Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,762 members, 7,882,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:23 AM

Nokia 'First Chance' Show - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nokia 'First Chance' Show (10224 Views)

Fresh Video : Timaya Ft Sarkodie - One Chance (dance Video) / Are You A Tight Rapper? Here's A Chance To Get Known. / Justin Of Nokia First Chance Releases Single And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lakeside4love(m): 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2007
Just like West africa Idols, but this one is better,

More Organised n packaged,

Showin on STV every saturday night,

<<Catch NFC on STV Saturdays 9pm-10pm and Galaxy TV Sundays 7-8pm, Mondays on Unilag FM 11 am, Cool FM 6:30pm and Tuesdays on Rhythm FM 1:30pm.>>
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2007
yeah! and i think Yinka davies is rather rude and arrogant
she talk to the contestant badly, is she was so talented
she would be an international star
not a musician yet to release a solid album
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2007
I am very interested in Nokia First Chance because my girlfriend is one of the people participating. Unfortunately, they have taken away their phones and I am not able to be in touch with her. Furthermore, I live in Kenya were none of the Nigerian channels except M-Net are accessible and since I also could not find any website or other press articles on the show, I am pretty clueless of what's happening to and around my girlfriend.

Therefore, I am very interested in hearing more about what's going on in this show.
- Is there any other channel that airs Nokia First Chance in addition to Silverbird and Galaxy which both can not be viewed in East Africa?
- What has happened so far?
- Which of the contenders seem particularly strong, which appear rather weak?
- When will they actually start voting out people from the house?
- How professional does the whole thing appear (also in comparison to Idols West Africa)?
- Is there any official website for Nokia First Chance?

I would be extremely grateful if somebody could share his or her knowledge and observations on my questions.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 12:01am On Mar 21, 2007
better than west african idols. where are the successful musicians? they're needed as judges not the aspiring 1s like yinka.

u know; 9jas are rude. some of the contestants lack ettiquets. they coud even say "wodup dog 2 d judges".

there's 1 guy that sang the line - wahala ti poju. he's good
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2007
NOKIA FIRST CHANCE is the BOMB!!!!!!!!! From the delectable presenter to the dynamic judges, let's not talk about the highly talented contestants, it rock! this is truly FUBUx10, done by Nigerians in the diaspora who have been instrumental in the success of people like Beyonce, Cassie, Amerie, Craig David, David Beckham etc. The guys have connections that will make a bald man hairy and they have their ish together. They brought in Interntational Urban fashion Designer Wale Adeyemi to style the contestants, by the way, Wale Adeyemi is the reason why David Beckham is considered a style icon.

Who says we haven't got talent in Nigeria? Let me break it down for you:

Segun Giwa: Exec Prod he's been responsible for most of the shows in Nigeria like Pepsi challenge, Naughty by Nature, Coja concert with Eve, Nunu Milk, DFID's the academy etc

Jazz Black: Record label Exec Da Works records who is home to Fundamentals '03(my UK peeps, holler at me!), his video production management company recently did a video for Beyonce, Cassie's Me & U, Destiny's Child Soldier the list goes on and on

Yinka Davies: She needs no introduction, she's got pipes and can blow
I think I saw the name of one of the KUSH ladies (Emem or so) as Assoc Producer or something,

This is big guys and deserves our support,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 8:48pm On Mar 22, 2007
If you missed the first episode of Nokia First chance, you may be excused, but missing the second episode is unforgivable! I mean the billboards and radio promos are everywhere.

In the second episode, the contestants were narrowed to the last 50 a bumper packed show with a potpourri of talent and the lack thereof was exhibited as all the contestants struggled like lobsters in a boiling pot of water to survive, we all know only the strong survive.

We watched as Joy who lost her voice still managed a falsetto that blew Yinka Davies away and shattered our louvers and Justine not wanting to be outdone, tried to deafen poor Jazz with hers. Christine had a make over as in Episode 1 we saw Jazz advising her to dress more her age than a granny and she listened! Don Chi-Chi gave us the sequel to his Diana story and Fadina gave us jazzed up spoken word in Yoruba…talent ti po ju (go figure). In the world of Style, Enjel came with his personal couture tip and Miss Akintola, introducing the ‘no shoes’ concept she hopes it will catch on once she becomes famous. Well, it didn’t work for Sinead O’Connor but since they say fads recur, we’ll wait it out without holding our breath.

There was a series of déjà vu and remixes by contestants who did not understand that they were actually getting a second chance on first chance, excuse the pun. The highlights goodwill message from UK boy group and award winning, Fundamental 03 and getting to know the judges (Yinka Davies and Ifeoma Williams, if you ever wondered why she’s one of the judges, all doubts cleared; style is important if you’re going to be an international star let alone Nigeria’s newest international star).

Things to look out for are goodwill messages from Nigerian born UK superstar Lemar, Wale Adeyemi, perhaps Lionel Richie and many more. One thing’s certain, Nokia First Chance is a must watch with everything you desire in entertainment including eye candy Isis. Catch NFC on STV Saturdays 9pm-10pm and Galaxy TV Sundays 7-8pm, Mondays on Unilag FM 11 am, Cool FM 6:30pm and Tuesdays on Rhythm FM 1:30pm.

COMING SOON ON NTA NETWORK,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2007
If you missed the first episode of Nokia First chance, you may be excused, but missing the second episode is unforgivable! I mean the billboards and radio promos are everywhere.

In the second episode, the contestants were narrowed to the last 50 a bumper packed show with a potpourri of talent and the lack thereof was exhibited as all the contestants struggled like lobsters in a boiling pot of water to survive, we all know only the strong survive.

We watched as Joy who lost her voice still managed a falsetto that blew Yinka Davies away and shattered our louvers and Justine not wanting to be outdone, tried to deafen poor Jazz with hers. Christine had a make over as in Episode 1 we saw Jazz advising her to dress more her age than a granny and she listened! Don Chi-Chi gave us the sequel to his Diana story and Fadina gave us jazzed up spoken word in Yoruba…talent ti po ju (go figure). In the world of Style, Enjel came with his personal couture tip and Miss Akintola, introducing the ‘no shoes’ concept she hopes it will catch on once she becomes famous. Well, it didn’t work for Sinead O’Connor but since they say fads recur, we’ll wait it out without holding our breath.

There was a series of déjà vu and remixes by contestants who did not understand that they were actually getting a second chance on first chance, excuse the pun. The highlights goodwill message from UK boy group and award winning, Fundamental 03 and getting to know the judges (Yinka Davies and Ifeoma Williams, if you ever wondered why she’s one of the judges, all doubts cleared; style is important if you’re going to be an international star let alone Nigeria’s newest international star).

Things to look out for are goodwill messages from Nigerian born UK superstar Lemar, Wale Adeyemi, perhaps Lionel Richie and many more. One thing’s certain, Nokia First Chance is a must watch with everything you desire in entertainment including eye candy Isis. Catch NFC on STV Saturdays 9pm-10pm and Galaxy TV Sundays 7-8pm, Mondays on Unilag FM 11 am, Cool FM 6:30pm and Tuesdays on Rhythm FM 1:30pm.

COMING SOON ON NTA NETWORK,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Seun(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2007
Why are the viewing times of this show so fragmented?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2007
What you can't differentiate the times? Let me help you:

the Broadcast times for NOKIA First Chance are:

TV
NTA NETWORK Saturdays 8pm
STV 9-10 pm Saturdays
Galaxy 7-8pm Sundays
NTA Port Harcourt and NTA Plus Mondays

RADIO
Rhythm 1:30-2pm Tuesdays
Cool FM and UNILAG FM 5:30-6:30pm Mondays
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by skipo87(m): 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2007
i think the show is bleeped and not original. pls pardon me for saying so
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2007
Why do you say so?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2007
I'm amazed at the level of some people's intellect, where people think the ability to speak English is a criterion for intelligence however, you can't just spew rubbish and not have any FACT to back it up,

What is you definition of originality in a reality TV show Sir, face it it's not just about finding who can sing, it's about motive, inspiration. If you can't handle the uniqueness and intelligence at play in this show, then it's not for you, try Sesame street, no I take it back, that might be a tard too complex for you.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Seun(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2007
That's just a perception you guys need to overcome: people feel it's just like West African Idol, only more boring.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by trendy(f): 10:09am On Mar 24, 2007
Yinka really sucks, she is lucky am not one of the contestants, i would have showed her what it feels like to be insulted.

if she was really good, her music would have taken her to hollywood angry
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 10:25am On Mar 24, 2007
I'm almost tempted to react but I will respond, accordingly, my question is, why are Nigerians so quick to embrace anything, sorry everything that is 'not-Nigerian' just because?

You have a show that encourages contestants to sing in any Nigerian language and be themselves, without trying to downplay the individual but affords the talent an opportunity and makes room for improvement. Watch the show and you will notice that with every category the contestants get better. They are given tasks which will enhance and expand their reach as singers/ rappers/ performers. There is progress being made, so when people speak without an inkling of what they are talking about, it gives me concern.

Quit cheap talk, I am proud that Nigerians are giving people a run for their money, this show is here to say, hate it or love it!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Seun(m): 10:52am On Mar 24, 2007
NFC, what part of "that's just a perception you guys need to overcome" don't you understand?
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Mustay(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2007
trendy:

Yinka really sucks, she is lucky am not one of the contestants, i would have showed her what it feels like to be insulted.

if she was really good, her music would have taken her to hollywood angry
yeah baby. she dey vex me sef. wetin shew don achieve for her career wey she dey 'be'. d other l;ady keeps on laughing
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by myro(m): 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2007
First of all, I agree Yinka sucks. I used to like her a lot cause I sorta knew her as a kid but seeing her on this show has caused me to lose all respect for her. She is still beautiful but man! she is too too fake. One show she is shutting everyone down and speaking too much yoruba the next show she is over-feeling all the crap that is being shoved in our faces. I get that they should be encouraging but it's not even a fine line between encouragement and blatant deception yet she (and sometimes everyone else in the audience) manages to cross it over and over again.

NFC, you say we should support them because they are doing nigerian stuff. That is all well and good but come on, are you telling me that bunch of talentless hacks is the best nigeria has to offer? I have to disagree. If the producers werent out to make a quick buck from the txt messaging revenue they would have taken the time to put on a good show. Left to me, I just think they are following the line of star search and other annoying so-called talent shows and taking advantage of the fact that west african idols is only on DSTV.

And nigerians dont accept things because they are non-nigerian, they accept them because they are pleasing to the basic senses. It is a shame that too many nigerian productions do not fall under that category but the ones that do are definately appreciated. I need not mention the mega-music-stars that were made here in Nigeria.

Personally, I think the show is crap unless its aim is to aggrevate viewers in which case it is doing an excellent job. The many minutes of ear drum scratching, off key, off beat, off everything singing are punctuated with nearly pleasant and barely passable moments and I dont think that should pass as a show.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by skipo87(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2007
i was wrong, i the show aint that bad after all. i took time to watch it yesterday night. but i stil maintain that the show ain't original. it is obvious that the idea came 4rm westafrcian idols. :@
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Seun(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2007
A well-executed clone of West African Idol is much better than a boring musical show that happens to be "original". If I want to copy a reality tv show, West African Idol will be it! So, I think this show will be successful. wink
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by NFC: 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2007
The most important thing is, is enjoying the show; whatever you want to compare it to or with is totally up to you, if that's how you can handle it.

For me, I'm loving it especially, saturday's episode and I happen to have seen some of the contestants yesterday at the mall singing, they were fab. I keep enjoying the show more and more,
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2007
I sent this email out a couple of days ago, but nobody responded - therefore, I am sending it again hoping that this time somebody takes a moment to share his or her thoughts.

I am very interested in Nokia First Chance because my girlfriend is one of the people participating. Unfortunately, I live in Kenya were none of the Nigerian channels are accessible and since I also could not find any website or other press articles on the show, I am pretty clueless of what's happening to and around my girlfriend.

Therefore, I am very interested in finding out more about what's going on in this show and have the following specific questions:
- Is there any official website for Nokia First Chance?
- Are the viewers already voting for the contestants?
- If not, what is happening right now and when will the voting start?
- How long will the competition go? When will the winner be chosen (before moving into the house, my girlfriend said that it would last 5 months, but that seemed quite vague)?
- Which of the contenders are your favourites? and why?

I would be extremely grateful if you could share his or her thoughts on my questions. Thanks!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Seun(m): 9:03pm On Mar 26, 2007
Your girlfriend should be able to tell you all these things, as she's now an insider. She's not keeping in touch? sad
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2007
Thanks for your quick response.

I haven't been in touch with my girlfriend since she moved into the house four weeks ago and her family hasn't heard from her either. The organizers took away her mobile phone (I presume that they took away the phones of all contestants). It seems quite weird to me to deprive these young guys and girls from any contact to the outside world during the competition - but it seems that this is actually what is happening.

So, I don't have any insider information, and, given that I live in Kenya, no information at all about what is going on around her. Therefore, again, I am very grateful if you or anyone else would take the time to address my questions.

Thanks!
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by lagoslag: 2:38am On Mar 27, 2007
Guess Yinka is just trying to be another simon cowell on american idol. without such drama that she's bringing, guess the show will just be as boring as west african idol.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by pisces20: 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2007
Nokia first chance - nice grin
Yinka Davies - not nice sad
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by pisces20: 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2007
Nokia first choice - nice smiley
Yinka Davies - not nice sad
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by dongee(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2007
to correct some anomalies NFC started before west african idol. well its good to speak one mind but also to know the limits. Yinka was only comical, if anyone with a sense of humour will understand her i mean lets give it to the judges they tried. so i am not bothered about what people say i was at the reveal ceremony and i am telling u categoriclly speaking the 12 final contestants were breath taking including Jazz man's granny infact she was the most beautiful of them all. now back to business the transformation that took place is comendable i really enjoyed all the songs rendered by the contestants. but the most complicated was the song done by sylvia. contestant 52. its was a song sang by beyounce. i must tell u that song was techincal. i could not believe it when she finished i am sure beyounce will have to be very careful because she has found her match in sylvia. also justina's song was very well done i give it to all of the and also to the organisers of Nokia First Chance.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2007
Hello everyone, really interesting dialogue you have been having. Well, first of all Florian, what's your girlfriend's name and i will give you updates on how she is doing and do you happen to have DSTV where you are though i am not sure you will have the bouquet with our local channels. If you do though then you should be able to watch it on Saturdays at 8pm on NTA and with regards to getting in touch with her, you can contact her family IF you are in touch with them (I'm sure they have heard from her).

Secondly, for those of you who think that the show is crap i personally think that you have not watched more than one episode of it and if you have, then that just simply means entertainment is NOT for you so quit watching such shows. grin

Thirdly, I think the show is pretty good and this is the Ist season so there's still room for a lot of improvement which i expect in the subsequent seasons.

Fourthly, congratulations to the top 12 and the whole First Chance crew. Hope your show is successful. All the best.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by Florian: 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2007
The name of my girlfriend is Justina.

I am in touch with her family but even they haven't heard from Justina (at least, up to last week), and the connection from Kenya to Nigerian cellphones is so bad that a meaningful conversation is nearly impossible anyway.

Finally, I have been in touch with the local Kenyan DSTV provider and they don't offer Silverbird TV (it would be possible to watch West African Idols but not First Chance).

Would really appreciate if you could share with me some thoughts on how the show is going and how Justina is doing.
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by evasofrank: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2007
Well, that's good to know! Justina apparently is in the top 12. They had a show on Tuesday and a friend of mine was there. Justina is one of the better singers. The top 12 show starts in 2 Saturdays and hopefully you will be able to watch it on NTA. You can clarify from DSTV over there if they get transmission for that channel.

The show is going well and it's really funny. Let's hope that it continues to be interesting.  grin This is as much as i can tell you but as soon as they start showing it then i will have enough information for you. Have a nice day
Re: Nokia 'First Chance' Show by justme3(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2007
i don't think yinka is too hard on them,some of those contenstants are just irritating.Overall its a pretty nice show.thumbs up 2 them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold - Work (official Video) / What Happened To 50 Cent?! / UNAVAILABLE - Davido Ft. Musa Keys (Official Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.