Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,299 members, 7,894,267 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:01 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1763375 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4241) (4242) (4243) (4244) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:13am
Decided to watch this rambling mess of a speech. What a mess!

But, by the looks of it, a lot of Republicans are having a great time.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:33am
basilico:

Ad usual you have experience in everything.
You have been to the moon too?

Sat after the shooting one of my boys asked if I had bought DJT( (he can't due to his Job), thought it would go up on the goodwill. I agreed. Easy call. But missed it in after hours trading. Didn't think to short it as I generally don't short plus just wanted to make a quick turnaround.

But if you spent less time posting bullshit about a country you don't live, you might know what a short position is.
And get you some friends with money so you can talk about money.

#noliesoverhere

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:35am
Is Joe Biden resigning without endorsing Kamala?
He better.
Arizona has ruled voters must produce some ID. Last time they stopped counting, then Joe got a massive spike in the wee hours of the morning to take the lead.
The Marc Elias group don't want voter integrity.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:37am
ijebosb:

Sat after the shooting one of my boys asked if I had bought DJT( (he can't due to his Job), thought it would go up on the goodwill. I agreed. Easy call. But missed it in after hours trading. Didn't think to short it as I generally don't short plus just wanted to make a quick turnaround.

But if you spent less time posting bullshit about a country you don't live, you might know what a short position is.
And get you some friends with money so you can talk about money.

#noliesoverhere

Well there was a group that shorted it on Friday. Then they refiled on Monday saying it was an error.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:41am
basilico:

Well there was a group that shorted it on Friday. Then they refiled on Monday saying it was an error.

If they shorted it friday, they would have lost money on Monday, at least Monday morning.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:48am
Joy Reid suggests the Trump assassination was staged.
Alex Jones was fined billions for a similar claim.
They should sue this bitch if there is equal justice.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:50am
ijebosb:

If they shorted it friday, they would have lost money on Monday, at least Monday morning.

I was asking would they have made money if God forbid the worst happened on Saturday?

https://finbold.com/trump-stock-shorted-heavily-day-before-assassination-attempt/

However, a fact bound to raise a few questions is that short positions against Truth Social stock doubled between July 1 and July 12, going from 7 to 15 million shares, in what was a record of shares shorted for DJT stock since its trading debut.

This surge indicates that individuals or large organizations anticipated a significant drop in the stock’s value by July 15, a scenario that would likely have materialized had President Trump died in Pennsylvania.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 5:07am
basilico:

I was asking would they have made money if God forbid the worst happened on Saturday?

https://finbold.com/trump-stock-shorted-heavily-day-before-assassination-attempt/

However, a fact bound to raise a few questions is that short positions against Truth Social stock doubled between July 1 and July 12, going from 7 to 15 million shares, in what was a record of shares shorted for DJT stock since its trading debut.

This surge indicates that individuals or large organizations anticipated a significant drop in the stock’s value by July 15, a scenario that would likely have materialized had President Trump died in Pennsylvania.

Dude spend some time googling Shorts.

When shorting you are gambling the price on the Stock will go lower. You are basically borrowing a stock and selling it at the current price. Fri. the price was 31.
So if the price drops to say 25. You can buy it back at the price and return the borrowed share. So, you would make $6 per share.
If Trump was shot, DJT would probably bounce in the short term (as it did now), knowing how nutty Trumpers are. It's 38. So, the person who took the short position would have lost $7 per share right now.
But they can hold on to the short position, maybe in the long term it would drop as he is the driver of the Stock. But that's a gamble.
But others may have different thesis of what would happen. I'm sure people can argue both sides.

But DJT is going to crash. It is overvalued. A short position on it is nothing out of the ordinary.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 5:45am
ijebosb:

Dude spend some time googling Shorts.

When shorting you are gambling the price on the Stock will go lower. You are basically borrowing a stock and selling it at the current price. Fri. the price was 31.
So if the price drops to say 25. You can buy it back at the price and return the borrowed share. So, you would make $6 per share.
If Trump was shot, DJT would probably bounce in the short term (as it did now), knowing how nutty Trumpers are. It's 38. So, the person who took the short position would have lost $7 per share right now.
But they can hold on to the short position, maybe in the long term it would drop as he is the driver of the Stock. But that's a gamble.
But others may have different thesis of what would happen. I'm sure people can argue both sides.

But DJT is going to crash. It is overvalued. A short position on it is nothing out of the ordinary.

I do have a rough idea of shorting stocks,
We shall revisit this on another day in the future.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:43am
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 6:58am
Budaatum is quite as Leeds burn. That's a sniper of what's to come when police starts to run away you know the country is in trouble

(1) (2) (3) ... (4241) (4242) (4243) (4244) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca, Jamiuokolaa and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.