Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,890 members, 7,872,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1719678 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (4194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
So this is an article from the Guardian from 15 years ago talking about how Britain would be submerged underwater by next year. grin. These are the kinds of things that the Obamas have sold to the people like GalacticHorde while buying multi million dollar mansions by the seaside. grin

In the article, the warning said before next year; now, these “experts” are saying twelve years from now. Believe these climate racketeers at your own peril.

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

Edit: I fixed the linked for everyone who wants to visit the original article themselves

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
stanech:
As per the Constitution, the House, not the speaker, has sole power of impeachment.
Trump is on solid legal ground, here.

Just listen to yourself,You will just be copying junk from right wing blogs..I guess na only pelosi dey house wey go impeach Trump isnt it? grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
happney65:

Just listen to yourself,You will just be copying junk from right wing blogs..I guess na only pelosi dey house wey go impeach Trump isnt it? grin grin

She should take a vote if the house approves then she can begin her charade. Why won't she just take the vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
Timbuktuo:
So this is an article from the Guardian from 15 years ago talking about how Britain would be submerged underwater by next year. grin. These are the kinds of things that the Obamas have sold to the people like GalacticHorde while buying multi million dollar mansions by the seaside. grin

In the article, the warning said before next year; now, these “experts” are saying twelve years from now. Believe these climate racketeers at your own peril.

Link: https://www..com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

A lot of scientist have disproved most of this climate change nonsense but they are being silenced.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
happney65:

I am shocked that some Nigerians support right wing media. I was even more shocked that someone linked brietbart here on nairaland.

Trump and his Nigerian Abobakus are suggesting that any enquiry or investigation must be voted upon by the whole house before the committees involved can commence.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
stanech:

She should take a vote if the house approves then she can begin her charade. Why won't she just take the vote.

I have asked you times without number to show me where it is written in the house rules that,that is what is to be done but you were not able to..so kindly stop repeating this falsehood and alternative reality..

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2019
wirinet:

I am shocked that some Nigerians support right wing media. I was even more shocked that someone linked brietbart here on nairaland.

Trump and his Nigerian Abobakus are suggesting that any enquiry or investigation must be voted upon by the whole house before the committees involved can commence.

shocked is an understatement..

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2019
happney65:

I have asked you times without number to show me where it is written in the house rules that,that is what is to be done but you were not able to..so kindly stop repeating this falsehood and alternative reality..

It is in common sense. It is the house that needs impeaches a president not the speaker of the house. And the only way the house takes decision is to vote on it. Trumps argument is that the speaker is not acting on behalf of the house. She has gone rogue. Even some in the left is calling her to take the vote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
happney65:

shocked is an understatement..
You want more shock? Now read this;

Trump made this comment a few hours ago referencing a tweet written by Luis Verlarde;

"They didn't help us in the Second World War, they didn't help us with Normandy," Trump said of the Kurds. He added, "With all of that being said, we like the Kurds."
https://mobile.twitter.com/luivelarde/status/1182041873856319488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-28237327723386237677.ampproject.net%2F1910071803120%2Fframe.html

I am surprised he did not mention the kurds helping them win the civil war.

And he boasts " in my great and unmatched wisdom"

Abeg my brother read the comments on the tweet, I have been laughing so loud, my wife thinks I have gone crazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
wirinet:

Trump made this comment a few hours ago referencing a tweet written by Luis Verlarde;

Abeg my brother read the comments on the tweet, I have been laughing so loud, my wife thinks I have gone crazy.
Trump is a complete clown cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
What do you all think about the new rape allegation against Matt Lauer?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
stanech:

A lot of scientist have disproved most of this climate change nonsense but they are being silenced.

Of course, I’m aware of this. The climate change emergency chorus is nothing but a racket. People are making bank just scaring dunces that the world will be submerged in x number of years. The truth, however, is that weather and climate extremes are a pattern that have been going on for millions of years. It is nothing new. Earth goes through a repeated cycle of ice and greenhouse ages. Ask the idiots, if there were humans in the last ice age, and if there weren’t humans, what caused the end of the last ice age. I’m sure they’ll stare at you in ignorance because CNN doesn’t go that far when twisting the alarm levers and controls.

The media daily spouts blatantly false information because idiots like GalacticHorde fail to use their brains

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Trapping(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
Anduku:

The Constitution also lays out the procedure to be followed by the house of Representatives in impeaching the president one of which is that they should hold a vote in the house authorizing impeachment proceedings before it can officially begin. This has not been done, so what is happening in the house now is not impeachment proceedings and that's why they are smartly calling it an inquiry instead of proceedings. In other words, they are still making inquiries to determine if they will begin impeachment proceedings against Trump and guess what? At this stage, the white house absolutely has the power of executive privilege over what their staff can do or not do. Trump knows this and he clearly intends to use that privilege to the fullest. Like someone told you earlier, Trump is smarter than you think, just sit back and watch, this movie is about to get interesting wink

Finish him!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 12:14am On Oct 10, 2019
Y'all go see living undocumented on Netflix to see the real life effect of our new racist immigration law in this country. To the blockheads comparing Obama immigration to Trump, y'all just STFU already. Trump and ICE are removing everybody without any or the slimmest chance of appeal.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Trump is inflicting a political wound on himself.

The constitution does not require anything other than a vote of the House on impeachment itself . Impeachment is a constitutional function of the House of Representatives. The HOR has a legitimate basis for investigation under both its oversight and impeachment authority. The President cannot direct the house on how to carry out those functions as they are a co-equal branch of government. Only when investigations are over does the constitution expressly mandate them to hold a vote.

Trump cannot legally choose not to co-operate because he does not like Pelosi or the democrats. A refusal to co-operate with a constitutionally mandated process can itself be an abuse of power. He can be impeached on that ground alone.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 10, 2019
Impeachment under the US constitution is a 3-step process.

First, the Congress investigates ( this is the stage we are right now with Trump). Investigation can begin at the House Judiciary committee or any other committee, depending on the issue(s) at stake.

Second,the HOR must pass by a simple majority the articles of impeachment. When this happens,the President is considered impeached.

Third, the US senate tries the accused. If he's convicted he's then removed from office. Conviction requires a two-thirds super majority of senators ( a very high bar) . This third phase has yet to happen in the history of this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Trapping(m): 4:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Timbuktuo:

Bro can you enlighten me on why you think Obama hypocritically wants to sell the climate change scam to the world. Are we being lied to about climate change?

Personally, I don't believe in this climate change story, not because I'm expert or I understand what it means, but simply because I see it as globalist agenda.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2019
Timbuktuo:

Of course, I’m aware of this. The climate change emergency chorus is nothing but a racket. People are making bank just scaring dunces that the world will be submerged in x number of years. The truth, however, is that weather and climate extremes are a pattern that have been going on for millions of years. It is nothing new. Earth goes through a repeated cycle of ice and greenhouse ages. Ask the idiots, if there were humans in the last ice age, and if there weren’t humans, what caused the end of the last ice age. I’m sure they’ll stare at you in ignorance because CNN doesn’t go that far when twisting the alarm levers and controls.

The media daily spouts blatantly false information because idiots like GalacticHorde fail to use their brains

There is no climate pattern that is occurring right now that hasn't happened in the past. But these alarmist will use it to scare the loonies. Like if there's too much rain it is climate change. No rain at all its climate change. Record cold climate change. Reford heat climate change. They don't even know what they are doing ..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 6:32am On Oct 10, 2019
Elizabeth Warren caught in another LIE about her long time ago Pregnancy and Teaching career. She claimed her job was given to someone else because she was 'visibly' pregnant. grin grin Her whole lie fits one pattern - And that is VICTIMHOOD

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2019
wirinet:

Am not sure he does not smoke something..Am not sure..Na his supporters with leaking brains I pity..How can someone be that foolish..Hunnn
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 6:43am On Oct 10, 2019
stanech:

There is no climate pattern that is occurring right now that hasn't happened in the past. But these alarmist will use it to scare the loonies. Like if there's too much rain it is climate change. No rain at all its climate change. Record cold climate change. Record heat climate change. They don't even know what they are doing ..

I remember when during the flood that took over Nigeria few years ago. There was a debate on TV and some clam was saying that the following year was going to be worse because of climate change. An old man very old told me that there won't be any flood that this same type of flood occurred when he was young. Turns out the old man wan right .. These climate junkies are just smiling to the bank at the expense of the ignorance of babies

Oh and Obama just bought a house by the beach. Is that not pretty bold from a man who thinks the climate is changing and the sea level is rising.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by stanech: 6:44am On Oct 10, 2019
obixcel:
Elizabeth Warren caught in another LIE about her long time ago Pregnancy and Teaching career. She claimed her job was given to someone else because she was 'visibly' pregnant. grin grin Her whole lie fits one pattern - And that is VICTIMHOOD

With biden going down the democrats are done. Biden was their only hope

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:07am On Oct 10, 2019
happney65:

Am not sure he does not smoke something..Am not sure..Na his supporters with leaking brains I pity..How can someone be that foolish..Hunnn
I think it goes beyond smoking something. Lots of people that smoke something make some degree of sense sometimes, Trump is permanently saying and doing dump things.

The latest is a few hours ago when asked about ISIS fighters escaping because of his Syria withdrawal.

Trump not worried about Isis fighters fleeing Syria because ‘they’re going to be escaping to Europe’
- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-isis-syria-turkey-europe-kurdish-allies-a9149796.html%3famp

Meaning ISIS is Europe's problem and not the US.

He even made more outlandish statements by conflating the peshmerga fighters (who were US allies) to PKK (he first said PKKey ) who are fighting turkey for independence with PKK a militant group fighting for kurds independence.

Does Trump not get any briefings from the state department, that is if he is unable to read?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2019
Timbuktuo:

Lol, you should see this one from from 30 years ago grin,
climate racketeers!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2019
Trapping:

Bro can you enlighten me on why you think Obama hypocritically wants to sell the climate change scam to the world. Are we being lied to about climate change?

Personally, I don't believe in this climate change story, not because I'm expert or I understand what it means, but simply because I see it as globalist agenda.

Obama ke? Was it Obama that started the cry for climate change? When Al Gore wrote his book "an inconvenient Truth" in 2006, Obama was no where near the white house. You guys are so obsessed with Obama.

Now are you guys saying that human activities have no impact on the environment?

Are you saying that humans pumping CO2 (a green house gas) into the atmosphere since the industrial revolution from industrial engines and cars would have no effect on the environment?

Are you insinuating that clearing trees of millions of hectares of land for human habitation, farms and factories would have no effect whatsoever on the environment?

Are you insinuating that the increase of human population from 1 billion in 1800 to almost 8 billion today will not have an impact on the environment?

Are you saying that the desertification of Northern Nigeria and the massive soil erosion going on in eastern Nigeria are all normal climatic changes?

Please explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2019
Timbuktuo:

Although the site is not opening, from what I can gleam from the screenshot you posted, the report was just what we call junk journalism.

It's says;
"A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by the Observer (mind you this paper is The Guardian ), warns ....."

Now read this slowly and tell me if it says anything that makes sense. A secret report that was suppressed by defence chiefs, but was able to be obtained by the Observer. How do you verify such stories?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by happney65: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2019
wirinet:

I think it goes beyond smoking something. Lots of people that smoke something make some degree of sense sometimes, Trump is permanently saying and doing dump things.

The latest is a few hours ago when asked about ISIS fighters escaping because of his Syria withdrawal.

Trump not worried about Isis fighters fleeing Syria because ‘they’re going to be escaping to Europe’
- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-isis-syria-turkey-europe-kurdish-allies-a9149796.html%3famp

Meaning ISIS is Europe's problem and not the US.

He even made more outlandish statements by conflating the peshmerga fighters (who were US allies) to PKK (he first said PKKey ) who are fighting turkey for independence with PKK a militant group fighting for kurds independence.

Does Trump not get any briefings from the state department, that is if he is unable to read?

Does he?He does not..Turkey already called his bluff when he said he will destroy turkey economically if they attacks the kurds which is already happening..Erdorgan already knows he is a stupid man who behaves like a baby,so he called off his bluff...so when I see his supporters trying so hard to support him,they sound stupid and foolish at the same time..Like father,like son.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 7:43am On Oct 10, 2019
wirinet:

But you're not shocked that some Nigerians like you support your fake news left wing media Breitbart has more credibility than CNN these days

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 7:53am On Oct 10, 2019
coluka:

Lol, you should see this one from from 30 years ago grin,
climate racketeers!!
It's obvious the modern day climate alarmists are scams, they are just using it to achieve political ends. How do you explain people spending 7 hours on CNN talking about how plastic straws, burgers, beef, cars and flying in planes is causing climate change and the next day they are all seen using plastic straws at a fair, they are pictured eating burgers all over the place, they all participate in a steak fry in iowa where they ate beef with relish and they still drive and fly all over the country in carbon emitting vehicles. No explanation for that except that even they themselves don't believe in the hoax they are selling to the public.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 8:14am On Oct 10, 2019
coluka:

But you're not shocked that some Nigerians like you support your fake news left wing media Breitbart has more credibility than CNN these days

Breitbart is junk media you loonie. They are censured in Germany and Holland after reporting an Islamic terror attack that never happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Timbuktuo: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2019
Kophschmerze:
Y'all go see living undocumented on Netflix to see the real life effect of our new racist immigration law in this country. To the blockheads comparing Obama immigration to Trump, y'all just STFU already. Trump and ICE are removing everybody without any or the slimmest chance of appeal.

Nobody is forced to break into another person’s premises. It is not by force to enter US. It is not the only country on earth. Canada sef dey dia. If illegal immigrants find the US immigration laws and policies too tough to live with they are free to leave. The US is under zero obligations to make life comfortable for law breakers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by coluka: 8:19am On Oct 10, 2019
Kophschmerzen:

Breitbart is junk media you loonie. They are censured in Germany and Holland after reporting an Islamic terror attack that never happened.
They still have more credibility than CNN and your entire fake news leftist media you loonie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (4194) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.