Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,170 members, 7,903,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

Awolowo Had No Equal - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Had No Equal (29937 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / awolowo had no power to remove Western nigeria from Nigeria. Only Ademusiwa has / Eze:awolowo Had Nothing To Do With Biafra,gowon Who Lead The Killing 1 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by rhymz(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
Na wa O! Who come be dis thug wey dey scatter yarn like say im dey for one of those parks wey dey kilo and ojuelegba. . .ogbe ni lo jo ko jor o tie ni oro lenu. . . Scheeew. . . Computer age just dey give dutch courage to every nincompoop wey buy one fairly used fone 4rm ladikpo and computer village to gist okpata, ppl wey no go fit even make correct sentence. . Lol. . Hahahaha. . nta kwanu gi, anuofia ne nweru uche!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by swezenberg(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
Between the two of us, a sane mind could decipher that you are more of a tout than I am from your syntax and semantics. Am not a graduate of your gutter "CNN" but a prestigious school from the SW
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by AndreUweh(m): 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
@Swezenberg: It is pointless insulting Zik and the rest. Some of the idiots you are emulating are down already. Remember, they say that ''he that is down needs fear no fall. You have only started as you have less than hundred posts unless you have been banned previously. Show some respect to people as you type and let it not seem as if you are here to put your hand in your finger. Only shameless maggots do that.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by kettykings: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2010
Sometimes when people boast about lagos being yoruba land and all that I can't help but laugh,  for benefit of doubt lagos was first discovered by people from bini kingdom the kosoko , oshodi apongbon who. Thronged the place and used it as a place to transact beusiness with the portuguese .  Lagos was run as a separate colony before 1914 by the british and even after the mereger was administered separately from the south west .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos

Lagos became a part of yoruba land after the 1967 state creation when the new rulers of nigeria started conteming bringing the capital nearer their home.

Prior to that time ibadan (the dirtiest state capital presently ) was the capital of yoruba land. Where Awo ruled from.
Today this people have usurped lagos from their original founders coveted the land in lagos and are threatening other people who live in lagos and claiming lagos as part of Awos trumped up achievement
Notice how the same people have started coveting nigerdelta land and have annexed ijaw land with ondo that initially did not have oil.

The yorubas are just walking .
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2010
FACE:

Knob head, if you had any sense you would remember that I once told you that I would not descend to your level for any reason. I will advise you to go back to the cheap drugs you are taking and be happy.

Ah, adhering to the Ibo saying like a true son of Ibo nation: "If u cant win an argument with facts, just twist the topic, spread lies, and accuse ur opponent of being a narcotics abuser"- Ojukku (1970).

I asked a simple question: IF IBO LEADERS WERE SO GREAT, AND " DID IT ALL" FOR YALL, HOW COME U GUYS ARE CRYING THAT U DIDNT BENEFIT FROM MR AWOLOWO'S LARGESSE TO THE WESTERN REGION OF NIGERIA?!!?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2010
kettykings:

Notice how the same people have started coveting nigerdelta land and have annexed ijaw land

Dude, U gotta be kidding me!!! I really hope u referring to Ibos with the bolded! Is it just me or is it that u Ibos love to twist history? The last guy I recall having wet-dreams about the Niger-Delta caused a bloody  civil-war that killed ova 3 million of his people. . . Wow! Ibos and the truth sure dont mix like water and oil!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by chika98: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2010
Whoever said that the Igbo's have a deep hatred for Yoruba's isn't fibbing. The truth of it is. . The Yoruba's dislike the Igbos and vice versa. There is nothing like one Nigeria when one ethnic group despises another. it is even displayed on this forum daily! Everyone thinks that their ethnic group is better than the other.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2010
kettykings:

Sometimes when people boast about lagos being yoruba land and all that I can't help but laugh,  for benefit of doubt lagos was first discovered by people from bini kingdom the kosoko , oshodi apongbon who. Thronged the place and used it as a place to transact beusiness with the portuguese .  Lagos was run as a separate colony before 1914 by the british and even after the mereger was administered separately from the south west .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos

Lagos became a part of yoruba land after the 1967 state creation when the new rulers of nigeria started conteming bringing the capital nearer their home.

Prior to that time ibadan (the dirtiest state capital presently ) was the capital of yoruba land. Where Awo ruled from.
Today this people have usurped lagos from their original founders coveted the land in lagos and are threatening other people who live in lagos and claiming lagos as part of Awos trumped up achievement
Notice how the same people have started coveting nigerdelta land and have annexed ijaw land with ondo that initially did not have oil.

The yorubas are just walking .

Therefore, Hong Kong should not be considered part of China, because it was occupied by the British since 1841 until recently (1997)
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2010
chika98:

Whoever said that the Igbo's have a deep hatred for Yoruba's isn't fibbing. The truth of it is. . The Yoruba's dislike the Igbos and vice versa. There is nothing like one Nigeria when one ethnic group despises another. it is even displayed on this forum daily! Everyone thinks that their ethnic group is better than the other.

True. Although i dont hate anyone, it seems obvious that they have both hated each other from the onset. I think if Nigeria had divided, the igbo and yoruba people would have missed all the fighting and come back together. Absence makes the heart grow fonder
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by chika98: 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2010
SEFAGO:

True. Although i dont hate anyone, it seems obvious that they have both hated each other from the onset. I think if Nigeria had divided, the igbo and yoruba people would have missed all the fighting and come back together. Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Each ethnic group has something positive and negative about them. I personally think the average Yoruba woman is so far ahead in confidence and self esteem because they are taught to never take non-sense from a man. The Igbo woman will stay in her marriage till her death because her people want her to. You saw "Welcome to Lagos" and how that Esther threw her husband's things out of the house and still remained strong. Igbo woman would never dare!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2010
I think we have loads of educated illiterates in Nigeria. How can someone come here and say Awolowo was the best leader Nigeria ever had and expect no static. As an Igbo man, i respect what Awolowo did for his Yoruba people even though he did it at the detriment of others. It's ok to say he's the best regional leader Nigeria has ever produced but to say he had no equal is insanity and a grave insult to the great nationalistic leaders this country has produced. It's just ike the Jihads telling us that Osama is the best leader ever. To them he is but to us he's no more than a freaking terrorist. That the same way the Igbos see Awolowo and you can't fault them for that Just the same way you can't fault yorubas for hating on Ojukwu. Let's behave like people with at least a secondary school Cert for once.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2010
I think we have loads of educated illiterates in Nigeria. How can someone come here and say Awolowo was the best leader Nigeria ever had and expect no static.

Speaking of illiteracy its statistic last time I checked
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
chika98:

Each ethnic group has something positive and negative about them. I personally think the average Yoruba woman is so far ahead in confidence and self esteem because they are taught to never take non-sense from a man. The Igbo woman will stay in her marriage till her death because her people want her to. You saw "Welcome to Lagos" and how that Esther threw her husband's things out of the house and still remained strong. Igbo woman would never dare!
One of the reasons why Yoruba men loff Igbo women and Igbo men cant stand Yoruba women.
You're not far from the truth. . . . My mother will personally slap me if I take crap from any man.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by rhymz(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
Hahahaha. . . Na wa O! . . Some ppl sabi display low self esteem no be small sha! Abeg go crash for ya gutter bed. Wetin concern me with the kafanchan wey U go? Hahahahaha. . Akukor!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
SEFAGO:

Speaking of illiteracy its statistic last time I checked
Mumu, i meant static not statistics, check your dicksionary.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
FL Gators:

One of the reasons why Yoruba men loff Igbo women and Igbo men cant stand Yoruba women.
You're not far from the truth. . . . My mother will personally slap me if I take crap from any man.

bullcrap. All Nigerian women tvake crap. They are mentally wired to do so, but I dont wanna go off-topic

afam4eva:

Mumu, i meant static not statistics, check your dicksionary.

Thats very figurative, but I understand what you mean now. I have never seen it used that way b4, but I will let it pass
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by AndreUweh(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

I think we have loads of educated illiterates in Nigeria. How can someone come here and say Awolowo was the best leader Nigeria ever had and expect no static. As an Igbo man, i respect what Awolowo did for his Yoruba people even though he did it at the detriment of others. It's ok to say he's the best regional leader Nigeria has ever produced but to say he had no equal is insanity and a grave insult to the great nationalistic leaders this country has produced. It's just ike the Jihads telling us that Osama is the best leader ever. To them he is but to us he's no more than a freaking terrorist. That the same way the Igbos see Awolowo and you can't fault them for that Just the same way you can't fault yorubas for hating on Ojukwu. Let's behave like people with at least a secondary school Cert for once.
Well done Afam. The best brains from the west are not even posting on this thread. Instead you have castrated maggots displaying how shallow their brains are. It is a pity.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Well done Afam. The best brains from the west are not even posting on this thread. Instead you have castrated maggots displaying how shallow their brains are. It is a pity.

The best brains are those that agree with you sebi?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by chika98: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
My problem with the politics section is people make so many sensless and tribalistic arguments that aren't even valid.
It just displays how daft and bigoted a lot of Nigerians are. Rarely will one see a sensible topic on here.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
SEFAGO:

The best brains are those that agree with you sebi?

It's called common sense.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2010
SEFAGO:

bullcrap. All Nigerian women [b]tvake [/b]crap. They are mentally wired to do so, but I dont wanna go off-topic
Yea, dont derail. gay.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

I dont know what your talking about by the detriment of other because everything Awo did - we are talking about was before 1960.

So what the hell are you saying.

chika98:

Dislike is something different than hatred- yorubas dont dislike or hate people Your average yoruba person in the West doesnt hate igbos if anything- he/she just doesnt associate with people who are non yoruba or people who dont speak yoruba.
So its nothing against igbo because there are yoruba who see every non yoruba person in south Nigeria as igbo- whether Ijaw, calabar, even urhobo sef.

- Igbo on the other hand- yoruba back stabbers, liars coward blah blah blah etc. . . You dont hear things of that nature in yorubaland about igbos in particular.

But igbos hatred for yorubas is DIRECTED AT YORUBAS.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

The question is, if Awolowo was not the head of state during the war, why is all the vitriol directed at him and not the man who was really in charge.

I have read incredible stories on this forum of how Awolowo directed the Army to destroy farm lands and directed banks to give Igbos only 10 pounds!

C'mon let's be reasonable, it is virtually impossible for Awolowo to go above Gowon to implement anything let alone directing the Army!!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
Tuyis:

C'mon let's be reasonable, it is virtually impossible for Awolowo to go above Gowon to implement anything let alone directing the Army!!

What was Awolowo's position at that time?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

Yorubas dont hate Ojukwu we just think hes stu.pid-

afam4eva:

Hre's the educated illiteracy i was talking about. Is your name Yoruba? How can you speak on behalf of all the yorubas in the world.

Thats why I said an average yoruba person.

I like most yorubas dont hate igbo will I vote for one?- No, not even if my wife is igbo and her dad is contesting to be president.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by SEFAGO(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

Minister of Finance right- so? Please dont produce a weak argument because I feel like smashing someone intellectually this morning
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by bkbabe97: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2010
FACE:

Zik (go and look up his profile) did his stuff while he could but Okpara achieved more for the eastern region. Nationally, Zik had more relevance than Awolowo. He was president and Awolowo was a back bencher end of. Even the Nigerian govt has confirmed that --- you only need to look at N100 and N500 to confirm that. cool

Lol. hAHAHAHA.Ibo analogy at its best!lol. I googled that worthless piece of paper you call the Naira and saw that ure a true Ibo man!!!lol. So, by your analogy the United States govt regards George Washington as a "back bencher" while Benjamin Franklin is the "Original Don Dada" lol. slowpoke!

kettykings:

what kind of a self conceited regional leader would issue a statement that if East by omission or commission is allowed to seccede the west would seccede ( it shows lack of integrity and self will , awolowo's yoruba destiny being dependent on igbo destiny)

A leader that thot to himself  ". . . .dayummmn, this Ojuku dude is a dunce on a suicide mission. But, if by some chance this slowpoke succeeds with his madness, shiyyyyt, its hipeeyaiyee, and we outta here too"

kettykings:

Even though  zik could not see the future of nigeria but was driven by his pan african dream and vision to rule Africa,

So, your hero couldnt get Eastern Region of Nigeria (greedier and faster-fin*g.ered Ibos had already laid claim to that) yet he wanted not just the Western Region, BUT AFRICA AS A WHOLE AS HIS FIEFDOM!! And u get mad when someone says yall some greedy muthaeffers!!! undecided

kettykings:

Why couldn't he just let the igbos go after getting the nigerdelta ?

Maybe cus THE IBOS DIDNT WANNA LEAVE WITHOUT THE NIGER-DELTA!!!! You dont believe me ASK KEN SARO-WIWA!!! And ask Ojuku why he had a hand in his death!!!

kettykings:

I think some tribes have this tribal inadequacy , lack of tribal confidence.

Yep, like the Ibos always blaming all their faults on the Yorubas! News Headline: "IBO DRUG TRAFFICKER TO DIE BY HANGING IN THAILAND". Ibo drug traffickers family's response: "MR AWOLOWO KILLED OUR SON!!!"  undecided

kettykings:

The same Awolowo when the war ended decided that for the millions igbo depostied in banks they were to get 20 pounds or 5000 naira . The most brazen case of deprivation for a people who lost everything in war.

Sure, hand them $1million each for every worthless Biafran Pounds they hand ova to us!!!

kettykings:

Notice the same Awolowo committed suicide in 1987 in unclear circumstances  , did he kill him self because he couldn't get the presidency or that the igbos he once tried to cripple were bouncing back to relevance [/b]or that he has been fooled by the devil.

1987 -2010 is 23years!!! kINda long a time for a people that "were bouncing back to relevance". Who had the last few presidents again?

kettykings:

[b]Please notice the similarity between Awolowo's life and that of Judas iscariot.

Nah, I dont see the correlation! Could u be kind enough to explain futher??! Last I heard: Ojuku endorsed the murderous Gen. Barbangidah to become president. Oh, and the internet is replete with stories of how Ibo men formed groups and organizations supporting the evil Gen. Abacha to become "PRESIDENT FOR LIFE"!!! Is it true that an Ibo man will sell his soul to the devil for a penny? What were u saying again about some dude being similar to Judas?!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by chika98: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2010
sjeezy8:

Dislike is something different than hatred- yorubas dont dislike or hate people Your average yoruba person in the West doesnt hate igbos if anything- he/she just doesnt associate with people who are non yoruba or people who dont speak yoruba.
So its nothing against igbo because there are yoruba who see every non yoruba person in south Nigeria as igbo- whether Ijaw, calabar, even urhobo sef.

- Igbo on the other hand- yoruba back stabbers, liars coward blah blah blah etc. . . You dont hear things of that nature in yorubaland about igbos in particular.

But igbos hatred for yorubas is DIRECTED AT YORUBAS.

Listen carefully to what you've just said. If you hate a certain group of people that happen to be Yoruba's then isn't the hatred going to be directed towards them?
Stop being a hypocrite! Yoruba people do not like the Igbos. Are you saying the they all think highly of the Igbos seeing as they don't say "things" about them?

You post on this forum and that alone blows that argument out of the water. Do you not see how there is a constant power struggle amongst Nigerians here who claim to be educated and thus "open minded"? Nigeria is not united. There are 3 different ethnic groups who are different and unique. The day they all decide to at least come together and put their differences to good use. . Nothing will change. It is all a down ward spiral.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Tuyis: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2010
afam4eva:

Finance minister, I guess. That does not make you the commander in chief of the Armed Forces in my opinion!
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by Afam4eva(m): 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2010
SEFAGO:

Minister of Finance right- so? Please dont produce a weak argument because I feel like smashing someone intellectually this morning
Tuyis:

Finance minister, I guess. That does not make you the commander in chief of the Armed Forces in my opinion!
So, was his job as the minster of finance for decoration?
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by sjeezy8: 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
chika98:

Listen carefully to what you've just said. If you hate a certain group of people that happen to be Yoruba's then isn't the hatred going to be directed towards them?
Stop being a hypocrite! Yoruba people do not like the Igbos. Are you saying the they all think highly of the Igbos seeing as they don't say "things" about them?

You post on this forum and that alone blows that argument out of the water. Do you not see how there is a constant power struggle amongst Nigerians here who claim to be educated and thus "open minded"? Nigeria is not united. There are 3 different ethnic groups who are different and unique. The day they all decide to at least come together and put their differences to good use. . Nothing will change. It is all a down ward spiral.

Yorubas treat every non yoruba the same. thats my point. Igbos have a hatred for yorubas in particular.
Re: Awolowo Had No Equal by chika98: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2010
sjeezy8:

[b]Yorubas treat every non yoruba the same. [/b]thats my point. Igbos have a hatred for yorubas in particular.

Right! Of course they do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (27) (Reply)

Ibrahim Idris Arrives Dubai In Style. Photos / Lagos LG Election: Protest Over Ballot Papers Found In Bus At Agege / Photos From Rotimi Amaechi's 53rd Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.