Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,555 members, 7,926,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 06:39 PM

. - Politics (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (604368 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 2:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
FG resumes negotiations on Port Harcourt-Maiduguri rail project – Amaechi

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Interesting.

5 Likes

Re: . by mr11(m): 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
pazienza:
Aboh as the headquarters of Igbo slaves in Sierra Leone. @M11

https://www.nairaland.com/997451/early-colonial-views-igbos-yorubas#up
I'm happy that you now see Ndokwa as part of great Igbo nation. Anytime you visit Delta please let me know so that I will take you to my family house and introduce you to my and some of my friends that has the same Igbo passion like you. I like your passion for great Igbo nation.I'm from utagba uno in Ndokwa west,Ajieh sir.

6 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
In 2017, Amaechi announced that the railway would be completed by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) and Julius Berger.

The minister said the government was funding the revival of the project at a cost of about $200 million.

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2020
These rail projects are great investments for the Nigerian economy going forward.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
They are wise and are on code among themselves, and the result is that they have the power

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sure?

2 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sure?

5 Likes

Re: . by Tobanet92(m): 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2020

Did u have a child who is having difficulty with reading, writing, speaking and mathematical calculation. If yes contact us for your therapy session. Kindly visit this page for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/Delight-Special-Education-Services-248241972543726/
Re: . by horsepower102: 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
The British described the Igbos as the “ Great Igbo race”

Mind you, this was during the time of subjugation of our people.

There is something that they saw in us that they didn’t see in the rest.

I read in a colonial document of the British complaint that igbo business men were competing with them for business.

If I find it, I will post it.

IGBOs know yourself. You are far greater than you think you are.

3 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2020

2 Likes

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
NaijirianKing:
The newly rehabilitated old UNTH-Bunker road, in Enugu North Local Government Area of Enugu State, including the Ngenevu-old UNTH link road, which is almost completed, are among the great feats of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration that have direct positive impact on the lives of the people of the state.

It would be recalled that Gov. Ugwuanyi, a few days after his re-election, visited the thickly populated suburbs on a pre-contract inspection, where he promised the residents that his administration will rehabilitate and construct the roads, in line with its seamless urban and rural infrastructural development agenda.

Today, there is visible joy on the faces of the residents of old UNTH-Bunker and environs as their hitherto dilapidated and long-neglected roads now wear a new look, all thanks to Gov. Ugwuanyi, who made a promise and kept it.

Enugu State is in the hands of God!##

http://igberetvnews.com/1305635/jubilation-gov-ugwuanyi-delivers-old-unth-bunker-road-enugu/
Wow..so happy this rough road has been constructed..it gave us tough time when we were in old unth

3 Likes

Re: . by hammerU: 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
NaijirianKing:
The first North Africans were all black. Arabs invaded only in recent history.

Africa used to be "all black", however people we now call Arabs invaded due to their inhospitable environment, living in a desert. They saw Africa as a paradise compared to their home, so they invaded and the invaders decided to stay, many took Black African women as wives and created offspring who resembled the invader and the indigenous people.

I'm referring to the time when North Africa was Black. Many West Africans used to live in North Africa, but moved further south due to these constant invasions from the Arabian peninsula. Fulani for example used to, and some still do, live in North Africa but migrated further south settling in various places including modern day Guinea.

I THINK BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH NORTH AFRICA.

THAT AREA SHOULD BE LEFT TO THE WHITE AND ARABS.

WE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON HOLDING OUR PRESENT LAND, ELSE WE WILL LOSE THEM TOO TO ARABS AND WHITE.

I HOPE U UNDERSTAND WAT AM SAYING TO U.

NORTH AFRICA IS GONE.

CANARY ISLAND IS GONE.

MADEIRA ISLAND IS GONE.

I HEARD THE SPANISH KILLED THE BLACK MOORS THAT OWN THE CANARY ISLAND AND LEFT ONLY THEIR DOGS BECOS IT WAS A UNIQUE BREED TO THE ISLAND.

SPANISH RACISM AGAINST BLACK IS NEXT LEVEL STUFF.

2 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sure?

1 Like

Re: . by hammerU: 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Spain was the nation that started present the day racial hierarchy. Unfortunately Pope Innocent III started the slave trade in African people.

Black Africans will eventually take all of Africa back. Whites and Arabs are not having children as fast as Africans, so eventually Black Africans will overrun many North African countries in due time.

Some states in Nigeria have a higher population than some states in North Africa.

Tunisia - 11 million people
Lybia - 6 million people
Mauritania - 4 million people

MOROCCO 35 MILLION

ALGERIA 42 MILLION

EGYPT 104 MILLION.

LIKE I SAID, WE BETTER FOCUS ON FIXING UP OR THEY WILL COME DOWN AND TAKE THE REST OF AFRICA SOON.

MOROCCO JUST JOINED ECOWAS.

2 Likes

Re: . by hammerU: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
MY OWN CONCERN IS IGBO NATION OR U MAY CALL IT BIAFRA.

WE NEED TO FIX UP OURSELVES FIRST BECOS WE ARE A BIG MESS.

2 Likes

Re: . by hammerU: 1:19am On Jan 29, 2020
NaijirianKing:
The first North Africans were all black. Arabs invaded only in recent history.

Africa used to be "all black", however people we now call Arabs invaded due to their inhospitable environment, living in a desert. They saw Africa as a paradise compared to their home, so they invaded and the invaders decided to stay, many took Black African women as wives and created offspring who resembled the invader and the indigenous people.

I'm referring to the time when North Africa was Black. Many West Africans used to live in North Africa, but moved further south due to these constant invasions from the Arabian peninsula. Fulani for example used to, and some still do, live in North Africa but migrated further south settling in various places including modern day Guinea.

YEAH ALOT OF PEOPLE TALK ABOUT SLAVERY BUT NOT MANY REALIZE THE ARAB WHERE PROLIFIC AT TAKING SLAVES.

THEY WERE THE FIRST TO TAKE AFRICAN SLAVE.

MALE SLAVES WERE CASTRATED.

THE FEMALE SLAVE WERE DOMESTICATED AND ALSO USED FOR SEX.

THEY WERE VERY HORRIBLE.

I THINK, IT WAS BECOS OF THEM THE EUROPEAN CAME LOOKING FOR SLAVES IN AFRICA.

THEY KEPT INVADING EUROPE AND TRYING TO DO WAT THEY DID IN AFRICA THERE. ESPECIALLY SPAIN, ITALY, GREECE, ROMANIA, BURGARIA AND ALL THESE PLACES.

THEY TURNED WHITE WOMEN INTO SLAVES AND I THINK U POSTED A PICTURE OF IT EARLIER ON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikIhLUoOeHU

1 Like

Re: . by topboss: 6:47am On Jan 29, 2020

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by topboss: 8:43am On Jan 29, 2020
NaijirianKing:
Igbo should severely limit their investments outside of the SE. We should look to developing cities within the region and invest.

Here are some views of Ngozika Estates Phase Awka. A city on the rise, we should develop our place and make it the envy of the nation.

The good news is that we have plenty of room for high quality investments, business, residential and otherwise.

There is one rule in life.

If u build it, they will come.

Our leaders must embrace that principle so they dont lose motivation during the process of building the east.

3 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sure?

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sure?

Re: . by hammerU: 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
NaijirianKing:

I have a question of you, do you think Igbos having a seperate country composed of ethnic Igbos and those who choose to be in a country with us, or would it be better for us to maneuver our way into controlling and dominating Naijiria as an undivided country?

My concern is that, if Igbos get a country of our own, the remaining Naijirians left in the former country will use the opportunity to steal Igbo factories, plazas, markets, businesses and residences that Igbo have built over the last 6 decades.

Since Igbo have invested more in other people's lands than in Igboland, would separation at thins point truly benefit Igbo?

Remember, Igbo investments outside the SE run into the billions of US Dollars. In my opinion it would be better for the Igbo to become like the Jews of America, who control the levers of power but are a tiny minority of less than 2% of the population, but they have a great deal of power and can control the entire nation and bend it to their will.

It would, in my opinion be best for Igbo to follow this model and control the levers of power and no matter who is in office, they are control by Ndi'Igbo.

THE RESOURCES IN IGBOLAND IS WORTH TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

THAT MONEY WOULD BE SHARED WITH NIGERIA IF WE REMAIN.

WITH DAT MONEY WE CAN TURN ALAIGBO TO DUBAI.

SECONDLY, THE DRIVE TODAY IS TO ORGANISE OUR HOME LAND, AND BUILD CITIES RIGHT ACROSS IGBO LAND. U CAN SEE THE DREAM OF IKPEAZU IN ABIA STATE.

THE RURAL AREA NOT LEFT OUT.

THIRDLY, IGBO CANNOT STAY IN A NIGERIA WHERE PRESIDENCY IS PASSED BETWEEN HAUSA OR YORUBA OR THEY REMAIN PERPETUAL PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT.

OUR PEOPLE NEED VISIBLE LEADERSHIP.

BESIDES OUR NATION IS THE ONE FUNDING NIGERIA BUDGET. ALSO NIGERIA WAS BUILT ON A SHARING POWER FORMULAR BETWEEN IGBO, HAUSA AND YORUBA. I.E. NNAMDI AZIKIWE AND TAFAWA BALEWA MODEL.
Re: . by hammerU: 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
NaijirianKing:

Take a look at Lybia, the children of the Arab invaders are still enslaving Blacks, and doing all sorts of atrocities to Blacks.

The Arabs have not been allies to Black Africans and should be treated as those who openly oppose us.

WE NEED TO BUILD CAPACITY AND EDUCATE OUR POPULATION FIRST.

THE STRONG AND WISE, PRETEND TO BE WEAK, SO THEY ARE UNDERESTIMATED AND THEY RETAIN AN ELEMENT OF SURPRISE.

THE FOCUS IS ON DEVELOPING IGBO HOME LAND AND PUTTING THINGS IN PLACE.

IT IS A GREAT TASK AND WILL TAKE AT LEAST 20 TO 40 YEARS, UNRELENTING HARD WORK.

THE MINUTE IGBO GET IT RIGHT, WE BECOME A MODEL FOR THE REST OF NIGERIA TO COPY.

I EVEN THINK THEY WILL TAG ALONGS WITH US.

IF BLACK AFRICANS WANT TO TEACH ARABS A LESSON, START AT TRASHING DEM AT FOOTBALL EVERYTIME.

1 Like

Re: . by hammerU: 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
NaijirianKing:

You do have a point, we in Africa have entirely too many foreigners who have vitriol towards Black Africans on the Continent.

Historically, Arabs have destroyed many great African kingdoms and sold their people as slaves because we accepted them in as "African or Muslim Brothers" and they proved to be anything but that. So I agree with you on that fact.

Has Morocco's application to join ECOWAS been granted?

Morocco’s Ecowas bid sparks African fear and suspicion
Nigeria warms to royal diplomacy but worries about competition
https://www.ft.com/content/f17bf958-f96b-11e8-a154-2b65ddf314e9

NOT YET.

IF U ASK ME MOROCCO SHOULD REMAIN IN NORTH AFRICA, WHILST WE REMAIN IN SOUTH.

SEPARATED BY AN OCEAN OF DESERT.

WE NEED THAT TO SOUGHT OURSELVES OUT.

BUT I THINK WITH THEIR POPULATION GROWING, THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED MAKING THEIR WAY SOUTH.

I.E. LEBANESE IN WEST AFRICA. ETC.

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: . by hammerU: 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2020
NaijirianKing:

On a cultural level.

It's good Igbo are competing in the music industry, in the early 2000s Igbo would shamefully abandoned Igbo language and use Yoruba language in their songs thinking that such was the only way to sell music. It's good we've come to our senses.

Another troubling trend I'm noticing in music is when other ethnic groups over sexualize Igbo women in their music, such lines as "Amaka give me lovin", and a few other lines such as Wale rapping that "I fell in love with an Igbo, she said I'm a demon... now I'm in Enugu to get a new one", as if our sisters and mothers are merely objects to be replaced at will. Igbo artists never show such blatant disregard for the women of other groups. This trend is troubling to say the least. Our women must be the most respected person in the country, our the culture will be corrupted as the woman is the first teacher of the children.

Lastly, I've noticed many movies that come out are pushing the agenda of inter-tribal marriage between Igbo women and non-Igbo men.

This is a disturbing trend as to an extent it reduces our numbers as the offspring will be of the ethnic group of their father, therein Igbo population is limited in growth and our culture is slowly being eroded away.

For example, on Netflix, many of the current Nollywood movies produced by Lagosian film makers carry this agenda. For example, the movie "Yoruba Demons", within the first 7 minutes features one of the "demons" using an Igbo woman merely as a concubine in a very explicit and disrespectful manner, but in Igbo produced movies, the reverse is never the case.

YORUBA MEN ARE TRYING VERY HARD TO GIVE IGBO GIRLS A BAD NAME.

U SAID IT, OVER SEXUALIZATION OF IGBO WOMEN IN THEIR SONG. I.E. NNEKA WAIT OPEN FOR DADDY BY KISS DANIEL

THEY ARE ALL IGBO SEXUAL.

WHICH MEANS IGBO GIRLS MUST BE LOOSE? GET IT?

THE SAME WAY CALABAR GIRLS GOT A REPUTATION, THEY HAVE MOVED ALONG TO IGBO GIRLS AND GIVING THEM A REPUTATION.

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.