Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help (45002 Views)

My Bro Was Charged 1.4million To Clear Iphone 15 & I-watch From DHL Ikeja / Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by FunnyDude(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2018
The iphoneX iI bought last month with a Gucci watch cost $1543. I didn't pay a dime...Just settled those Nipost guy 2k
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by SirBunky85(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

No mind am.. na itiboribo dhe worry am.. and e expect us to dhe clap for am.. as person wey ship iPhone from overseas... anumanu..

These are the kind of people that chase the spirit God away from Nigeria..
enyia jiri ya nwayo nah.odika onwe buru ihe na-esere gina dat guy b4?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by correctBlogger(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, which one is pirated phone again? There is no such thing as pirated iPhone, it's either the real deal or a cloned copy and SLOT WILL NEVER SELL CLONED IPHONE. If ur iPhone runs on iOS and u can log in ur Apple acct then it's not fake.

Thank You greenhulk, i know you will always have my back.. jesusBoy.. grin grin
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:
The iphoneX iI bought last month with a Gucci watch cost $1543. I didn't pay a dime...Just settled those Nipost guy 2k

This one your name is funny dude, can we honestly take this your comment seriously or you're just playing?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by correctBlogger(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2018
ajayiopy:
I keep asking why Nigerian are buying product that they cant even use effectively. Most of the phones use by Nigerian are not optimally utilized . you will not be surprise that this Guy will use this phone mainly for chats, Facebooking and camera.Oga next time buy TECHNO,INFINIX etc. This is what a chinko will never do, spending his hard earned cash on expensive items.Femi otedola still using Nokia 3310

Oga go and sit down at the back... this your comment is out of context..

6 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by gurnam: 9:05am On Jun 05, 2018
Why were you not advised to pay directly into a Nigeria Cutoms Service account ?

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Kobicove(m): 9:06am On Jun 05, 2018
There's no way around this this...you need to pay up or loose the items undecided
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Cdec(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2018
Sorry bro! Next time you wish to ship an item, think of IQ Express. With IQ Express, you won't experience unreasonable billing nor delay in delivery. We offer the cheapest rate obtainable anywhere and our delivery is swift and seamless, no stories! Wheather it is air or sea freight, you can be sure that we got you adequately covered. A try will surely convince you. call 08150555021 or visit www.iqexpress.co.uk for more info
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by FunnyDude(m): 9:09am On Jun 05, 2018
slimdamatrix1:

This one your name is funny dude, can we honestly take this your comment seriously or you're just playing?

I'm a freelancer . I made above that monthly

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:11am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:

I'm a freelancer . I madd way above that monthly on upwork

I don't doubt you, I was simply kidding by the way.

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:14am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I'm only requesting for help or suggestions on what to do as a sane man who would not wanna rely only on his own understanding, I neva said I can't pay, as a businessman who has been doing this before, I already made my calculations that the landing cost would be around 330-340k, but the third party shipper which some are suggesting caused the high shipping rate, I had to accept not knowing it customs issues would still come up, I never wanted to use fedex, I always have dissatisfaction with them,

I'd like to thank all that gave useful suggestions without bashing, those that were negative too, thank you, it's a business, we should expect profit and loss, win some loose some!

N.B it can happen to anyone anytime, we are suppose to help each other not being negative to pull one's heart down.

This is a FEDEX issue! They are rogues! Not just in Nigeria alone.

I had the same bad experience with them while in Europe. Whereas when I use DHL, I have absolutely no issues. For future purposes, please avoid them and just use Nipost if you can't pay the cost of DHL.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by tolux247(m): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
My major fear right now is Fedex must have added to the customs duty since they're the ones I'm communicating with, and they are not gonna provide a receipt for the payment, how do I trust them, since other people too complained abt them in particular.

Ask them for the Print out of Customs Duty Assessment or they should return your goods back

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Originalsly: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:

It was bought for 310k, 50k for shipping from US to Nigeria and now I'm facing 81k charges

Seems like Red Star Express is contracted by FedEx to make deliveries. Seems like some Red Star employees are holding customers to ransom by demanding excessive Customs duty. FedEx main office is likely to have details of all official transactions regarding your package. These corporations do not play when it comes to their reputation...but how would they know if we the customers don't make reports? My sdvice....contact FedEx customer service directly....not Red Star. If they receive several reports and find Red Star is not providing the service as contracted...they will drop Red Star. As customers...we have the power just as customers in the US... the difference...they use their power we don't.

Contact FedEx Customer Service in South Africa 27-11 933 8000
or by email.....memaster@fedex.com
or..if youbcan get someone in the US to call on your behalf ...
1 800 463 3339
Have tracking #, sender info and any other shipping info before making calls.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by seyithug(m): 9:24am On Jun 05, 2018
The Customs are within FedEx facility. Go to their Lagos head office (they used to be somewhere around Mafoluku, Oshodi). Go there to negotiate with them.
Na all package dem dey see as yahoo yahoo, so they will always seize it until you pay. Just insist on pick up, immediately after you pay the negotiated sum and they release it. Otherwise, the delivery guys can still deliver empty box to you. �
FedEx are a terrible, scammer shipping company. �

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Sike(m): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2018
Nigga don enter am

5 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by vorigan: 9:34am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I am expecting a phone and 3 sport wears which invoice bears $1264 (abt 455k), sent through Fedex, I was suprised to receive a mail from Fedex that my import duty from Custom is N81,415.68

Please, is this normal, to me it's outrageous, even if there's gonna be any duty, it should not be beyond 15%.

I need your advises and guidelines, pls.
Thanks.

phone: 10% import duty, 5% VAT
Sports wear: 20%import duty, 5% VAT

Do the math

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:

Nipost is different from Fedex and DHL. Did u buy the items from the US? How long did it take before u received it?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by fabulouskeem(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2018
my brother na who advice you to use Fedex? nxt time make you use USPS PIORITY MAIL it de trackable and if custom go charge you self you can still bargain with them highest u go pay btw 20-30k..and if you can provide receipt of payment you can even pay less self

wandeay:
I am
expecting a phone and 3 sport wears which invoice bears $1264 (abt 455k), sent through Fedex, I was suprised to receive a mail from Fedex that my import duty from Custom is N81,415.68

Please, is this normal, to me it's outrageous, even if there's gonna be any duty, it should not be beyond 15%.

I need your advises and guidelines, pls.
Thanks.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by maxtreme: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I'm only requesting for help or suggestions on what to do as a sane man who would not wanna rely only on his own understanding, I neva said I can't pay, as a businessman who has been doing this before, I already made my calculations that the landing cost would be around 330-340k, but the third party shipper which some are suggesting caused the high shipping rate, I had to accept not knowing it customs issues would still come up, I never wanted to use fedex, I always have dissatisfaction with them,

I'd like to thank all that gave useful suggestions without bashing, those that were negative too, thank you, it's a business, we should expect profit and loss, win some loose some!

N.B it can happen to anyone anytime, we are suppose to help each other not being negative to pull one's heart down.
Do not mind d those fools. I'm sorry for your situation. I used DHL for goods (phones) worth $970 and never paid any duty. I guess FedEx is becoming unreliable. And for those fools, na poverty dey worry them, they are so hurt and surprised how someone could buy a 400k phone. Jumia and Konga do the same, they import too so what difference does it make unless you should pay less. Try and pay them their stupid money, next time use nairaland shippers as people have suggested.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Diso60090(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2018
Any High phone na High money deal or no deal?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by talk2emma: 9:45am On Jun 05, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
That's good for you

You brought those things with client c.c

So ready to pay

Pls what is c.c
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by geezynoni: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
but Nipost no dey charge like this naw, guy why dont u use nipost instead. I collect my iPhone and one gold ring from them cost me $1150 and nipost charge me #2100

Thank God say no b iphong u meet there or fufu
Or dem no tell u say dem lost u goods.. Goods.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by emmybernard(m): 9:48am On Jun 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
but Nipost no dey charge like this naw, guy why dont u use nipost instead. I collect my iPhone and one gold ring from them cost me $1150 and nipost charge me #2100

Very right have used Nipost too they even called me for pickup and I paid 3k depending on the weight
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Cassie74: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2018
greenhulk:

But oga, no vex oh. Wetin be ur concern wetin person use him money buy? Shey na ur money?

Helep me ask am.... a lot of people here just don't know when and where to draw the line. He said the phone is for business even if it's not.. how e take concern anybody. Phew!
His phone his money... Peeps are frustrated oo

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Arckeen: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2018
Naso e Dey Be , next time you wan send goods , if the iTem worth $800. Make you write $350. So the money you pay for Naija custom no go too much.....you sha gaz pay! This is Nigeria bro!

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by lambaprince: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2018
What I don't get is you having to pay into Redstar express account...is custom not using TSA, and if not I suppose the duty should be pay unto Customs account
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2018
Cassie74:

Helep me ask am.... a lot of people here just don't know when and where to draw the line. He said the phone is for business even if it's not.. how e take concern anybody. Phew!
His phone his money... Peeps are frustrated oo

I'm telling u, frustration level is really high. Only in this country will someone be dictating to u what u do with ur own money. When u are rich they call u g boy (some people on this thread are already saying OP bought the stuffs with client cc, I mean wtf). When u are poor they call u lazy. I just weak.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Ijelababy(f): 9:59am On Jun 05, 2018
LeHMaR:

in other words, you're gonna be paying 131k just to import the phone, over 40% of the phone's real cost... Why not travel out to the country where the phone is being sold?, buy the phone and return back to Nigeria with it... That way, i get to comprehend why you're spending that kind of money just to import a phone..
Lol
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 10:01am On Jun 05, 2018
donbenie:
You don't have much of an option really,I've been in the same boat after using MYUS.COM to ship a Galaxy Tablet and FedEx as the Courier..it's all rather random as I had been using it without any issues..
Next time I suggest you use some of Nairaland shippers as I never had such an issue with them..
Can you recommend those people please? I need to ship from USA and now I'm scared. embarassed
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Jackbell17: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2018
As if na me send you. Na you carry water and yam, no b u go know d one when heavy pass? How i go dey drink water for who chop goat? If you have 410k to import what is sold here you equally have the money to receive it or forget it. Abeg!
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by donbenie(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2018
bigt2:

Can you recommend those people please? I need to ship from USA and now I'm scared. embarassed
https://www.nairaland.com/3289673/mayorall-cargobuy-ship-usa-china.
I've done business with him severally and comes highly recommended and trustworthy,though a bit of patience is required..

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by okolet(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2018
Please how can i get contact of mikkyangel bro, i like to strike a deal with him..
gen2lpat:
Next time, use Mikkyangel and thank me later. Dude is good at what he does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k / Chris Evans Gets Rid Of The Iphone 6s He's Been Using For The Past 7 Years / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.