Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? (6776 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / How Can I Break The Oath? / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 24, 2010
Bros, we have given you our own advise oh. Dont get carried away with beauty or a great body, there is more to life than that oh. From you added post i can safely inform you that marriage to your friend is gonna be a long hard one, you are gonna be a walking ATM for her for the rest of your life. Good Luck and happy married life. Really sorry about your mom. Hope she gets better, thats aother thing am worried about, will she be able to love and care for your sick mom, or will all your money go towards meeting her increasing demands, Guy, think about your life well well
PS: How on eaarth does a man spend his whole life savings on a wedding?
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by saemoenl(f): 10:08pm On May 24, 2010
PS: How on eaarth does a man spend his whole life savings on a wedding?

Dont u know that CHARACTER full Naija, I wonder at this hard times, U people are making it in Naija ohhhhh. Same OLD mentality!
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by octar6: 10:15pm On May 24, 2010
[size=8pt][i]oh my God.this is simply crazy.
she calls a 2001 corolla old and small. and she says your budget is too small for a banker like you?
NOW CHECK THE KIND OF FRIENDS SHE HAS, THEY COULD BE INFLUENCING HER!
some1 who has never worked  dey even make chioce,u can imagine!!!!

my guy,use your head well, Good luck
[/i
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 24, 2010
guy end the relationship and walk away from it before the relationship ends u and walk away from u the truth is painful but this is it undecided
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Isabella89: 11:01pm On May 24, 2010
Tell me how can you be that besotted to somebody who only cares more about living up to the joneses than she cares about you? She has nothing and wants to live up,maintain faces and make people clap for her for nothing, better get yourself out of her silly grasp and find yourself a real domesticated woman who is down to earth and can help you build yourself. She doesn't even care about what happens to you and your mamma after the wedding and you are caring about making her happy and fulfilled in the eyes of her friends and family.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by honeric01(m): 11:08pm On May 24, 2010
You are in a wrong relationship bro, if both of you can't understand eachother at this stage, then it would be hard to do that after marriage, you have been together for 4 years, yet she is yet to understand situations, bro, you need to have a rethink, you sure need to have a rethink.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by mrofficial(m): 11:30pm On May 24, 2010
Marriage no be by force nowadays, cos most of this naija babes no get brain.

At the end she go dey find person wey she go marry even if na 1 room the man dey live. By den she go dey 35y  grin
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Nwaka77: 12:11am On May 25, 2010
mr.official:

Marriage no be by force nowadays, cos most of this naija babes no get brain.

At the end she go dey find person wey she go marry even if na 1 room the man dey live. By den she go dey 35y grin

Hmmmmm, are females in Naija that desperate? Anyways, it is the society they find themselves in. Here in America, who cares if you are married, single or divorced? It does not affect the price of groceries in the market neither is one stigmatized.

@ poster

Who is going to take care of your mother when you marry? If mama wil live with you and you plan on living in a two bedroom flat or house and mama sleeps in one room and you and your wifey in the other, when you guys have kid/s where is that child or children going to sleep?
Anyways, just plan everything properly. Good Luck with whatever you decide.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Isabella89: 12:29am On May 25, 2010
Think twice and hard too.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by mrofficial(m): 12:53am On May 25, 2010
Isabella89:

Official sweetie who is that jab directed at, me? With how things are in our country,will you blame a young female banker who was pressured out of Nigeria by her superiors (who don't care what she does as far as she brings deposits)and the banks customers(who want something before they can deposit).  Don't laugh at ladies like that okay Baby.

Nwaka that's no act of desperation dear, didn't you just mention,stigmatization. When everybody back home stresses your life and and your fellow Nigerians out there are looking down on you all for being single, you will be tempted to settle and have peace. You do agree that our system do have a problem when it comes to ladies and marriage,don't you? I mean sometimes I wonder about this?
The same society that does not permit a lady to propose to a man,looks down on a lady who was unfortunate to be married off the same time as her mates, the same society laughs and gossip wt elderly unmarried lady. Here I am trying to shine my eye a little (please laugh cos I am having fun here)
and Mr. Official will not allow me kuru mmiri togbo iko biko nu my people.

Whoever it may concern.  grin

Don't get that part.

Keep having fun. Remember say no time.

I do say, when i was a kid, I thought everyday would end in the field with me.  wink
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Ivynwa(f): 1:55am On May 25, 2010
lol
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Ivynwa(f): 1:57am On May 25, 2010
lol
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Isabella89: 5:10am On May 25, 2010
Don't worry, try talking sense into her! It may work.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by degubi(m): 7:46am On May 25, 2010
You had better call of the relationship before it destroys you. What rubbish! Someone who does not work wants to call the shots. If you love your future you had better look for a more fulfilling relationship. There are better ladies out there who are industrous and less extravagant. I do not care how long the relationship has being on if she has the audacity to make such a comment then she is not considerate which are qualities of a good wife. Leave her before you destroy your future.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by zap2(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2010
@poster--- It seems ur fiancee has many suitors who r quite more comfortable than u ar. thats obvious. Women shouldnt always dictate to us what to do and not what to av. if u r really considering marriage, u need the 2 bedroom and a small toks car to start with. Guy. jus take ur time, if this girl is truly meant to be ur wife , she'll stay. but jus try to do ur own thing and dont try to "steal" 4 her, na wa oh- her taste is too high. let her too go get a job.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by otokx(m): 8:30am On May 25, 2010
We guys are really to blame for putting up with a lot of nonsense all in the name of she will change when we know its an impossibility. The girl in question did the right thing as she has shown the mentality she is made off. There are other guys who can share the same mental construct she has so let her be. Guy but you fall my hand o, there is no question to be asked here. The sooner you get rid of her the better for you; some girls of nowadays i refuse to believe its all perhaps most are really a huge disappointment.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by zap2(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2010
Everybody likes comfort, especially women. thier most basic need is housing. I mean a flat, then a car is secondary. One wouldnt blame them. Who wan suffer- even u like beta tin. Where i disagree is going above ur means to please her. She is supposed to plan with u. THis kind of woman , u can neva satisfy her, even u get a mansion in lekki and buy her a hummer jeep. She still will believe u avnt done enough. I can tell u she is seriously considering other men that are quite more comfortable than u. i can bet a million naira on that.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Aproko(f): 8:57am On May 25, 2010
Isabella89:

I mean when will you guys stop being hard and somehow oppressive on us women in the name of culture, norms and what we should do and the box to fit into to please the whole Nigeria. Even the most confident of us still get boxed in by all these stigmas and stuffs just like I am almost doing. The posters fiancee is not left out too, the lady is only being influenced by the expectations of friends and is trying to live it up. There you are reminding me of the ticking clock too, should we marry ourselves or go marry men,so don't be too hard and judge me Baby.

then let her go get a job for Christ sake!! in 2 years she has contributed absolutely nothing to the guys growth and development! what am i saying, she hasnt even contributed to her own growth and development!

@ OP,

what role has this girl played in your life other than to milk you dry? let her earn some money and see if its easy spending it all to feed people sitting in an air conditioned hall. has she ever tried taking care of your mother? afterall, she has time on her hands. i bet she doesnt even visit to know how your mother is doing; and here you are asking us what to do?

you think when you empty your savings on the wedding and car and go home to drink garri, you think she will not finish you with insults? you better smell the coffe brew and get out of this torture you call love. and if you dont, i can bet your small ass will open another thread here asking how to leave his marriage.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by earthrealm(m): 9:55am On May 25, 2010
[size=18pt]y do fools fall in love [/size]

shakes heads n walks away
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by babsmii(m): 9:55am On May 25, 2010
in the real sense, i dont think you will find it very easy to save that much. so i think you should have a scale of preference and have your priority lined out else you'll  keep saving to get all that and before you know it you're 40.
but if you work in a bank, i believe it's easier for you to get a loan and work on for it, i know a family friend who has always wanted to get married at 27 and he is married now with a 3bedroom flat and a car.  he works in a bank too but the truth is all these are from loans and he intends to pay back in 3years in bank service, invest aside and resign to start a private business with his wife, isn't that cool
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Nobody: 9:59am On May 25, 2010
davidylan:

Maybe you shld read Aisha's comments. Sounds like you are not much different from the girlfriend in this issue.

If you guys weren't so hypocritical you'd look beyond your sentiments and see the reasoning behind my post! I certainly do not subscribe to the girl's manner of approach and she definitely doesn't have the right to judge because she's as good as useless herself!

But how can a grown up man who has been working and earning a reasonable pay for 5 whole years not be able to plan his life properly? So all the while he never knew that a day would come when he would need to get married, leave his mother's house, buy his own car and take care of his family? What was he thinking? That he would marry Obasanjo's daughter?

Clearly he needs to cut his coat according to his size and he might as well dump this idea of doing everything at once because he's not that rich! He also needs to set his priorities right! Maybe he's not ready to get married afterall . .  undecided
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by mrofficial(m): 10:05am On May 25, 2010
zap2:

Everybody likes comfort, especially women. thier most basic need is housing. I mean a flat, then a car is secondary. One wouldnt blame them. Who wan suffer- even u like beta tin. Where i disagree is going above your means to please her. She is supposed to plan with u. THis kind of woman , u can neva satisfy her, even u get a mansion in lekki and buy her a hummer jeep. She still will believe u avnt done enough. I can tell u she is seriously considering other men that are quite more comfortable than u. i can bet a million naira on that.

Well said.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by hayo(m): 10:06am On May 25, 2010
- I find it very hard to believe this tale by the moonlight.
In this age n time and men still fall for stupid girls like this? In ancient times, a man can marry a liability and people would even applause him. But the liability most likely wont look you in the face and dictate what you must do in the house cos u are like the Lord in the house. But this is the 21st century where women are now liberated and freed from the former prejudice. So, its either you marry a woman who has a source of income or one who is ambitious enough with hope of either getting a job or being enterprising. And she must be understanding too. Any woman you want to marry who has this trait you have described is going to leave u later for a wealthier man when you get broke which is a matter of time.
If your tale is true, then you must be a Mumu and thank God you have come to a place where blunt advices are given. Best of luck to you.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by harakiri(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2010
Any marriage that starts out like this is doomed from day one. We all know that money is essential in marriage but when it becomes the very "essence" of the marriage, then you might probably die of heart attack before you hit 45. You are my age mate and she is not comfortable with 2-bedroom flat.What will happen when you are 40 and don't have a house in VGC?She will nag at you consistently until your life becomes so miserable and the only place of comfort will be the bar where you drink yourself to stupor each nite so that you are immune to her constant rantings.This kind of woman will not only use the children against you, she will also turn them against you.Everything will be about money, money, money.She will deny you seXXx if you don't give in to her money money money demands.By the time you are between 35-38, you will ask yourself why you "rushed" into marriage.

You are still young and if you get married in your mid or late thirties, nobody will say you married late coz life and time as we know it as changed.20 years ago, an unmarried man of your age would be seen as irresponsible but today, some will actually ask you what the mad hurry is. Marriage is not all that my friend.Take a chill pill, work some more, enjoy your youth and money to the fullest before you consider tying yourself down to an ingrate that will bring nothing but unhappiness to your life.

I don talk finish.

End of!
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by tonyc2: 10:10am On May 25, 2010
[b][color=#990000]i had a very deep thought and had to be back on this thread
i think the posteer is not telling us the  whole story and truth!

How comeyou work in a 1st generation bank for 5 years  and cant afford the fund
these could be the reason to the posters predicament
the poster is an average income earner but he spends money on the lady lavishly all the years ,proberbly when ever he receives hismonth end package he take s her shopping and spend almost everthing that he has nothing to save ,all this have been happing through out tghe years and now he made   her believe there is more in his kitty, now things done set you cannot afford to leave her because you have spenta futune on her ,and she cannot accept your cuurent plan because she brags  with you amoungs her friends ,collegues and family member,

poster i have 3 solutions for u

1.tell her the truth of who u are ,what you are and what you have if she loves u she will accept but if she dosent
2.Dump Her but if you cannot afford to dump her
3.pick up a loan from your bank and do the wedding and then both of you will pay  for the rest of your lives  Heheheheheheheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/color]Monkey love[/b]
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Olaolufred(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2010
@ Poster'

I had same experience. Just quit mine.

That is the only solution.

I sat down and weigh the whole Issue.

I discovered i love her sooo much. She is aware of that.

But i also discovered she did not love me anyway.

I know you must have been given her all the monies she needed.

But, she has nothing to lose. But you have all to lose.

So, the choice is yours.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by badoomusoo: 10:17am On May 25, 2010
IMO the poster would have saved more if he didnt have a liability for a baggage
and now he wants to make that load permanent undecided

*shakes head in dismay*
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by harakiri(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2010
tony.c:

[b][color=#990000]i had a very deep thought and had to be back on this thread
i think the posteer is not telling us the  whole story and truth!

How comeyou work in a 1st generation bank for 5 years  and cant afford the fund
these could be the reason to the posters predicament
the poster is an average income earner but he spends money on the lady lavishly all the years ,proberbly when ever he receives hismonth end package he take s her shopping and spend almost everthing that he has nothing to save ,all this have been happing through out tghe years and now he made   her believe there is more in his kitty, now things done set you cannot afford to leave her because you have spenta futune on her ,and she cannot accept your cuurent plan because she brags  with you amoungs her friends ,collegues and family member,

poster i have 3 solutions for u

1.tell her the truth of who u are ,what you are and what you have if she loves u she will accept but if she dosent
2.Dump Her but if you cannot afford to dump her
3.pick up a loan from your bank and do the wedding and then both of you will pay  for the rest of your lives  Heheheheheheheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/color]Monkey love[/b]

Emmm (***clears throat***)

He might be making good money as a banker but you might want to consider that he may have other financial constraints tapping into his funds e.g taking care of siblings,relatives and others.Also, the woman in question may be digging deep into his pockets.Take into consideration that he might be investing a large chuck of his earnings in stocks/shares or some other investment.On top of that 9ja is a very expensive place to live in and there are expenses you make each month that make your salary seem pointless e.g i don't know about you but i spend at least N3,000 to fuel generators in my office and home each day.Calculate 3k times 30 days = N90,000 on generators alone minus servicing.A lot of bankers don't even make that much in a month.Unless he lives in his momma's house,feeds from there,doesn't drink and smoke heavily like i do and doesn't spend a dime for his girlfriend, and wears his dad's old clothes. . .he has bills to pay.

Free the guy.
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Nobody: 10:34am On May 25, 2010
harakiri:

Emmm (***clears throat***)

He might be making good money as a banker but you might want to consider that he may have other financial constraints tapping into his funds e.g taking care of siblings,relatives and others.Also, the woman in question may be digging deep into his pockets.Take into consideration that he might be investing a large chuck of his earnings in stocks/shares or some other investment.On top of that 9ja is a very expensive place to live in and there are expenses you make each month that make your salary seem pointless e.g i don't know about you but i spend at least N3,000 to fuel generators in my office and home each day.Calculate 3k times 30 days = N90,000 on generators alone minus servicing.A lot of bankers don't even make that much in a month.Unless he lives in his momma's house,feeds from there,doesn't drink and smoke heavily like i do and doesn't spend a dime for his girlfriend, and wears his dad's old clothes. . .he has bills to pay.

Free the guy.

Yea free the guy . . . blame it all on the girl!

It's her fault the guys doesn't know how to cut his coat according to his size!

It's her fault the guys spends money on irrelevant things he can't really afford!

Oh, let's not also forget that it's her fault the guy, after all these years, still doesn't understand the concept of one thing at a time!

Yea, let's curcify her, she's a terrible terrible person! undecided
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by Busybody2(f): 10:38am On May 25, 2010
badoomusoo:

IMO the poster would have saved more if he didnt have a liability for a baggage
and now he wants to make that load permanent undecided

*shakes head in dismay*

Exactly, he initially set aside N2m which she derided as not being enough, now N4m still ain't enough for the bloody jobless heifer angry I don't advocate violence, but would love to smack some senses into the OP's head sad What if you get laid off at work? See his mouth like love shior undecided

Isabella89:

How about this young man! I want to settle down too but does not need all that gliterrati, A small reception for 10( ten is even a crowd, I don't have time for all that crowded stuff, like it unpopulated and cool) in a seaside restaurant. It won't even cost up to a 100k, the corolla is just fine and you can even check out for something less expensive than that. We can still keep your momsie company in her house and for honeymoon,a weekend at the eko meridian with all those seaview will be the bomb! I am already getting excited.
    We will have fun investing all the remaining millions in real estate,we will buy land in two locations in lagos to be developed and rented.
    We will invest a bit in wall street stocks.
    Set up a business, selling designer wears, I will get contacts in the US that will be suppling us clothes that way we won't spend much air fare
    We will open other smaller businesses
This sounds jokey but I am a bit serious while trying to make a joke out of it.

Tell me how can you be that besotted to somebody who only cares more about living up to the joneses than she cares about you? I don't give a damn about the joneses that is the difference I am trying to make you see. She has nothing and wants to live up,maintain faces and make people clap for her for nothing, better get yourself out of her silly grasp and find yourself a real domesticated woman who is down to earth and can help you build yourself. She doesn't even care about what happens to you and your mamma after the wedding and you are caring about making her happy and fulfilled in the eyes of her friends and family.I am really interested o-o (if you like laugh) and I can be contacted for real at ogizina@yahoo.com, the only problem is that I am not in Nigeria right now and the only thing that can drag me home is seriousness from your end because as it is I don tire for Obodo oyibo sef and is missing Naija badly. Another hitch is that I am not wealthy too, if you don't mind,now smile everybody!

Ride on Sisthren, nothing do you cheesy I'll have some of what you are smoking too, seems its stronger than mine  tongue
Re: I Love Her But Should I Break Up With Her? by harakiri(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2010
Ujujoan:

Yea free the guy  . . . blame it all on the girl!

It's her fault the guys doesn't know how to cut his coat according to his size!

It's her fault the guys spends money on irrelevant things he can't really afford!

Oh, let's not also forget that it's her fault the guy, after all these years, still doesn't understand the concept of one thing at a time!

Yea, let's curcify her, she's a terrible terrible person!  undecided

Okay. grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must Marriage Be About Love? / Are You Still Excited About Marriage? / Can't Husbands Lovingly Lure Their Wives To Have Sex With Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.