Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87418 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

Obviously you don't know a damn thing about soccer, fool. When I mean aggressive, I do not mean rough. I mean you play the same way the Argentines were playing. You run after your opponent and put pressure, not wait around like morons, give them space to do whatever passes they want to do, and watch them like you are 11 months pregnant. Can't you see how the Argentine's were going after us when we had possession?

I am afraid i have overestimated your intelligence in football related issues.
They were nowhere the Naija players when Lagerback brought in his subs. . . . .They were nowhere Martins when he unleashed his pile-driver.
At what cost do you play aggressive football? We were not aggressive and i could count the number of times Messi dived - looking for a cheap freekick around the penalty box.

Also you are a fool if you think you can measure aggression by the number of goals conceded, for you can be aggressive and have a mediocre player which will lead you to concede goals, so because you conceded the goals does not mean that you were not aggressive.

So what's the point in being aggressive if your team still concedes plus risking the chance to cop RED CARDS?
This is not African Football that you are used to - this is the world cup.
Lagerback started with 4-4-2. He didn't set the team up to be defensive.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

England are not FAR superior to the USA. . . . .They are evenly MATCHED.

Please don't say this again. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Tuyis: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Let Dolphins FC or Enyimba use that feistiness to beat Barcelona or Man Utd in a 90-min match.

You never know, that is why football is such a captivating game. That you won yesterday does not mean you will always win. But you still need to show up for the game, not watch your opponet in awe!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
Ajayi123:

@ Princek12

you hit the nail on the head my brother. That was an epitomized display of homosexuality in the game of football that the super eagles showed against argentina especially the likes of Nsofor. grin grin cool

Important Note:
(no punt intended towards Homosexuals in this forum)

Tell them my brother
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2010
grin grin grin Nigerians I hail thee grin grin grin.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am afraid i have overestimated your intelligence in football related issues.
They were nowhere the Naija players when Lagerback brought in his subs. . . . .They were nowhere Martins when he unleashed his pile-driver.
At what cost do you play aggressive football? We were not aggressive and i could count the number of times Messi dived - looking for a cheap freekick around the penalty box.

So what's the point in being aggressive if your team still concedes plus risking the chance to cop RED CARDS?
This is not African Football that you are used to - this is the world cup.
Lagerback started with 4-4-2. He didn't set the team up to be defensive.

so what is your point, then? If Largerback did not set up the team to be defensive, why were they not more on the offense. The reason is that if you sit around and watch your opponent, then they will settle down to make passes. The reason we are even having this conversation is that Vincent Enyeanma stopped so many goals, for the score line could have been easily been 4-0, the way the Eagles played today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
If you are watching the USA game you will see that the USA are in the game to fight, for they are going after and putting pressure on the English anytime they get possession. Our Super Eagles just admired Messi's footballing skills today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Becomrich0: 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
Chinedu Ogbuke  and Victor Obinna   played very bad. The 2 of them should not start .   I would go with Utaka anyday. I love his run.  I think We should start pairing Obafemi and Yakubu from the start.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2010
@prince12k

You are right. The USA have even equalized sef. It is 1-1 all square against the supposedly "supernatural" English side.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2010
Our team is also missing the energy of people like Stanley Okoro. Seriously we need to disband the current Eagles, with maybe the exception of 5 players or so, and build around the U-17 guys and guys from the local leagues who are fit, can run, and play regularly. Football is not about name and the club for which you play; it is about speed and fitness and teamwork.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by chamotex(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

If you are watching the USA game you will see that the USA are in the game to fight, for they are going after and putting pressure on the English anytime they get possession. Our Super Eagles just admired Messi's footballing skills today.

I don't think a lot of people know how good the Americans are.
They almost won the Confederations Cup last year losing a 2-0 lead to Brazil in the final.

Comparing USA to Nigeria is absurd
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
Nigeria just let them play for 70 mins, only Yak was running around and Yobo & Shittu too a bit.

Odems and Uche brought urgency to the point Shittu was attacking.

Martins showed willingness to attack and Yak continued his hardwork.

Then Odiah stopped panicking that he would be rayped and played a bit.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

Only a slowpoke will compare the quality of the USA team to the Naija team.
The same USA team that battered SPAIN to death in the Confed Cup?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
Ajayi123:

@prince12k

You are right. The USA have even equalized sef. It is 1-1 all square against the supposedly "supernatural" English side.

Thank you. Our boys appeared scared of the Argentines. I have played competitive football and the first way to get defeated is to fear your opponent. I don't give a hoot about Messi, Tevez, or whatever; they Eagles should have gone out to fight. The guys with the fighting spirits (Osaze, Martins, Kalu, etc) were on the bench, and it set a terrible tone for the rest of the game. Why do you not start your best guys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
chamotex:

I don't think a lot of people know how good the Americans are.
They almost won the Confederations Cup last year losing a 2-0 lead to Brazil in the final.

Comparing USA to Nigeria is absurd

You are so right. The USA team is good. They don't have "big names," but they have fit guys who are ready to go out there and fight. A lot of our players do not even play 90 mins for their clubs, so how are they supposed to run. Sometimes our Eagles forget that football is a game that involves running; they think it involves posing. And if you are a coach that sees that your players cannot chase the opponents for 90 mins, then they are not fit enough to be on the team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by chamotex(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

You are so right. The USA team is good. They don't have "big names," but they have fit guys who are ready to go out there and fight. A lot of our players do not even play 90 mins for their clubs, so how are they supposed to run. Sometimes our Eagles forget that football is a game that involves running; they think it involves posing. And if you are a coach that sees that your players cannot chase the opponents for 90 mins, then they are not fit enough to be on the team.

You are talking of 90 minutes . . . Shittu hasn't even played a second of Premier League football this season.
It's a shame
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by triistar86: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Sagamite

Please if you really and sincerely think Amodu could have done the same thing lagerback did today and that the eagles really disappointed today please feel free to jump in River thames. . . .   Shit! no one is saying they were 100% superb you are just all over the thread spewing annoying BS. Are you in any way related to Amodu. . . . If yes you must really enjoy sucking on his nuts. . . .

But 4real no mind me I just dey try pull you legs though but atleast be very diplomatic and real with you arguments. Its all luv. Enjoy Sha!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
chamotex:

You are talking of 90 minutes . . . Shittu hasn't even played a second of Premier League football this season.
It's a shame

So why is Shittu on the team. That Shittu guy is always sweating and shouting and breathing hard, even if he has been standing in one spot for the entire game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ikeyman00(m): 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
@@@@@

arg ikeyman saw 2day

take away messi

wats all the hype for

the only thing we could take away from this match is emm a wake up call!!!! big time

so it isnt bad as it may look

as for amodu leaving!! thats is a very good decision; any one complaining about that need a reality check and should be ignored at present
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by chamotex(m): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

So why is Shittu on the team. That Shittu guy is always sweating and shouting and breathing hard, even if he has been standing in one spot for the entire game.

Never been a fan of Shittu even since the Amodu era but people keep saying he gives his best and stuff. He's not agile enough
Who cares?? Football is not gra gra abeg
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by steroid: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
triistar86:

@ Sagamite

Please if you really and sincerely think Amodu could have done the same thing lagerback did today and that the eagles really disappointed today please feel free to jump in River thames. . . .   poo! no one is saying they were 100% superb you are just all over the thread spewing annoying BS. Are you in any way related to Amodu. . . . If yes you must really enjoy sucking on his nuts. . . .

But 4real no mind me I just dey try pull you legs though but atleast be very diplomatic and real with you arguments. Its all luv. Enjoy Sha!

lol, seconded. The guy just they post rubbish since. I'll suggest the atlantic ocean as a remedy.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by steroid: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

slowpoke, feel free to answer the same questions.

Who 's your daddy? No make your dick overcharge. Stupendous entity.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
chamotex:

Never been a fan of Shittu even since the Amodu era but people keep saying he gives his best and stuff. He's not agile enough
Who cares?? Football is not gra gra abeg

No doubt he gives his best, but if his best is below standard, should the team keep suffering because he gives his "best?" You are right, sha. Football no be gra gra! The guy gra gra too much!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ikeyman00(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2010
Forums / Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: 3:00pm June 12, 2010 @ World Cup  on: Today at 10:15:09 AM  
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
ikeyman

as always ikeyman ant here for s hit talk

the last thing i wana seee is super eagles giving these folks too much respect; defending deep and allowing them so much possession

this is what cost us the so called 2002 jap/koren

we are there!!!

u see wetin i talk before the match; se should play their own game from the start; forget the hype se can inflict wound but that was ignored; wouldnt be suprise if arg get caught up
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Becomrich0: 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2010
shittu played well, the goal was just lucky.  Chinedu Ogbuke  and Victor Obinna    were nigeria weak link.  The two of them did not play well. utaka would have given them problem.  the two boy did not perform, they could not give out the ball.

Utaka speed could have done it.  And the nigeria team. were alway trying to restart the game, they should have wasted time because the other team had speed. So you waste thier time. But it is history, we can still make it to the final. we can beat south korea. we try obafemi and yak at the start.  we have nothing to lost. If we do not play attack and loss, we are out. So we come out fighting from the start.

I give them 50%. Chinedu Ogbuke  and Victor Obinna  kill nigeria. Even uche who came in later, did very well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dagaro(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2010
Vincent Enyeama is the man of the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by ikeyman00(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2010
@@@@@

yes amodu beat france the way kung fu CHINA beat them as well

the same way we are hoping on tunisa losing to mosambique to qualify

the same way we called on god of soccer to save  us on numerous time in abuja

and the story continues

amodu?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2010
steroid:

Who 's your daddy? No make your manliness overcharge. Stupendous entity.

Na who born this maga?

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS, MY FRIEND!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by triistar86: 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

slowpoke , how is their performance today better than under Amodu? Dimwit!

What did lagerback do? Put players on the pitch to admire the Args?

Even after I said its all luv you still went ahead and called me a slowpoke.

On a serious note if you know that much about soccer or you are that good at playing why are playing yours with your keyboard.

I have one suggestion for you when next Nigeria needs a coach (cos you obviously wont make any Nigerian team no matter how mediocre you think they are) you can apply hopefully we would be able to play a draw against Gambia under ur supervision. Its really not your fault na internet access cause am. Enjoy!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by steroid: 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Na who born this maga?

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS, MY FRIEND!

Guy it could have been worse so rather than criticize, I'll suggest you appreciate them despite their mistakes.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (87) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.