Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:47 PM

. - Politics (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (596279 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Omambala, Enugu has good inner city roads in most places. The good thing is that even the middle and low class areas like Asata, Uwani, Agbani road have impeccable city plans with good roads and cleanliness.

And yes, the serial governments maintain them.
A city with such can never play low key.
Abakiliki is towing the same path
guy please stop replying that guy abeg. Please he is derailing our thread
Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:

Nothing still wrong with it.
He's speaking Igbo language.
It doesn't matter the dialect.

His grasp of Anambra dialect is superb. Me likey.
I can decipher that he grew up in Anambra area to be that good in Anambra dialect.

No one can learn to speak Anambra that well by just living in Enugu Urban.

What Nwodo speaks is not Enugu Urban. It's pure Anambra central senatorial District ( Idemili/Njikoka/Dunukofia/Anaocha/) dialectical cluster.
Very impressive.

Why are you guys always responding intelligently to an arse? Please tell Chino to speak Igala-Igbo dialect let us hear.
That guy is DEFINITELY not from my state. Nobody from Anambra will disrespect other Igbos like he does just to attract attack and hatred on Anambra people.

2 Likes

Re: . by bestview: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:
embarassed

Yes, Anambra dialect is sweet and very light, Ndiigbo love it.

Owerre dialect also sounds smooth in music, listen to Oriental brothers.

Enu-ani is melodic too, listen to to the "anu nwobi na egbu azu" song .

The highlighted is the fact I wanted you to admit all these while. cheesy

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Why are you guys always responding intelligently to an arse? Please tell Chino to speak Igala-Igbo dialect let us hear.
That guy is DEFINITELY not from my state. Nobody from Anambra will disrespect other Igbos like he does.
guy please tell this people to stop derailing here. OMANBALA1 is jst doing what they want. The moment he started all this dialect stuff. Chino started posting rubbish here
Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Nobody have conversation in that stupidd Igbo Izugbe manufactured from Imo and Abia Igbo. The Only time its used is during Igbo news segment, no more. Anambra people have rejected it by conducting other programs in Anambra Igbo on ABS and with time Ndi Anambra will create our own Igbo using Onicha -Idenmili axis Igbo. Enough with that crappy Imo /Abia Igbo.

You mean the Anambra people from Orumba/Awka/Nnewi/Aguata/Ayamelum/Ekwusigo/Ihiala
Who speak nothing close to this "Anambra dialect", would be comfortable to be subjected under the stress of learning "Igbo Izugbe" in Igbo language class in schools and official writings, and now learn the Ananmbra dialect too for Anambra State official business, in addition to their own local dialects?

Nawao! Nwanne. Don't let Chino push you this much.

1 Like

Re: . by bestview: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
LOL..I am from Igala but I love Anambra dialect. cheesy

Nwanyi oma kedu ife neme? Abum nwanne gi si Igala welu bia. Imaro zi ife ana alu.

ChimaAdeoye:

That guy is DEFINITELY not from my state. Nobody from Anambra will disrespect other Igbos like he does.
Re: . by OMANBALA1: 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Again, there is a northern Igbo central dialect (of Enugu, Upland Ebony, Anambra,
Anioma), as opposed to what people from Asia, IMO and upland Rivers will speak.
The latter is southern central Igbo dialect.

These are quite different from Igbo Izugbe

Guy, again I have no issue with Ndi Enugu but these northern Igbo you pointed out are not the same. Anambra sound is very different and immediately I open my mouth every knows I am from Anambra. Ebonyi upland and Aguleri doesn't sound close by a split of an inch.
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:
As for Enugu people, 99% of them speak Anambra dialect including Nwodo, Bianca,Nwobodo, Chime and even you but I dont expect you to admit it. Yes, 99% Enugu people say ife, welu, chelu, mmili and what have you. I have been amongst Enugu guys and every gaddem one speaks Anambra, again, including yourself....Stop lying for goodness sake

Nwanne, this is not entirely true.

An average person born and brought up in Enugu metropolis Urban uses "iye " for thing, and not "ife".

The "iye" is so ingrained in me that I have been struggling to eliminate it.
"chelu" is normal Enugu dialect nah. But it's not spoken like its spoken in Idemili. The "e" in Chelu is spoken like "ae" in aeroplane, instead of like "a" in airplane, as obtainable in Anambra dialects.
Enugu Urban says "Woolu" for take, and not "Welu".

iye !!!! I forgot that one too.

You truly lived in Enugu. Nostalgia

That 'woolu ' is from Udi.

2 Likes

Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:

You mean the Anambra people from Orumba/Awka/Nnewi/Aguata/Ayamelum/Ekwusigo/Ihiala
Who speak nothing close to this "Anambra dialect", would be comfortable to be subjected under the stress of learning "Igbo Izugbe" in Igbo language class in schools and official writings, and now learn the Ananmbra dialect too for Anambra State official business, in addition to their own local dialects?

Nawao! Nwanne. Don't let Chino push you this much.
don't mind him... Itx becos of him that Chino is derailing this thread
Re: . by odogwu125: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Nobody have conversation in that stupidd Igbo Izugbe manufactured from Imo and Abia Igbo. The Only time its used is during Igbo news segment, no more. Anambra people have rejected it by conducting other programs in Anambra Igbo on ABS and with time Ndi Anambra will create our own Igbo using Onicha -Idenmili axis Igbo. Enough with that crappy Imo /Abia Igbo.
Lol. Life must be hard for average Anambra man. Everbody recognise enugu as igbo capital but it hurts ananbra. Everybody uses imo/abia igbo izugbe for official purposes but Anambra is hurt. I have even acknowledged your dialect as the widespread street dialect but that's not enough for you

1 Like

Re: . by bestview: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
See I never attacked anyone first. It was this grumpy low esteemed idiot from Enugu dungeon called odogwu123 that started this backlash. All he does is come here everyday to attack Anambra as if Anambra is the reason Enugu state is useless, backward and worthless.

ChimaAdeoye:

That guy is DEFINITELY not from my state. Nobody from Anambra will disrespect other Igbos like he does just to attract attack and hatred on Anambra people.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
Pazienza

An average person born and brought up in Enugu metropolis Urban uses "iye " for thing, and not "ife".

"chelu" is normal Enugu dialect nah. But it's not spoken like its spoken in Idemili. The "e" in Chelu is spoken like "ae" in aeroplane, instead of like "a" in airplane, as obtainable in Anambra dialects.

Oga u outrightly wrong....maybe is coz u brought up in enugu state....try and get ur facts right.
Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
mightguy:
guy please tell this people to stop derailing here. OMANBALA1 is jst doing what they want. The moment he started all this dialect stuff. Chino started posting rubbish here

I don't say anything to them because i know they are aliens trying to ruin Anambra in anyway possible.

I don't even attempt to read anything they post because i know they usually have sub-basic intelligence. I only wonder why you guys continue responding to him to help him derail the thread.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
bestview:

The highlighted is the fact I wanted you to admit all these while. cheesy

It's a known fact that the Idemili/Dunukofia/Njikoka/Oyi/Anaocha cluster you call "Anambra dialect is without nasalisation found in other Igbo dialects, hence the sweetest to the ears.

But Chino, sadly, the part of Anambra you claim to come from, ie Uga, don't speak this sweet dialectical cluster as indigenous dialect. I understand Omambala desire to entrench and elevate this Anambra dialect. But what is exactly your motive for wanting the same? Not long ago, the Ikwo and Ezza men were also Ndi Anambra, hope you know that?

Do you have more claim to this Anambra dialect than an Enugu man?

1 Like

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

You sound like a ffool, I swear! Intelligence gbuo yi there! Anambra has Igala people from Nzam, Aguleri down to Onicha and we love them and we are proud of it. Igala of Anambra people are some of the nicest people ever. Watch your utterances, mkpi na agba ewu!

1 Like

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Guy, again I have no issue with Ndi Enugu but these northern Igbo you pointed out are not the same. Anambra sound is very different and immediately I open my mouth every knows I am from Anambra. Ebonyi upland and Aguleri doesn't sound close by a split of an inch.

Immediately, I open my mouth, everyone knows I am from Enugu too, even though I don't speak my village dialect as well.

I mentioned that what they speak in Enugu city is a central Igbo dialect. There is such a thing like that. It's not any Anambra dialect.
It's false to say that Onitsha Igbo is what they speak in Enugu town.
Born and bred there, I can tell you that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bestview: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
LOL...keep deceiving yourself, no one, I mean no one recognized that slum as a capital for any Igbo. Enugu town is the capital of WAWA people. No one acknowledges you guys for anything because you people are classless as much as you are useless to the Igbo cause.

Anambra dialect is what your leaders speak in Enugu state and i know it is very painful for you. Backward people cheesy

[s]
odogwu125:

Lol. Life must be hard for average Anambra man. Everbody recognise enugu as igbo capital but it hurts ananbra. Everybody uses imo/abia igbo izugbe for official purposes but Anambra is hurt. I have even acknowledged your dialect as the widespread street dialect but that's not enough for you
[/s]
Re: . by kasmilla(m): 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:
As for Enugu people, 99% of them speak Anambra dialect including Nwodo, Bianca,Nwobodo, Chime and even you but I dont expect you to admit it. Yes, 99% Enugu people say ife, welu, chelu, mmili and what have you. I have been amongst Enugu guys and every gaddem one speaks Anambra, again, including yourself....Stop lying for goodness sake

oga you are wrong , 98percent doesnt speak there anambra dialect, nkanu man , agwu man , nsukka man speaks different from anambra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Pazienza

Oga u outrightly wrong....maybe is coz u brought up in enugu state....try and get ur facts right.

What are you talking about?
Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

I don't say anything to them because i know they are aliens trying to ruin Anambra in anyway possible.

I don't even attempt to read anything they post because i know they usually have sub-basic intelligence. I only wonder why you guys continue responding to him to help him derail the thread.
i knw their game and I don't respond to him. If you noticed.. He was ignored for weeks even when he posted all his trash pics. Every body neglected him and the thread was moving perfectly fine till now. When this useless debate about dialect which is least of our problem starting Giving one man problem here and the Chino guy saw it as an avenue to cause havok and chaos here
Re: . by bestview: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
Yes I am from Uga but what we call Anambra dialect is Onitsha/Awka/Idemmili/Ogbaru etc, these areas speaks clean clear and smooth Igbo language.

Even the first Igbo Bible was written in Onitsha dialect. Are you aware?

pazienza:

It's a known fact that the Idemili/Dunukofia/Njikoka/Oyi/Anaocha cluster you call "Anambra dialect is without nasalisation found in other Igbo dialects, hence the sweetest to the ears.

But Chino, sadly, the part of Anambra you claim tocome from, ie Uga, don't speak this sweet dialectical cluster as indigenous dialet. I understand Omambala desire to entrench and elevate this Anambra dialect. But what is exactly your motive of wanting the same?
Do you have more claim to this Anambra dialect than an Enugu man?
Re: . by Xander85: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

The guy is a fuc/king nuisance! Once the thread is gaining traction...with cerebral discussions and nice pics, this fool gets pained and immediately starts a 'fight' with one of his numerous monikers or partners in crime! This can go on for about two or three pages, and the aim is to derail the thread! If he/they had his/their way, this thread would have been long dead and buried!
Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2018
kasmilla:
oga you are wrong , 98percent doesnt speak there anambra dialect, nkanu man , agwu man , nsukka man speaks different from anambra

I think you are quoting the wrong person.
Re: . by OMANBALA1: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
odogwu125:

Igbo capital my arsse. Who care where meetings are hold. You can keep your dialect and capital and you can even keep your Igbo but you cant mess with the Omanbala spirit in every Anambra person. The Omanbala pride is unmatched!

1 Like

Re: . by bestview: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
GBAM cheesy

OMANBALA1:
Re: . by kasmilla(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
pazienza:

I think you are quoting the wrong person.
ok
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
mightguy:
guy please stop replying that guy abeg. Please he is derailing our thread

I noticed.

1 Like

Re: . by odogwu125: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
bestview:
Hehehehe

Listen to Onyeka Onwenu. Speaking Anambra dialect is like speaking American English. American English flow better than British English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lze-9vugnWU
Anmbra dialect is the common informal dialect. We have acknowledged it. Its nothing to chestbeat about
Re: . by bestview: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
IGBOSON, with all due respect, I never started anything here. The guy that started this is odogwu123 and he is from Enugu state same as Nyinyaagbaoku. All they do here everyday is attacking Anambra as if Anambra is the cause of their backwardness and worthlessness.

Xander85:

The guy is a fuc/king nuisance! Once the thread is gaining traction...with cerebral discussions and nice pics, this fool gets pained and immediately starts a 'fight' with one of his numerous monikers or partners in crime! This can go on for about two or three pages, and the aim is to derail the thread! If he/they had his/their way, this thread would have been long dead and buried!
Re: . by bestview: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2018
Shut up your wawa mouth, I do not need a validation from a 3rd class Igbo from Enugu state. Everyone knows that Anambra dialect is the sweetest of all Igbo dialects, no wonder every Igbo everywhere want to speak it.

odogwu125:

Anmbra dialect is the common informal dialect. We have acknowledged it. Its nothing to chestbeat about
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
mightguy:
i knw their game and I don't respond to him. If you noticed.. He was ignored for weeks even when he posted all his trash pics. Every body neglected him and the thread was moving perfectly fine till now. When this useless debate about dialect which is least of our problem starting Giving one man problem here and the Chino guy saw it as an avenue to cause havok and chaos here

I didn't reply him either, even though, he mentioned me several times

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

e]i knw their game and I don't respond to him. If you noticed.. He was ignored for weeks even when he posted all his trash pics. Every body neglected him and the thread was moving perfectly fine till now. When this useless debate about dialect which is least of our problem starting Giving one man problem here and the Chino guy saw it as an avenue to cause havok and chaos here

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.