Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,041 members, 7,980,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 10:04 PM

Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 (23082 Views)

Poll: What Will Be The Outcome Of The Match?

Nigeria Wins: 70% (48 votes)
A Draw: 22% (15 votes)
North Korea Wins: 7% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by texazzpete(m): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2010
jalether:

Comprehension is a major issue for some people such as yourself. point to the section in my post where I implied North and South Korea are the same undecided.

Re-read the part where you're insisting that since 'Almighty' spain could not beat South Korea by more than a goal, therefore all Nigerians should be happy that we defeated North Korea by a 2 goal margin.

Since North Korea and South Korea are two different teams with vastly differing play styles and capabilities, what exactly was the point of that comparison?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Lagerback is not playing to our strengths. Playing  Sanni Kaita as wide midfielder is a waste as Etuhu and Haruna alone cannot do the job alone in midfield. It is also a burden on Haruna as he plays both as an offensive and defensive midfielder. He needs to play to our strength in midfield and that is a trio of Haruna, Etuhu and Sanni Kaita. Why is he also keeping Adeleye, our best central defender on the bench? I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH HIS TEAM SELECTION AND TACTICS.

Exactly my thoughts!!!

It is making me mad. I don't care whether we win, draw or loose against Argentina. What I do care is that our boys go into the field play to their best strengths and give it their all so we can hold our head up high no matter the outcome. But the way things are going Largerback has not at any point experiment on our best formation in any of the frendlies and thats troubling.

I am really battling to care less but can't. Why are we paying this much for a coach that might just give us heart aches. Siasia would have done alright.

we have to use 2 defensive midfielders and 1 attacking midfielder in the world cup. thats our only choice and Haruna Lukman has to be that attacking midfielder.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
If this is what we are presenting against Argentina,then we have got a long way to go.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jmoore(m): 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2010
up eagles!! we can do it. For once you haters of eagles should be patriotic!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by lexyman(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2010
let's keep our fingers cross to see what the SE and Largerback had in plans , they can only give wot they have .
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by kabukabu(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2010
jmoore:

up eagles!! we can do it. For once you haters of eagles should be patriotic!

We are patriotic,and its our right to criticise the national team when they are underperforming, ever heard of free speech?big deal,they beat a measly north korea, play like that against argentina and we are out of the tournament before our bags are even unloaded, who dey chop patriotism!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by illusion2: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2010
We don't have a good sustainable system.

The fact that a previously uncapped player- Lukman Haruna,can come into the team & take over the central midfield role shows how deep our talent pool really is.

As always we have 11 skillful players ,but not necessarily a team

All the best boys !!!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Iceugwa(m): 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2010
the display is useless. na so we wan use take win world cup
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by konami001: 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2010
Iceugwa:

the display is useless. na so we wan use take win world cup

winning the world cup with super fowls, what a dream!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by dipo2much(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
fucin sober eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Iyineda(m): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2010
@jalether
Guys what's your prediction on lars preferred starting X1 for the WC

Enyeama

Yobo          Shittu
Odiah                                 Taiwo

Etuhu  Haruna
Osaze                             Nsofor

Martins  Yakubu

Although I strongly believe he will play Kaita on the right flank and kick Martins to the bench. The SE will adopt a defensive/counter attacking game plan against the Argies. I predict some frustration for us up front. .
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by larimo(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2010
mikeansy:

Exactly my thoughts!!!

It is making me mad. I don't care whether we win, draw or loose against Argentina. What I do care is that our boys go into the field play to their best strengths and give it their all so we can hold our head up high no matter the outcome. But the way things are going Largerback has not at any point experiment on our best formation in any of the frendlies and thats troubling.

I am really battling to care less but can't. Why are we paying this much for a coach that might just give us heart aches. Siasia would have done alright.

we have to use 2 defensive midfielders and 1 attacking midfielder in the world cup. thats our only choice and Haruna Lukman has to be that attacking midfielder.

r u saying you dont mind us losing a game but only that we play 'to our strengths'?   . We are playing in the World Cup, where there is a trophy to be won. Its not a series of friendly games. The coach needs to find a way of getting results.

Lagerback, in my opinion, knows we have poor fullbacks in Odiah and Taiwo when they defend. He needs players who can assist, so Kaita and Obinna are doing that. He wants to liberate Osaze and Yakubu, so dey don't come deep into the midfield often to retrieve the ball. Kaita recovers quite well and thats good for the midfield. Haruna is more versatile than any other player and does not have any problem recovering. Lagerback wants the players to recover the ball very well and it kinda worked today.

I kind thing that Kanu's presence gave something to the attack. Yakubu impressed me cos he assisted the midfield a lot.

Against Argentina I will go with:

Enyeama
       Odiah           Adeleye                Afolabi         Echiejile
                      Kaita               Etuhu
                                     Haruna
                  Osas            Yakubu          Obinna

Yobo is too shaky. He doesnt have a good foot on the ground. Plays as if he is panicking
Kanu, Martins, Kalu, second half

Viva Naija!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2010
larimo:

r u saying you dont mind us losing a game but only that we play 'to our strengths'?  . We are playing in the World Cup, where there is a trophy to be won. Its not a series of friendly games. The coach needs to find a way of getting results.

Lagerback, in my opinion, knows we have poor fullbacks in Odiah and Taiwo when they defend. He needs players who can assist, so Kaita and Obinna are doing that. He wants to liberate Osaze and Yakubu, so dey don't come deep into the midfield often to retrieve the ball. Kaita recovers quite well and thats good for the midfield. Haruna is more versatile than any other player and does not have any problem recovering. Lagerback wants the players to recover the ball very well and it kinda worked today.

I kind thing that Kanu's presence gave something to the attack. Yakubu impressed me cos he assisted the midfield a lot.

Against Argentina I will go with:

Enyeama
        Odiah           Adeleye                Afolabi         Echiejile
                       Kaita               Etuhu
                                      Haruna
                   Osas            Yakubu          Obinna

Yobo is too shaky. He doesnt have a good foot on the ground. Plays as if he is panicking
Kanu, Martins, Kalu, second half

Viva Naija!

I am saying they should give it there all and the coach should play to their strengths so that at the end of the day no matter the outcome win, loose or draw we can say the boys gave it there all and tried to win no matter how it ends up turning out.

Talk about interpreting English to English . . . .why do some people have difficulties figuring out implied meanings? You think I don't believe we can beat Argentina? I think we can and I want our players to go in with that belief and try to execute it.

Meanwhile the formation you are calling for against Argies is exactly what myself and Semidylife are saying is our best formation and plays to our best strengths.

That formation you have will take care of the full backs because they will have the support they need. it will also give them the licence to overlap because the 2 sitting defensive midfielders are an insurance policy.

Anything else we are in deep soup.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by okgerald(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2010
Good win 4 nija, going into world cup with confidence. Lagerback has been a good coach so far! hope we can get a draw against argentina and korea and a win against greece. we shoould probably finish 2nd in that group and God help us frm there!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jalether(m): 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2010
Iyineda:

@jalether
                  Enyeama

Yobo          Shittu
Odiah                                 Taiwo

Etuhu  Haruna
Osaze                             Nsofor

Martins  Yakubu

Although I strongly believe he will play Kaita on the right flank and kick Martins to the bench. The SE will adopt a defensive/counter attacking game plan against the Argies. I predict some frustration for us up front. .

Great formation. Except I will replace Etuhu for Uche and play Kaita as the deep lying defensive midfielder in a 4-3-3 set up smiley.

Against the Argies, a more defensive formation suited for counter attacking footie will have to be deployed. the midfield [b]should [/b]be

Kaita                     Etuhu

Haruna
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
Good win, but the manner in which Largerback has approached today's game, the last game before the World Cup, it appears as if he will still be experimenting with players when we play Argentina. Maybe our starting eleven will play together during practice before Saturday.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by sultan003(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
Maybe lagerback was experimenting for a plan B, Maybe he was using kaita as a right winger to improve his attacking skills. He has his aims and objectives.
Against argentina, maybe he will use kaita as a right defensive midfielder (To monitor Di maria) who will be making forward runs to help out in the attack when the team is in possesion.
Di maria will present a different challenge to the eagles than what colombia and north korea presented.
Apart from keeping Messi quiet, Di maria is anoda player that needs to be give attention.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Iyineda(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2010
jalether:

Great formation. Except I will replace Etuhu for Uche and play Kaita as the deep lying defensive midfielder in a 4-3-3 set up smiley.

Against the Argies, a more defensive formation suited for counter attacking footie will have to be deployed. the midfield [b]should [/b]be

Kaita                     Etuhu

Haruna

I keep saying this but there will be no 4-3-3 formation with Lars at the WC. He has used it 3 times in a row now and will stick to it due to lack of time.
The SE will play with two central midfielders: one with the more defensive/destroyer role (Etuhu) and one with the more attacking/holding role (Haruna).
The only huuuuge question mark for me is our right flank. Kaita is ok but he doesn't have that natural attacking flair to create chances down the wing. Obasi or Osaze should occupy that spot.

As for the central defense pair, it is certainly going to be Yobo and Shittu - all things remaining equal.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
Iyineda:

I keep saying this but there will be no 4-3-3 formation with Lars at the WC. He has used it 3 times in a row now and will stick to it due to lack of time.
The SE will play with two central midfielders: one with the more defensive/destroyer role (Etuhu) and one with the more attacking/holding role (Haruna).
The only huuuuge question mark for me is our right flank. Kaita is ok but he doesn't have that natural attacking flair to create chances down the wing. Obasi or Osaze should occupy that spot.

As for the central defense pair, it is certainly going to be Yobo and Shittu - all things remaining equal.

If you turn out to be right we can then kiss the world cup goodbye.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2010
video of the stampede that occurred outside of the stadium on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-458269.0.html
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by sultan003(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2010
4-42 is not a good idea. against greece okay, but argentina no no no.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Kgdavid(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2010
based on what i have seen so far the best formation would be

Odiah Adeleye Shittu Taiwo

Etuhu
K.Uche Haruna
Odemwingie Nsofor
Yakubu

odemwingie is rather bland at the moment but lets just hope he picks up his form
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
Lagerback does know his onions, I am sure after going through all the permutations you guys have done here this is the best he came up with. As for Yobo and shittu, I say good riddance to the both of em! angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by bones1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2010
Chaps, the real test will come next week !

However, I do not hold out much hope in the Super Eagles doing well !
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2010
mikeansy:

I am saying they should give it there all and the coach should play to their strengths so that at the end of the day no matter the outcome win, loose or draw we can say the boys gave it there all and tried to win no matter how it ends up turning out.

Talk about interpreting English to English . . . .why do some people have difficulties figuring out implied meanings? You think I don't believe we can beat Argentina? I think we can and I want our players to go in with that belief and try to execute it.

Meanwhile the formation you are calling for against Argies is exactly what myself and Semidylife are saying is our best formation and plays to our best strengths.

That formation you have will take care of the full backs because they will have the support they need. it will also give them the licence to overlap because the 2 sitting defensive midfielders are an insurance policy.

Anything else we are in deep soup.
I find it appalling that 6 days to our first match against Argentina, Lagerback is yet to figure out his first-11 and is still experimenting. Why would he start Shittu and Yobo as the central defenders when Rabiu Afolabi and Dele Adeleye should be perfecting their partnership? (I seriously pray and hope he wouldn't start with Yobo and Shittu in the centre of defence) Why would he continue playing Sanni Kaita as a wide player on the right when he will clearly be more effective than Etuhu is in Defensive midfield? Even if a particular side of the midfield needs to be shored up, shouldn't it be the left wing were Taiwo/ Echiejile operate and most teams have good wide players in? How come he made no provisions for more attacking midfielders in the initial-30 man list? and as a result had to replace Mikel with a striker, Ideye Brown? (Attacking midfielders like Onyekachi Okonkwo and Femi Ajilore should have been in the  30-man list so we would have had a like for like replacement) The team has only one playmaker in Haruna and he is been overworked by the annoying tactics been adopted by Lagerback, playing both ends of the midfield. If anything happens to Haruna we are f.uc.k.3d as the other players except perhaps Kalu Uche are all Defensive midfielders. . . .and Lagerback sees Uche as a striker. My enthusiasm for a good performance by the Super Eagles has been dampened not becos we don't have the players but becos it's obvious wrong team selection, tactics and formation will be our Achilles heel in this world cup.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED. I await Samson Siasia who should have been in Lagerback's place to be announced as coach of the Super Eagles after the World cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by mrjingles(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
Amazing! football is the only endeavor I know of where people who make a living in other fields advise those who make a living from the games itself. All u "coaches " and "analysts" should calm down. Lags is the one being paid and not you guys. If you guys were that good you shd have turned up for the interview or go manage a street soccer team to prove your technical skills. Abeg mek we hia word!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by mendomp: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2010
THANK YOU O MR JINGLES!!

AS MOST OF YOU WELL KNOW, YOU ARE JUST SPITTING GRAMMAR COZ NONE OF YOUR GENIUS FORMATIONS AND OPINIONS MATTER! AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED NONE OF US HERE IS A COACH AT LEAST THAT WE KNOW OF, SO LEAVE LAGABACK(OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS ) TO DO HIS JOB. LETS JUST BE SUPPORTIVE OF OUR TEAM!!

I BET IF THE EAGLES BEAT ARGENTINA ALL YOU NAY SAYERS WILL COME RUNNING WITH PRAISES,
PEOPLE THIS IS ALL ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT AND PATRIOTISM, SO LETS RELAX AND ENJOY THE WORLD CUP@!\\\

UP EAGLES!@@
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by kobikwelu(m): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2010
every body is compalaining why is kaita on the right, and that we are playing to our weakness,

all i can say is bleep that.

he is a coach!!!! and the work of a coach is to  devise ways to win!!!!

at least he is bold enough to be creative,

is it not the same kaita that has being playing in the midfield since ages past

abeg leave the coach jorrrrrr, he knows what he is doing,

kaita will start on the right because of his work rate and his defensive strength which would obviously help cover up odiah when he is overlapping.

as for our formation 4-4-2 (its inevitable, we cant play one striker upfront. he needs support)

and dont forget that odemwinge will always fall back to help.

AND PLEASE COACH!!! NEVER U START THAT CLOWN ECHEJILE angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.

he has that mentality that we are trying to rid of this team (unseriousness).

i prefer odemwinge as a striking pathner to yak because he is very good at making runs of the ball
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by kobikwelu(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2010

Amazing! football is the only endeavor I know of where people who make a living in other fields advise those who make a living from the games itself. All u "coaches " and "analysts" should calm down. Lags is the one being paid and not you guys. If you guys were that good you shd have turned up for the interview or go manage a street soccer team to prove your technical skills. Abeg mek we hia word!

tanks mate,

most of these so called analysts, cant manage "pry 5 football PE CLASS"

They are here proferring solutions as if they are Alex Ferguson angry angry angry angry.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!! HE IS A COACH!!!!!

HE HAS EARNED HIS BADGES!!!!(FIFA BADGES in case u dont know),

those calling for sasia should talk, when he has coached outside the shores of this country
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by davidif: 11:05pm On Jun 06, 2010
kobikwelu:

tanks mate,

most of these so called analysts, cant manage "pry 5 football PE CLASS"

They are here proferring solutions as if they are Alex Ferguson angry angry angry angry.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!! HE IS A COACH!!!!!

HE HAS EARNED HIS BADGES!!!!(FIFA BADGES in case u dont know),

those calling for sasia should talk, when he has coached outside the shores of this country

Thank you o jare. It seems that a lot of Nigerians are coaches in there minds.They think that playing football on the streets is the same thing about knowing how to coach a team.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by bossman3: 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2010
This really isn't the time to start criticizing. It's to late for that. We have to start supporting this team whether we agree with the selections/ formations or not. The coach knows what he is doing and believe it or not it is IMPOSSIBLE for any coach to please every Nigerian because different people have different opinions. Please let's start supporting this team. There was improvement in today's match
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2010
its funny that people are complaining now. imagine if we were from greece (who tied north korea 2-2). we would probably be killing eachother over a game.

bo$$man:

This really isn't the time to start criticizing. It's to late for that. We have to start supporting this team whether we agree with the selections/ formations or not. The coach knows what he is doing and believe it or not it is IMPOSSIBLE for any coach to please every Nigerian because different people have different opinions.
exactly my point. couldnt have said it better

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

John Fashanu Reacts Over Arrest Story, Says It's Misleading & Twisted. / Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus / Pics From Aba Township Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.