Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,788 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:49 PM

. - Politics (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (596263 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
aniomafirstson:

lol you are funny

ogboru cannot clinch the APC ticket so he is wasting his time. Even ojugbo has a higher chance than ogboru.Mind you ogboru is competing with 3 aniomas for the APC ticket.

And to your last question. I am not ohanaeze.

No problem, we shall see.
So, why is the event is Urhoboland?
Re: . by bestview: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shut up. What's spoken in Enugu urban is a mix of Onitsha/Awka Igbo dialect. No Enugu person dare speak their original tongue or else people will start avoiding the person.

Have you heard anyone speak Nike, Akaegbe, Ngwo or Awgwu in the public in Enugu before? They don't dare speak their dialect that sounds like incantation.

You people have been recolonized with a superior language and culture. Lol

On the issue of roads, Anambra has far more and better road networks than Enugu state can ever have even in the next 40yrs. Everyone here have seen the propaganda going on.

All they have to show is the same areas surrounding the govt house right from the beginning of this thread. Where's Obiagu, Asata, Ogui, Ugwuaji, Emene, Uwani, Coal camp, Achara layout, Idaw River, Garriki etc are those places filled with bad roads and slum not part of Enugu urban?

What about rural areas that constitute over 97% of Enugu state? Nothing to show too. Una dey deceive una selves. All the facts and stats has shown that Enugu state is the most backward state in the SE. You people are classless as much as you people lack education.

No one is deceived except that people decided to tone down on it here.

Read as usual but don't reply.

[s]
InyinyaAgbaOku:
There is nothing like an Anambra dialect. Plus, I am yet to see an Enugu indigene speak Awka(aside Ugwuoba , which isn't in the city), Idemili, or Nnewi dialects. These Anambra dialects aren't even similar. Most Enugu people have peculiar dialects depending on where you are from.
I have lived in Enugu city to know this. I still do. suppose you don't even live here.
A typical Enugu person doesn't say 'ife' and will call the vegetable, 'Oha', not 'Ora'. And will say, mmiri not mmili. Meanwhile, Anambra indigenes, esp other ones may say these.
This is just basic. You took his comment to mean an attack on your people.
Yes, constructing inner street roads is a sign of civilty and class, so, any government that does that has class. Asking who is classy in Enugu is counterproductive, as far as the serial governments made it a duty to build inner roads and plan the citiy as much as possible, they have class. Thanks
[/s]

1 Like

Re: . by bestview: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
LOL.. listen to John Nwodo, he dare not speak Nsukka or Enugu state dialect in the public. Listen and tell us which dialect he is speaking. Slaves. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyU9-2V0sgA

Listen from 3mins and hear the guy blowing "ife di ofele", "ife malu mma", and so on. Lol

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
bestview:
LOL.. listen to John Nwodo, he dare not speak Nsukka or Enugu state dialect in the public. Listen and tell us which dialect he is speaking. Slaves. cheesy

Listen from 3mins and hear the guy blowing "ife di ofele", "ife malu mma", and so on. Lol

Nwodo wife was from Abagana and he was obviously addressing Abagana people in the video, you don't expect him to use non Anambra dialect to address them, since he could speak Anambra central dialect, it's respectful that he used it to address his Abagana audience.

1 Like

Re: . by bestview: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hehehehe..pazienza oya listen again.

Listen he is addressing people in Enugu state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRUjqljnSg

He dare not speak Nsukka or other dialects of Ndi Enugu. Lol
Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Abagworo is here clashing Igbo heads while his afonjas are burning down Lagos as ambode is currently pinning jagabandit on the ground. Stay there make pant dey wear you grin grin angry grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
I was born and raised in Enugu, I grew up in the streets of Enugu Enugu south Urban. And I know for certain that the street lingo in Enugu Urban is a blend of plethora of Igbo dialects.

For example we say.

English: I don't know what you are saying
Idemili dialect (Anambra) : Amaro m ife i na ekwu
Enugu Urban : Amaghom iye i na ekwu

English : Go and take your bath
Idemili dialect : Jee wuo aru.
Enugu Urban : Ga saa ahu

English : I might just slap you
Idemili dialect : M mafu ama 'i ula
Enugu Urban : M ga ha ama gi ula

The difference is endless.

If you know Nsukka people, you would know that they are like Ezza/Izzi/Ikwo and Ohafia/Abiriba people. They like speaking their local dialects in public to each other, without minding any other Igbo person around them.

Enugu is the melting point of all Igbo speaking groups.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by odogwu125: 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Onicha is doing very well both in infrastructure and economy. The same Onicha houses and made thousands of Igbo billionaires...Onicha bu ala na azu nwa. No, we don't only have class , we created it , nurtured and regulates it. I can throw names of Ndi Anambra both old and modern from Zik, Ekwueme, Osita Chidoka and Kingsley Muoghalu who exude class but what have you. Anambra is multifaceted.
I
I am not here to insult Ndi Enugu but you need to be silenced. You can never tell a person is from Enugu until they say so because they speak Anambra dialects. Celestine Ukwu, Mike Ejeagha Paulson Kalu are examples of people who didn't live in Anambra but speaks Anambra dialect.

Anambra dialect is the dielect of the street and commerce. Imo dialect is used in official situations and for writing. This does not mean any of the other dialects are inferior, its just for convinience. But dialects and success of Anambra indigenes is not the point. You spoilt everything you inherited in onitsha but whenever we do well you claim it was inherited. No, you just lack class
Re: . by bestview: 4:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
Listen to your brother...lol

He dare not speak Enugu dialect. Lol

[[s]quote author=odogwu125 post=71663064]
Anambra dialect is the dielect of the street and commerce. Imo dialect is used in official situations and for writing. This does not mean any of the other dialects are inferior, its just for convinience. But dialects and success of Anambra indigenes is not the point. You spoilt everything you inherited in onitsha but whenever we do well you claim it was inherited. No, you just lack class[/quote][/s]

On the other it is Enugu state that destroyed everything they inherited because of their lack of education and class.

They destroyed Presidential hotel

They destroyed Nike lake

They destroyed airport

They destroyed Nike lake

They made the state useless and worthless

They made Enugu an ordinary salary earning state.

Odogwu123 face reality for once. Enugu state is very backward behind Anambra, Imo, Abia.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
bestview:
Hehehehe..pazienza oya listen again.

Listen he is addressing people in Enugu state.

He dare not speak Nsukka or other dialects of Ndi Enugu. Lol

Nothing still wrong with it.
He's speaking Igbo language.
It doesn't matter the dialect.

His grasp of Anambra dialect is superb. Me likey.
I can decipher that he grew up in Anambra area to be that good in Anambra dialect.

No one can learn to speak Anambra that well by just living in Enugu Urban.

What Nwodo speaks is not Enugu Urban. It's pure Anambra central senatorial District ( Idemili/Njikoka/Dunukofia/Anaocha/) dialectical cluster.
Very impressive.
Re: . by OMANBALA1: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

There is nothing like an Anambra dialect. Plus, I am yet to see an Enugu indigene speak Awka(aside Ugwuoba , which isn't in the city), Idemili, or Nnewi dialects. These Anambra dialects aren't even similar.
Most Enugu people have peculiar dialects depending on where you are from.
I have lived in Enugu city to know this. I still do.
I suppose you don't even live here.
A typical Enugu person doesn't say 'ife' and will call the vegetable, 'Oha', not 'Ora'. And will say, mmiri not mmili. Meanwhile, Anambra indigenes, esp other ones may say these.
This is just basic.

You took his comment to mean an attack on your people.
Yes, constructing inner street roads is a sign of civilty and class, so, any government that does that has class.
Asking who is classy in Enugu is counterproductive, as far as the serial governments made it a duty to build inner roads and plan the citiy as much as possible, they have class. Thanks

Dont be smart by half, what is spoken in Onicha , Idenmili and Ogbaru cosmopolitan is what we call Anambra dialect. Its a combination of of different Anambra dialects majorly from Onicha ,Idenmili,Ogbaru , Njikoka, Dunukofia and Omanbala river towns. As you go south there are changes but most vocabulary remain the same.

As for Enugu people, 99% of them speak Anambra dialect including Nwodo, Bianca,Nwobodo, Chime and even you but I dont expect you to admit it. Yes, 99% Enugu people say ife, welu, chelu, mmili and what have you. I have been amongst Enugu guys and every gaddem one speaks Anambra, again, including yourself....Stop lying for goodness sake. Anambra dialect is smooth and silky, it rolls out from the tongue easily. No need to deny whats undeniable. I have heard Nwodo speak, Nnamani speak , Nwobodo speak and they never said ashi m'(meaning I said in Enugu dialect) ,rather asi m' in Anambra dialect. Awka speak Anambra dialect with the "v" factor.

And to be frank, I dont know what the ramblings about inner city roads and class is all about. Who doesnt have inner city roads, you are maintaining an already existing road network that were done by previous administration and you call that class! I dont want to insult Enugu people because I respect them but you guys have been stagnant in development. You should keep a low profile because we have not seen anything transformational from you guys.

1 Like

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:

Nwodo wife was from Abagana and he was obviously addressing Abagana people in the video, you don't expect him to use non Anambra dialect to address them, since he could speak Anambra central dialect, it's respectful that he used it to address his Abagana audience.

Again, there is a northern Igbo central dialect (of Enugu, Upland Ebony, Anambra,
Anioma), as opposed to what people from Asia, IMO and upland Rivers will speak.
The latter is southern central Igbo dialect.

These are quite different from Igbo Izugbe
Re: . by odogwu125: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
bestview:

Lol. This is irrelevant. Anambra dialect us nore mutually intelligible so it can be used while addressing a larger igbo body. We see no big deal in this
Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2018
There is nothing like Anambra dialect.

What people call Anambra dialect is what is spoken in Idemili/Dunukofia/Njikoka/Oyi/Anaocha/cluster.

It's very sweet and light and not same as what is obtainable in places like Orumba/Parts of Aguata /Nnewi/Ayamelum and even Awka.

It's also the language spoken in Onitsha Urban.
Re: . by bestview: 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nwanne don't get it twisted.

The point we are making is that Anambra dialect has become the only dialects igbos from every want to speak in the public.

You dare not speak Nsukka or Ngwo or any other Enugu dialect in the public. Hehehehe

pazienza:

Nothing still wrong with it.
He's speaking Igbo language.
It doesn't matter the dialect.

His grasp of Anambra dialect is superb. Me likey.
I can decipher that he grew up in Anambra area to be that good in Anambra dialect.

No one can learn to speak Anambra that well by just living in Enugu Urban.

What Nwodo speaks is not Enugu Urban. It's pure Anambra central senatorial District ( Idemili/Njikoka/Dunukofia/Anaocha/) dialectical cluster.
Very impressive.
Re: . by bestview: 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shut up. It is very relevant. Today you speak English because of British. Now you can now speak clean clear easy flowing Anambra dialect. Slaves.. Hehehehe

odogwu125:

Lol. This is irrelevant. Anambra dialect us nore mutually intelligible so it can be used while addressing a larger igbo body. We see no big deal in this
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Dont be smart by half, what is spoken in Onicha , Idenmili and Ogbaru cosmopolitan is what we call Anambra dialect. Its a combination of of different Anambra dialects majorly from Onicha ,Idenmili,Ogbaru , Njikoka, Dunukofia and Omanbala river towns. As you go south there are changes but most vocabulary remain the same.

As for Enugu people, 99% of them speak Anambra dialect including Nwodo, Bianca,Nwobodo, Chime and even you but I dont expect you to admit it. Yes, 99% Enugu people say ife, welu, chelu, mmili and what have you. I have been amongst Enugu guys and every gaddem one speaks Anambra, again, including yourself....Stop lying for goodness sake. Anambra dialect is smooth and silky, it rolls out from the tongue easily. No need to deny whats undeniable. I have heard Nwodo speak, Nnamani speak , Nwobodo speak and they never said ashi m'(meaning I said in Enugu dialect) ,rather asi m' in Anambra dialect. Awka speak Anambra dialect with the "v" factor.

And to be frank, I dont know what the ramblings about inner city roads and class is all about. Who doesnt have inner city roads, you are maintaining an already existing road network that were done by previous administration and you call that class! I dont want to insult Enugu people because I respect them but you guys have been stagnant in development. You should keep a low profile because we have not seen anything transformational from you guys.

I repeat, what Enugu city dwellers of Enugu extraction speak is central Igbo. Not Anambra dialect. They also speak their dialects when they see those that understand them
I too have lived in Enugu to know this. I have also listened to the people you are talking about.
Don't confuse central Igbo with anything.
Central Igbo is a mixture, and asi is used instead of Ashi, mmiri is used in place of mmili, and oha is used in place of ora

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bestview: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
GBAMEST.

The thing dey pain the slaves. Hehehehe

OMANBALA1:

Re: . by odogwu125: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
bestview:

Igbo izugbe was derived from imo dialect. This is used in writing, but they don't make fuss about it. Anambra chestbeat about everything.

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
odogwu125:

Anambra dialect is the dielect of the street and commerce. Imo dialect is used in official situations and for writing. This does not mean any of the other dialects are inferior, its just for convinience. But dialects and success of Anambra indigenes is not the point. You spoilt everything you inherited in onitsha but whenever we do well you claim it was inherited. No, you just lack class

You sound like a broken record. Get ffucck outa here. Nothing new
Re: . by bestview: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
[s]
odogwu125:

Igbo izugbe was derived from imo dialect. This is used in writing, but they don't make fuss about it. Anambra chestbeat about everything.
[/s]

Shut up. It is very relevant. It means you people from Enugu state are Anambra slaves.

Chai.. Hehehehe

Re: . by bestview: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hehehehe

Listen to Onyeka Onwenu. Speaking Anambra dialect is like speaking American English. American English flow better than British English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lze-9vugnWU
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
Omambala, Enugu has good inner city roads in most places. The good thing is that even the middle and low class areas like Asata, Uwani, Agbani road have impeccable city plans with good roads and cleanliness.

And yes, the serial governments maintain them.
A city with such can never play low key.
Abakiliki is towing the same path

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:

pazienza. U better warn this guy because I can see he is going mad... What is wrong with you OMANBALA1. Must u debate everything? U ave given Chino another opportunity to turn this group upside down.what is it with this ur ego.... U better mind urself. Anambra this anambra that... Stop all this nonsense. Stop helping Chino to derail our thread.. Wetin concern you which dialect they are speaking... You better mind urself...

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
As for Enugu people, 99% of them speak Anambra dialect including Nwodo, Bianca,Nwobodo, Chime and even you but I dont expect you to admit it. Yes, 99% Enugu people say ife, welu, chelu, mmili and what have you. I have been amongst Enugu guys and every gaddem one speaks Anambra, again, including yourself....Stop lying for goodness sake

Nwanne, this is not entirely true.

An average person born and brought up in Enugu metropolis Urban uses "iye " for thing, and not "ife".

The "iye" is so ingrained in me that I have been struggling to eliminate it.
"chelu" is normal Enugu dialect nah. But it's not spoken like its spoken in Idemili. The "e" in Chelu is spoken like "ae" in aeroplane, instead of like "a" in airplane, as obtainable in Anambra dialects.
Enugu Urban says "Woolu" for take, and not "Welu".
Re: . by odogwu125: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:

And to be frank, I dont know what the ramblings about inner city roads and class is all about. Who doesnt have inner city roads, you are maintaining an already existing road network that were done by previous administration and you call that class! I dont want to insult Enugu people because I r
espect them but you guys have been stagnant in development.
You should keep a low profile because we have not seen anything transformational from you guys.
Anambra has no classy inner city roads. We got class. Onitsha roads are still carrying over 30 year old asphalt while obiano wasted all Anambra money on mgbidi jericho just to have something to chestbeat about. Please spare us the dialect crap and face the topic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nobody have conversation in that stupidd Igbo Izugbe manufactured from Imo and Abia Igbo. The Only time its used is during Igbo news segment, no more. Anambra people have rejected it by conducting other programs in Anambra Igbo on ABS and with time Ndi Anambra will create our own Igbo using Onicha -Idenmili axis Igbo. Enough with that crappy Imo /Abia Igbo.

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
odogwu125:

Anambra has no classy inner city roads. We got class. Onitsha roads are still carrying over 30 year old asphalt while obiano wasted all Anambra money on mgbidi jericho just to have something to chestbeat about. Please spare us the dialect crap and face the topic

Next!
Re: . by bestview: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shut up Enugu is a backward town that people kept quiet is not because they don't know the truth. There's nothing like inner streets in Enugu. It is non existent. Let it pain but i must here to say it again and again.

Showing us areas that constitute 2% of the entire town doesn't cut it. Show us these areas that constitute 98% of Enugu urban.

All they have to show is the same areas surrounding the govt house right from the beginning of this thread. Where's Obiagu, Asata, Ogui, Ugwuaji, Emene, Uwani, Coal camp, Achara layout, Idaw River, Garriki etc are those places filled with bad roads and slum not part of Enugu urban?

[s]
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Omambala, Enugu has good inner city roads in most places. The good thing is that even the middle and low class areas like Asata, Uwani, Agbani road have impeccable city plans with good roads and cleanlinessAnd yes, the serial governments maintain them.
A city with such can never play low key.
Abakiliki is towing the same path
[/s]
Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
embarassed
bestview:
Hehehehe

Listen to Onyeka Onwenu. Speaking Anambra dialect is like speaking American English. American English flow better than British English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lze-9vugnWU

Yes, Anambra dialect is sweet and very light, Ndiigbo love it.

Owerre dialect also sounds smooth in music, listen to Oriental brothers.

Enu-ani is melodic too, listen to to the "anu nwobi na egbu azu" song .

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Nobody have conversation in that stupidd Igbo Izugbe manufactured from Imo and Abia Igbo. The Only time its used is during Igbo news segment, no more. Anambra people have rejected it by conducting other programs in Anambra Igbo on ABS and with time Ndi Anambra will create our own Igbo using Onicha -Idenmili axis Igbo. Enough with that crappy Imo /Abia Igbo.
who is holding u from creating it?.. Stop all this nonsense. Go and create it nah And stop derailing this thread..
Re: . by bestview: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Enugu state has not class, it a very backward town filled with dirty roads, dirty houses. There is no inner streets in Enugu despite being over 100. There is no significant development in Enugu state, the state is so backward and useless. Awka flyovers are worldclass, and Enugu till date do not have flyover. Shame

If i had not visted Enugu recently i would not have known that it is all hype. See the heart of Enugu urban. shame shame shame.

You people in enugu state are classless You people lack education. You people are not enlightened enough. Bunch of slaves

[s]
odogwu125:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.