Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,392 members, 7,901,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87416 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
triistar86:

Even after I said its all luv you still went ahead and called me a slowpoke.

On a serious note if you know that much about soccer or you are that good at playing why are playing yours with your keyboard.

I have one suggestion for you when next Nigeria needs a coach (cos you obviously wont make any Nigerian team no matter how mediocre you think they are) you can apply hopefully we would be able to play a draw against Gambia under your supervision. Its really not your fault na internet access cause am. Enjoy!

You are retarded!!!

steroid:

Guy it could have been worse so rather than criticize, I'll suggest you appreciate them despite their mistakes.

I am not criticising them per se.

I am criticising those that think based on this mediocre game, they have seen some improvement in SE.

There is NONE WHATSOEVER, based on the 4 games I have seen.

I am not blaming the coach, he is not Prof Peller with a magic wand. I am blaming the retards that were using lame criticisms to bring down a coach that qualified us and could have delivered what is being delivered at the moment (based on all 4 games) and SHOULD have been allowed to do such. Daft, lame criticisms I have squashed over the past 6 months.

Criticisms like:

- He is not shouting at the touchline

- All his players are old legs

- He is not including any homebased players

- Players are making individual errors

Hence he is not a good coach.

Moronic thinking, moronic outputs.

Read my write up here and tell me where I have been wrong: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370005.0.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2010
A siasia Team that would have drawn or beat this Argentine, Even Amodu could have drawn or beat this same Argentine, Largerback made Maradona look like a veteran in the coaching department. Oh God, =N=30m, maga money, Largerback don hit goldmine  grin grin grin.

All through the first half, we could have used it to kill the Argentine once and for all through the ever shaking Gutierrez's position, but what did Largerback do? stood there did nothing. i pity una.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2010
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2010
sexlover:

@sagamite

U're such a fool,

Direct that to the head of your village!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by triistar86: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

You are retarded!!!

Dude I am not disappointed at your response the last time I checked you are from sagamu So even if you like move in with the queen of england it wont make any difference. . . . cheesy I know I am prolly expecting you to rain insults on me again bring it on Bro dont disappoint your ancestors grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sexlover: 9:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Direct that to the head of your village!

U think u can hide behind d internet & say anything to anyone, eh?

local sagamu pikin,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2010
honeric01:

A siasia Team that would have drawn or beat this Argentine, Even Amodu could have drawn or beat this same Argentine, Largerback made Maradona look like a veteran in the coaching department. Oh God, =N=30m, maga money, Largerback don hit goldmine  grin grin grin.

All through the first half, we could have used it to kill the Argentine once and for all through the ever shaking Gutierrez's position, but what did Largerback do? stood there did nothing. i pity una.

I can see dat someone told you about this match u did not even watch it at all.
pls tune super sports 3 for replay.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2010
triistar86:

Dude I am not disappointed at your response the last time I checked you are from sagamu So even if you like move in with the queen of england it wont make any difference. . . . cheesy I know I am prolly expecting you to rain insults on me again bring it on Bro dont disappoint your ancestors grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na who born this mugu?  shocked

Na me you delve into insult ats and then in the same post now say that you don't want to insult that you are just pulling legs!

B[i]tch, are you retarded?

sexlover:

U think u can hide behind d internet & say anything to anyone, eh?

local sagamu pikin,

Another of these suffo retards of Naija.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ Sagamite

you are obviously a celebrated slowpoke. Is it not true that the players are old legs? Abi do you want us to start washing our dirty linen in public? Is it not this attitude we have of grooming old men and presenting them as youths at the junior level that is affecting our standard of football output at the senior level and the reason why all of these teams from south America and europe look like superhumans when we play against them? Even those that don't come through the ranks still manage to tell fatal lies about their age and go and disgrace the nation at important mundials just because of money. I mean we nuture the habit of celebrating a culture of lies and insincerity in our football and then people like you come here and start calling people morons when that is what is the root cause of all the "poofy" display we saw today against Argentina.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
Ajayi123:

@ Sagamite

you are obviously a celebrated slowpoke. Is it not true that the players are old legs? Abi do you want us to start washing our dirty linen in public? Is it not this attitude we have of grooming old men and presenting them as youths at the junior level that is affecting our standard of football output at the senior level and the reason why all of these teams from south America and europe look like superhumans when we play against them? Even those that don't come through the ranks still manage to tell fatal lies about their age and go and disgrace the nation at important mundials just because of money. I mean we nuture the habit of celebrating a culture of lies and insincerity in our football and then people like you come here and start calling people morons when that is what is the root cause of all the "poofy" display we saw today against Argentina.

You are retarded!

So did the replacing coach change the players?

With your cement brain, tell me which 23 players you would have taken to WC then!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by triistar86: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

Na who born this mugu?  shocked

Na me you delve into insult ats and then in the same post now say that you don't want to insult that you are just pulling legs!

B[i]tch, are you retarded?

Another of these suffo retards of Naija.

Dude u dey rep sagamu madly. . . . on behalf of your ancestors thank you for not disappointing. And to conclude it all you are a good son of your father wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

You are retarded!

So did the replacing coach change the players?

With your cement brain, tell me which 23 players you would have taken to WC then!
Sagamite, I would have taken a bunch of the "U-17" guys to the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by orisebawo(m): 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2010

Diego Maradona, Argentina coach

That was an important step for us today but we need to make a whole lot of improvements if we want to reach the Final. The game played out just as I thought it would, and if we’d converted the chances we made then we’d be talking right now about a fantastic Argentina performance. However, we were very wasteful and that’s something we need to sort out. If you let your opponent off the hook, you normally end up paying for it, although on this occasion they let us off the hook. Winning games gives you confidence and that’s the good thing, and if we can keep on picking up results then the players are only going to grow in self-belief.

Lars Lagerback, Nigeria coach
I am a little disappointed with the result although I am proud at how my players performed. Unfortunately we made an error that led to the corner they scored from, and at this level if you lose your concentration for a second you pay for it. That’s exactly what happened. If we hadn’t made that mistake, we might have come away with a draw.

Gonzalo Higuain, Argentina forward
It’s vital to get off on the right foot, especially with Korea [Republic] winning their game. This is only the first match, though, and there’s still a long, long way to go. It’s a shame we didn’t kill them off earlier, and on a personal note it was just one of those nights when I destined not to score. Like I said, it was a good start, which is the important thing.

Vincent Enyeama, Nigeria goalkeeper and Budweiser Man of the Match
It was a great night for me and to play against a team like Argentina was a fantastic opportunity for everyone. And I’m proud of the way we responded to their early goal.

Obafemi Martins, Nigeria forward
Losing by one goal to a team like Argentina is not the end of the world. They scored early on and that made things tough for us, though we did put in a good performance and we hope to turn the situation around. The match against Greece is so important now because we simply have to pick up three points. We’re still in with a good chance.

Martin Demichelis, Argentina defender

We needed to get off to a winning start and we did. It’s a good way to begin the tournament and the other encouraging thing is that we also created a lot of chances, although we need to keep working on our finishing. Even so it’s a big step towards our first major objective of reaching the Round of 16.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

Sagamite, I would have taken a bunch of the "U-17" guys to the tournament.

They would have shown hunger but you will be thrashed 4-0 3-0 2-1

You don't take quacks to WC. That is the pinnacle of football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
HOnestly, I don't think Siasia would have taken the majority of guys on this team. I mean why is Danny Shittu on this team? Why is Yobo? Why is Nsofor? Why is Kanu on the team?

Stanley Okoro would have helped; at least I don't think he will be scared of Messi
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Litmus: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2010
The way I see it, result, in this competition, is all about wining, we lost so Amadu could not have done worst. The psychological merit derived from loosing one-nil instead of five-nil seems a little dubious. I believe that on balance most people would argue that it is only reasonable for the man who qualified a team for the world cup to lead that team during the world cup. I know that one can always find a counter point. Nevertheless, for Nigeria as a developing Nation, it was shortsighted if not scandalous to sack the local manager for a foreign one. Not to mention one that actually qualified the team as Amadu did for the competition charged with.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
CarlosVent:

I can see dat someone told you about this match u did not even watch it at all.
pls tune super sports 3 for replay.

Sorry bro, i watched every seconds of the match and i know exactly what i am talking about.

@Sagamu
 Slow down on the insult aspect, don't make me start deleting your posts, these insults are not called for and you're breaking one of the forum's rules.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
I mean have you ever asked yourself why is it that we have only short bursts of periods when Nigerian players are one of the hottest in the world and then followed by a long spell of mediocrity even though there are still some players playing in scattered mediocre locations in  europe? Obviously not because you clearly don't reason that far.  All of this is inspite of the fact that we go to junior competitions like the U17 and U20 world cups and do well there. Scouts from europe see our talented players and move to sign them up. We hear that and we feel proud and then all of a sudden we don't hear anything about the U17 or U20 talent that they were about to sign up. It starts and ends like that. Let me tell you it is because the clubsides find that they are overaged and that they would be counterproductive after a few years. Meanwhile all these south american players are signed up enmass to clubsides in europe because they have a different culture of simply being truthful with the grooming of youth soccer in their country and thesame applies to the european countries. If you don't know this then you obviously are a stupid man and should hide your head in shame.  cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

They would have shown hunger but you will be thrashed 4-0 3-0 2-1

You don't take quacks to WC. That is the pinnacle of football.

What makes you think they would have been thrashed? You have to realize that I seriously question the true age of our U-17, and at least they would have been more agile. I would mix them with Kalu, Martins, Osaze, Yakubu, Victor Anichebe, Haruna, and find some reliable defenders from the local league. It would have been a good mix of youth and experience, without compromising fitness. I would worry about fitness more than these our so called seasoned guys. I will NEVER pick a player who does not play regularly, or who has not played at all, for his club.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
honeric01:

@Sagamu
 Slow down on the insult aspect, don't make me start deleting your posts, these insults are not called for and you're breaking one of the forum's rules.

I only insult those that insult me o. Check the thread.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Marlbron: 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2010
I hope you watched  US v England. The underdog, sowed desire and orgnisatio to get a draw. That is what I expected from the Eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

What makes you think they would have been thrashed? You have to realize that I seriously question the true age of our U-17, and at least they would have been more agile. I would mix them with Kalu, Martins, Osaze, Yakubu, Victor Anichebe, Haruna, and find some reliable defenders from the local league. It would have been a good mix of youth and experience, without compromising fitness. I would worry about fitness more than these our so called seasoned guys. I will NEVER pick a player who does not play regularly, or who has not played at all, for his club.

That sounds a bit better. I thought you said you would build your team round the "U-17".

That said, you need experienced and seasoned players to form the BULK of your team to undertake WC.

You don't put 29 year old used to struggling with 16 year olds by cheating as strikers to score against two 2010 Champions League centrebacks with over 150 caps between them.

Or put most in midfield to play the worlds best player that is a dribbler, 3 front players with 150 goals in one season, an Argentina player of the year for the past 2 seasons with over 80 caps and a bull dog DM that is hot cake.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2010
;d ;d ;d wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2010
Today, the Nigerian team had one shot one goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by rasputinn(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2010
Mixed feelings
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

Today, the Nigerian team had one shot one goal.

one goal?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

That sounds a bit better. I thought you said you would build your team round the "U-17".

That said, you need experienced and seasoned players to form the BULK of your team to undertake WC.

You don't put 29 year old used to struggling with 16 year olds by cheating as strikers to score against two 2010 Champions League centrebacks with over 150 caps between them.

Or put most in midfield to play the worlds best player that is a dribbler, 3 front players with 150 goals in one season, an Argentina player of the year for the past 2 seasons with over 80 caps and a bull dog DM that is hot cake.

Nah. My point is that I will not pick a player just by the mere fact that he plays for an European team. I would select them based on fitness. But the core of the players will be around the current Eagles. Players like Kanu, Yobo, Shittu, Kaita, Etuhu, and all the other non-regulars will be axed out of the team. That is why I like Siasia; he picks players based on fitness and talent, even if he has to bring them from the local league, for many players in our local leagues play regularly and are fit. Look at the Korean team, for example, they don't have many players in European leagues,  but most of their players feature regularly for their respective Asian clubs, which is why they are extremely fit.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2010
Marlbron:

I hope you watched  US v England. The underdog, sowed desire and orgnisatio to get a draw. That is what I expected from the Eagles.

I expected them to go out and fight to try and, at least, get a draw, even if they don't achieve it.

Not go on the pitch resigned to being raaped but that is OK as long as the d[i]ck is not be too big sha.

Then some people come here and claim it is an improvement and impressive performance.

South Korea will trash the Argentina of today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2010
tayo_ast:

one goal?

I am sure you knew it was a typo. it was meant to be "on" goal. Why make a big fuss about typo. You be Eng teacher?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by lastpage: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2010
My gift to ENYEAMA ofr being man-of-the-match.

He must exhaust "10 Packs" everyday till the end of the World Cup! kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2010
Sagamite:

I expected them to go out and fight to try and, at least, get a draw, even if they don't achieve it.

Not go on the pitch resigned to being raaped but that is OK as long as the d[i]ck is not be too big sha.

Then some people come here and claim it is an improvement and impressive performance.

South Korea will trash the Argentina of today.

They showed no signs of fighting. I'll rather have you fight on the pitch and give it your all, even if you loose.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by 190: 9:56pm On Jun 12, 2010
Princek12:

I am sure you knew it was a typo. it was meant to be "on" goal. Why make a big  fuss about typo. You be Eng teacher?
laff out loud
i be wan Join laff b4 oo
but mak i keep quiet!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (87) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.