Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,795 members, 7,935,397 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:46 AM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (87702 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ajayi123:

[quote author=Princek12 link=topic=452348.msg6206969#msg6206969 date=1276440620I am not disagreeing with you. All I am saying is that then we should start taking our U 17 teams since they will not be too old. I think, however, that Martins, Osaze, and Anichebe are their true ages, and ironically, they are among our fastest players.

Ahhhhhhhh! @Princek12. na there I disagree with you. Martins can never be 25. All those quick pace you see him try to pull off is just to keep up with the scam. You'll see if he continues like that he may soon pull up a hamstring or seriously damage his ligaments in this competition and then before you know it he will try and recuperate for a few months and then play for a year or two and announce his retirement from active football at the age of 27 like his predecessors oliseh and co. Na only for naija na im 27 year old dey retire from football. Besides all that "anywhere belle face" pace that Martins has got is no use to us really. We need someone with a productive pace, controlled ad purposeful. Not the one wey go just dey run after ball for field because he hear say people wey dey play ball dey run afetr am.

Ajayi, at least Martins fit run, and im dey score goals. Our only shot goal na from Martin. Wetin Shittu, Iya-kubu, Yobo, Etuhu, and all the other guys fit do? Dem no fit run.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
slowpoke, so you are saying Lagerback's squad selection and team selection is poor, you admit you were dominated but yet he is a "brilliant coach".

White arse kissing fooooool!

Why didnt Nigerians kiss the arse of Berti Vogts or wasnt it white enough?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
Did anyone notice how we refused to mark the Argies when they have a throw in? Even when the throw in was in their own half next to corner flag.

It was ridiculous. It was like: Have the ball, we don't want it. Entertain the crowd!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite,

There are some teams who wont chase the ball willy nilly knowing that you cant hurt them but just to save energy
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
ha ha ha grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

Did anyone notice how we refused to mark the Argies when they have a throw in? Even when the throw in was in their own half next to corner flag.

It was ridiculous. It was like: Have the ball, we don't want it. Entertain the crowd!

GBAM!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Why didnt Nigerians kiss the arse of Berti Vogts or wasnt it white enough?

Because of they don't kiss every whiteman's arse does not mean they don't kiss whiteman's arse!

Just like a racist liking one black man does not mean he is not racist.

Or a man respecting one woman (like Tatcher) does not mean he cannot be a misogynist.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Rhydem: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
You guys dey craze, if you don't understand Lagerback's tacts sha. Argentina are a much Superior side than Nigeria today period.

Did you guys not see the banks of 2 lines of 4 players when Argentina had the ball to contain Nigeria. Now when Argentina looked more likely to score it was because they had broken that bank of players.

If we played under Mumudu's tactical idiocy, imagine the amount of times Argentina would have troubled our defence.

The only problem that I had that the tactic didn't allow for any nigerian player especially the centre mids to break out and quickly tackle players in possesion of the ball, as this would have exposed space.

So in essence I congratulate Lagerback in 4 months and only a few meetings with SE he has been able to transform SE from a team of individuals to a team.

You will see once we play Greece and S Korea. The play will be much better and solid then what we saw yesterday. Finally my only problem is who will actually score for Nigeria. We have no players at all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sugomu

why do people bother arguing with you when u dont even know what Catenaccio is ? His team selection might not have worked wonders but for a coach getting to understand his team he has shown there are options to deploy, we never always agreed with Westerhof and his team selection then but it worked wonders, case in point - JJ at ANC 94.

Are u watching Serbia peppering Ghana ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2010
omar22:

Sagamite,

There are some teams who wont chase the ball willy nilly knowing that you cant hurt them but just to save energy

But I bet that is not implemented by standing around watching your opponents instead of staying close to them.

That is not implemented by being spectators in the match.

That is not implemented by letting them control and have a cupa tea in your half and close to the 18 yard box whilst you jug like if you are chasing a girl you are about to toast.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2010
Happy for Ghana!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ghana 1-0. I hope say all those our dry legged players dey see wetin Ghana dey do-o. When will we learn? When?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2010
Rhydem:

If we played under Mumudu's tactical idiocy, imagine the amount of times Argentina would have troubled our defence.

And Argentina did not DESTROY our defence yesterday?

LWKMD with these mentalities.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sugomu

why do people bother arguing with you when u dont even know what Catenaccio is ? His team selection might not have worked wonders but for a coach getting to understand his team he has shown there are options to deploy, we never always agreed with Westerhof and his team selection then but it worked wonders, case in point - JJ at ANC 94.

Abeg-o was this statement meant to be " are you wathcing Ghana pepper serbia" or what? Dr Kitaun which match are you watching please?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ghana is leading 1-0. Youthful players who have given Serbia hell all through the game. I have told you guys, until we take youthful players who can run for 90 mins,  your super chickens would have a hard time winning. I feel sorry for the super chickens when they play S Korea. Korea will show them pepper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by AjanleKoko: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ghana is a younger side, they have more players in top flight footie, and they understand each other's game. Plus they have played together for a while now.
Nigeria has been on some kind of roller-coaster since 2002.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sugomu

why do people bother arguing with you when u dont even know what Catenaccio is ?

Ediot, why would I necessarily know what that is.

Or you think I am a slowpoke like you that would google it and claim you know?

Dr Kitaun:

His team selection might not have worked wonders but for a coach getting to understand his team he has shown there are options to deploy, we never always agreed with Westerhof and his team selection then but it worked wonders, case in point - JJ at ANC 94.  

As I said, the whiteman's weaknesses would be excused by his arse lickers.

Serbia is peppering Ghana?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh Lawd, you surely know jacknot about football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
Lol. That goal was against the run of play.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ajayi123:

Abeg-o was this statement meant to be " are you wathcing Ghana pepper serbia" or what? Dr Kitaun which match are you watching please?

The gimp knows NOTHING about football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sugomu

black arselicker . . .sharrap, THE SERBS WERE DOING WELL JUST BEFORE THE GOAL, KINGSTON SAVED THEM TOO !
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by AjanleKoko: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite:

The gimp knows NOTHING about football.

Seconded.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2010
Sagamite

It wasnt that bad, I know that your doing everything to make Lagerback look as bad as Amodu!!

The Gospel truth is that Amodu is not fit to manage a beer parlour, I know the quality of our players is poor and you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but atleast we had a shape or pattern but under Amodu we were a joke!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Sugomu

black arselicker . . .sharrap, THE SERBS WERE DOING WELL JUST BEFORE THE GOAL, KINGSTON SAVED THEM TOO !

Fooool, you know NOTHING about football.

This is the same dimwit that claims Ike Uche is a fringe player for SE. Ode!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2010
This by Etuhu summarises it all!

"Usually when I play for my country it's not as organised as it was yesterday (Saturday).

"We didn't go out there to just play we actually had a game plan and we stuck together. For the first time in a long time you could see that we had some sort of coaching."
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ajanlekoko

seminal fluids have overtaken ur reasoning faculty, did u ever work with Dr Abalaka ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
omar22:

Sagamite

It wasnt that bad, I know that your doing everything to make Lagerback look as bad as Amodu!!

The Gospel truth is that Amodu is not fit to manage a beer parlour,  I know the quality of our players is poor and you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear,  but atleast we had a shape or pattern but under Amodu we were a joke!!!

Please pick any part of my statement that was a lie on our performance yesterday and state the correction.

Shape and pattern that led to one-on-one on keeper 6 times? And about 4 shots missing by inches or keeper diving to save? All in 90 mins, not 4 games?

That shape and pattern must really be fantastic.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
I don't think it has anything to do with youth. I just think as Nigerians we are still iving in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot boast of the kind of quality of players we used to parade in the past. Like I said yesterday, the guys at the world cup are our best, unfortunately, they are not good enough.

Prior to world cup '94, there was no week on BBC sports that you won't hear of a Nigerian scoring in a top european league. Today, how many can we even boast of playing in top teams?

Its sad but its the truth.

I just pray the FA will be wise enough to keep Lagerback for at least another two years, then we can start talking of a great team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
proudly9ja:

I don't think it has anything to do with youth. I just think as Nigerians we are still iving in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot boast of the kind of quality of players we used to parade in the past. Like I said yesterday, the guys at the world cup are our best, unfortunately, they are not good enough.

Prior to world cup '94, there was no week on BBC sports that you won't hear of a Nigerian scoring in a top european league. Today, how many can we even boast of playing in top teams?

Its sad but its the truth.

I just pray the FA will be wise enough to keep Lagerback for at least another two years, then we can start talking of a great team.

This is what I had been saying since, not only have our player quality dropped but other nations have raised their game.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370005.128.html#msg5211606

But clueless people like Dr Kissarse about football expect to walk over Tunisia because SE was great in 1994.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by AjanleKoko: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2010
proudly9ja:

Prior to world cup '94, there was no week on BBC sports that you won't hear of a Nigerian scoring in a top european league. Today, how many can we even boast of playing in top teams?.

In the last ten years, we have won the U-17 once, picked up an Olympic silver,as well as an U-21 silver. That in itself should put our guys in the top flight, no? I mean, chaps like Alves, Messi, Iniesta, are the best in the world today, and they all played with our guys in these same championships. Why aren't they signing up our guys?

Methinks we have largely been fielding overage players for all these competitions, and the big teams know. Which is why our boys disappear after major youth tournaments (can anybody explain what the heck happened to Macaulay Chrisantus) and are never heard from again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by dammytosh: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2010
The game was not as bad as some made it look.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2010
And the Big Boss himself, Stephen Keshi says:

“Although the Eagles started slowly as they weren’t ready to take much risk in the first half, they really came out in the second half taking the game to the Argentines.
“The Eagles did extremely well and there was compactness in their game, that shows the quality of work done on the team by the coach,” Keshi said.
Keshi who was the team captain when Nigeria debuted at their first World Cup in USA ‘94 also gave kudos to coach Lagerback for making the right subtitutions that turned the game around in the second half where the Eagles almost secured an equaliser.
“Lagerback really knows his onions and the substitutions he made really impacted on the game especially in the second half.
“When Obafemi Martins and Osaze Odemwingie came into the game, it really helped the Eagles to push forward and it was just unfortunate that the Eagles couldn’t get an equaliser.
“Ikechukwu Uche also ignited the midfield even though he took some time before getting into his element. Overall, I’m very impressed as Nigeria were not disgraced at all.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (87) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.