Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,041 members, 7,980,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 (23084 Views)

Poll: What Will Be The Outcome Of The Match?

Nigeria Wins: 70% (48 votes)
A Draw: 22% (15 votes)
North Korea Wins: 7% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by mamagee3(f): 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2010
Yakubu is up on his game. . . grin
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2010
#Agbero_mentality: at least 15 people injured as Nigerian fans push gate on a police officer in their effort to enter the Makhulong Stadium to watch the match between Nigeria and N.Korea

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06062010/58/world-cup-2010-stampede-world-cup-warm.html
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2010
The way some people are criticizing the Super Eagles could discourage the players, for if they win by a comfortable margin, people complain bitterly; and if they loose, people still complain; so they might as well refuse to play well, because Nigerians will complain whether they win or loose. Today, for example, assuming the Eagles beat N Korea 10-0, some people will still complain.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by jalether(m): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

The way some people are criticizing the Super Eagles could discourage the players, for if they win by a comfortable margin, people complain bitterly; and if they loose, people still complain; so they might as well refuse to play well, because Nigerians will complain whether they win or loose. Today, for example, assuming the Eagles beat N Korea 10-0, some people will still complain.

my sentiments exactly. even if we beat the argies, expect some fans to still find something to criticize about the manager or the team.

we have to be some of the most difficult fans in the world
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
jalether:

my sentiments exactly. even if we beat the argies, expect some fans to still find something to criticize about the manager or the team.

we have to be some of the most difficult fans in the world

we are.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by CapnCrunch: 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2010
Kai at the mentality of Nigerians, even in a win Nigerians are complaining Nonsense
Nigerians never give the super eagles credit, even if Nigeria lifted the CUP all these useless people will stall talk, this was a much needed win and a boost to the morale of the players
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by CapnCrunch: 11:56pm On Jun 06, 2010
atleast under lagerback we are yet to lose

can u imagine if we were ghana? or cameroun, you people would have slaughtered the eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Sprumbaba: 12:00am On Jun 07, 2010
Everybody is a coach in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by 14(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2010
arkinses:

#Agbero_mentality: at least 15 people injured as Nigerian fans push gate on a police officer in their effort to enter the Makhulong Stadium to watch the match between Nigeria and N.Korea

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06062010/58/world-cup-2010-stampede-world-cup-warm.html

This is what South Africa do not need. now SA has to explain about the game they were not incharge for. Peterside was asked on friday why they were giving free tickets away, why not sell them. Now SA has to explain. very bad.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by chelseabmw(m): 12:19am On Jun 07, 2010
I love nigeria for this.Hope we can win argentina?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by DonPedro21(m): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Lagerback does know his onions, I am sure after going through all the permutations you guys have done here this is the best he came up with. As for Yobo and shittu, I say good riddance to the both of em! angry angry
But he knows his salt and that is the most important ingredient.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by deb(m): 1:21am On Jun 07, 2010
Some minds are made up on Eagles coach just because they sacked their darling Amodu.
Even if the guy wins world cup even in d short time that he has they will still complain
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by deb(m): 1:30am On Jun 07, 2010
r u saying you dont mind us losing a game but only that we play 'to our strengths'? . We are playing in the World Cup, where there is a trophy to be won. Its not a series of friendly games. The coach needs to find a way of getting results.

Lagerback, in my opinion, knows we have poor fullbacks in Odiah and Taiwo when they defend. He needs players who can assist, so Kaita and Obinna are doing that. He wants to liberate Osaze and Yakubu, so dey don't come deep into the midfield often to retrieve the ball. Kaita recovers quite well and thats good for the midfield. Haruna is more versatile than any other player and does not have any problem recovering. Lagerback wants the players to recover the ball very well and it kinda worked today.

I kind thing that Kanu's presence gave something to the attack. Yakubu impressed me cos he assisted the midfield a lot.

Against Argentina I will go with:

Enyeama
Odiah Adeleye Afolabi Echiejile
Kaita Etuhu
Haruna
Osas Yakubu Obinna

Yobo is too shaky. He doesnt have a good foot on the ground. Plays as if he is panicking
Kanu, Martins, Kalu, second half

Viva Naija!

I like your analysis alot. You just read out Largers' mind to us clearly.
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by DrKitaun(m): 2:15am On Jun 07, 2010
Na wao . . .

See analysts as dem boku!

Anybody talking about Siasia doing squat with this team is retarded, sorry to say, Amod u is luckier and better but Sia1 enjoys more goodwill, YET LAGERBACK AINT ON THEIR LEVEL !!!

I dont agree with Kaita being on dat wing, to stifle opposition, what had Utaka been doing for us ? Utaka in d past had a lot of goal line clearances and tackles, forget all those yarns abt what they played season long, Ronaldo didnt play nada season long in 2002 and Klose who did it in '06 had/has never been gud at club level, so MAKE UNA FORGET ALL THOSE OKPAKS AS PER CLUB FORM !

Adeleye is sure to start against Argentina alongside Yobo, BUT WHY ARE PPLE BLAMING ECHEJILE ? how come Yobo having known their usual pass back, couldnt successfully retrieve dat pass?

Etuhu is not ready for dis mundial, Nsofor should be made to start from d bench, his passing got me pissed off, he tired out early and yes he is gonna take the world by storm !

Haruna is mercurially imperious.

Yak and Kanu show that experience count !

Who gives a damn about little Messi ?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Princek12(m): 2:51am On Jun 07, 2010
Where is Stanley Okoro- madu??/
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by EmeritusP(m): 3:07am On Jun 07, 2010
Happy Endn
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by princekevo(m): 6:25am On Jun 07, 2010
Nawoo for all these coaches on NL. I really wonder where they hid when we were looking for a good coach.
Who ever Lager back uses for which position, all matters is for us to win the game at the end of the day.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by bkbabe97: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2010
arkinses:

AH, THESE ARE THOSE IBO DRUG DEALERS IN SOUTH AFRICA I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Ranoscky(m): 7:03am On Jun 07, 2010
"Atleast 20 fans were injured, 14 needing hospital attention, when mosly "NIGERIAN" supportes tried to force their way into the makhulong stadium. they reportedly has photocopies of legitimate tickets and after been refused entry, rushed the gates once they have been closed"

why is nigeria always involve in every incident that happens in 1 place or the other? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by texazzpete(m): 7:26am On Jun 07, 2010
princekevo:

Nawoo for all these coaches on NL. I really wonder where they hid when we were looking for a good coach.
Who ever Lager back uses for which position, all matters is for us to win the game at the end of the day.

correction
All it matters is for us to win the games IN THE WORLD CUP.

We're criticizing now because this North Korea win is from a meaningless friendly with nothing at stake, and we're projecting our performance against the North Koreans in a matchup with the likes of Argentina and South Korea. Do we wait until the world cup proper before we start pointing out lapses?
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by larimo(m): 7:49am On Jun 07, 2010
deb:

I like your analysis alot. You just read out Largers' mind to us clearly.
Nice one
thanx deb. i appreciate.

Against the Argies, there is no room for midfield and wing play from them, otherwise we r finished. We need the likes of Kaita, Haruna and Etuhu. Obinna too. The pace of Obinna and Osaze can pose problems in attack. Yakubu is not fast hence he stays up front. My concerns are losing the ball in the midfield (Etuhu & Haruna, the chief culprits) and d standing defence (Yobo and Shittu cant start).

In my opinion, we need players who can break down their play, hence more defensive midfielders than attacking ones. We dont need Obasi in this game. He was overly exposed against Saudi cos he's more attack minded. Gave the ball away too easily.

The starting line-up for me was ok with the exception of Taiwo (just cant defend; should be moved to the midfield or wings), Yobo (too static, always ball watching) and Shittu (zealous but skill-less). Its so sad that Mikel isnt there. I would have been relaxed about quality passing and hold-up play (no need crying over spilt milk).
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by kliffo(m): 7:50am On Jun 07, 2010
@ bkbabe
AH, THESE ARE THOSE IBO DRUG DEALERS IN SOUTH AFRICA I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT!!!
When is this degenerate tribalist going to grow up? Whats with him about Igbos? How is Nigeria
ever going to get better when bigots like him abound.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Acidosis(m): 7:52am On Jun 07, 2010
Why can't you sit and watch the match instead of disgracing yourself- KANU.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2010
Why can't you sit and watch the match instead of disgracing yourself- KANU.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by chelseabmw(m): 8:09am On Jun 07, 2010
we can't wait
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by bones1(m): 8:35am On Jun 07, 2010
Is a great pity about the crowd control or lack thereof.

Hope the South African authorities can prevent these times of ugly scenes in the next four weeks !

I still do not hold out much hope for the Eagles though.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by otokx(m): 8:38am On Jun 07, 2010
The NFF refused to pay for security hence the almost near absence of any form of crowd control. Am willing to place a 10000 bet that Argentina will win the match against Nigeria. Let those who are saying Nigeria has a chance put their money where their mouth is.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by DrKitaun(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2010
@Larimo and Pelezico

nice analysis.
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by martinosi: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2010
BabaIbeji:

Please listen to this man! He knows what he is talking about.  To me, it shows a lack of confidence

Hmm you have apoint there, they shoud stop this rubbish and
go forward to score, haba, most of these players play in europe now
haba!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by naso2(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2010
I think it was nt a bad showing,however as a seasoned coach, I expect atleast two surpsrise inclusions against Argentina. The midfield definitely has to be packed with men that will fight for every ball. Keita,etuhu haruna. Messi is often marked out from the midfield we he takes off, so with the right combative players in the middle we will give them trouble.

I expect atleast one surprise in the attack, nsofor has to go out and ogbuke to be introduced for his pace and trickery which should distabilise the left side of the argentine defence. my selection

EYEAMA
ODIAH ADELEYE YOBO TAIWO

KAITA ETUHU

HARUNA

OGBUKE
YAKUBU OSAZE

Whenever any of the fullbacks overlap, then the DMs need to cover that space , with haruna backtracking .
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by alexchuks: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2010
I saw lapses from echiejile and some funny mistakes from yobo. but my vex is with kanu for him being there i think he should be given only 5mins of any game he is to play cos he is not on same pace with the younger players
Re: Nigeria Vs North Korea Friendly On June 6, 2010: 3 - 1 by snowdrops(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2010
alexchuks:

I saw lapses from echiejile and some funny mistakes from yobo. but my vex is with kanu for him being there i think he should be given only 5mins of any game he is to play cos he is not on same pace with the younger players
guy you are talking from your backside.

Kanu was fantastic yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus / Pics From Aba Township Marathon / Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.