Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,026 members, 7,949,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? (17244 Views)

Homosexualism In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by rahjan: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
it was adam and eve God created not adam and steve
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
twinkle87:

Tufiakwa! aru emee! AJIGBA KWA IHEE OJOO! i saw one yday sef! if not for Corps i'ld hv SPAT ON HIM angry
ignorance
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Johnkent, you've now gone back to your genetics hypothesis, and you're still on this "rights" thing. I just sincerely hope you aren't talking about marriage.
I've always been an advocate for human rights. If it wasnt for people like Martin Luther King, Black folks might never be where they are in the US today.
I'll keep advocating for gay rights until the day I cease to exist just like Mr King!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Johnkent, you've now gone back to your genetics hypothesis, and you're still on this "rights" thing. I just sincerely hope you aren't talking about marriage.
I've always been an advocate for human rights. If it wasnt for people like Martin Luther King, Black folks might never be where they are in the US today.
I'll keep advocating for gay rights until the day I cease to exist just like Mr King!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by MadMax1(f): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
If anything isn't the way they're used to, it's 'wrong'. If they themselves had been wired gay, they'd be singing a different tune. Like agathamari pointed out, some things people considered 'immoral' in the past look silly now. There's no evil they won't use religion to justify, from their bigotry to mistreating women to outright murder. The bible says this or the quoran says that. They do the evil but lay it all at 'Lucifer's feet. Tear your hair out all you like. Gays are making huge and deserved leaps in recognition and they are not asking for your irrelevant permission or approval.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
*sigh*. . . very sad, but to each his own I guess, because it's like I stated earlier, people [pro-gays] who erroneously use the word "rights" have developed an intolerant mind to any discussion to the contrary. Which leads me to believe that you never actually came here to discuss the issue at all, Johnkent. You never entered this topic, intended on understanding those opposed to your pro-gay agenda.

Well, I certainly never came here for an argument. That I know. Neither did I come here to demoralize and coerce people into any ideology. I just came to understand and be understood. . . but like my people say oto nde owe nde; it's not everything that everyone will like/agree with. . . and tha e kelewa onye nthi ikhe; ma eligwe anufugh, ala nganu-inu; it's not everything that everyone will understand.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2010
Mad_Max:

If anything isn't the way they're used to, it's 'wrong'. If they themselves had been wired gay, they'd be singing a different tune. Like agathamari pointed out, some things people considered 'immoral' in the past look silly now. There's no evil they won't use religion to justify, from their bigotry to mistreating women to outright murder. The bible says this or the quoran says that. They do the evil but lay it all at 'Lucifer's feet. Tear your hair out all you like. Gays are making huge and deserved leaps in recognition and they are not asking for your irrelevant permission or approval.
Thank you. well said.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
ChinenyeN:

*sigh*. . . very sad, but to each his own I guess, because it's like I stated earlier, people [pro-gays] who erroneously use the word "rights" have developed an intolerant mind to any discussion to the contrary. Which leads me to believe that you never actually came here to discuss the issue at all, Johnkent. You never entered this topic, intended on understanding those opposed to your pro-gay agenda.

Well, I certainly never came here for an argument. That I know. Neither did I come here to demoralize and coerce people into any ideology. I just came to understand and be understood. . . but like my people say oto nde owe nde; it's not everything that everyone will like/agree with. . . and tha e kelewa onye nthi ikhe; ma eligwe anufugh, ala nganu-inu; it's not everything that everyone will understand.

The main arguments when it comes to homosexuality has always been the Issue of "gay rights". U can't have this kinda argument without talking about it. if you're not ready to let gays enjoy thesame rights that you and everyone else enjoys then ,
Just like the civil rights movements. it was all about rights. Just give the black man thesame rights as everyone else. The black man wasnt asking the white men to like them or accept them because they were black. All the were asking for was equality and thats exactly what gays are asking for in this cruel world of ours. lets give them a chance.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
Mad_Max:

Gays are making huge and deserved leaps in recognition and they are not asking for your irrelevant permission or approval.
 undecided hmm. . .
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by namski(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
To the extent that the practice of teaching about homosexuality in public schools as proposed in UK and also allowing gay/lesbian couples adopt children is not allowed and strictly prohibited, then I do not have any issues with any homosexual person.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
johnkent:

The main arguments when it comes to homosexuality has always been the Issue of "gay rights". U can't have this kinda argument without talking about it. if you're not ready to let gays enjoy thesame rights that you and everyone else enjoys then,
Just like the civil rights movements. it was all about rights. Just give the black man thesame rights as everyone else. The black man wasnt asking the white men to like them or accept them because they were black. All the were asking for was equality and thats exactly what gays are asking for in this cruel world of ours. lets give them a chance.
[center]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]
ChinenyeN:

*sigh*. . . very sad, but to each his own I guess, because it's like I stated earlier, people [pro-gays] who erroneously use the word "rights"
ChinenyeN:

Simply put, marriage is a social institution, and (I'm sorry to say, but) it is not an inalienable right.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by MadMax1(f): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
I wasn't directing the remarks at you ChinenyeN. Only to those who hate blindly without using the sense they're born with. The same bible they're basing their bigotry on has been used to justify everything from slavery to racism to anti-semitism to murder. Still they won't learn. They keep at it.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2010
Oh okay. My mistake then. Thanks for clarifying, Mad_Max.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
lol @ Max

the fact that you would even try to argue about this in a thread filled with ignorant dorks is hysterical

anyway Im out as Im sure all the responses are predictable.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by twinkle87(f): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ JohnKent abi na JohnC*nt: thats my own personal opinion! it irritates me!!! seem to be one shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2010
twinkle87:

@ JohnKent abi na JohnC*nt: thats my own personal opinion! it irritates me!!! seem to be one shocked shocked shocked
Now ur making fun of my name. not funny
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by mikeoscar: 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
Demonic and disgusting! embarassed
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by johnkent(m): 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
mike oscar:

Demonic and disgusting! embarassed
we've heard that before. Wat else u got?
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 04, 2010
Homo-sexuality is not a natural way to have intimacy.

We are 2 species

If you abuse dictates of nature. There is a price for it. Homosexuals regret at old age, when their muscles weaken and their yansh no more hold shit well
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2010
johnkent:

The main arguments when it comes to homosexuality has always been the Issue of "gay rights". U can't have this kinda argument without talking about it. if you're not ready to let gays enjoy thesame rights that you and everyone else enjoys then ,
Africans too have a right to preserve their culture and enviroment,therefore,the right of gay should be suspended for the sake of the majority NORMAL human generation.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by anjyzplace: 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2010
Homosexualism is being Treated in some hospitals in some countries.

It has not yet been confirmed, but I am sure its a kind of illness very related to psychiatry issues and bi polar illness. It has a spiritual side as well, Everything does, the extent is what matters.

Even among all religions we have people that pratice them just as people sleep with animals.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by rubaslipa: 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2010
anjyzplace: Homosexualism is being Treated in some hospitals in some countries.

No it isn't. Don't talk cr@p and spread disinformation. Which hospitals in which countries are these?

Where this has been tried (e.g. in Europe in the 19th century), it was invariably unsuccessful. Not surprising, as being gay or lesbian is neither a physical or mental illness, even though you wish it to be. I'm sure you are still protesting over left-handed people.

@LeoMax
We are 2 species
No we are not, all human beings belong to one species.

Homosexuals regret at old age
Who told you that? More wishful thinking. FYI not all gay men practice @n@l sex, and lesbians almost never. Meantime, many straight men f*** their women in the @ss. Do they regret later? Not that I've ever heard. And unlike you, I know what I'm talking about. Go back to your village. Maybe some elders there will advise you to talk more about what you know and try using your mouth instead of leaving it to your own @ss to spout uninformed nonsense.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by jamestab: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2010
"many straight men f*** their women in the @ss" its still what d gay pple do, how far shocked
every man for himself, God for us all
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by otukpo(f): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
Tufiakwa! ihe ojoo jekwe.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by anjyzplace: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
From

http://www.narth.com/docs/whitehead.html,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsglDXW34yo

The American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from its diagnostic list of mental disorders in 1973, despite substantial protest, the Point is that it was a mistake.

its a biplor related kind of illness, you can imagine a person who claims his bones are not HIS but were replaced by aliens but lives a normal live. you wouldn't regard this as normal. Neither would you say he is MAD because he still dresses and do what normal people do.

But the ultimate thing is we can always believe what we like but the truth is the truth, we can also learn from nature and we can tell if something is out of the norm and ordinary,

I dont have a problem with gay people I only wish the spells and unseen forces that make them do what they do is not in them. the same force that makes a man commit suicide is the same as homosexual
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by rubaslipa: 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2010
As you depend only on your own unknowledgeable opinion, and hate facts, you make this too easy for me.

http://www.narth.com/docs/whitehead.html,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsglDXW34yo

The American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from its diagnostic list of mental disorders in 1973, despite substantial protest

Did you even watch the video?  The youtube link is actually destroying your argument - pointing out the inconsistencies.

It is NARTH saying that there was substantial protest in 1973. They would have more point by mention who that protest came from (Republicans and other conservatives most likely), and even better, they could check their opinion now, 37 years on.

I hope you are aware that NARTH is not objective? They are a well-known anti-gay organisation, so they won't mention the truth - that their efforts to 'cure' gays work about as well as 'curing' straight men and women. That is, not well at all. Also, NARTH are misleading about mental illness in gay men and women. They forget to mention that the main factor in gay mental illness is the pressure they are under to pretend otherwise, and the difficulty in living in societies where they are mindlessly hated and have to live under cover.

the Point is that it was a mistake
Who says so? the
American Psychiatric Association don't say so, and even NARTH aren't saying so. The only person saying so is you, and you've already shown that you don't know what you are talking about.

I dont have a problem with gay people
Please, stop lying.

Even among all religions we have people that pratice them just as people sleep with animals
You compare gay people with people that sleep with animals, and then you say you have no problem with them? There is no society on earth where bestiality is legal, and there never will be. Stop bringing red herrings.

we can also learn from nature and we can tell if something is out of the norm and ordinary

More unintelligent nonsense. Nobody looks to nature as the rule as tow what is right or wrong. Human beings are different from other animals in important ways.  In the majority of animals the males fight before mating - should we do so? Dogs will return to their own vomit to eat, and even climb their mothers and sisters - do you copy that? I hope not.

Things that we do, but animals don't: Even at twelve years old, a human child can expect help from the father, should we abandon this? A sick or old person gets help from their family and friends. Should we stop this, as animals don't do it? Only human beings menstruate, and have intimacy throughout the seasons of the year. You mean you don't go and meet your wife/husband because animals too don't do it?  shocked

Your argument be like Primary 5 pikin. Comot. Mek una bring me beta person, wey fit mek point.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by anjyzplace: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2010
Sex is primarily for Reproduction,
Only Human beings have sex for entertainment,
Sex which isn't related to Relationship is absolute Madness,
I am sure you support Paedophilia, they are moral defined,
It goes back to as far back as 2000BC, so I see no point trying to stop it,
We have so much immoralities in the world anyway.

End of Discussion
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by rubaslipa: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2010
Most of your points contradict each other, are you ok?

intimacy is primarily for Reproduction
No, we also have intimacy as a way of bonding with our partner

Only Human beings have intimacy for entertainment,
True, but didn't you just say that is is for reproduction?

intimacy which isn't related to Relationship is absolute Madness,

As if men don't have s@x as one-night stand, women do it for money etc etc.

I am sure you support Paedophilia, they are moral defined,
[b]You [/b]might be sure, but we've already agreed that you don't know anything. You are sure I support paedophilia? Well, I am sure that a paedophile will catch your child. Idiot.
What does 'they are moral defined' even mean?

I'm telling you for the last time: you don't know how to argue, so stop trying. You're embarrassing yourself
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
anjyzplace:

Homosexualism is being Treated in some hospitals in some countries.

It has not yet been confirmed, but I am sure its a kind of illness very related to psychiatry issues and bi polar illness. It has a spiritual side as well, Everything does, the extent is what matters.

Even among all religions we have people that pratice them just as people sleep with animals.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by bawomolo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2010
sagamite - why is right for heterosexual couples to engage in anal and oral intimacy but wrong for homosexual couples to do so?
that seems hypocritical to me since your argument against homosexuals is that they can't reproduce.  does anal or oral lead to reproduction?

LeoMax:

Homo-sexuality is not a natural way to have intimacy.

We are 2 species

If you abuse dictates of nature. There is a price for it. Homosexuals regret at old age, when their muscles weaken and their yansh no more hold poo well

lol because only and only homosexuals have anal sexxxx. i bet them lesbians are having a lot of anal loving. its funny how you guys reduce a relationship to only sex. what about loving and caring for the other partner? is sex all you guys think about.

its also funny that the most homophobic people have detailed descriptions of gay sex.
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by jswagg4(m): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2010
tufi akwa, angry
Re: What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? by Ranoscky(m): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
Omo na dem sabi jare, for me, i don't surport it but i v no judgement for it. ev'body get his or her own lyfe to lyve.

afterall, i'v been aproached by a gay and i discharged him without any insult or any harsh word!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Majority Itsekiri,Ilaje,olukumi People Of Delta State, And Yoruba Words / The Genesis Of Oba-ile Town, Osun State (HISTORY) / Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.