Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,041 members, 7,980,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 (23083 Views)

Poll: What Will Be The Outcome Of The Match?

Nigeria Wins: 70% (48 votes)
A Draw: 22% (15 votes)
North Korea Wins: 7% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by bawomolo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
what the hell is up with the bootleg commentators on supersport?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jalether(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
Guys what's your prediction on lars preferred starting X1 for the WC
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by segzz5: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
Who be this Okpara for supersport na, wetin supersport dey do no good o, which kain sport analyst be this,
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by pelezico: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2010
Same old Eagles - we needed you blood like Anichebe but we get zimmer frame Kanu

They played OK in the first half - saw something to give hope but they can't keep it up with flowing football, forwards making runs and defenders like Taiwo defending - ok we just scored a third but North Korea are not very good - perhaps the whooping boys of their group

Nigeria could be the whooping boys too - depends on whether they can correct mistakes - but Taiwo is clearly going to get BUSTED on that left - he's goto be dropped
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Jaylone(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jalether(m): 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2010
Nigerians are too difficult to please/impress. SMH.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
Yippee! a brand new lease of life for our atrocious soccer optimists, Nigeria Wins the World Cup on the strength of this friendly with chink-chinko players from NK grin
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
It is going to be a big time massacre against Argentina not because we do not have the players but because we do not have the tactics.

I don't see the point of over working Haruna Lukman for nothing. We have players who can win balls in the defensive midfield position in Kaita, Ayila and Etuhu and so Haruna should be in a freer role.

a midfield triangle of

Dickson Etuhu                     Sani Kaita

Haruna Lukman

will suffice.

But if we file out and it is just a flat 2 man midfield of any combination whatsoever sorry we are in soup.

Siasia would have played a 4 - 2- 3 - 1 formation knowing the strengths of our team. We can only be strong defensively and hit teams on the break. Thats the only way we can play. We don't have the playeres to play samber.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by omar22(m): 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
Nigerians are too difficult to please/impress. SMH.

and whats pleasing about what we saw?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by segzz5: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
My problem with Taiwo is , all he thinks about is him not get beating by an attacker, so he backs off and give the attacker space to make a cross or a killer pass, he doesnt wanna close down attackers so he wont be beating, ' o ma ma ta di meyin', rubbish player, come to think of it, messi will be playing from the right side, and he cuts in and takes a shot or lay a pass, so Lars should just deploy someone to support Taye o when messi is with the ball!!abeg o!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
omar22:

and whats pleasing about what we saw?
They won by a 2 goal margin.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by otokx(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
Some people are going to get HBP watching the eagles at the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jalether(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

Even almighty spain, with all their world class players, had to work hard for their 1 goal win over south Korea

I stopped the habit of trying to impress people, especially Nigerians about 6 years ago.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by BabaIbeji: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2010
segzz5:

My problem with Taiwo is , all he thinks about is him not get beating by an attacker, so he backs off and give the attacker space to make a cross or a killer pass, he doesnt wanna close down attackers so he wont be beating,  ' o ma ma ta di meyin', rubbish player, come to think of it, messi will be playing from the right side, and he cuts in and takes a shot or lay a pass, so Lars should just deploy someone to support Taye o when messi is with the ball!!abeg o!

Taiwo is a big time liability if left by himself.  I am really worried about him - I have seen way too many errors on his part in different games for me to think that he had an off day today.  The question is who will be his replacement? Because I cannot see how in good conscience Lagerback will start Taiwo
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2010
jalether:

Even almighty spain, with all their world class players, had to work hard for their 1 goal win over south Korea

I stopped the habit of trying to impress people, especially Nigerians about 6 years ago.

How many did the refree score or prevent for us?

3 - 1 margin in this match means nothing to me. Besides South Korea have better ball juglers than North Korea.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by akigbemaru: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2010
Who is that Okpara a.k.a. YEYE analyst? Is that the best that can be out of naija? He doesn't fit well in that position, he can't even blow a correct grammar, if at all his analysis was below average. Then, he was looking from a pamphlet throughout the time.  The other two analysts made him look stupid, that makes me wondered that upon all good analysts on Nairaland, is that what naija can offer. Anyway, naija is a country where dog kills lion.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2010
Nigerians are their own worst enemies. Why were the Nigerians screaming and happy when coach Largerback brought him in the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by omar22(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2010

wow! we beat a team who are just above canada in the world ranking

we got a dodgy penalty

N Korea were denied a legimate penalty

we decided to loose our shape, focus and descipline

No matter how much skill you have theirs a place and time to use it and Kanu!!!!

Gaddamit,  its like Cameroun bringing back Roger Milla
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by 12large: 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
mikeeasy you are right, the only place sani keita should play against argentina is defensive midfield, because if haruna play the role he played today, freekicks go plenty for argentina
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
By this time next week things will be quite clear.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by pelezico: 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2010
The good was Haruna and Chidi. Chidi needs to keep it simple when opposition are attacking.  Midfield was good but must be better -

Forwards must be mobile - not sure whether Yakubu is the main problem here in that if he were more mobile he could help to command that area and get players to make great runs

Haruna was very good - lovely player - however it looks like players were relying on him to much - thing is his young and might commit many fouls when the pressures own - he needs a cooler head - id have him play as an attacking midfielder but he holds so well so really difficult to read his role

Chidi looked good going forward - dummies here and there that created space - hope to see all his tricks on those areas - he creates space for the team in tight areas

Etuhu should concentrate as a holding midfield player and needs to be aware whats going on around him

Other issue is when nigeria is in forward position players need to support the player who is atacking on flanks rather than a GIVE and GO  ball - very important because it shows we know how to attack and numbers are imporatnat as players make diags, create spaceto thread balls et etc

Also Nigeria look a little silly when they hunt in packs - that needs work on

hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by ikeyman00(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2010
jaleher

u dey mind these people that talk like they know

the key point to sucess right now is amodu is no more . . . cuz we go hear winh
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
And why is Obafemi Martins always on the bench?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by texazzpete(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2010
jalether:

I know it's difficult for you since they both have 'korea' in their name, but please try to remember this one thing: North Korea is not the same as South Korea
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by johndavid1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
Up naija!! Argentina go fear!! cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by 14(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2010
BBC at it once again, the bloody agents are dissapointing us once more. They are reporting that there was a stampede at the stadium. When you prevent people entering the stadium, Do you call that a stampede. This guys are not here to report on the World Cup. They are here to report negetive things. They have been trying to take this World Cup out of Africa and they have failed. I wish their team never reach second round and they must just leave this country. They once sujested that the World Cup be taken to Australia. Who do they think they are? They must just leave this continent with their white tendency. Bloody agents.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Ibomade1: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2010
3 - 1. Not bad hope we get our act right when we play Argentina.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by komekn(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12,
Obagoal will not always be on the bench, i am hoping under Lagerbeck when the competitive games start the undue influence in the past of settlement before selection Will have died completely.

Also ogunjobi should not be anywhere near the bench.  

Finally there is still work to be done but we are beginning to play like a team something that has been lacking for a long time but more so under Amodu, like seven up the difference is clear.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
i thought they played well and are showing definite improvements from the last few games we saw. . . . . . . . . even the  Argentine commentator said that the Argentina-Nigeria game was going to be their toughest 1st round match.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by medjai(m): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2010
They need to learn how to utilise set pieces. The difference between 2 sides might just be a well taken freekick or a well delivered corner kick. Overall, it was a deceet display by the SE
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2010
Lagerback is not playing to our strengths. Playing  Sanni Kaita as wide midfielder is a waste as Etuhu and Haruna alone cannot do the job alone in midfield. It is also a burden on Haruna as he plays both as an offensive and defensive midfielder. He needs to play to our strength in midfield and that is a trio of Haruna, Etuhu and Sanni Kaita. Why is he also keeping Adeleye, our best central defender on the bench? I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HIS TEAM SELECTION AND TACTICS.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jalether(m): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
texazzpete:

I know it's difficult for you since they both have 'korea' in their name, but please try to remember this one thing: North Korea is not the same as South Korea

Comprehension is a major issue for some people such as yourself. point to the section in my post where I implied North and South Korea are the same undecided.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus / Pics From Aba Township Marathon / Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.