have choice than to count money lol. Many of which (accountant) are not always in the banking sector again.

@Modskiller. Thanks bro, but we've been informed.

@all, This has always been the tradition in all institutions. The fact that this statement is stated in there does does not mean that >=50<70 will not be admitted. You will be suprised when you see a candidate with far lee than 70% gaining admission even before 70% candidate. Besides, it's not as if one will not be admitted at all.

Let's be prayerful and know our ways.

best of luck guys.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by kayflakes: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
hello guys, i realy appreci8 wat u r doing but i will like u 2 enlighting me more concerning the remedial programme cos acording 2 one of the views i read, it says that we'll get the form and also pay the fee. I was kinda confused when i read that nd would like 2 know more about it. i need ur reply. thanks
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Skmoda360(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2010
Bigben,i got u man,hope to see u in ilorin.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by taosola(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
No shaking! whatever the number of phases they use, whatever their cut-off mark is, I'll be favoured by the special grace of ALLAH and you too.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by ifkunlethe: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
pROP-aYOLA ABI WETIN YOU CALL UR NAME. DO YOU SEE UR MATE HERE?DOES THIS PLACE LOOK LIKE UR KINDA FORUM? ONLY FOCUS PEOPLE WITH FEATURE AMBITION ARE HERE. OYA RUN ALONG JOOO. YOU THIS CAFE ATTENDANT
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by BLACKSNIP(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
No mind ham jare, i don dey Lagos.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by rauly: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2010
please help my ssce registration number did not appear in my details.is it like that for everybody.i need reply asap.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by BLACKSNIP(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
raul_y, its like that for everyone.

Unilorin resumes 27th of next month. Check this link below for more INFO.

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/bulletin/Bulletin%20Monday%2030th%20August%202010.pdf
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by BLACKSNIP(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
Prof. Ayorinde said candidates that score less than 70percent would not be admitted FOR COMPETITIVE COURSES Like Law, Medicine, Accounting and Finance.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by oladayo042: 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2010
BLACKSNIP:

raul_y, its like that for everyone.

Unilorin resumes 27th of next month. Check this link below for more INFO.

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/bulletin/Bulletin%20Monday%2030th%20August%202010.pdf
Yeah. Page 2 (last paragraph)
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by ayawori(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Well i just downloaded d bulletin, it says the 73,392 candidates that applied to the University of Ilorin, either as first, second or most

preferred choice institution, for the 2010/2011 admission exercise, some 27,847 among them

ultimately sat for the pre-registration screening exercise.

In the screening exercise that lasted between Monday August 16 and Monday August 23, 2010 at Ilorin,

Lagos and Minna centres, 58.26% of the candidates scored 50% and above, Unilorin Bulletin can reveal.

Some 11,622 candidates, however, scored lower than 50% in the exercise.

Speaking last Thursday (August 26, 2010) with Unilorin Bulletin, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
(Academic) Prof. Kolade L. Ayorinde, who chaired the committee that carried out the assignment,

reiterated that the outcome of the exercise justifies that the pre-admission screening, called post-JAMB, is

a necessity that must be sustained to maintain standard.

According to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, if candidates that scored 280 (out of 400) or more in the

Unified Tertiary Institutions Matriculation Examinations (UTME) could score far below 50% in the preadmission

screening as the recent experience has shown, it clearly indicates that “JAMB is not enough”.

Prof. Ayorinde added that while the questions asked were to test the general aptitude of the candidates

and determine their suitability for university education, rather than their competence in specific subject

areas, the 41.74% failure recorded is a wake-up call that better measurements need be developed to test

the academic competence of students.

On what parents and candidates should expect after the screening, Prof. Ayorinde said that a phase in the

admission process had just been completed while other phases would immediately follow.

“What we have done is a phase. The next phase is to generate a list. Then, Senate will take a decision on

the cut-off mark. Afterwards, the Admissions Committee will set to work and successful candidates will

be admitted,” he said.

Asked what it takes to be admitted into the “number one Nigerian university”, Prof. Ayorinde said

admission depends on the number of students that applied for a particular course, the nature of the course

applied for and the weighted average score of each candidate.

Explaining, he said courses have carrying capacities and there is

no way having 50% or above can automatically guarantee

anyone admission if one’s weighted average score is low.

Using the experience of last year as a case study, Prof. Ayorinde

said except that a candidate scored 70% and above, he would

not be considered for competitive courses like Medicine,

Accounting and Finance, among others.

He added that to get the weighted average, the University will

compute the candidates’ performance at O’ level, UTME and

pre-admission screening and ultimately arrive at a figure that will constitute the mark of the candidates

In his reaction to the reported case of two students of the University arrested for extorting money from the

pre-admission screening candidates, Prof. Ayorinde said that the society should join hands with the

University in fighting such vices. He blamed the desperation of the candidates and the gullibility of some

parents who fall victim to such bad elements and fraudsters in the society.

pre-admission screening and ultimately arrive at a figure that

will constitute the mark of the candidates.

He noted that the University maintains high ethical integrity and there is no way any unscrupulous and

corrupt behaviour will not be detected and its perpetrators duly penalised as the case of the apprehended

students had shown.

Also speaking on the exercise, the Team Leader of the Lagos Centre and Chairman of the Library and

Publications Committee, Prof. Yasir A. Quadri, described the exercise all-together as highly successful.

On why the results were not released immediately after each screening exercise despite the capacity of the

University to do so, Prof. Quadri clarified that the results were released in the evening on each day because

the University wanted to avoid drama.

He said if results were released while students were still at the Centre, the reactions of jubilation on one

hand and lamentation on the other would cause unnecessary drama and distract the test takers and

administrators. What the University did, he explained, was to release the results immediately after the last

batch ended its test each day.

Meanwhile, the successful applicants will be notified accordingly in the next few weeks and the fresh

students will resume on Monday September 27, 2010 for the 2010/2011 academic session.
[/size][/size]
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Claroo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
@MAC.am a present law student@unilorin.I like ur spirit and hopefully u will be my learning come sept 2010.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Claroo(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2010
@MAC.am a present law student@unilorin.I like ur spirit and hopefully u will be my learning colleague come sept 2010.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 1:10am On Aug 31, 2010
@claroo,wat a pleasure knowin dat i'm board wit a fellow law student of d university of ilorin cool , i'm lookin forward to becomin a fellow learned colleague of yours in same faculty, cool atleast wit dat i can start a solid law career, tanks once again,cant wait to sue arses to court for d slightes provocation grin , afterall trouble is our speacialty grin, nobody handles it better, lol, grin
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Idboyostic(m): 2:34am On Aug 31, 2010
ayawori:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Well i just downloaded d bulletin, it says the 73,392 candidates that applied to the University of Ilorin, either as first, second or most

preferred choice institution, for the 2010/2011 admission exercise, some 27,847 among them

ultimately sat for the pre-registration screening exercise.

In the screening exercise that lasted between Monday August 16 and Monday August 23, 2010 at Ilorin,

Lagos and Minna centres, 58.26% of the candidates scored 50% and above, Unilorin Bulletin can reveal.

Some 11,622 candidates, however, scored lower than 50% in the exercise.

Speaking last Thursday (August 26, 2010) with Unilorin Bulletin, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
(Academic) Prof. Kolade L. Ayorinde, who chaired the committee that carried out the assignment,

reiterated that the outcome of the exercise justifies that the pre-admission screening, called post-JAMB, is

a necessity that must be sustained to maintain standard.

According to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, if candidates that scored 280 (out of 400) or more in the

Unified Tertiary Institutions Matriculation Examinations (UTME) could score far below 50% in the preadmission

screening as the recent experience has shown, it clearly indicates that “JAMB is not enough”.

Prof. Ayorinde added that while the questions asked were to test the general aptitude of the candidates

and determine their suitability for university education, rather than their competence in specific subject

areas, the 41.74% failure recorded is a wake-up call that better measurements need be developed to test

the academic competence of students.

On what parents and candidates should expect after the screening, Prof. Ayorinde said that a phase in the

admission process had just been completed while other phases would immediately follow.

“What we have done is a phase. The next phase is to generate a list. Then, Senate will take a decision on

the cut-off mark. Afterwards, the Admissions Committee will set to work and successful candidates will

be admitted,” he said.

Asked what it takes to be admitted into the “number one Nigerian university”, Prof. Ayorinde said

admission depends on the number of students that applied for a particular course, the nature of the course

applied for and the weighted average score of each candidate.

pre-admission screening and ultimately arrive at a figure that will constitute the mark of the candidates

In his reaction to the reported case of two students of the University arrested for extorting money from the

pre-admission screening candidates, Prof. Ayorinde said that the society should join hands with the

University in fighting such vices. He blamed the desperation of the candidates and the gullibility of some

parents who fall victim to such bad elements and fraudsters in the society.

pre-admission screening and ultimately arrive at a figure that

will constitute the mark of the candidates.

He noted that the University maintains high ethical integrity and there is no way any unscrupulous and

corrupt behaviour will not be detected and its perpetrators duly penalised as the case of the apprehended

students had shown.

Also speaking on the exercise, the Team Leader of the Lagos Centre and Chairman of the Library and

Publications Committee, Prof. Yasir A. Quadri, described the exercise all-together as highly successful.

On why the results were not released immediately after each screening exercise despite the capacity of the

University to do so, Prof. Quadri clarified that the results were released in the evening on each day because

the University wanted to avoid drama.

He said if results were released while students were still at the Centre, the reactions of jubilation on one

hand and lamentation on the other would cause unnecessary drama and distract the test takers and

administrators. What the University did, he explained, was to release the results immediately after the last

batch ended its test each day.

Meanwhile, the successful applicants will be notified accordingly in the next few weeks and the fresh

students will resume on Monday September 27, 2010 for the 2010/2011 academic session.
[/size][/size]
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
@ all I fink u guyz shud read dis n see w@ u can deduce 4rm d line d@ says 'Ask w@ it takes 2 gain admisn in d no 1 university in Nigeria', xpecialy dis d@ ave 2 deal wit 'weighted average scores'. I fink he is talkin about 30:30:40 percent tin BIG bug BEN mentioned in d previous page. wel I stil beliv d@ our name shal not be found wantn in any of d phase of d admisn includn d main list, Insha Allah, AMIN
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Idboyostic(m): 2:38am On Aug 31, 2010
Idboyostic:

@ all I fink u guyz shud read dis n see w@ u can deduce startn 4rm d line d@ says 'Ask w@ it takes 2 gain admisn in d no 1 university in Nigeria' downwards; xpecialy dis d@ ave 2 deal wit 'weighted average scores'. I fink he is talkin about 30:30:40 percent tin BIG bug BEN mentioned in d previous page. wel I stil beliv d@ our name shal not be found wantn in any of d phase of d admisn includn d main list, Insha Allah, AMIN
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Henry9000: 8:19am On Aug 31, 2010
Travel abroad with full scholarship instead of spending your money
http://scholarships.targetedtweets.com/
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2010
@all, i'm very much concerned bout wen d list wud be comin out, any other comin up is doin nothing good but to heighten my anxiety.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Cmeo(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2010
Mac4u2nv:

@all,    i'm very much concerned bout wen d list  wud be comin out, any other  comin up is doin nothing good but to heighten my anxiety.

Dont expect any news until after Ramandan.  Most of the stakeholder of University (those who made up the Senate of the school) are probably presently in Saudi Arabia for Humurah. So dont expect anything till after the week they end Ramandan. Take it or leave it.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by gbolexan(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2010
PLz can somebody tell me how to calculate the BIG BUG BEN calculation? i will highly appreciate quick response. Thanks
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by BLACKSNIP(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2010
Big_ben>>>> UNILORIN ADMISSION GISTs:
> Abt 70% Space on d Admission First List is scheduled 4 Candidates on Merit Basis. Therefore you hav to calculate your MERIT POINTS based on your JAMB SCORE, O'LEVEL RESULT & POST-UTME RESULT 2 determine if u are qualified 2 be on MERIT FIRST LIST or not.
The Calculation goes thus= 30% 4 Jamb Score, 30% 4 O'level & 40% 4 Post-Jamb.
> JAMB %- jamb score divide by 400 multiply by 30. e.g (255/400) * 30 = 19.13POINTS,
> O'level %- grade point for your 5 best relevant subject divide by total obtainable point which is 25points multiply by 30. E.g. (15/25) * 30 = 18POINTS. Note: C6, C5, C4= 3points, B3, B2= 4points & A1= 5points.
> Post-UTME %= your post-utme score divide by 100 multiply by 40. e.g (70/100) * 40 = 28POINTS.
Sum up all d 3 Results rounded up to 2 significant fig. i.e. 19.13 + 18 + 28 = 65.13%.
> Therefore d higher your point, the higher your chance of being admitted especially to a highly competitive department. 60% & above are qualified to be on MERIT List.
Gists ar frm a reliable end.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by gbolexan(m): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2010
@ BLACKSNIP//// Thanks, i so grateful.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by taosola(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
BLACKSNIP:

Big_ben>>>> UNILORIN ADMISSION GISTs:
> Abt 70% Space on d Admission First List is scheduled 4 Candidates on Merit Basis. Therefore you hav to calculate your MERIT POINTS based on your JAMB SCORE, O'LEVEL RESULT & POST-UTME RESULT 2 determine if u are qualified 2 be on MERIT FIRST LIST or not.
The Calculation goes thus= 30% 4 Jamb Score, 30% 4 O'level & 40% 4 Post-Jamb.
> JAMB %- jamb score divide by 400 multiply by 30. e.g (255/400) * 30 = 19.13POINTS,
> O'level %- grade point for your 5 best relevant subject divide by total obtainable point which is 25points multiply by 30. E.g. (15/25) * 30 = 18POINTS. Note: C6, C5, C4= 3points, B3, B2= 4points & A1= 5points.
> Post-UTME %= your post-utme score divide by 100 multiply by 40. e.g (70/100) * 40 = 28POINTS.
Sum up all d 3 Results rounded up to 2 significant fig. i.e. 19.13 + 18 + 28 = 65.13%.
> Therefore d higher your point, the higher your chance of being admitted especially to a highly competitive department. 60% & above are qualified to be on MERIT List.
Gists ar frm a reliable end.

WHAT ABOUT THE DE STUDENTS?
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2010
*just passin tru d thread* notices taosola, *waves @ him,how far bro?why d long absence from NL?*
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by kayflakes: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2010
Hi guys, i wil need u 2 enlighting me more abt d remedial programme
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2010
Shortlisting is d 1st phase of admission process which as already been completed, d senate meeting to delebrate & fix d cut-off is d 2nd phase which started yesterday & is expected to b completed today, n d sitting of d admission committee to generate an admission list is d 3rd phase which may commence any time frm 2moro sept 1st. Gudluck.
Note: d MERIT POINT i was talking abt was d Weight Average Point mentioned in d DVC's speech.
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
@kay flakes, pls start readin dis thread from d beginnin, u wud find out dat all u need to know bout remedial has been said, pls lets save d pages of nairaland , lol, pls dont b offended,
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
@kay flakes, pls start readin dis thread from d beginnin, u wud find out dat all u need to know bout remedial has been said, pls lets save d pages of nairaland , lol, pls dont b offended,
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
MAC: ur anxiousness towards admission doesn't quicken or hasten anytin, u had beta take it easy. d admission wil surely be out someday & very soon: probably on d 3rd week of sept. i.e d week immidiately b4 resumption (SEPT. 27th)
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2010
@big bug ben, dont mind me jorr, its just natural, dats all, cant keep my fingers crossed, i'm always on d school's website every now and then, infact,i hav d whole site layout now in my head, lol, its not easy oooo
Re: Unilorin Admission 2010/2011 by Mac4u2nv(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2010
@big bug ben, dont mind me jorr, its just natural, dats all, cant keep my fingers crossed, i'm always on d school's website every now and then, infact,i hav d whole site layout now in my head, lol, its not easy oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (229) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions / List Of Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.