Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87420 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

I am sure you knew it was a typo. it was meant to be "on" goal. Why make a big fuss about typo. You be Eng teacher?

Yes
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mamagee3(f): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
Nigerian Players are a bunch of disgrace!!!

And to think they weren't serious in the match. . .
undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
tayo_ast:

Yes
Good for you, then. I suggest you teach your students; I am not your student!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
mama-gee:

Nigerian Players are a bunch of disgrace!!!

And to think they weren't serious in the match. . .
undecided
CHei, Nigerian players don make mama-gee vex. Their own don finish.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by lastpage: 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
My gift to ENYEAMA for being man-of-the-match.

He must exhaust "10 Packs" everyday till the end of the World Cup! kiss kiss

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ikomi(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

I expected them to go out and fight to try and, at least, get a draw, even if they don't achieve it.

Not go on the pitch resigned to being raaped but that is OK as long as the d[i]ck is not be too big sha.

Then some people come here and claim it is an improvement and impressive performance.

South Korea will trash the Argentina of today.

lol.  cheesy

Jack of all trade master of none, you are master of politics, king of culture and football analyst.

And anyone that does not agree with you on this three areas is either a slowpoke or fool.

More vaseline to your head ooohhhhh.  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
Marlbron:

I hope you watched  US v England. The underdog, sowed desire and orgnisatio to get a draw. That is what I expected from the Eagles.

USA underdog? lol ,did you watch the conf. cup? in 1998 USA said they were targeting 2010. They have been working towards it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by chelseabmw(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
we tried
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Roliks09: 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2010
I think Sagamite is Shuaibu Amodu!!! Lol. Hey sagamite,take it easy though. U are too hard on the lagaback lovers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Nawa for una. The truth is we do NOT have quality players again. Let's face facts. I can't blame Lagerback, he's only been with them for two months and less than five matches. I expect the Eagles to improve as the competition continues. We have been improving since Lagerback's first match against the Saudis and I expect this to continue.

Everybody shouting Siasia forget that Siasia also played against the Argentines in the Olympics, and HE LOST! The same thing that happened today happened in that match. Our strikers refused to score. Loads of 'ifs'. If Osaze had only passed that ball instead of being selfish, if Uche had scored when it seemed easier to score than hitting over the bar, etc.

In my opinion, we gave Argentina too much respect.

Can we in anyway, asides Vincent Enyeama, compare The 94 team or even the woeful 98 team man for man with these players?

Chidi Nwanu and Okechukwu with Yobo and Shittu or even Afolabi?

Or Osaze/Martins/Yakubu with Yekini/Amokachi?

haruna/Etuhu/Kaita with Okocha/Oliseh?

Like I said, the truth is, this is the best we can do and unfortunately, that best is poor compared to our past standards.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
Roliks09:

I think Sagamite is Shuaibu Amodu!!! Lol. Hey sagamite,take it easy though. U are too hard on the lagaback lovers.

If you were here in Jan to see the lame criticism of Amodu that I was tackling them for, you would understand.

Now a whiteman does the same thing, they see nothing wrong with it. Their criticisms disappear.

I told them several times that our players are not very good, but you see morons screaming that Amodu must win ANC otherwise he should be sacked.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by maclatunji: 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
Nigerians take am easy. this team is still developing and with a good coach like Lagerbach, i am sure in four years we will be trashing the best teams in the world. I would play Kalu uche in the next match because I 'm sure he will have  trouble sleeping tonight after missing such a great chance. Put him on against Greece and there will be no stopping the dude.

Lets keep our heads, I am sure that we will get out of this group just stay calm.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by bigfather(m): 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

Nawa for una. The truth is we do NOT have quality players again. Let's face facts. I can't blame Lagerback, he's only been with them for two months and less than five matches. I expect the Eagles to improve as the competition continues. We have been improving since Lagerback's first match against the Saudis and I expect this to continue.

Everybody shouting Siasia forget that Siasia also played against the Argentines in the Olympics, and HE LOST! The same thing that happened today happened in that match. Our strikers refused to score. Loads of 'ifs'. If Osaze had only passed that ball instead of being selfish, if Uche had scored when it seemed easier to score than hitting over the bar, etc.

Can we in anyway, asides Vincent Enyeama, compare The 94 team or even the woeful 98 team man for man with these players?

Like I said, the truth is, this is the best we can do and unfortunately, that best is poor compared to our past standards.

Na small,small. We go reach there !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mamagee3(f): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

CHei, Nigerian players don make mama-gee vex. Their own don finish.
I'm not that mad cause I knew from the moment they walked into the field that they were bound to lose. grin

Yobo looked like a complete muppet as a captain. grin

I would give kudos to the Goalkeeper though cause he did his part perfectly if not for a few bums in the team, the game would have ended in a draw, 0-0.
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

Good for you, then. I suggest you teach your students; I am not your student!

sad  sad  sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by cashful(m): 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
firstly i wouldn't blame LGBK or any other coach for the lack of technical depth exhibited by our players, Nigerian players passing to the opponents as if they were jazzed, also taking primary school corner kicks and not knowing what to do with  set pieces (i don't think they practiced set pieces cos at a point they were taking time deciding who and how to take a particular freekick). Most of our players have not been properly groomed and this is a developmental issue that should be spear headed by NFA, state FA's, clubs etc

But i dont get it why he starts Kaita on the right of midfield when we have 2/3 guys that can play very well from that position. (he should replace Etuhu with Kaita in the mdfield)

We grossly over rated the Argies, this showed in our approach to the Game, overall it wasn't a good result we could have done better

The world cup is a war ground not where to build a team
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
Also when you are playing a team better than you, you need to utilise your set pieces, especially ones involving crossing into the box.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Also when you are playing a team better than you, you need to utilise your set pieces, especially ones involving crossing into the box.

This is my problem with every Nigerian team. They all seem to think they can score freekicks from any part of the field and they never learn and keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Its like that from U17 team to Super Eagles. I remember Haruna doing same thing at U17 and U23 levels
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mamagee3(f): 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

This is my problem with every Nigerian team. They all seem to think they can score freekicks from any part of the field and they never learn and keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Its like that from U17 team to Super Eagles. I remember Haruna doing same thing at U17 and U23 levels
That haruna is a big waste of team Line-up.  sad

Imagine kicking the ball during the cornerkick high above the air and then few seconds later proceeded in receiving a yellow Card. angry

I hope in the next game he's made to sit on the bench until the 90th minute.
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mrjingles(m): 10:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
I remember what the one and only dutchgerian Clemens Westerhorf said: "Nigeria has 88million coaches, but only one technical adviser and thats me"
All you keyboard analysts should leave us alone! Una for go run one local club first and see what its like before handing advice to people who are doing it for a living, training children and feeding their families!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

Thank you very much for this insight.

Can i buy you a drink?

I don't think we did.
We couldn't move the ball well. There were many lethargic players on the pitch.
Compare how South Africa moved the ball last night to how we were moving it and you will see what i am talking about.

Our best is poor compared to our past standards - I agree with this statement.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by KennyG6(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
Haruna was ok and besides he's young
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by hbrednic: 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
up eagles,i am happy for the boys,they tried a lot today.
they have to improve on finishing,cos without goals you cant get far in a football contest.
onwema is the champ.more grease to his elbow.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mamagee3(f): 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
safex101:

USA underdog? lol ,did you watch the conf. cup? in 1998 USA said they were targeting 2010. They have been working towards it.
And after the "working towards it", they proceeded to tie with a mishandling of the ball. grin

Looks like the bums were working towards watching their useless Basketball, Baseball and "Football" even though it has nothing to do with the foot, lol.
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2010
mama-gee:

That haruna is a big waste of team Line-up.  sad

Imagine kicking the ball during the cornerkick high above the air and then few seconds later proceeded in receiving a yellow Card. angry

I hope in the next game he's made to sit on the bench until the 90th minute.
grin
Its just youthful exuberance (hope dats the correct spelling cheesy). The older players need to talk to him.

~Sauron~:

I don't think we did.
We couldn't move the ball well. There were many lethargic players on the pitch.
Compare how South Africa moved the ball last night to how we were moving it and you will see what i am talking about.

Our best is poor compared to our past standards - I agree with this statement.

I agree with the bold part but I think players like Obasi, Obinna did not play to their best. If those two were as direct and took the Argentines one on one the way Martins/Osaze and Uche did when they came on, we prolly would have had another story to tell.

Also I couldn't really understand how Etuhu and the entore defence kept on moving back whenever the Argentines had the ball. It was like we were afraid of conceeding free kicks. If we had been slightly more agressive, Messi and co would know they shouldn't be running around hanging on to the ball for too long. To put this in perspective, imagine this was the Camerounian defence?

As per that drink, Il hold you on to it! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by SapeleGuy: 10:51pm On Jun 12, 2010
Tell the truth and shame the devil. There was no pace, no depth, no ideas, no patriotism, no skill, no invention. Our team was a disgrace. In fact i don't think you will see a bunch of weaker or more effeminate players in this tournament.

Lagerback is bloody useless, but inferiority complex will not allow you people to tell the truth. In what way was this performance better than Amodu's?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by mamagee3(f): 10:54pm On Jun 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

Its just youthful exuberance (hope dats the correct spelling cheesy). The older players need to talk to him.

Obafemi Martins and Peter Odemwingie are youths but they are not that dumb! grin

He backed up all the yellow cards in the match and set out to make flimsy mistakes.
angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by medjai(m): 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ sapele guy
u're so right. Lagerback is bleeping clueless. There was no purpose and urgency. It was like we were playing not to play. Amodu would have performed better. Even if we couldnt close down the Argies we would have defended doggedly but we did nada! The midfield was not existing. Etuhu was drowned in the game. Lagerback didnt even know what to do. He was just looking difident and hopeless
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by BrOwnSuga3: 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
Enyeama made it looks like we played well,lol

I wish say dem give us 4 nil the insult for no easy today
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

I agree with the bold part but I think players like Obasi, Obinna did not play to their best. If those two were as direct and took the Argentines one on one the way Martins/Osaze and Uche did when they came on, we prolly would have had another story to tell.

Obasi, Odiah, Nsofor and Kaita should take a hard look at themselves.
They were spineless throughout. Someone should please tell Taiye Taiwo to buy some football sense. . . . . .
A beast of a player but he doesn't use his strength to the team's advantage.

Osaze could have just squared the ball to Martins and we woulda equalised.

Also I couldn't really understand how Etuhu and the entore defence kept on moving back whenever the Argentines had the ball. It was like we were afraid of conceeding free kicks. If we had been slightly more agressive, Messi and co would know they shouldn't be running around hanging on to the ball for too long. To put this in perspective, imagine this was the Camerounian defence?

We missed Mikel Obi today.
I think his passes woulda helped the attack more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (87) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.