Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,138 members, 7,880,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help (45056 Views)

My Bro Was Charged 1.4million To Clear Iphone 15 & I-watch From DHL Ikeja / Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by DarryOsh(m): 6:50am On Jun 06, 2018
Elxandre:

Believe it or not, but I hold your moniker in high esteem, and I'm a bit surprised this is coming from you (condoning corruption)

When did it become a crime to buy a 300k phone?
You forget that the same 80k phone many people buy and term affordable is a great luxury to many poorer people.

I have friends who claim only a minimum of 6GB ram can suffice for what they do, and we argue and argue about it, so don't think expensive tech products are just a fashion or class statement.

A Nissan Micra moves quite well, but I'm sure you would want something bigger if you can afford it.
You aren't any better than the OP then.

By the way, the OP was buying to resell, so there goes your analogy right out through the window.

You have spoken well.

I really don't understand the logic. What if Op is even buying the phone for show off.

Should you be glad about other people's misfortune just because you have a different opinion on how they should spend THEIR OWN money?

If you cannot proffer a solution to the problem at hand there is no need to gloat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by fibonacci2526: 7:15am On Jun 06, 2018
We are so bitter in this country, what if he bought a phone of over 500k? Is it your damn money? This thread was a cry for help but some people felt it was an avenue to pour out their frustration on the OP. Get a life!

10 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Codes151(m): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Should HV asked someone to pickup n send u...
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by MartinCorridon: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2018
Felabiola:
Your own still good na..

WOW shocked shocked shocked shocked...what did you buy to be billed this much? shocked
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by darelar(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2018
mrjojo:
That money must surely be paid, no two ways about it. Next time use 3rd party logistics
Which third party can you recommend for shipping from China and the charge is moderate and can deliver less than a week.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by VULCAN(m): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
You are a lion. Carry Go!

MartinCorridon:
Dear Wandeay, check this link, but this is the full content. I experienced same and showed FedEx pepper! grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4543884/scammed-60k-import-duty-courier#68201288

This is to increase awareness on my experience with courier companies (FEDEX in this case)

The FedEx affair....

1. I bought items worth 180,044 Naira, I was told Nigerian Customs wanted N60,634.84 as custom charges (Email of January 29th) within 5 days. I paid on 31st January, 2018, i got the item on February 6th and demanded for a Customs Receipt (Email of February 7th),

· The fictitious duty was paid only AFTER I had received my package and AFTER I raised alarm.

· Receipt showed disparity in the amount paid into the Customs (N55,392 vs 60,634.84)

· “Airport taxes” were claimed and covered by a FedEx receipt when the only body responsible for issuing such receipts is the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)

I raised up the issue with a Team Lead who felt ignoring me would make me forget the issue.

2. I wrote to FedEx Nigeria Senior Management, providing ample evidence of the fraud and extortion by their staff, hoping for a simple solution – refunding the fraudulent charge in full and ending it there.

3. I started receiving an avalanche of harassing phone calls at odd hours (is this a FedEx policy?) culminating with a coercive threat call by a Director at 19.08 hrs on 6th March, 2018 (NOTE – The telecommunications provider can be subpoenaed for more details when we go to court) He was sorely mistaken, it just made me angrier.

4. I made covert investigations with legal counsel and I wanted to present evidence in America. I was strongly advised that the international offices would just cover up the case that I should reply to Homeland Security and FBI instead. I couldn’t unfortunately because I have some important issues to attend to in Nigeria.

I then escalated to 17 FedEx International Staff; mostly country managers about the fraud and extortion ring being perpetrated by FedEx Nigeria. I sent the mails at 5.30am and by 9.00am i got 17 "MAILER DAEMON" messages like all the messages weren't delivered (cover-up even at international level).

I had promised that i would escalate the case to the Presidency and the Head of Nigerian Customs. I received more threats and a letter from their lawyers.

They felt i was cowed, but they don't know i fully intend my money to be refunded.

HOW CAN ONE SEND A PETITION THAT IS SURE TO LAND AT THE DESK OF IBRAHIM MAGU (EFCC) AND HAMMED ALI (CUSTOMS)?

This is just the beginning..... wink
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by seriouzsam: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
They are very reliable. You items are in safe hands. if anything gets damaged or missing. You will be refunded withing 24hours after full verifcation.
bigt2:

I'm that kind of person who buys from people, oyinbo inclusive but Mayorall simply put all eggs in one basket and won't ship from a white. Prejudice at its peak you'll call it undecided

I've registered on shoptomydoor, hope they're reliable
I called them this morning and they said I need to register...
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
seriouzsam:
They are very reliable. You items are in safe hands. if anything gets damaged or missing. You will be refunded withing 24hours after full verifcation.
Glad to hear that. cheesy
I'll work with them. smiley
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by adamix(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Going through this thread and im not even disappointed, this is how nigerians act..

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Endee13: 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
What a sad trend.
I am expecting a package from fedex too. Laptop and 2 watches, bought with gift card and sent to me, all about $450 worth. They sent me a mail to speak directly with dss people to answer their questions. As if that wasn't enough shocker, I just found this thread and I'm just weak. To think I'll be paying customs heavily for goods I can't personally afford.
Please somebody should help me with the phone number of anyone in fedex or customs that can help beat down the price for me o.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Endee13: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
Is this thread dead all of a sudden?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
seriouzsam:
I pray you get this. Hope I won't have any problems with DSS or the customs when I use shoptomydoor
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
bigt2:

I pray you get this. Hope I won't have any problems with DSS or the customs when I use shoptomydoor

You would not have to deal with either DSS or customs for parcel delivery. I have made eleven orders from Shoptomydoor since 2015. I started using them a lot less and have made only one order in the past two years, but that is because they increased their pricing. They sometimes have hiccups in their processes, but I have not had a fraudulent experience with them. The thing I like about them is that they operate a door to door delivery service. Once you pay, you would not have to pay any other fee and the item arrives at your door. At least with standard air shipping, I have not used their ocean shipping service or their express DHL service.

I have been looking for a cheaper solution than Shoptomydoor but I would be honest and say they are at least legitimate and not that expensive. Plus when compared to websites like myus.com, they are cheaper.

To have peace of mind, ship something of a low value with them first. That's the simplest thing to do.

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2018
bigt2:

I'm that kind of person who buys from people, oyinbo inclusive but Mayorall simply put all eggs in one basket and won't ship from a white. Prejudice at its peak you'll call it undecided

I'm not sure I understand, but do you mean Mayorall refuses to ship from a seller to you because the seller is white? That's confusing because on Mayorall's thread, the majority of purchases are from Amazon US sellers and they are majority white.

Please could you explain to me if I've misunderstood? Thanks
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by mayorall(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
alababaju:

I'm not sure I understand, but do you mean Mayorall refuses to ship from a seller to you because the seller is white? That's confusing because on Mayorall's thread, the majority of purchases are from Amazon US sellers and they are majority white.

Please could you explain to me if I've misunderstood? Thanks

No, we ship from anybody.

But he's talking about boys who wants to send from their brothers uncles girlfriend who is white using our address and name.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
alababaju:

You would not have to deal with either DSS or customs for parcel delivery. I have made eleven orders from Shoptomydoor since 2015. I started using them a lot less and have made only one order in the past two years, but that is because they increased their pricing. They sometimes have hiccups in their processes, but I have not had a fraudulent experience with them. The thing I like about them is that they operate a door to door delivery service. Once you pay, you would not have to pay any other fee and the item arrives at your door. At least with standard air shipping, I have not used their ocean shipping service or their express DHL service.

I have been looking for a cheaper solution than Shoptomydoor but I would be honest and say they are at least legitimate and not that expensive. Plus when compared to websites like myus.com, they are cheaper.

To have peace of mind, ship something of a low value with them first. That's the simplest thing to do.
Thanks. I appreciate it!

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2018
mayorall:

No, we ship from anybody.

But he's talking about boys who wants to send from their brothers uncles girlfriend who is white using our address and name.
No!
I hope you're not referring to what I'm thinking about! undecided
Do I look or talk like one
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by kareenobi: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2018
Shoptomydoor is reliable and can be trusted for any weight/value of shipment. Infact presently, their billing is more transparent and clearly stated on the site for you to know how you are being billed.
Shopping and shipping from the US is now as easy as buying from my local market here and sometimes much easier sef. Kudos to Shoptomydoor.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Lorya: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
bigt2:

Thanks. I appreciate it!

The cost of shipping was recently crashed oh. Simply pick a phone to call and confirm information you get on this platform. Last time i shipped a phone with them and it was about $28 but recently when i used the get a quote it was $10 lesser or more sef. But please verify pricing from their customer service and you will not regret it. It's the wisest thing to do in this country, speak to the source not social media.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Lorya: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
seriouzsam:

Yes they are... i just love how they treat customers like gold. Great services by shoptomydoor.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Lorya:

The cost of shipping was recently crashed oh. Simply pick a phone to call and confirm information you get on this platform. Last time i shipped a phone with them and it was about $28 but recently when i used the get a quote it was $10 lesser or more sef. But please verify pricing from their customer service and you will not regret it. It's the wisest thing to do in this country, speak to the source not social media.
Thanks. This will go a long way in shipping refurbished phones. However, do. You have an idea if they ship without receipt? The phone has none but its in my name.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Lordability: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2018
Refurbished iPhones
greenhulk:

Lol, which one is pirated phone again? There is no such thing as pirated iPhone, it's either the real deal or a cloned copy and SLOT WILL NEVER SELL CLONED IPHONE. If ur iPhone runs on iOS and u can log in ur Apple acct then it's not fake.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
Lordability:
Refurbished iPhones

And how are refurbished iPhones pirated iPhones?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by nwaobitex: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
Chai 81k op what finally happened
Just stumbled on this thread
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by wandeay: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
nwaobitex:
Chai 81k op what finally happened
Just stumbled on this thread

I paid the exact amount quoted! No choice!
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by nwaobitex: 11:27am On Dec 12, 2018
wandeay:

I paid the exact amount quoted! No choice!
That's really sad. I dunno why customs are doing this to us.
That's how my friend had to pay 14k for a phone that cost 65k
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by youngelder(m): 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2018
So, if I'm shipping in a drone worth like 10-15k..

How do I go on about it... Without all this brouhaha?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by chudidonas(m): 1:22am On Sep 30, 2019
Interesing thread
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by mrcoolautofix(m): 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You have 2 options....

1 - Pay charges and receive goods
2 - Forfeit goods and hopefully they send it back and you claim a refund (less postage)

Ali, needs to fund his largesse............

How do you forfeit goods?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
mrcoolautofix:

How do you forfeit goods?

Not collecting from PO.......

But problem might arise, if they don't officially send it back ............
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Aje613(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
Yes the account details is a private account,one Abiola Akintunde...there's no way nipost can reach me because the sender didn't put my phone number on the package
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
Aje613:
Good afternoon,please I need help..I was sent a package from Pennsylvania through USPS on the 18th of March 2020,on the 27th of March my tracking status message was(my item was processed through our Jamaica NY international distribution Center facility on March 27 2020 at 2:04pm.the item is currently in transit to destination)..this has been the message since then whenever I track...secondly I'm scared because I didn't give the sender postal code,What the sender asked me was for zip code,of which I gave him +23401 but sent him Nigeria and imo state as area of delivery......thirdly,I've been searching on Google to see if i can talk to anyone on nipost,just on Thursday I did got a number on Google,I called and a man spake with me and was telling me that my package was with them in owerri imo state but due to the corona outbreak that I have to pay #18790 for my package to be delivered to me,I went to the post office after we spoke,the security man told me nobody was in the office and I shouldn't send any money...I just need help to know if I should send the money and I want to know if my package is truly in Nigeria..CH094903404US

Advise : Call that person again, request from him bank details to send payment to....

If it's a personal account, wait for the courier company to get in touch with you........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / Difference Between Boy-boy And Girl-girl Conversation On The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.