Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,841 members, 7,930,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87667 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by denitro(m): 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Can you all see the kind of morons I am talking about on NL, and why I am so fired up and still bring this topic up?

Can you see how they dismiss any of his achievements and then are quick to praise any white PE teacher with inferior achievements?

See the silly excuses and moronic points!

Please name one of Amodu's achievement, Have you ever thought to yourself why is it that he has been prevented from
taking the super eagles to the world cup on 2 occasions - There must be something wrong with him, That is the only
explanation,

white PE teacher with inferior achievements -
I want to be constructive, Let me name one achievement of Amodu,
Hmmmmmm, I can't becos 3rd place in a Nations cup is not an achievement,
Hmmmmmm, Beating France is not an achievement, China beat france too.
Hmmmmmm, Pls help me name one,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by denitro(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Are you retarded?

Do you use your brain to analyse before vomiting?

What target given to Amodu did he not meet? Tell me.

ARE YOU RETARDED?

Ha ha ha ha ha, Then why was he fired, Ha ha ha ha ha
If a manager meets a target and is fired what is that telling you, Ha ha ha ha ha ha,
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, This guy is so myopic, Ha ha ha ha
(fallen off computer chair)
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by denitro(m): 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2010
From wikipedia: This is not me talking read it yourself,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaibu_Amodu
Quote: from wikipedia
Coaching career
FROM WIKIPEDIA
He previously managed Nigeria from April 2001 to February 2002.[2]

Shaibu Amodu was appointed coach of Nigeria's Super Eagles in 2008, his fourth spell as Nigeria coach, taking over from Berti Vogts. It was he whom the administrators turned to when the Super Eagles faced elimination from qualifying for Japan/South Korea 2002 after the sacking of Dutchman Johannes Bonfrere. His successful tinkering of the team ensured that Nigeria made the Asian World Cup party but he was sacked after the team’s bronze-medal finish at AFCON 2002. He repeated this feat in 2009 by leading Nigeria to the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Just like in 2002, the team's third place finish led to Amodu being let go on 6 February 2010.[3]. After the dismal performance of the Super Eagles in the 2010 African Cup of Nations as a result of the obvious lack of Techniques from Amodu, he was demoted to serve as the coach of the Nigerian B-team (Home-Based Eagles).[4]
Reference (4)

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13759 NFF demote Amodu (kickoffnigeria.com)

After the dismal performance of the Super Eagles in the 2010 African Cup of Nations as a result of the obvious lack of Techniques from Amodu, he was demoted to serve as the coach of the Nigerian B-team (Home-Based Eagles).
Hmmmmm, I wonder what that means, (THINKING)
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
denitro:

Please name one of Amodu's achievement, Have you ever thought to yourself why is it that he has been prevented from
taking the super eagles to the world cup on 2 occasions - There must be something wrong with him, That is the only
explanation,  

white PE teacher with inferior achievements -
I want to be constructive,  Let me name one achievement of Amodu,
Hmmmmmm, I can't becos 3rd place in a Nations cup is not an achievement,
Hmmmmmm, Beating France is not an achievement, China beat france too.
Hmmmmmm, Pls help me name one,

You are retarded!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370005.0.html

denitro:

From wikipedia: This is not me talking read it yourself,
Quote: from wikipedia
Coaching career
FROM WIKIPEDIA
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13759 NFF demote Amodu (kickoffnigeria.com)

Showing me a wikipedia page with someone's opinion on Amodu shows that you are a dimwitted slowpoke!

Click on the link again (RIGHT NOW) and read that part you highlighted and you would know why it is so foolish of you to quote wiki of someones opinion. And why I am justified to refer to you as a slowpoke from now on.

I was the one that changed it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite, write on my bros!  I know one thing,the next match Lagerback better look like he is enthusiastic,give encouragment to players or be disgraced.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
Can we not discuss without insults?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sage(m): 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2010
Why are you guys not focusing on the more troubling issue of the decline of quality players coming from Nigeria?

Amodu is no coach and Lagerback might not be much better (we are gonna find out soon) but the bigger issue here points to the decline of quality players coming out of Naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2010
Amhatu:

Sagamite, write on my bros!  I know one thing,the next match Lagerback better look like he is enthusiastic,give encouragment to players or be disgraced.

I can only blame the coach minorly. Majorly, the players should take responsible for that. They are professionals.

All the coach can do is give them instructions, when the players get on the pitch, they need to act and show I am ready to die here. Our players are notorious for not showing this.

What I object to is someone coming here to say they have seen an improvement on that, based on yesterday's game.

Lawd have mercy on this white loving and respect, it surely is the medical pill for optimism.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by denitro(m): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Rationale
- He has delivered his mandate
- Our players are not that good. None of them would walk into the first team of the Top clubs (Man U, Barcelona, RM, Chelsea etc) in Europe. He got them playing to their ability most times (+ or -) but not to their potential (which I think takes time for any coach)
- His invitations, selections and team formations are good
- Most of our goals come in the second half and mostly after substitutions. So it is actually quite silly to say he makes no impacts or lacks tactical awareness
- If we had not had to play Mozambique before Tunisia, he would had not had this much heat and pressure. Mozambique have proven to be tough as even CIV could not beat them and Tunisia did not lose but where destroyed. They were out-classed, only one shot on goal, and I doubt anyone that knows about football and have seen Tunisia play would say they are not a good team.

Your rationale doesn't make sense,
I am confused,
No 1:  He delivered his mandate yet was sacked, any rational human being will study closely the reason for his sack,
No 2: Our players are not that good - I take that as an insult., And to further claim that None of them would walk into the first team of the Top clubs (Man U, Barcelona, RM, Chelsea etc) in Europe. Then you must be very objective or incredibly s***. I will take the latter,
Mikel Obi, Haruna, Enyeama stopping Messi goal bound shots can be compared to any world class goalkeeper in the world, Yobo, Martins, Aiyegbeni,
Osaze, Ike Uche are world class players and are not inferior to the likes of players in barca, Man U, etc,
No 3: Most of our goals come in the second half and mostly after substitutions. So it is actually quite silly to say he makes no impacts or lacks tactical awareness - (Let us analyse 3 of the toughest matches in the Nation cups)
1. Against Egypt - Oh Yes,  Our goal came in the 2nd half - (Retarded point) - After the 1st half, Amodu was clueless
2. Against Ghana - Oh Yes,  Our goal came in the 2nd half - (Retarded point) - After the 1st half, Amodu was clueless
3. against Zambia Oh Yes,  Our goal came in the 2nd half - (Retarded point) - After the 1st half, Amodu was clueless
! agree with your 4th point, In my book, 1 /4 is 25% is that is NOT GOOD ENOUGH, PLS GET BETTER POINTS,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2010
Yesterday we had:

Poor touch!

Poor passes!

Poor shooting!

Argies closing down and we losing the ball!

Poor marking!

Even poor throw ins for god sake!

Poor team work!

Lousy freekicks and corner kicks! (A friend on mine said the worst he had seen in his life)

Players not running into the box!

Keeper saving our arse after repeated penetrations!

Players waiting for the ball when passed to them and letting Argies intercept!

Predictable team list and formation!

And no willingness to compete for most parts of the game!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2010
denitro, Taiwo very good to at Marseille,France.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
If we had not had to play Mozambique before Tunisia, he would had not had this much heat and pressure. Mozambique have proven to be tough as even CIV could not beat them and Tunisia did not lose but where destroyed. They were out-classed, only one shot on goal, and I doubt anyone that knows about football and have seen Tunisia play would say they are not a good team

Mozambique is a high altitude region (thin air) and every team thought they should just turn up and play, knowing that most team had to arrive in South Africa just to climatise this was my Mozambique played a major part in who qualifies to the WC
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2010
sage:

Why are you guys not focusing on the more troubling issue of the decline of quality players coming from Nigeria?

Amodu is no coach and Lagerback might not be much better (we are gonna find out soon) but the bigger issue here points to the decline of quality players coming out of Naija

Quality players abound in Nigeria. The problem is that we are not harnessing our young talent and featuring them in the National team. You don't have to wait till our young talent age before we introduce them; you feature them right away and mix them with the experienced and fit players. You don't choose people like Yobo, Kanu, Shittu, and the rest just because they are on the roster of some foreign team, especially if they never play or rarely play, which means that they will be invariably unfit. This World Cup should have been the opportunity to expose some of our young talent so they can have the experience ahead of the next World Cup. But no, they are bringing Yobo and Kanu, players who have passed their prime. I would have loved to see how our preeminent "youngsters" like Stanley Okoro and Sani Emmanuel would have fared on the world stage if given a chance. People forget that Ronaldo was taken to USA '94 when he was 18 or so. At least we know they can run for 90 minutes.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
Yesterday we had:

Poor touch!

Poor passes!

Poor shooting!

Argies closing down and we losing the ball!

Poor marking!

Even poor throw ins for god sake!

Poor team work!

Lousy freekicks and corner kicks! (A friend on mine said the worst he had seen in his life)

Players not running into the box!

Keeper saving our arse after repeated penetrations!

Players waiting for the ball when passed to them and letting Argies intercept!

Predictable team list and formation!

And no willingness to compete for most parts of the game!

Thats what you get when you a take knife to a gun fight!!!   Our age cheating is catching up with us very fast how do you expect an old man to run an average of 10 miles per game
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
omar22:

Thats what you get when you a take knife to a gun fight!!!   Our age cheating is catching up with us very fast how do you expect an old man to run an average of 10 miles per game

So if what you are saying is true, and assuming it's true, then the bulk of our team should have been our "U-17" players; at least we can safely assume that they are not older than 25. And whatever their age is, we at least know they can run for 90 mins.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
So if what you are saying is true, and assuming it's true, then the bulk of our team should have been our "U-17" players; at least we can safely assume that they are not older than 25.

Look Agahowa and Xavi both played in Nigeria 99, the Agahowa i saw at Wigan 2 seasons ago looked like a player who started playing the same time Rashidi Yekini started playing, David Moyes of Everton now is making fun of Yakubu's age, Avram Grant joking said Kanu is 55, but in his heart he would know that Kanu is not 33
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2010
;d
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sugomu

get a life u Arrow !

Yakubu showed more zeal than ever before, TT before he was injured showed he realized there is Echejile waiting to bench him if he messes up,

Kaita being put to replace him shows tactical nous of Lars going 4 broke, Osaze and Martins were full of energy, Shittu wasnt bad afterall neither was Yobo, THE PROBLEM WAS THE TIMID MIDFIELD THAT WASNT GOOD AT MARKING NOR CREATING CHANCES !

U might say f.ckall but Etuhu's ineptitude dulled Haruna's game.

Moreso Nsofor should ALWAYS come 4rm d bench, yet bringing Osaze 4rm d bench was a good one toø. Obasi to me is a wastepipe and I have alwazs said it . . .Enyeama was brilliant too because he didnt have some stewpid defenders obstructing his view !

Lagerback is one brilliant coach, mandarin or mongolian, only lowlifes like SUGOMU complain about skin colouq whilst being 2nd class citizens in oyinbo man's land . .dodoyö oshi !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2010
Princek12:

So if what you are saying is true, and assuming it's true, then the bulk of our team should have been our "U-17" players; at least we can safely assume that they are not older than 25. And whatever their age is, we at least know they can run for 90 mins.

grin grin grin Abeg prince no kill me wit laf. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
omar22:

Look Agahowa and Xavi both played in Nigeria 99, the Agahowa i saw at Wigan 2 seasons ago looked like a player who started playing the same time Rashidi Yekini started playing,  David Moyes of Everton now is making fun of Yakubu's age, Avram Grant joking said Kanu is 55, but in his heart he would know that Kanu is not 33
I am not disagreeing with you. All I am saying is that then we should start taking our U 17 teams since they will not be too old. I think, however, that Martins, Osaze, and Anichebe are their true ages, and ironically, they are among our fastest players.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sugomu

get a life u Arrow !

Yakubu showed more zeal than ever before, TT before he was injured showed he realized there is Echejile waiting to bench him if he messes up,

Kaita being put to replace him shows tactical nous of Lars going 4 broke, Osaze and Martins were full of energy, Shittu wasnt bad afterall neither was Yobo, THE PROBLEM WAS THE TIMID MIDFIELD THAT WASNT GOOD AT MARKING NOR CREATING CHANCES !

Moreso Nsofor should ALWAYS come 4rm d bench, yet bringing Osaze 4rm d bench was a good one toø. Obasi to me is a wastepipe and I have alwazs said it . . .Enyeama was brilliant too because he didnt have some stewpid defenders obstructing his view !

Lagerback is one brilliant coach, mandarin or mongolian, only lowlifes like SUGOMU complain about skin colouq whilst being 2nd class citizens in oyinbo man's land . .dodoyö oshi !

Dr Kitaun Take am easy. People are here to air their views and not get slagged off in the way you are doing now. Don''t take your frustrations of not being in oyinbo man's land out on others who are. We appreciate how the visa process can be difficult. Na one step at a time. small small.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
Anichebe

He would have made Demicheli and Samuel (Argies defenders) work for their money like Heskey did for England, Yakubu runs ass if he wearing a wet pampers
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
[quote author=Princek12 link=topic=452348.msg6206969#msg6206969 date=1276440620I am not disagreeing with you. All I am saying is that then we should start taking our U 17 teams since they will not be too old. I think, however, that Martins, Osaze, and Anichebe are their true ages, and ironically, they are among our fastest players.
[quote][/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh! @Princek12. na there I disagree with you. Martins can never be 25. All those quick pace you see him try to pull off is just to keep up with the scam. You'll see if he continues like that he may soon pull up a hamstring or seriously damage his ligaments in this competition and then before you know it he will try and recuperate for a few months and then play for a year or two and announce his retirement from active football at the age of 27 like his predecessors oliseh and co. Na only for naija na im 27 year old dey retire from football. Besides all that "anywhere belle face" pace that Martins has got is no use to us really. We need someone with a productive pace, controlled ad purposeful. Not the one wey go just dey run after ball for field because he hear say people wey dey play ball dey run afetr am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ajayi

what do u know ? I travelled last to where SUGOMU is in 1982, where were u then ? Frustration ko Amodusuckation ni !

BTW Sagamite and myself arent taking any of this personal, feel free to use Panadol Extra for our migraines !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Ajayi

what do u know ? I travelled last to where SUGOMU is in 1982, where were u then ? Frustration ko Amodusuckation ni !

BTW Sagamite and myself arent taking any of this personal, feel free to use Panadol Extra for our migraines !

You ain't got no clue dawg. All fingers are not equal-o my brother. Na 1982 na im you travel last? That says it all some of us don't talk of when we travel last we speak from where we are. As for Panadol extra, I no need am. Na advise i just give you bros. easy! cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ajayi

u are a confirmed retardo, I said I travelled last to UK then, does it mean UK is d only place worthy of visiting ? What would I gain naming other places I've been to ? Like NL gives a f.ck even if u have British 'P' . . .another nitwit!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sugomu

get a life u Arrow !

slowpoke, so you are saying Lagerback's squad selection and team selection is poor, you admit you were dominated but yet he is a "brilliant coach".

White arse kissing fooooool!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
omar22:

He would have made Demicheli and Samuel (Argies defenders) work for their money like Heskey did for England, Yakubu runs backside if he wearing a wet pampers

I am watching Ghana now and the UK commentators cannot help but comment that they fight for (I paraphrase) "every loose ball and 50:50s". That is commitment and hunger.

We let opposition have ball, chest, control and pass all day and morons like Dr Kissarse will say it was a brilliant display.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
you admit you were dominated but yet he is a "brilliant coach".

White arse kissing fooooool!

Inter Milan was dominated by Barcelona and Munich

Jose is fantastic coach
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2010
omar22:

Inter Milan was dominated by Barcelona and Munich

Jose is fantastic coach

Did Inter not play like if they were there to compete? They did not close down? They did not fight for 50:50s and loose balls?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ Sagamite

Quick question,

Do you know what Catenaccio is?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
Nope!

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (87) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus / What Does Handicap 2 (0) Mean / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.