Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,837 members, 7,872,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (63069 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
available!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
our whatsapp section is now Live!

Whatsapp link:

https:///DeuYamRwzUNKLQehR6apCs
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Bettycars(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
MotorGuru:

pls go for the 2004 Honda accord. It is more reliable

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by oluwealth(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
MotorGuru:
our whatsapp section is now Live!

Whatsapp link:

https:///DeuYamRwzUNKLQehR6apCs

The link for the whatsapp is not opening
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2019
Available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by oluwealth(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
Pls do you have idea how much is Lexus Rx 300 gear for both AWD & RWD
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
oluwealth:

Cc. Kingreign
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
oluwealth:

RX300 don't have RWD, rather they have AWD. 170k for FWD, 280k for AWD. The last time I checked.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
MotorGuru:

Cc. Kingreign

Bro, thanks for the mention. smiley
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by oluwealth(m): 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2019
kingreign:

RX300 don't have RWD, rather they have AWD. 170k for FWD, 280k for AWD. The last time I checked.

Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Grace2u: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Good day.

Please is maintenance of 2008-2009 Toyota Highlander pocket friendly?.

Can you advise me on this issue before buying?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
Grace2u:
Good day.

Please is maintenance of 2008-2009 Toyota Highlander pocket friendly?.

Can you advise me on this issue before buying?

Compared to other brands of its class, it is the best in terms of cost of ownership.

Nothing really to watch out for( except maybe the oil coolant lines which may rupture with age if it is made of rubber)
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:02am On Mar 30, 2019
Your auto questions
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by fidtopade: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
Please, I want to know how reliable is peugeot 806. A friend want to buy it for transport business.
Please your answer should include problems common with the car.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
fidtopade:
Please, I want to know how reliable is peugeot 806. A friend want to buy it for transport business.
Please your answer should include problems common with the car.

I would rather go for the Volkswagen sharan, or the Toyota picnic.
Less dramatic.

But if you need more info on this ride,
Cc. Ikenna351
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:08am On Apr 01, 2019
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Jmyno1H(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
Good day Guru,

Please I complained about my Acura MDX here and was advised to have it diagnosed. Please the codes from the diagnosis are:
P0967 and U0107

Please what are the possible reasons for the transmission glitches and what sensor is to be replaced.

Thank you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ping2ping: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
Hello @MotorGuru. Thanks for the informative thread.

I am considering Toyota Picnic or Toyota Avensis Verso for a family minivan. I actually prefer the avensis verso as its more roomy but have read things about the 1AZ-FE engine fitted into it. Things like burning oil, stripped bolt, etc.

I am looking at a fairly used of any of these. Please I will need your advice.

Thank you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by GCFR696(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2019
Hello Motor Guru
I want to buy a tokunbo engine for my 2005 accord v6
1. Please what should I look out for in order not to buy a rebuilt engone
2. The recommended oil is 5w20, can I continue using the recommended oil not minding the fact that the engine must have recorded high mileage?
3. If Q2 is no, which viscosity of oil would you recommend?

Warm regards
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by lwise(m): 2:46am On Apr 02, 2019
Hello Guru,
I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Can anyone help with the possible solution.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by baldwin84(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2019
MotorGuru:

Thank you sir for your kind words.
You can ask Gazzuzz on the forum. or better still you can order it online through ebay.
hello oga guru...I use 2004 Mitsubishi lancer. d oil sump hit ground while traveling on Sunday afternoon. I looked for mechanic and panel beater to solve d problem but we couldn't get d appropriate oil so I opted to forte oil visco. immediately d engine oil enter d motor start smoking but not too much. Then I took it to my mechanic to solve d issue of smoking but he told me not to change d engine oil but just to add oil treatment. after putting d oil treatment d motor smokes badly..Please what is d solution?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Teajayz(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2019
Do you have a valid Comprehensive car insurance?

With Comprehensive Insurance, you worry less about the following;

1. When the car gets burnt, be it partial or total
2. When the car gets stolen
3. Accidental damage of the car, partial or total
4. Third party property damage
5. Bodily Injury of the insured and third party
6. Flood Extension
7. Damages caused by malicious act

Imagine a car of 2.5 million gets stolen and you don't have a comprehensive insurance for the car
Imagine there was a fire outbreak where you parked your car overnight
Imagine a danfo driver hit your car on the highway and run away

With a Comprehensive Insurance cover, all imaginations above are covered;

You get your money back or a replacement car (your car type) if stolen or got burnt. T& C applies
Your damaged car gets repaired without a kobo coming out from you T & C applies.

To know more about this type of insurance cover and any other type, kindly reach me on 07056213630.

We don't pray to have accidents but it happens everyday. Secure unplanned for expenses on your car today

#Insuranceman

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2019
GCFR696:
Hello Motor Guru
2. The recommended oil is 5w20, can I continue using the recommended oil not minding the fact that the engine must have recorded high mileage?

Warm regards

Why not rebuild yours?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by bleedingpile: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hello guru,
Great job you are doing here. God bless!

Please, I am a novice. Just got myself a Nissan xterra 2000 vehicle few days ago. Please, could you be kind and tell me things I need to know, the diy on my part, the changing of oil, the kind and types of engine oil,break oil etc that are healthy this kind?
Also, battery voltage , general maintenance and the pro and cons ?. Your reply would be so appreciate -----don't even have an idea where to start and go from here.

Please help!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by GCFR696(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
radautoworks:

Why not rebuild yours?
The engine has been ringed before. Crankshaft has also been changed a while ago
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Neyohpinpin: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
good afternoon Guru......

I just noticed that my Accord 05 A/C does not really cool well during the day ....but cools very well to cold sef at night .... is there anything wrong, if yes ,please what can I do please??
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by babyboy4every1: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
oga guru. I bought almera tino some six mnth ago. It has started shorting oil &producing little flames wen start in d mrning bt stop imdtly. Wht cld be d prblm wt a tokunbo car. Also, i scanned it &detects d 02 sensors. Wht is d implctn of d 02 sensors if i didnt change it.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
GCFR696:

The engine has been ringed before. Crankshaft has also been changed a while ago

Apparently not well and not a great idea to do it again after it was previously done. Carry on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2019
GCFR696:
Hello Motor Guru

Warm regards

rebuilding would have been a better option , but with the current level of available expertise, please toks is better.
What to look out for:
1.Check coolant passage ways and ensure you do not see any chalk- like coating. if you do, that engine has been used in Nigeria Before and
water was used as coolant.
2.Check the interface between Top cylinder& engine block and ensure that graphite(paper as they call it) gasket has not been used.
3. check all gaskets and ensure it has not been supported or replaced by Gasket maker(Black or white gum). Anywhere such was originally sued from factory, it should have a slight yellowish tint to it.
4. Check all bolts and be sure there is no spanner marks(evidence that is might have been slackened before)
5.Check engine number inscription and compare with the engine currently with your car to avoid any foul play.
6. Go with an experienced person.
7. The VIN number of the car that engine came out from is usually riveted to the engine body. copy it and run a comprehensive VIN check to have an idea of the Mileage.

Use 5W20 if the engine mileage is less than 150,000 miles( on the Toks engine)

2 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2019
Jmyno1H:
Good day Guru,

Please I complained about my Acura MDX here and was advised to have it diagnosed. Please the codes from the diagnosis are:
P0967 and U0107

Please what are the possible reasons for the transmission glitches and what sensor is to be replaced.

Thank you.
check electrical connections to this solenoid:
if ok, replace solenoid

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2019
ping2ping:
Hello @MotorGuru. Thanks for the informative thread.

I am considering Toyota Picnic or Toyota Avensis Verso for a family minivan. I actually prefer the avensis verso as its more roomy but have read things about the 1AZ-FE engine fitted into it. Things like burning oil, stripped bolt, etc.

I am looking at a fairly used of any of these. Please I will need your advice.

Thank you.

the 1AZ-FE was not extensively documented to have the stripped bolt problem. Oil consumption was also not an issue.

Please do due diligence when purchasing a Nigerian used vehicle.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:14am On Apr 03, 2019
lwise:
Hello Guru,
I always have this unpleasant experience anytime I switch on my AC (Hyundai Accent 2008).At times in traffic the car stops completely,I have to switch OFF the car then ON it back.

Can anyone help with the possible solution.

You are having a problem with your idle control.

Pls have the vehicle scanned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.