Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,348 members, 7,947,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? (7298 Views)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / Job Satisfaction Or The Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 21, 2010
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by agabaI23(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2010
chaircover:

Brother there is a difference between dependent siblings and dependent wife and children. Your siblings can get money elsewhere but its not quite the same when a wife and children are involved.

I think there is time for job satisfaction in ones life but all long & short term effects of this in all other areas have to be very carefully thought out.

What seems like a very happy relationship now will start to be strained once bills are not being paid & purse strings tightend.

We are all human and even though wifey thinks it is not an issue now, when reality comes knocking soft voices will soon become loud shouting.

What is the point of job satisfaction when the home front is strained?
We are not talking about 20 or 30K here which may not be too noticable. We are talking a whopping 160K difference a month which also equates to just under 2 Miliion a year!

That's exactly my thought lady. She will be saying she can cope, but all that na mouth. If one has never tasted poverty she will never know her reaction when faced with a limiting situation.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Kx: 5:30pm On May 21, 2010
@chaircover,
u made a valid point sha afterall money answereth all things.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Devonian(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2010
If I were you, I'll stick to my current job, ask wife to relocate to Lagos after completing her course, and within Lagos relocate to somewhere more closer either to workplace or access routes to workplace, cutting off a sizeable/considerable amount of time spent in the traffic. Above all, put your wife into the whole picture: let her be a part and parcel of the entire decision.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by cheyi(m): 5:38pm On May 23, 2010
my brother,it will be foolish of u to leave ur present job and go settle down with 90k per month and be a local champion.dont u think with time,ur salary frm 250k can still be reviewed upwards and you can have a better savings,bring ur family down to lagos,get a good school and better education for ur children.also,ur wife after school can come down to lagos,serve,and start working.forget it,u dont want to hear what some graduates are getting and still maintain themselves,live well here in ;lagos .imagine a graduate managing her family with 100k per month.besides,save some money and invest so dt u can be makin some additional money on daily basis.grow up guy,be an internatinal champion than a local chamion.use ur head.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by nekkyo(f): 1:49pm On May 24, 2010
Honestly i must say this a tight corner. but we have to face the realities in the environment we find ourselves in. presently u are the bread winner of your family and will continue to be for some years ahead until your student wife becomes economically empowered, a husband and a father of a young toddler and both need your presence and attention. i understand your kind of person that dislikes stress but u have to hold on more because is part of the sacrifice for the marriage. 1) think of relocating your wife to Lagos (prospect of getting a job for her is higher ) when she is done with schooling. 2) start searching for another job in a media house in Lag and possibly getting accommodation close to your work place. 3) you should also see if you can find a job in Abuja and relocate (the town is less stressfull than Lagos and good prospects too). but in all work towards being together with your family is very important whether the marriage is old or young. In Nigeria for now, Job satisfaction is still a Luxury. 90k cannot do much for you and your family, you should be aiming higher than 250k by being at the right place at the right time and developing yourself. my opinion shaa
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Chybyke07(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2010
I must say you are between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Not many people are able to experience the joy of having Job Satisfaction coupled with Good Remuneration.

I suggest you open a separate account and issue a debit advice to your bank to transfer 150K from your salary account which is approximately the difference bw your current and expected future salary. Try to survive on 100K a month for at least three months. This will give you an idea of what to expect on a salary of 90K monthly.
You will kill two or more birds with one stone: You will make some savings and also have an idea of what to expect on the subsidized salary.

Like I said earlier you are between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Staying together with your family is very important but also is being able to take care of your family.

Pray for wisdom.
Also discuss with your wife. Both of you are supposed to be a team, right ?
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by hackney(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2010
Get ya money bro.
ching-ching! ! !
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Afroprince(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2010
Was shocked to hear that my case was discussed on a radio station in PH (Wazobia FM),exactly the way it was typed here (lol), I am sure the presenter is a member of this forum, my cousin just called me to tell me about it, may the person responsible hola here please, i wanna know the opinion people offered, this is getting interesting. Thanks to everyone that made a comment here, appreciate y'all.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by agabaI23(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2010
Hmm that's interesting.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by knotty(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2010
na today?

all those radio presenters frequent NL to pick discussion topics lots of the time.

there are more GUESTS here than registered members, way too many.

i have heard several topics discussed here on radio.

NL is da dynamite!
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 26, 2010
@poster,
From the sound of your post, it shows you've not really made enough money that can sustain you if you relocate to Enugu. I will advice you to still stay in lagos and and save alot. When you have enough money to start a business in any where peaceful but less attractive like Enugu, you can now go for job satisfaction- radio presenting along side your own business as an alternative source of income. Besides, you still have a young family that means you need a lot of money to always be there at all time financially. Think of these bro, its going to help you.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Akosbaba(m): 12:03am On May 28, 2010
U know what they say about a bird at hand,y don't u try getting some joy from ur 250k job so u don't live 2 regret it,a word is enough 4 d wise
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by cecegorz(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2010
My own analysis of your situation is thus:

Positives;
1. Lovely family
2. 250k/mth

Negatives;
1. Living far from office
2. Waking up too early
3. no job satisfaction
4. you hate lagos bc of 1 and 2
5. living far from family

From the data above, i think the only negative tough point is the job satisfaction which you, and only you can actually define for yourself as it is relative. The rest is simple.

To resolve the remaining 1,2,4 and 5;

With 250k/month, you can get a place that is closer to your office, its this idea of getting cheap accommodation at the outskirts of Lagos that keeps people in perpetual bondage of spending half of their days on the road transmuting to and from work. Especially people like you that can afford a decent accommodation within the metropolis.

I personally wake up around 6.30am, have some little fun with my wife n daughter b4 driving just about 30mins to the office. it makes life easier, after all what else is the money meant for?

By the time you tidy the accommodation side, you'll begin to love Lagos again and within a little while your wifey (remember they will be coming over during holidays) will finish up school  and the family reunion is perfected in Lagos. then you can live happily ever, after.   grin  grin  grin  grin  grin

What do u think folks  

Afters; My cousin actaully did that, and the wife went right from 1st year to final year Law in Enugu, now they are back together with their two strong boyz!
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Afroprince(m): 4:11pm On May 28, 2010
@ Cecegorz thanks for your contribution, i said i live in Surulere, maybe you did not hear that before! Going to work aint much of the problem, you have to wake up early & have ya bath etc, the main wahala is coming back, I work in Lekki, the traffic from Lekki alone to VI no be joke, ask anyone that works in Lekki!
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by cecegorz(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2010
Afroprince:

@ Cecegorz thanks for your contribution, i said i live in Surulere, maybe you did not hear that before! Going to work aint much of the problem, you have to wake up early & have ya bath etc, the main wahala is coming back, I work in Lekki, the traffic from Lekki alone to VI no be joke, ask anyone that works in Lekki!

I understand you bro, but you can agree with me too that there are still houses/flats 'to let' in the Lekki/Ajah axis that u can afford.

A friend with Zain actually had to make the same move 'cos he too was living in Surulere then and the stress was becoming unbearable.

please don't go for the ones they demand pay in dollars ooo grin grin  grin  grin  I think its high time they start charging some people for treason o, or is it economic sabotage, imagine! paying for house rents in usd while in Naija!  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by zap2(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2010
@poster-- Try arrange ur self guy. "Man must wack!" Someone said; "A man must live where his meat is earned"
Simple english= live where u earn ur money!
With ur income, u shud try to get an apartment on any of the lekki axis or environs. Behind d place up, plan to bring ur family over. But since u dont love ur job, i no com sabi dat area.
As for me, earn money first, follow my passion later/ do it part-time
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Afroprince(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2010
I thought it will be nice to let you all know that i have finally secured a job in the East, precisely Owerri. Nice offer slightly higher than what i get here in Lagos with a good welfare package, a car, a house, a black berry + kids fees being taken care of. Thanks to everyone that stood by me in my time of confusion, i can finally catch up with my family every wkend with just a few hours drive, Praise JEHOVAH for me peeps!!!
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2010
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Ndipe(m): 12:42am On Jun 21, 2010
Thank God, He will surely open a way for His children, Amen.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by agabaI23(m): 1:43am On Jun 21, 2010
Afroprince:

I thought it will be nice to let you all know that i have finally secured a job in the East, precisely Owerri. Nice offer slightly higher than what i get here in Lagos with a good welfare package, a car, a house, a black berry + kids fees being taken care of. Thanks to everyone that stood by me in my time of confusion, i can finally catch up with my family every wkend with just a few hours drive, Praise JEHOVAH for me peeps!!!
Now that's good news, I am happy for you.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2010
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by Afroprince(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2010
Thanks my people, it came when i did not expect it, i feel like its happening in the movies!!! Jehovah knows when i have had it to the brim and he usually responds in a way words cannot explain, my prayer for you is that he answers u all your needs too! THANKS MATES.
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by stargrow(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Guy,

Let me tell you a few simple things.

I love you, I love na money kill am o. Ur wife is just missing you and you should rise above that.

You need cash and a pay cut is madness and especially at such margin. look before you leap.

Keep applying for jobs and one day  you will get a good job near home. If you can bring ur family to lagos, do so and you will do

better.cheers
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by oloritinu: 10:35am On Jun 25, 2010
bros, i believe you should go back to the east, be with your family and cut your coat to your size. that is irony of life ,c now you earn 250k /mth and no peace and joy but 90k/mth will give you peace and joy with your family. money is something you must have in life but it is not everything.enjoy your wife now that she still young, remember jobs and money willl be for ever till generations to come but lives cant be for ever.

wish you the best.

Shallom!!!
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by jaysay(m): 1:40am On Jun 28, 2010
by now am sure the poster knows what to do from the barrage of advice. he only needs to select the one that is closest to what he wants to do. o pari!

Part 2 please!
Re: I Am Confused - Job Satisfaction Or Renumeration? by jaysay(m): 1:48am On Jun 28, 2010
stargrow:

Guy,

Let me tell you a few simple things.

I love you, I love na money kill am o. your wife is just missing you and you should rise above that.

You need cash and a pay cut is madness and especially at such margin. look before you leap.

Keep applying for jobs and one day  you will get a good job near home. If you can bring your family to lagos, do so and you will do

better.cheers

CHURCH DON CLOSE, OYA MAKE WE GO HOUSE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Someone Impersonates You, Fakes & Works With Your Credentials ? / 1,500 Nigerians Lose Jobs In Julius Berger Abuja / BADDEST Lawyer, Ifunaya Reacts To NBA Suspension, Nude Photos, Smoking Of Weeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.