Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,762 members, 7,935,261 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:14 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87700 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Compare what Amodu played vs Zambia whose best players are based in South Arican league to what Lagerback played vs Argentina with the best set of players in the world

Yes that was horrible match with Zambia.

What of France?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Nokka: 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Sagamite
Let's not be mesmerized by club performances, after Messi who else on the Argentinian squad would you list as a potential member of your 2010 World Cup 22?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by binaflexia: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2010
Tuyis:

It's a game of football, not of might. You need intelligence and passion, none of which I saw on the Nigerian side until the very last minute.

Eheeen!, Tuyis   Tuyis    Tuyis   Tuyis.

I don mark your face!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Argentina were superior but WE WRE NOT AGGRESSIVE ENOUGH.

Your aggression cannot stop Messi, Tevez and Higuain.
Between those 3 players, 105 goals were scored. No manager in the world woulda prevented Messi and Tevez from doing their thing against a quality like Yobo and Shittu.

We played like we play under Amodu. So what was the point of switching coaches.

I disagree. . . . . . .We were rudderless under FAGmodu.
Nigeria failed to string 5 passes together under FAGmodu and the general performance was gash throughout.
His subs are rubbish and no one knows Amodu's tactics and approach to big games. He's a donkey and his coaching methods are obsolete.

I told you all that the aggressiveness takes time to develop in Naija players with bigmanism (althought today was defeatism) disease and give the coach more time.

We have met Argentina THREE TIMES in the world cup and we lost by a slim margin.
So were we less aggressive today than in 94? Or were we worse than the 2002 team that lost 0-1 to Argentina as well?

Leo Messi scored 49 goals in Europe. Scored 4 times against Vermaelen's defence and you are here saying we weren't aggressive.
Should we conclude all the teams that allowed him score 49 goals were LESS aggressive?

Sagamite:

Yes that was horrible match with Zambia.

What of France?

Was that a competitive match?
Was there anything at stake when we played France?

Abeg, stop putting the match against France as one big achievement - Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo didn't get their accolades from beating teams in friendly games - they did so doing it in the tournament. In FOUR WORDS - AMODU IS A DISGRACE. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
omar22:

You didnt answer the question!!!

I answered.

Otherwise rephrase it and explain what I did not answer.

I NEVER RUN FROM A QUESTION!

Nokka:

@Sagamite
Let's not be mesmerized by club performances, after Messi who else on the Argentinian squad would you list as a potential member of your 2010 World Cup 22?

I don't understand the relevance of your question.

tkb417:

When we qualify for 2nd round, all these chants about amodu will never come up again
Amodu what?
That's a synonym for dullard
That name symbolizes mumuness

I am terrified now.

With what I saw of the argies today, SK can beat then with their fast attack. So almost game over for us if we do not win the last 2 games if Greece become whipping boys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2010
As I expected Lagerback got the starting-11, formation and positional play wrong.

The writings were right on the wall with his 23-man team selection when he left out players like Ike Uche, Ajilore, Anichebe (for false reasons) and taking liability players Kanu, Utaka and Ayila who are obviously going to warm the bench and are not good enough to start (and look very unlikely to make even substitute appearances),

His team is unbalanced and skewed towards strikers with very little Midfielders (An amphibious and workaholic midfielder like Ajilore should have been used to replace Mikel. . .a like for like replacement and not Ideye who is a striker. . .Does it look like Ideye is ever going to play in this competition?)

Of what use is playing a piss poor player like Etuhu in the Defensive Midfield and wasting Sanni Kaita on the outside right where he contributes nothing to the team going forward? when Sanni Kaita would have been more effective had he played as a DM?

Why keep an explosive, workaholic and pacy player like Osaze on the bench and start with a lazy and 20 minutes noodles player like Obasi?

Frankly, I think Amodu would have done a better job had he been allowed to stay and lead the team to SA cos he showed a remarkable learning curve in Angola.  First two matches he started with Yobo, Nwaneri and Etuhu and benched them subsequently and replaced them with Apam, Shittu and Kaita when they didn't perform as expected).

Lagerback claims to have watched the tapes of the Eagles so it baffles me how he thinks right-midfield is the best position for Kaita? It's just insane I mean. How did he come to that conclusion?. . .He has by this decision weakened the team further by dulling the attacks that could have come from that wing and creating a large hole in midfield cos Dickson Etuhu is NOT JUST IT. . .despite his Fulham status.

Certain players (Yakubu, Odiah, Taiwo have obviously improved and upped their game) but I don't see any improvement in the team as a whole. It's still the same of the same without any distinguishable pattern. . .Lets just kick the ball around and if we're lucky score. There is no link between the midfield and attack. . .static play, little or no movements off the ball. . .etc etc etc.

Those who think we can beat Korea are obviously in dreamland. Wake up and smell the coffee. . .I see a first round exit starring us in the face.

This was almost the Argentine team that Siasia played in Beijing and they didn't outplay & completely dominate us like they did today. Thank God for Enyeama who saved us and kept the scoreline respectable. It was a big, big mistake sacking Amodu

I'm tired of Lagerback already. . .he should just go after the World cup so we can employ Siasia who understands our boys, knows their strengths and weaknesses and would never play them out of position. Laerback has not justified his N30 million salary with what I saw today.

I rest my case. . .the future of the Super Eagles is Samson Siasia and not Lagerback
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by spearman(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
What of France?

Your now clutching on straws
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
You don't need 5 months to teach players to run and put pressure on their opponents when their opponents are in possession of the ball. I don't give a hoot about the scoreline, for I would have respected them if they gave it their all and lost by 3 goals. They watched Argentina make passes for 90 mins, and that is why Argentina had so many chances.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Between those 3 players, 105 goals were scored. No manager in the world woulda prevented Messi and Tevez from doing their thing against quality like Yobo and Shittu.

Abegi.

Apart from Messi, no one else was God. We should have cut out his supply.

~Sauron~:

Nigeria failed to string 5 passes together under FAGmodu and the general performance was gash throughout.
His subs are rubbish and no one knows Amodu's tactics and approach to big games. He's a donkey and his coaching methods are obsolete.

Stop lying to yourself.

His sub brought goals and he dominated a lot of matches all be it weaker teams.

~Sauron~:

We have met Argentina THREE TIMES in the world cup and we lost by a slim margin.
So were we less aggressive today than in 94? Or were we worse than the 2002 team that lost 0-1 to Argentina as well?

Leo Messi scored 49 goals in Europe. Scored 4 times against Vermaelen's defence and you are here saying we weren't aggressive.
Should we conclude all the teams that allowed him score 49 goals were LESS aggressive?

2002 and this were the worst. We played like scared rats.

You can't stop messi but you can attack Guitterrez
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Absu(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2010
@all, u can say wateva u feel lik sayin,4 me, dis is d best match i ve sees eagles play in d last 10 yrs.cuddos 2 lagerbag,he really changed that team.enyama was superb allso was xpecting a 4-o win
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sauron tell me how many slide tackles you saw from SE today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
he showed a remarkable learning curve in Angola.

I think watch the wrong tournament
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
omar22:

Your now clutching on straws

How? Or was that under another coach?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Sauron

u get time to dey argue with Sagamite sha . . .

anyway the 2 of una adress be NAIRALAND, this is where u are both domiciled at, UNA DEY TALK !  shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Between those 3 players, 105 goals were scored. No manager in the world woulda prevented Messi and Tevez from doing their thing against a quality like Yobo and Shittu.

Was that a competitive match?
Was there anything at stake when we played France?

Abeg, stop putting the match against France as one big achievement - Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo didn't get their accolades from beating teams in friendly games - they did so doing it in the tournament. In FOUR WORDS - AMODU IS A DISGRACE. grin

Do you use your brain? Why are you determining aggressiveness by the number of goals conceded? If the Super Eagles today played more aggressive and still lost by a larger goal margin, I would have respected them more. But to stare at Argentina kick the ball around for 90 mins without putting pressure on them, they acted like punks and sisis and did not go out there to give the Argentines a fight.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
Maybe if the coach tells them they played like punks and homosexuals it will wake them up for the next game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
Super Eagles were $h!t against Argentina.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by marutimon: 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2010
Look on the bright side, they had Messi, Higuain, Milito, Tevez, di Maria on the field and none of them could score against Nigeria. It took a defender to break down the Nigerians cheesy

BTW: Enyeama was chosen MOTM.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2010
I think all of una wey dey talk say Nigeria go beat Argentina don cool down now. Una don chop belleful abi? E go good make we adopt the culture of talking true when we see am and not always be depending on God Then God in his infinite mercies will then save us. Not first depend on God and then try to find how to go about a task. Do all we can and then allow God to do the rest. I mean this match would have ended like 7-0 if God did not manifest himself in Enyeama.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by MandingoII(m): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2010
Man

I just KNEW Nigeria was about to BEAT ARGENTINIA'S ARSE!!!!

but they wimped out sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

Do you use your brain? Why are you determining aggressiveness by the number of goals conceded? If the Super Eagles today played more aggressive and still lost by a larger goal margin, I would have respected them more. But to stare at Argentina kick the ball around for 90 mins without putting pressure on them, they acted like punks and sisis and did not go out there to give the Argentines a fight.

You must be a fool. . . . . .
If you cannot measure aggression with the number of goals conceded then what's the purpose of being aggressive.

Nigerians should be aggressive so the naturally-biased match officials can have the excuse to send our players OFF thus lose scandalously?
The money spent on your education shoulda been used to buy condoms to prevent retards like you populating the earth?

Sagamite:

Sauron tell me how many slide tackles you saw from SE today.

Lagerback did not send his team to defend with their lives.
Possession was  ARG 52% - 48% NGR.

How many slide tackles did the Eagles deploy in 94 to beat Bulgaria 3-0?
How many tackles did the same Eagles deploy in tons to lose 1-2 to Argentina few days after the Bulgarian game.

Aggression does not win games.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

How many tackles did the same Eagles deploy in tons to lose 1-2 to Argentina few days after the Bulgarian game.

Aggression disrupts your opponent.

Even though they are more skilful, you can match them for fitness and brutality.

Barge them, put pressure on them to make mistakes. That is what Tunisia, Egypt and Mexico do.

That is how Cam won Arg in 1990 and Sen won Fra in 2002.

Please just watch the urgency and bravery of USA against a far superior team (England).

And England is stronger than Argentina in my view
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Tuyis: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Feistiness surely does. Ask the South Koreans and the Argentinians.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Aggression disrupts your opponent.
Even though they are more skilful, you can match them for fitness and brutality.

Not against this Argie side. . . . .We woulda risked several RED CARDS.

Barge them, put pressure on them to make mistakes. That is what Tunisia and Mexico do,
That is how Cam won Arg in 1990 and Sen won Fra in 2002.

Don't compare that Cameroun side and that Senegal side to this Nigerian team.
They were miles superior - Cameroun side that had Makanaky, Milla, Omar/Kana Biyik and Emmanuel Kunde?
The Senegalese side with Diouf, Bouba Diop, Fadiga, Henri Camara? Abeg. . . . . .give credits to Lagerback.

Please just watch the urgency and bravery of USA against a far superior team.
And England is stronger than Argentina in my view

This same USA side walloped SPAIN bluish-blackish.
England are not FAR superior to the USA. . . . .They are evenly MATCHED.

Tuyis:

Feistiness surely does. Ask the South Koreans and the Argentinians.

U think?
Let Dolphins FC or Enyimba use that feistiness to beat Barcelona or Man Utd in a 90-min match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by jaybee3(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Sag
Didn't the widely acclaimed world's best coach (mourinho's) play defensive/unattractive football at the nou camp? My point is, a less talented team shouldn't go gong ho against a far superior side. Containment and killer finishing was all that was needed. We did contain them and was just unlucky with bad decision making at the final stages.
Amodu is totally indefensible mehn. Please stop it grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
Look you people can talk now for all you like. The point now is that the crop of players there in south Africa are there now and will play the rest of the game for us which will all have thesame disgraceful outcome. We need to cultivate the habit of telling the truth and doing what is right. In that way, we will stop fielding over-aged squeaky jointed  players simply because they play in europe and use real young talented players who can be groomed under sound technical advise and start the process early enough not 6months to world cup. Only then can our players stand with the likes of Messi & co in a very serious competition and not be thinking of what a honour it is to play beside people like that and forget the job they are there to do. I mean what business did that wowo and useless nsofor  have to do with playing this game at all. He stand for pitch dey look man wey he suppose dey mark dey admire am. E think say na his favourite mama put joint for malaga e dey dey watch the game? Look somebody need to wake these people up-o or find them and give them 32 strokes of the cain. Ah-ah cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2010
jay bee:

@ Sag
Didn't the widely acclaimed world's best coach (mourinho's) play defensive/unattractive football at the nou camp? My point is, a less talented team shouldn't go gong ho against a far superior side. Containment and killer finishing was all that was needed. We did contain them and was just unlucky with bad decision making at the final stages.
Amodu is totally indefensible mehn. Please stop it grin grin grin grin grin grin

GBAM!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

You must be a fool. . . . . .
If you cannot measure aggression with the number of goals conceded then what's the purpose of being aggressive.

Nigerians should be aggressive so the naturally-biased match officials can have the excuse to send our players OFF thus lose scandalously?
The money spent on your education shoulda been used to buy condoms to prevent retards like you populating the earth?

Obviously you don't know a damn thing about soccer, fool. When I mean aggressive, I do not mean rough. I mean you play the same way the Argentines were playing. You run after your opponent and put pressure, not wait around like morons, give them space to do whatever passes they want to do, and watch them like you are 11 months pregnant. Can't you see how the Argentine's were going after us when we had possession?

Also you are a fool if you think you can measure aggression by the number of goals conceded, for you can be aggressive and have a mediocre goalie which will lead you to concede goals, so because you conceded the goals does not mean that you were not aggressive. Also being aggressive does not mean that you have to slide tackle. For God's sake, don't you know the difference between aggressive and rough. Are you daft?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2010
jay bee:

@ Sag

I am not saying go gong ho, I am saying COMPETE, not wait for autographs.

Let them know you are on the pitch too. Only Yak was doing that for 70 mins.

We only competed for 20 mins.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by steroid: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2010
Rather than appreciate the team for their performance irrespective of the fact that they lost, some "KEYBOARD COACHES/ANALYSTS" are busy posting rubbish. Guys apply some reasoning abeg oo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Princek12

you hit the nail on the head my brother. That was an epitomized display of homosexuality in the game of football that the super eagles showed against argentina especially the likes of Nsofor. grin grin cool

Important Note:
(no punt intended towards Homosexuals in this forum)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (87) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.