Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,746 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (63114 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:03am On Feb 28, 2019
myners007:

Good Morning Sir,Please i need advice on how to resolve a challenge of increasing temperature of My 2007 v6. The temperature guage ussualy rise to the middle level barely minutes after kick off.I took the car down to a radiator mechanic and he advised that i get a new radiator and that the one inside is expired. The radiator of the car was changed replaced with a belgium one this January and i wonder why would the radiator be replaced in such a short period of time.I also observed tremendous rise in the temperature whenever the ac is switched on.

Radiator should be replaced with a brand new unit.
Ensure cooling system has been bled properly.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
myners007:

Good Morning Sir,Please i need advice on how to resolve a challenge of increasing temperature of My 2007 v6. The temperature guage ussualy rise to the middle level barely minutes after kick off.I took the car down to a radiator mechanic and he advised that i get a new radiator and that the one inside is expired. The radiator of the car was changed replaced with a belgium one this January and i wonder why would the radiator be replaced in such a short period of time.I also observed tremendous rise in the temperature whenever the ac is switched on.

Sorry to tell you this but it's a case of penny wise, pound foolish. Should have bought a new radiator.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by myners007: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
radautoworks:

Sorry to tell you this but it's a case of penny wise, pound foolish. Should have bought a new radiator.
thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by myners007: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2019
MotorGuru:

Radiator should be replaced with a brand new unit.
Ensure cooling system has been bled properly.
thank s
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Inception(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
myners007:
thank s

Hope lesson was learnt bro.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dachoice: 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
Oga carguru, your candid advice on cars and car related matters is highly acknowledged and may the good lord enlarge your coast and imbue you with more insight.

I was using a Toyota Camry 2000 model before it was snatched at gunpoint unfortunately for me there no Security of any kind.

I am planning on acquiring a Lexus RX 300 (2000 - 2003)model

My budget is 1.2M
I am in Edo State

Your unbiased and candid opinion is highly solicited

Best regards
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
dachoice:
Oga carguru, your candid advice on cars and car related matters is highly acknowledged and may the good lord enlarge your coast and imbue you with more insight.

I was using a Toyota Camry 2000 model before it was snatched at gunpoint unfortunately for me there no Security of any kind.

I am planning on acquiring a Lexus RX 300 (2000 - 2003)model

My budget is 1.2M
I am in Edo State

Your unbiased and candid opinion is highly solicited

Best regards

I believe you are gunning for a Nigerian used (looking at your budget)

It is a good car. Reliable Engine and gearbox.very reasonable luxury, given the age.

Watch out for:

Engine oil sludge in engine(as a result of bad maintenance). a tell tale sign will be an inspection of the engine oil cover.
Cracked exhaust manifold that will give a notorious P0171 trouble code(System too lean)
Suspension noise
Rust.

Please note that fuel consumption will be higher than the camry you used previously.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kernniejay(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mr. Motorguru, i throw salute o. Weldone for the good job.

Pls i have an old Honda 1993 (halla), i discovered that it now brings out blue smoke when I start it in the morning after it has been parked for 2 days or more, then once i start driving, the blue smoke stops and begins to drip water from the exhaust, i have asked opinions from technicians and they told me different things, one mechanic said i should use an adoptor for one of my plugs, another said it is valve seal i need to change, one said i should be getting ready to change the whole engine as it cannot be ringed.

Right now iv am tired and confused, pls what exactly do i have to do to get this solved once and permanently?

Thanks a lot.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
kernniejay:
Mr. Motorguru, i throw salute o. Weldone for the good job.

Pls i have an old Honda 1993 (halla), i discovered that it now brings out blue smoke when I start it in the morning after it has been parked for 2 days or more, then once i start driving, the blue smoke stops and begins to drip water from the exhaust, i have asked opinions from technicians and they told me different things, one mechanic said i should use an adoptor for one of my plugs, another said it is valve seal i need to change, one said i should be getting ready to change the whole engine as it cannot be ringed.

Right now iv am tired and confused, pls what exactly do i have to do to get this solved once and permanently?

Thanks a lot.

Your valve stem seals are bad. should be easy to replace.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kernniejay(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
MotorGuru:

Thank you very much, God bless you sir. But do you think just only this will actually solve the problem? Or anything else to be done?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kernniejay(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
MotorGuru:

Thanks and God bless.
I hope that will solve the problem finally. Will do that and give you a feedback soon.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Aanumi16: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
The Check Engine light on my 08 Camry is P0172.
Just got a Toks MAF and A/F sensors.

Please help on what to do to resolve this issue.

MotorGuru
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by PDF: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2019
I drive a Honda Accord 2007 (DC). I notice that at about 100-120km/h speed, there's a feel of vibration felt on the steering wheel while at it and this also applies when applying the brake at this speed or when driving down a slopy terrain. The former isn't felt at all at any speed below 100.
Please, what could be the cause?

Thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2019
PDF:
I drive a Honda Accord 2007 (DC). I notice that at about 100-120km/h speed, there's a feel of vibration felt on the steering wheel while at it and this also applies when applying the brake at this speed or when driving down a slopy terrain. The former isn't felt at all at any speed below 100.
Please, what could be the cause?

Thank you

I'll start with wheel balancing for the vibration at 100-120km/hr, rotors for the vibration when braking.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by autologic: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
kernniejay:

Thank you very much, God bless you sir. But do you think just only this will actually solve the problem? Or anything else to be done?
Change the engine and radiator and de-kazeemise any form of abuse .

2 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by august2224(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!

halo sir, I own a Nissan Maxima 1997 model. its automatic. engine is bad. I intend getting a new engine and changing to manual transmission.
Pls sir, how much does a Nissan VQ30de cost?
pls what are the other parts I need to get for the manual transmission?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2019
august2224:

halo sir, I own a Nissan Maxima 1997 model. its automatic. engine is bad. I intend getting a new engine and changing to manual transmission.
Pls sir, how much does a Nissan VQ30de cost?
pls what are the other parts I need to get for the manual transmission?
cc. Costee
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by franksam2009: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2019
Bro I can't find your number on ur profile, please drop your mobile number @mobiguru
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kernniejay(m): 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
autologic:

Change the engine and radiator and de-kazeemise any form of abuse .

Ok
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by youngcastle2(m): 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!

Well done Sir, I use 09 Honda accord. But one day I noticed strange sounds from the engine while a road side mechanic who worsen the case of this car changed the camshaft and set the verbs but the sound still persisted so he noticed the metal or may be its called mental i don't know is causing the problem so after changing that the ending sounds cool but the car won't accelerate after it's been select to drive... It won't move as it suppose to and the temperature ain't normal either.... Different kind of rewires have worked on it still the same so a mechanic complained bout work the Celinda with the stupid fault engine detector so they work on it and it works but the problem return the following day. They said they need to set the ferbs cuz there's a sound its making they've been unable to fix that and now the gear is hooked not until I press a button beside the gear manually thats when I can put it on drive... What can I do please
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by oluwealth(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hello MotorGuru. Pls advice on which should I buy in terms of reliable, maintenance & fuel economy between 2003 Toyota Prius, 2003 Toyota Matrix and 2001 LEXUS Rx 300 all Nigeria used.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2019
oluwealth:
Hello MotorGuru. Pls advice on which should I buy in terms of reliable, maintenance & fuel economy between 2003 Toyota Prius, 2003 Toyota Matrix and 2001 LEXUS Rx 300 all Nigeria used.

Matrix
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Kaymaxine(m): 12:45am On Mar 15, 2019
Please,I want to purchase a 2004 Volkswagen Passat!!!
What are the issues with the car
And compared with a 2004 Honda Accord
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by rhymz(m): 1:35am On Mar 15, 2019
Mr guru pls help me...I drive a toyota Corolla 2005 anytime am driving in d afternoon I notice my ac does cool but at night it work well..plss wat could b d cost...i ve gas it yet no chnge..check if der is linkage none ...pls ua advice..
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ogtavia(m): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
MotorGuru:

For a first car, i will strongly discourage that particular car.
get the alternatives: Toyota Corolla (2003-07), Honda accord (2005-07 4 cylinder), Toyota camry 4 cylinder (2002-06), Hyundai elantra US spec 2007-09, Honda Civic 2006-08.

You do not need to start your car experience with tears. Trust me.

What about 2008 -2010 Toyota Camry as a first car.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ojeysky(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
rhymz:
Mr guru pls help me...I drive a toyota Corolla 2005 anytime am driving in d afternoon I notice my ac does cool but at night it work well..plss wat could b d cost...i ve gas it yet no chnge..check if der is linkage none ...pls ua advice..

I guess you meant doesn't cool well, I experienced this with my Yaris and my guess was that it's because I do not have the ambient sensor for the AC installed (I just could not find the connect it after I bought the sensor)....I resolved to using an external thermostat. Now it cools better in the afternoon.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2019
ogtavia:

What about 2008 -2010 Toyota Camry as a first car.

Perfect
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:24am On Mar 20, 2019
youngcastle2:

Well done Sir, I use 09 Honda accord. But one day I noticed strange sounds from the engine while a road side mechanic who worsen the case of this car changed the camshaft and set the verbs but the sound still persisted so he noticed the metal or may be its called mental i don't know is causing the problem so after changing that the ending sounds cool but the car won't accelerate after it's been select to drive... It won't move as it suppose to and the temperature ain't normal either.... Different kind of rewires have worked on it still the same so a mechanic complained bout work the Celinda with the stupid fault engine detector so they work on it and it works but the problem return the following day. They said they need to set the ferbs cuz there's a sound its making they've been unable to fix that and now the gear is hooked not until I press a button beside the gear manually thats when I can put it on drive... What can I do please

Too much damage has been done. replace engine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:25am On Mar 20, 2019
oluwealth:

2003 matrix
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:26am On Mar 20, 2019
Kaymaxine:
Please,I want to purchase a 2004 Volkswagen Passat!!!
What are the issues with the car
And compared with a 2004 Honda Accord

pls go for the 2004 Honda accord. It is more reliable
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2019
rhymz:
Check operation of cooling fan
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2019
ojeysky:

I guess you meant doesn't cool well, I experienced this with my Yaris and my guess was that it's because I do not have the ambient sensor for the AC installed (I just could not find the connect it after I bought the sensor)....I resolved to using an external thermostat. Now it cools better in the afternoon.

good advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (34) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.