Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,028 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:49 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1746991 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (4230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 2:08am On Apr 29, 2020
That's why you are a zero IQ zombie!

You either haven't been through immigration system or you are new or just a liar! My US passport says legal lomo latile!

People who came here to give birth or just for treatment on medical tourist visa and then met and married US citizens went through adjustments and became citizens.

There also people who came to visit their family members and decided to stay and have become citizens also.

Most of the people I know first came as visitors/tourists before going on to become citizens.

Many programs are canceled and new ones introduced in the last 3 years that are different, but for most naturalized US citizens I know, it's been through tourist/visitor's visa.
whitelotus:

See people who have no idea how immigration works!! Is it that you haven't travelled or that you are illegal immigrants?

If you travel with a tourist visa, you aren't allowed to work. If you want to change to a work visa, you have to fly back to your home country and process a work visa.

Students have it easier because they are allowed to work on a student visa. Students can even apply to convert their visa to a working visa when they graduate and if they get a sponsor company.

You are both ignorant

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by whitelotus: 2:15am On Apr 29, 2020
wowcatty:
That's why you are a zero IQ zombie!

You either haven't been through immigration system or you are new or just a liar! My US passport says legal lomo latile!

People who came here to give birth or just for treatment on medical tourist visa and then met and married US citizens went through adjustments and became citizens.

There also people who came to visit their family members and decided to stay and have become citizens also.

Most of the people I know first came as visitors/tourists before going on to become citizens.

Many programs are canceled and new ones introduced in the last 3 years that are different, but for most naturalized US citizens I know, it's been through tourist/visitor's visa.

Ogbeni, we are talking about Melania trump and how she got work when she entered with a visiting visa.

You cannot follow simple logic.

You are here talking about anchor babies and arranged marriage.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 4:45am On Apr 29, 2020
You are just an iddiot for saying what you don't know.

Most immigrants who are US citizens today came to the country as tourists/visitors and never went back anywhere before getting work permits renewable after 60 or 90 days and then green card before the pali. This is a first hand account and not story.

You are the ignorant one here, so stop talking nonsense!
whitelotus:

See people who have no idea how immigration works!! Is it that you haven't travelled or that you are illegal immigrants?

If you travel with a tourist visa, you aren't allowed to work. If you want to change to a work visa, you have to fly back to your home country and process a work visa.

Students have it easier because they are allowed to work on a student visa. Students can even apply to convert their visa to a working visa when they graduate and if they get a sponsor company.

You are both ignorant

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 4:58am On Apr 29, 2020
Girl! How is Melania different from others when I just said most people came to America with tourist/visitor visas?

I can't follow your liberal kind of logic cos it's twisted and makes no sense!

Anchor babies or not, they are US citizens! And who told you that an immigrant marrying a citizen can't be for love?

So much for you falling over to sound smart!
whitelotus:

Ogbeni, we are talking about Melania trump and how she got work when she entered with a visiting visa.

8 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 5:02am On Apr 29, 2020
whitelotus:

The funny thing the guy you quoted was trying to say is that everybody is welcome as an illegal immigrant so far they transit into a legal immigrant anyhow..he said he was once one but exploited the weak or rather generous immigration system of the united states to become legal,now he wants everybody to do same.
Isnt it funny that this is one of those retards chanting build the wall and supporting their lord and saviour against same immigrants he once was.
HYPOCRITES!!!!!!.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 5:24am On Apr 29, 2020
Look at this egbere gbesani!

You loser have shifted the goal post!

Good you know that US has a generous immigration system yet you still want people to come into the country through the illegal route where 10 year old girl has 5 different sperm dna in her vagina and her parents have to give her contraceptives for the journeys through the jungle. What about human smuggling and drugs?

America is a land of migrants but it must be done according to law!

The hell has to be empty since all you evil souls are now among humans!

See bozo! There is nothing wrong with visiting a place and then decide to perfect your papers to enable you live and work there legally. This is called naturalization process and that's part of immigration. Legal immigration is great, I don't ever want to be where I'm not wanted. Btw, you sound pain, seems you don't have your blue pali yet!

I hope you learned something today!
CutieKing:

The funny thing the guy you quoted was trying to say is that everybody is welcome as an illegal immigrant so far they transit into a legal immigrant anyhow..he said he was once one but exploited the weak or rather generous immigration system of the united states to become legal,now he wants everybody to do same.
Isnt it funny that this is one of those retards chanting build the wall and supporting their lord and saviour against same immigrants he once was.
HYPOCRITES!!!!!!.

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 29, 2020
whitelotus:

You are both ignorant
If an organisation is ready to hire they’ll sort it out on your behalf that’s my point. As long as you came in legally in the first place.

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 29, 2020
whitelotus:

You are both ignorant

https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/change-my-nonimmigrant-status

You know how immigration works even more than the USCIS.

“Change My Nonimmigrant Status
If you want to change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires. For instance, if you arrived here as a tourist but want to become a student, you must submit an application to change your status. We recommend that you apply as soon as you determine that you need to change to a different nonimmigrant category.

Until you receive approval from USCIS, do not assume the status has been approved, and do not change your activity in the United States. For example, if you are currently a nonimmigrant tourist, do not begin attending school as a student until you have received authorization from USCIS to change your status. If you fail to maintain your nonimmigrant status, you may be barred from returning to and/or removed (deported) from the United States. Your authorized status and the date your status expires can be found in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record.

In general, you may apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you were lawfully admitted to the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, your nonimmigrant status remains valid, you have not violated the conditions of your status, and you have not committed any crimes that would make you ineligible.”

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wirinet(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2020
CutieKing:

HYPOCRITES!!!!!!.

That's called pulling down the ladder after using it to climb, so others can't use it to reach your heights. Ironically, that's the attitude of most black Africans. It is also called pull him down or village people syndrome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by whitelotus: 8:51am On Apr 29, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

https://www.uscis.gov/visit-united-states/change-my-nonimmigrant-status

You know how immigration works even more than the USCIS.

“Change My Nonimmigrant Status
If you want to change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires. For instance, if you arrived here as a tourist but want to become a student, you must submit an application to change your status. We recommend that you apply as soon as you determine that you need to change to a different nonimmigrant category.

Until you receive approval from USCIS, do not assume the status has been approved, and do not change your activity in the United States. For example, if you are currently a nonimmigrant tourist, do not begin attending school as a student until you have received authorization from USCIS to change your status. If you fail to maintain your nonimmigrant status, you may be barred from returning to and/or removed (deported) from the United States. Your authorized status and the date your status expires can be found in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record.

In general, you may apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you were lawfully admitted to the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, your nonimmigrant status remains valid, you have not violated the conditions of your status, and you have not committed any crimes that would make you ineligible.”

This is how many lawyers scam Nigerians who end up paying over 15,000 dollars to change their tourist visa to working visa.

Note that I didnt say that you cannot change your tourist visa to working visa. My point is that you would have to travel to your home country to apply.

The reason is that changing your tourist visa to working visa can take from anywhere from 1.5 years to infinity. It also will cost you more as you will need to pay lawyer fees and different immigration fees. These will cost you a minimum of 15,000 dollars. Because you will also have to prove that you can sustain yourself before your salary kicks in.

You also have to have a sponsoring company that would have to make many applications on your behalf. They would have to prove that there is no American to do the job and why they want you for the job.

So, not only would your tourist visa likely run out before your application comes through, you might also not have enough money to even finish the application. That is even assuming that your company sponsor even chooses to apply for you.

Dont be ignorant
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by whitelotus: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

If an organisation is ready to hire they’ll sort it out on your behalf that’s my point. As long as you came in legally in the first place.

This is how many lawyers scam Nigerians who end up paying over 15,000 dollars to change their tourist visa to working visa.

Note that I didnt say that you cannot change your tourist visa to working visa. My point is that you would have to travel to your home country to apply.

The reason is that changing your tourist visa to working visa can take from anywhere from 1.5 years to infinity. It also will cost you more as you will need to pay lawyer fees and different immigration fees. These will cost you a minimum of 15,000 dollars. Because you will also have to prove that you can sustain yourself before your salary kicks in.

You also have to have a sponsoring company that would have to make many applications on your behalf. They would have to prove that there is no American to do the job and why they want you for the job.

So, not only would your tourist visa likely run out before your application comes through, you might also not have enough money to even finish the application. That is even assuming that your company sponsor even chooses to apply for you.

Dont be ignorant
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by whitelotus: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2020
wowcatty:
You are just an iddiot for saying what you don't know.

Most immigrants who are US citizens today came to the country as tourists/visitors and never went back anywhere before getting work permits renewable after 60 or 90 days and then green card before the pali. This is a first hand account and not story.

You are the ignorant one here, so stop talking nonsense!

Dont be ignorant
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by whitelotus: 8:54am On Apr 29, 2020
CutieKing:

HYPOCRITES!!!!!!.

The guy is an illegal immigrant that did arranged marriage. grin

And he is a trump supporter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2020
CutieKing:

HYPOCRITES!!!!!!.
don't insult actual people by calling that thing a guy, to me its an "it" or an "animal" but because it has received carte blanche from one of the mods or maybe an alternate account of on of the mods it is allowed to roam unchecked and glorify itself while wallowing in its insanity, I don't quote it anymore but it knows itself and the most respectful title to address it with is now and forever "animal" till something more fitting comes up (with all due respect and apologies to actual animals)

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2020
whitelotus:

The guy is an illegal immigrant that did arranged marriage. grin

And he is a trump supporter

As in, I can't believe my eyes grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2020
fieryy:

As in, I can't believe my eyes grin grin grin
the hypocrisy of it ehn! cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy only repugnantcans can be so blatantly and senselessly hypocritical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2020
GalaticHorde:
the hypocrisy of it ehn! cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy only repugnantcans can be so blatantly and senselessly hypocritical

Lmaooo, and he still has the nerve to defend himself grin What a hypocrite grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by GalaticHorde: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2020
fieryy:

Lmaooo, and he still has the nerve to defend himself grin What a hypocrite grin
mail order groom cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin chai! Some pipu wee not keeee me hia!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2020
CutieKing:

See nonsense this one wrote...how many trump endorsed candidates have won elections since 2018 versus those that have lost??.
You people should use your common sense for once now and stop swallowing everything your lord and saviour does or says.
Lol, I don't even know where to start dissecting this your pile of cow dung of a post. Is it the irony of a liberal asking people to use their common sense when liberals don't have any to begin with? or is it the total missing of the point that has become your trademark? The point I made was the political irrelevance of Jeff flake's decision to not vote for Trump being that he has never supported Trump in the first place and his inability to even retain his Senate seat in his own state because of his opposition to Trump. Now if you are not countering my point or saying that I am wrong about the irrelevance of Jeff flake's decision then I really wonder what all the gibberish you wrote is all about. Read the post I responded to, read my response then read your own post and see how you totally went off the mark on the issue being discussed. And you have the nerve to accuse me of writing nonsense when your own post is a pile of nonsensical rantings totally irrelevant to the issue I was talking about?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 11:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Remember the woman who told the media that Trump killed her husband after her husband allegedly drank fish tank cleaner containing chloroquine phosphate at Trump’s urging? Police are now investigating whether she deliberately killed her husband.

Police department’s homicide division investigating case of man who died after ingesting fish-tank cleaner

The Mesa City Police Department’s homicide division is investigating the death of Gary Lenius, the Arizona man whose wife served him soda mixed with fish tank cleaner in what she claimed was a bid to fend off the coronavirus. A detective handling the case confirmed the investigation to the Washington Free Beacon on Tuesday after requesting a recording of the Free Beacon’s interviews with Lenius’s wife, Wanda.

Campaign finance records show that Wanda Lenius has given thousands of dollars to Democratic groups and candidates over the past two years, most recently to the 314 Action Fund. The group bills itself as the “pro-science resistance” and has criticized the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, holding up the Lenius case to slam the White House.

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/police-investigating-death-of-arizona-man-from-chloroquine-phosphate/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
GalaticHorde:
mail order groom cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin chai! Some pipu wee not keeee me hia!

Keee 'me' ke? It's keee us o grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OjoMadiba: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
Fake and lies, Politico have said President Trump does not owe the bank penny.
ijedeikorodu:
Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/trump-biden-china-debt-205475

Donald Trump is warning “China will own the United States” if Joe Biden is elected president.

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

Steps away from Trump Tower in Manhattan, the 43-story 1290 Avenue of the Americas skyscraper spans an entire city block. Trump owns a 30 percent stake in the property valued at more than $1 billion, making it one of the priciest addresses in his portfolio, according to his financial disclosures.

Trump’s ownership of the building received a smattering of attention before and after his 2016 campaign. But the arrangement with the Bank of China — and its impending due date in 2022 — has gone largely unnoticed.

The revelation complicates one of Trump’s emerging campaign attacks against Biden: that the former vice president would be a gift to the Communist country and America’s chief economic rival.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by OjoMadiba: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
Freedom coming for Gen. Flynn.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
wowcatty:
Look at this egbere gbesani!

You loser have shifted the goal post!

Good you know that US has a generous immigration system yet you still want people to come into the country through the illegal route where 10 year old girl has 5 different sperm dna in her vagina and her parents have to give her contraceptives for the journeys through the jungle. What about human smuggling and drugs?

America is a land of migrants but it must be done according to law!

The hell has to be empty since all you evil souls are now among humans!

See bozo! There is nothing wrong with visiting a place and then decide to perfect your papers to enable you live and work there legally. This is called naturalization process and that's part of immigration. Legal immigration is great, I don't ever want to be where I'm not wanted. Btw, you sound pain, seems you don't have your blue pali yet!

I hope you learned something today!

Look at this illegal immigrant talking about pains...only God knows how many dirty old hoes you dig before becoming legal.you think everybody was once in your position??.
What is the difference between you that flew into the country through airport(border) and those that drove through(border)?.
Both of are you are entering illegally so far your intentions is different from why you came.
Go hide your head in shame as you have no moral right to be among those shouting build the wall slogan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
OjoMadiba:
Freedom coming for Gen. Flynn.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
OjoMadiba:
Fake and lies, Politico have said President Trump does not owe the bank penny.

Nice of Politico to admit the error in reporting the news
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
wowcatty:
You busted nothing! He's right, you are wrong!

Trump has been a democrat all his life except when he was closed to trying to run for president in 1987 and then in 2001. Trump needed to be Republican to be president. In N.York where he was born and raised, being a Republican when you aren't ready to strike will get you destroyed. He became Republican to be president, the only party that allows you to choose your president, in democrat party, the deepstate choose for you.

Since you guys won't stop being stupid,I will continue to expose your folly one after the other.
Below is an official details of bill Clinton as president from 1993 to 2001 amd that of Donald Trump.
Please show me where Donald Trump was a Democrat during bill Clinton era.
You guys have to stop twisting facts to satisfy your nonsense narratives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Poll: Trump, Biden Tied in Ohio

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/04/28/poll-trump-biden-tied-in-ohio/

Former Vice President Joe Biden holds the slightest of leads over President Donald Trump in Ohio, according to a poll released on Monday that was conducted by Baldwin Wallace, Ohio Northern, and Oakland (Michigan) Universities.

Biden gets 44.9 percent to Trump’s 44.2 percent in the poll, which was conducted April 20-25.

Ohio was the one Rustbelt swing state that looked to be a relative shoo-in for Trump just months ago, as Robert Alexander, the founding director of Ohio Northern University’s Institute for Civics and Public Policy, noted.

Trump held a 4-point lead in Ohio over Biden in a Great Lakes Poll released in March.

“Ohio is absolutely critical for Trump to score another Electoral College victory this fall. Early on, many thought Ohio wouldn’t be in play,” Alexander said in a statement. “Biden running dead even with Trump in the Buckeye state counters this narrative.”

It will be nearly impossible for Trump to win re-election if he loses Ohio, and a majority of voters in Ohio believe the president took “too long” to start dealing with the coronavirus crisis. The poll found that 48 percent of voters in Ohio have an unfavorable view of Trump compared to 43 percent who view Trump favorably.

In addition, 69 percent of those surveyed disagree with the “liberate” protesters while another 65 disagree with Trump’s encouragement of the protests.

The poll was conduced by Baldwin and Wallace’s Research Institute, in partnership with Ohio Northern and Oakland (Michigan) universities, and its margin of error is +/- 3.7 percentage points.

Poll: Trump Net Approval on Coronavirus Response Hits New Low

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/04/28/poll-trump-net-approval-on-coronavirus-response-hits-new-low/

A majority of voters (51 percent) disapprove of how President Donald Trump is handling the coronavirus crisis, and Monday’s Morning Consult survey revealing that Trump is eight points underwater on the issue “marked Trump’s worst showing since tracking began at the end of February.”

The poll, conducted April 24-26 with a margin of error of +/- two percentage points, found that just 43 percent approve of how Trump is dealing with the coronavirus crisis.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
ijedeikorodu:

Nice of Politico to admit the error in reporting the news
More like the fake news media has been caught spreading lies about Trump for the umpteenth time and for the umpteenth time, gullible liberals like you were quick to rush here to spread the fake news without even taking time to read the story beyond the headlines.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CutieKing: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
garetz:

Lol, I don't even know where to dissecting this your pile of cow dung of a post. Is it the irony of a liberal asking people to use their common sense when liberals don't have any to begin with? or is it the total missing of the point that has become your trademark? The point I made was the political irrelevance of Jeff flake's decision to not vote for Trump being that he has never supported Trump in the first place and his inability to even retain his Senate seat in his own state because of his opposition to Trump. Now if you are not countering my point or saying that I am wrong about the irrelevance of Jeff flake's decision then I really wonder what all the gibberish you wrote is all about. Read the post I responded to, read my response then read your own post and see how you totally went off the mark on the issue being discussed. And you have the nerve to accuse me of writing nonsense when your own post is a pile of nonsensical rantings totally irrelevant to the issue I was talking about?

Am begining to think your posts here are truly copy and paste from somewhere because I can imagine how you will make a post and you are already forgetting you made same post.
According to you,jeff flake who has been a politician most of his life and winning elections before trump became president is now afraid of losing reelection because trump won't endorse him.how pitiful your logic can be.
I just point your attention to the fact trump endorsed candidates have been losing elections in droves and flake already said he was retiring from.pllitics to be with his family.his decision has nothing to do with whether trump supports him or not.
If your argument has any merit,what about paul Ryan who choose to retire from politics at a young age to be with his family,will you say he was afraid of reelection too because trump wasn't going to endorsed him??.
Man think with your head if you actually have one.
Current Ohio governor became governor without trump support,infact trump endorsed other candidate in that election..Am just pointing all this out to you because its evident you have short memories.
Over 70% of candidates endorsed by trump have all lost elections,so why do you now think his endorsement means anything to anybody??.
Wisconsin supreme court judge election few weeks ago is still fresh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by maasoap(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
garetz:

Are you alright? Are you just coming out from a bush or a cave? Something that has been confirmed long ago that the Arizona man and his wife actually drank fish tank cleaner and even the woman has admitted it yet you're here still peddling that they drank chloroquine? You better go get informed and stop posting outdated and thoroughly debunked fake news here. SMH

You should prove it here, Trump as$licker. Have you gotten your own disinfectant injection yet?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
Joe Biden wins Ohio primary, a test of mail-in voting

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-wins-ohio-primary-election-vote-by-mail/

Joe Biden has won Ohio's presidential primary, which was conducted by mail, CBS News projects. As of 8:30 p.m. ET, Biden had picked up 74 of Ohio's 136 pledged delegates. The rest of the delegates will be awarded as more votes are counted. So far, Biden has won 72% of the vote — 623,186 of the 860,347 ballots counted at this point, according to Ohio's secretary of state. Bernie Sanders won 17% support — he dropped his presidential bid in April, weeks after the primary was originally to take place.

Governor Mike DeWine delayed the primary, which had been scheduled for March 17, amid concerns about the coronavirus. Tuesday's results were a test of the ability of states to handle elections, including the upcoming general election. Several states have been trying to put together last-minute vote-by-mail primaries amid the coronavirus pandemic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (4230) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.