Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help (45004 Views)

My Bro Was Charged 1.4million To Clear Iphone 15 & I-watch From DHL Ikeja / Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by iamleumas: 7:52am On Jun 05, 2018
The mistake as being made... and I don't think you can tell them to return it back.... there are guys that import things for ppl or buy and import like mayoral I guess and I have a friend too... all d 50k u paid 4 shipping is just one chance 20$ will ship it to Nigeria.... if u need more info for your next shipping let me know... also ppl dont used Atm to paid 4 things or FedEx .....it's just too expensive..if it's from eBay or Amazon.... I know you are jolly just come...

Meanwhile, I am very broke right now and need money urgently, kindly contact me for any of these services:
* Article writing
* Blog design
* Logo design
* Fixing problems related to blogger platform
* Guest posting on blogs
* Facebook page/group management

You can call/whatsapp me via (070)64272729.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by ibietela2(m): 7:52am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
It was bought for 310k, 50k for shipping from US to Nigeria and now I'm facing 81k charges

It seems you have the money so pay up, next time using shoptomydoor

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Celestyn8213: 7:53am On Jun 05, 2018
Keep me posted.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by consultancy: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2018
you should have bought and shipped through a 3rd party like chrisvicmall or others. they are better at handling these outrageous custom charges(their items are not charged individually but in bulk)

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by johnnyholtby(m): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2018
I've been through such a scenario before..I even created a topic for it here...I had to pay 50k for my s8plus...ordered it through DHL...all carriers in Nigeria are the same....so I'mma advise you to go to their office in Lagos...dress properly....you can take some wey dey mature with you...just see their Oga..dey go help you reduce the price... funniest thing is you won't collect your package immediately....dey go tell you dem go being am...just be prepared.. stay sharp though

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Adekdammy: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2018
Fedex and import duty are like 5 and 6, they are so quick to tell you to pay into their acct without proper advice.

Any international courier, Dhl is way better.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2018
I can't imagine buying my self. A phone of 310k in this Nigeria economy. undecided undecided
wandeay:
It was bought for 310k, 50k for shipping from US to Nigeria and now I'm facing 81k charges

4 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by ayoBiz(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2018
Not strange, I was charged 38,350 for Samsung Galaxy note 8 in January and the funny thing is, it was a GIFT!
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
My major fear right now is Fedex must have added to the customs duty since they're the ones I'm communicating with, and they are not gonna provide a receipt for the payment, how do I trust them, since other people too complained abt them in particular.

Bro o understand how u feel. U have no option but to pay it. And God help u after u pay they won't send another email that DSS have seized ur package and u have to pay another fees to DSS before it is released. They do this a lot. Most packages coming from the US go through this, unless u use 3rd party shippers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by papoudaupolos: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I am expecting a phone and 3 sport wears which invoice bears $1264 (abt 455k), sent through Fedex, I was suprised to receive a mail from Fedex that my import duty from Custom is N81,415.68

Please, is this normal, to me it's outrageous, even if there's gonna be any duty, it should not be beyond 15%.

I need your advises and guidelines, pls.
Thanks.
Get a copy of customs tariff book check under 8517×××× and see the duty rate of your handset. From there you can start asking question .
I'm sure they inflated the rate of duty for you.

12 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by sauceEEP(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
Op next time use third party logistic companies, we have many of them on nairaland.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Fynestboi: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I am expecting a phone and 3 sport wears which invoice bears $1264 (abt 455k), sent through Fedex, I was suprised to receive a mail from Fedex that my import duty from Custom is N81,415.68

Please, is this normal, to me it's outrageous, even if there's gonna be any duty, it should not be beyond 15%.

Thanks.

We could have easily helped out by getting your order and delivering it to you for way less without hiccups. Check my signature and recently thread about F-ICO for those interested
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by KcAngel(m): 8:00am On Jun 05, 2018
redcliff:
omo you gopay that money or forefeit the phone...i feel sorry for you though. how much did you get the phone, how much is it in the market atm?
SEEMS THIS ONE STARTED NEW... CAUS TWICE I HAVE RECEIVED SOME PACKAGE THROUGH FEDEX.... I NEVER FACE SUCH I ONLY GO THERE SAY MY NAME MY PHONE ND WHAT IS IN THE PACK. I WAS MADE TO SIGN A BOOK THAT I HAVE RECEIVED. ND THE PACKAGE WAS HANDED OVER TO ME WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENT. SO VERIFY THAT EMAIL AND KNOW IF TRUELY IS FROM FEDEX

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Horus(m): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:

Thanks.

You can pay but you have the right to make a formal complaint. Claims for all shipments need to be initiated by phone. Call FedEx Customer Service as soon as possible. Duty rates in Nigeria vary from 0% to 35%, with the average duty rate at 16.96%.. Some products can be imported free of duty (e.g. books). VAT is levied on imports at a standard rate of 5% on the sum of the CIF value, duty, and excise and other taxes if applicable. There is no minimum threshold in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by richboy7(m): 8:05am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I'm only requesting for help or suggestions on what to do as a sane man who would not wanna rely only on his own understanding, I neva said I can't pay, as a businessman who has been doing this before, I already made my calculations that the landing cost would be around 330-340k, but the third party shipper which some are suggesting caused the high shipping rate, I had to accept not knowing it customs issues would still come up, I never wanted to use fedex, I always have dissatisfaction with them,

I'd like to thank all that gave useful suggestions without bashing, those that were negative too, thank you, it's a business, we should expect profit and loss, win some loose some!

N.B it can happen to anyone anytime, we are suppose to help each other not being negative to pull one's heart down.
bros don't mind them, everybody makes mistakes. the devil has pitched his tent in Nigeria that's why they are talking like that. the brother was just asking for help and instead of being mature about it you pple just dey abuse am. na wa 4 una

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by tartarus(m): 8:05am On Jun 05, 2018
You should have used "mall for Africa". Peace of mind tongue

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Cassie74: 8:05am On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

No mind am.. na itiboribo dhe worry am.. and e expect us to dhe clap for am.. as person wey ship iPhone from overseas... anumanu..

These are the kind of people that chase the spirit God away from Nigeria..

Easy bro... we all make mistakes and we become better. He might be a newbie to buying stuff online using less expensive avenues. A lot of peeps don't like exploring and some do but don't really understand, they need help and sometimes a push to fully understand stuff. Cut the insults pls. I am sure u don't know it all. He made a mistake simple. Most of these courier service are taking people for granted. Peeps need to shun their services...

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Idrismusty97(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2018
81k that will get me a pretty good android that is in par with or better than the iPhone.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by daddyp76(m): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2018
The duty payment for any communication item is 20% + 5% vat + 1%
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 05, 2018
you should have use shoptomydoor.com company the will estimate every things plus custom charge before the shipped for you or the send your item back to the store you purchase from

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:10am On Jun 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
but Nipost no dey charge like this naw, guy why dont u use nipost instead. I collect my iPhone and one gold ring from them cost me $1150 and nipost charge me #2100
Greetings, pls i will like u to hint me on nipost. We are expecting something from Bangdlash that weighs 5kg, pls how much could be the clearing cost. Thanks
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Obibrows: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2018
this happened to me twice. i used myus.com and first FEDEX and then DHL as couriers. i paid through my nose to get my package from them.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Suko110(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2018
Im never using fedex ever

4 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by freeman67: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2018
Why is the account they sent for the duty not customs or gov/remittance account. If it is actually the duty and that is the charge? If it was ordered through Jumia the custom duty charge would not have been upto N1,000. I do not know the country you ordered from sha.. But what I do if I order from USA is to contact a shipping company(www.heroshe.com) mostly if an order is upto or exceed certain amount stores offer free shipping.. So I will use that to ship it to heroshe warehouse. From there we calculate the shipping down to Nigeria by kilogrammes. Then after payment & confirmation you are given a time line for pick up or delivery depending on your location and option. They do not disturb you with any payment in Nigeria... They take care of duty from the charge..

This fedex custom duty tarrif is not customer friendly at all... Its not as if Nigeria is making phones per say so there is not stiff regulation on the importation.

I think you should go to their office in person and see if you can Negotiate it ooo.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 05, 2018
brownemmanuel43:

Greetings, pls i will like u to hint me on nipost. We are expecting something from Bangdlash that weighs 5kg, pls how much could be the clearing cost. Thanks
go to ur Nipost area and ask dem.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bamac(m): 8:16am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:

Thanks.
I think you should have ordered the phone on Jumia, that money is too much now. If you have the money i will suggest you let them return the items and get your refund.

Please call/Whatsapp on 08091180137 to order from Jumia now through a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Cassie74: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2018
KcAngel:
SEEMS THIS ONE STARTED NEW... CAUS TWICE I HAVE RECEIVED SOME PACKAGE THROUGH FEDEX.... I NEVER FACE SUCH I ONLY GO THERE SAY MY NAME MY PHONE ND WHAT IS IN THE PACK. I WAS MADE TO SIGN A BOOK THAT I HAVE RECEIVED. ND THE PACKAGE WAS HANDED OVER TO ME WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENT. SO VERIFY THAT EMAIL AND KNOW IF TRUELY IS FROM FEDEX

Just thank God.... they have not remembered you... FedEx and DHL do it to people randomly.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by laura8: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I'm only requesting for help or suggestions on what to do as a sane man who would not wanna rely only on his own understanding, I neva said I can't pay, as a businessman who has been doing this before, I already made my calculations that the landing cost would be around 330-340k, but the third party shipper which some are suggesting caused the high shipping rate, I had to accept not knowing it customs issues would still come up, I never wanted to use fedex, I always have dissatisfaction with them,

I'd like to thank all that gave useful suggestions without bashing, those that were negative too, thank you, it's a business, we should expect profit and loss, win some loose some!

N.B it can happen to anyone anytime, we are suppose to help each other not being negative to pull one's heart down.
sorry o..just clear it and digest the fact that shit happens....
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by olawumia(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2018
Which shop did you buy from? If the store offers shipping services like AliExpress or Amazon , send a mail that you haven't received your items. But if you sent it to the shipping company yourself you have to pay. Please next time use local shipping company. We have a lot of them, I from china and US ,I used local shippers.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by daddyp76(m): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2018
Do the calculations. For your next shipment from anywhere in the world, contact AFPEG INTEGRATED VENTURES, Nahco/Shacol office complex, M/M Int'l Airport Ikeja Lagos. Tel:08033770632 Email address: info.afpeg@gmail.com or ayoogun76@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k / Chris Evans Gets Rid Of The Iphone 6s He's Been Using For The Past 7 Years / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.