Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,584 members, 7,951,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (250558 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agadez007(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2013
why are igbos always claiming good things?
Chai i laugh in umunede,what make you ikaland is good or better than any other parts of igboland,my fellow igbos,i suggest we let this thread die a natural,it proves nothing but only brings more insults from these benin-wannabees
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by olisaokere(m): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
Why ard the igbos always claiming anything good.
I just finished reading an article in punch online by one Azuka Onwuka. He was decrying Dangote's not siting any of his factory in Igbo land, and his not having a single investment in the east - which is ok. He went further to say that, Dangote has the same business acumen with the Igbos hence he must have an igbo blood in him. So, he suggested that he shuld go for a DNA. He also said that Dangote is an Igbo name and that it means "di anyi gote" please come and buy in english. from my experience with igbos in real life and online, i know the igbos are all like this writer, Azuka.
So my question to you igbos is this:
1. Why are you always claiming anything good? You alway think that once something is good, then it must be from you; nobody else is capable of doing anything good except you.
2. Why do you always ascribe igbo meanings to any word/phrase even when it's in anoda language.
3. Why are you the one that is always crying of marginalisation.
THE ANSWER IS, YOU ARE PARANOIED AND AT THE SAME TIME SUFFERING FROM INFERIOTY COMPLEX. YOU ARE ALSO SUFFERING FROM DELUSION De GRANDEUR.

Oh Boy,i think you are the one who is paranoid and suffering from Inferiority complex.I mean it is written all over you.Your speeches,write ups and all.Please just shut your trap boy!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2013
olisaokere:

Oh Boy,i think you are the one who is paranoid and suffering from Inferiority complex.I mean it is written all over you.Your speeches,write ups and all.Please just shut your trap boy!
The truth is bitter.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
1, ika is a distinct ethnicity , and quite different from igbo , we have never in history identified our selves as igbos,
2. our ideology about life is different from that of an igbo perso.
3. we ackowledge igbo migratios and some igbo culture in ika ,but we also have heavy benin migrations and culture rooted in ika.
4. ika is an amalgam of many tribes who have intermarried and agreed to become one ethicity,which was clearly definned since 1930,
5. we are a great people and we are proud of our traditions, and our achievements in nigeria, despite our not too large population ,no imperialist forces have been able to keep us down, in ancient times our fathers fought the benins with varying success, during the civil war we assisted in reppelling biafra from our land and defeated their claims that ika is part of igbo.
6. our tribe has made success in politics /governments and private sector in nigeria from the late egbarin who established a doft drinks factory in agbor, dr. oka orewa,the local government administrator per excellence, the okungbowa michael who was first ika medical doctor,
to the first nigerian director of survey chief fortue ebie, the ogbemudias who ruled , and to the late obi of owa ,steven ikokoh, obaigbena who became the first prison cotractor in midwest nigeria, commander anuku who was the first nigeria naval officer trainned abroad and later became the commander of biafra navy,or is it late obi of agbor , obika gbenoba who was a minster in western region or the primate of anglican church in nigeria nicolas dikenriehi orogodo okoh, or prince nduka obaigbena who is a media guru ,or chief jim ovia who founded zenith bank , one of the best banks in africa, or steven omojafor the president of advertising council of nigeria , let me stop here ,
infact ika people una too much, like we say mbie ko bie , obieke omekere ,ni ekpansun hi efan nnedi e ,
7. can an igbo man represent an ika in nigeria , answer is no , ika must be represented by ika.
8. even though we agreed to be part of anioma, the four groups making up anioma know their differences ,but we also share many thigs together , there is a difference between aniocha, oshimili, ndokwa and ika,
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
AKUMAZI is an ika kingdom ruled by obi steven osagie , the kingdom had its first obi in 1201, he was called onona
2. then they had akuma in 1307, then itami, iyayi , idinagun, orokonafor,ugbede in 1625, followed by unuehenren, ojere, ekowe,and ojeh in 1740,agwie, diagbon,oyetoyi 1733,uzonta ,ojefor in 1790,diai, usifor 1833,agholor,and osagie the first in 1890,jeghbefume osagie in 1946,and steven osagie from 1953 till date.
akumazi was fouded by a benin migrant called onona and his wife akumaborwei , and the kingdom was named after the wife ,it is one of the oldest kingdoms in ika area
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
1. ika ile e kokomeguole,si ni agbon ohu ken enyin wu,
demedon ihian, sini ika wu oken agbon hun a a faa ndi ero,le osaka
noke ndigbo, eyin a shia le eri ni , enyin wu ndika , ele agbon igbo
i will later continue on akumazis history
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ụkwụànì (sometimes spelled Ụkwànì) are an Igbo subgroup in Delta and Rivers states in Nigeria. They, together with Anioma, Ika and the rest form the part of Igboland that transcends the Niger River to the left.

The Ụkwụànì dialect, which is intelligible with the dialects of Aboh and Ndoni, is a dialect of the Igbo language. Some commentators consider it distinct from the Igbo language. Whatever the case, there is more in common between the Ụkwụànì dialect/language and the Igbo language than otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukwuani_people

This article is about indigenous people of Nigeria. For Ika people of Colombia, see Arhuaco people.
Ika

Igboid languages
The Ika people are a subgroup of the Igbo people commonly called the Western Igbo. The Ika people number around 240,000.[1]The Ika people are found in north west Delta State. They share borders linguistically in the west with the Edo speakers, in the north with the Ishan speakers, in the East with the Anioma language speakers and in the south with the Ukwuani speakers.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ika_people

Ukwuani Local Government

Obiaruku is the headquarters of Ukwuani LGA which was carved out of the then Ndokwa West LGA on the 4th of December, 1996 and has an area of 2,016 square kilometres. Nine clans make up the LGA namely; Akoku, Amai, Ebedei, Eziokpor, Ezionum, Obiaruku, Umuebu, Umukwata and Umutu. Together they make up the ten wards of the LGA with a population of about 103,000 going by the 1991 census. The people practice gerontocracy, were the oldest man is installed the traditional ruler, designated Okpala-Uku. The people are a mono linguistic group-the Ukwuanis (an Igbo dialect).

http://deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ukwuani-local-government.html

Ika North East Local Government
Owa-Oyibu, a growing town near Agbor, is the headquarters of Ika North East LGA, and like their brothers in the south the people speak Ika, an Igbo dialect. The LGA was created in September 1991, occupies a land area of 28.45square kilometres and has a population of about 144,270 . There are nine clans, namely, Owa, Ute-Ogbeje, Ute-Okpu, Umunede, Idumuesah, Igbodo, Otolokpo and Mbiri spread out into fourteen (14) wards. Each of these clans operates as a separate and independent entity under its own traditional ruler. They are well known for their farming prowess producing yam, cassava, melon, maize, tomatoes and plantain.

Projects in Ika Nouth LGA

http://deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ika-north-east-local-government.html

Ika South Local Government

Agbor is the headquarters of Ika South LGA and is spread out on hills and a deep valley, the Orogodo valley. It has an area of 89 square kilometres and an estimated population of 155,922 people. The LGA comprises two clans divided into twelve wards, namely Agbor and Abavo, each with its own traditional ruler. The people speak Ika, a dialect of Igbo language and are well known for their farming prowess with the largest foodstuff market in the state.

http://deltastate.com.ng/Local-Government/ika-south-local-government.html

DELTA STATE RECOGNISE THEM AS IGBO, WIKIPEDIA RECOGNISE THEM AS IGBO NOW TELL ME WHY SOME PEOPLE DERIVE PLEASURE IN LIES AND FALSEHOOD. I SAID THAT THESE BENIN WANNA BE ARE DISGRACE, ANYWAY SONS OF FUGITIVES,FELONS AND EXCON WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.

STILL WATCH THESE FOOLS, WHY DONT YOU GO TO BENIN OR THE STUPID AGBONTEA

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
Well, all i want to say been an igbo man from the east is that the Agbor people are typical igbos in every aspects. Their igbo dialects are even understood by an average igbo more than that of some communities in the south east.This not withstanding there must be handful of benin blood which may not reach of to 8% of their population that are fueling this confusion of ika people been from benin. Those people knew themselves. You dont need to raise unnecessary unfounded alarm about ika been from benin because your great great father himself migrated to Agbor land and create unneccessary uproar to 92% that are sure of their igbo ancestry. Igbo is larger than a tribe but a nation. Igbo will soon develope to a RACE status like the jews. With the excellent academic records in the Uk high schools and Universities as well as in american Universities, the whites are begining to think that the igbos are actually unique black tribe with unharnessed brains liken to jews and japanese. Today in Uk and US the black people with the highest academic records even higher than the so called white supramist are all igbos. An igbo man today is said to be among the first 3 men in the world with the highest IQ in the world. Dominance in science/technology among expertraite igbos are beging to get world recognition. It is only in nigeria that igbo crimes which other tribes commits are made obvious with great silence in their feats all over the workd. An average Agbor person must have IQ higher than their Benin counterpart but one close to their igbos kith/kin in the east. Been igbo or not is beyond sitting on your laptop and writing what you feel like, but it is in you. The minority that are of benin with some mixed igbo ancestry should remained with the benin who does not recognised that they benis. It just the matter of cultural affinity with the ancient benin kingdom is what the ikas inherited from Benis due to proximity to them. OHANAEZE MUST CONTINUE TO EXTEND THEIR HAND TO IKAS BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHO IS THEIR OWN. LONG LIVE THE IGBOS, LONG LIVE THE JEWS. IGBO MANS HOPE OF EXCELLENCY AND DOMINATING THE WORLD REMAIN IN THEIR IDENTITY WITH JESUS ALONE.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
Um...perhaps we all should give this issue a rest. Ethnicity and language are often complicated by political considerations. The difference between Onitsha dialect and Owerri dialect is as big as the difference between German and Dutch (See Isichei's "Igbo Worlds"). Yet Owerri and Onitsha are considered dialects of the same language, while German and Dutch rank as distinct languages. I think this has a lot to do with how native speakers choose to identify their lects. Owerri and Onitsha have come to embrace the idea of an Igbo ethnicity, and to see their lects as dialects of the same language. Ika people didn't play any significant part in Igbo ethnic nationalism of the 20th century, and they are well within their rights to view themselves as a distinct ethnicity belonging to the same language cluster as the peoples of south-eastern Nigeria.

Just my opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
I said something about the controversy sorrounding what make one language different from its near neigbor. I used Flemish and dutch and maybe afrikaans as an example. All these languages are recognised as different languages, yet they inteligible to one anoda. What about Norwegian, Swedish and Danish that are very close to one another, yet they are refered to as distinct languages. But on the other hand Chinese that is called a language is infact many languages, for a man from let's say Canton can't converse with another from, say, Shanghai. You see! the linguists themselves are confused
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
I said something about the controversy sorrounding what make one language different from its near neigbor. I used Flemish and dutch and maybe afrikaans as an example. All these languages are recognised as different languages, yet they inteligible to one anoda. What about Norwegian, Swedish and Danish that are very close to one another, yet they are refered to as distinct languages. But on the other hand Chinese that is called a language is infact many languages, for a man from let's say Canton can't converse with another from, say, Shanghai. You see! the linguists themselves are confused

SHUT UP.... YOU TALK AS IF YOU UNDERSTAND ALL THESE LANGUAGES YOU KEEP MENTIONING, YOU TALK AS IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE PLACES AND KNOW IF THEY HAVE SAMENESS IN LANGUAGES OR NOT. ARMCHAIR CRITIC LIKE YOU
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
1. write any thing you write , on the internet , ika knows who is ika and who is not , ika is not igbo and cannever be igbo , and this igbo you are propagating is just a recent natiionality that did not exist about 200 years ago , like i always say , it is tribe or nationality assisted by the british, and ika has never been part of it, we have viewed whatever makes a person accept he or she is igbo and it is not present in ika, many nigerians are often confussed that is why they still say hausa-fulani , you are either hausa or fulani , there is nothing like hausa fulani.
2. as for the man who wrote about delta state government , the government of delta has recognised ika as a seperate and distinct language and hence , there is now ika news being read on delta radio, and ika is a part of anioma , as that is how many delta north people like to be addressed , we are all not igbo , those who call themselves igbo , are the aniocha/oshimili people , you can never see or hear an ika man call himself igbo , that is abomination,
3. if the igbos love ika so much , let them change their tribes name from igbo to ika , and lets see .
4. it is not size that makes a nation , as any distinct group of people is a nation , ika is also a nation because as a nation we have 3 languages , 1. ika, 2. ozarra, and those that speak aniocha..just like igbo is a nation.
5. there was a time , when isoko was called uhrobo , but later the were able to clearly demarcate themselves as isoko nation.
6. if you combine all ikas is edo and delta state , then you will know that ika is a nation.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
agbotaen: 1. write any thing you write , on the internet , ika knows who is ika and who is not , ika is not igbo and cannever be igbo , and this igbo you are propagating is just a recent natiionality that did not exist about 200 years ago , like i always say , it is tribe or nationality assisted by the british, and ika has never been part of it, we have viewed whatever makes a person accept he or she is igbo and it is not present in ika, many nigerians are often confussed that is why they still say hausa-fulani , you are either hausa or fulani , there is nothing like hausa fulani.
2. as for the man who wrote about delta state government , the government of delta has recognised ika as a seperate and distinct language and hence , there is now ika news being read on delta radio, and ika is a part of anioma , as that is how many delta north people like to be addressed , we are all not igbo , those who call themselves igbo , are the aniocha/oshimili people , you can never see or hear an ika man call himself igbo , that is abomination,
3. if the igbos love ika so much , let them change their tribes name from igbo to ika , and lets see .
4. it is not size that makes a nation , as any distinct group of people is a nation , ika is also a nation because as a nation we have 3 languages , 1. ika, 2. ozarra, and those that speak aniocha..just like igbo is a nation.
5. there was a time , when isoko was called uhrobo , but later the were able to clearly demarcate themselves as isoko nation.
6. if you combine all ikas is edo and delta state , then you will know that ika is a nation.

incorrigible fellow, thats why he is irrelevant...... do us a favor write a book and disclaime the well witten and known fact instead of hiding under Nairaland. show your intellect.. your brothers said so, delta state said so, nigeria has not recognised ika as a tribe and the world sees you as a SUB group of igbo .... that is if you understand the meaning of SUB in english

WHY DONT YOU ARRANGE A SYMPOSIUM AND PROOVE TO THE WORLD OR TRY GIVE A TRANSFORMER A BIG HUG..... WHY DONT YOU ALSO TELL YOUR KINGS TO START BEARING IGBO NAMES.... EWU OFIA, ANU OFIA, EZI BENIN
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
1. i am putting up a challenge to many igbo people here , am going to ask some few questions in owa dialect of ika , and i want them to help me traslate it , since ika is like onitcha or owerri language ?

2. ki hain , i gi laiwi?
3. okenyen ni lalani jenkor da duyi ikpa?
4. irehun ni rie men nim, rike,igbeoyin?
5. wene ihian ara ri ishi udara orakutuhba?
6. gi okpan hun,wehenim ofungbon?
7. otumunyen ni lalani ,laburukor nedii , yewe agbara ni we gi dino?
8. nkeshi ro ,ni okenyeni wu ozuor?
9. oselobue anikor enyin hun ukpokpo le idoboro?
10. dodo, anilem hun uyaghami, ebe okunse ria kpo nne ikun,?
11. eyiri agbon , ya e yi agbon?
13. john ,wu ,okenyen oselobue tume, no da shiani ukpe oselobue , hun wu jesu eri, ni ihian ile ma nu eri e wen ndun itebite?
14. mria akpanmin ehi , hun o gi yem ozegbe,ke ojuwu bu he ukpokpo?
15. ighogho le oyinminsenmen ke me ye orise , hun ogi gbondon nim owun le irehun.
16. emu akun gbegbegbe, masaka me ihien anai, oselobue emekenim , orokotor .
17. egho ara hu aza ?
18. demedon ali e wen ihien wen arua?
19. dodo wehe ni ayiya ri elukpo hun.?
20. ele hun biri m, arim iboze onu?
21. onyen wu owan , me le owan wu osi ?,
22. ke akpara han , yanno jusohi,uhue no hue mem .?
23. nwatani ye gbe ke ikponmor, meme ejije h?
24, tudon huhu , ihien ni ,anile bihi?
25. ulakpa ni lalani gi egan eka , ya ken john nwarofin,?
26, idumu enyin cho ni we chimen inyenren , ke we don kokomen,ni we wenhen ukpe le ihien ebulebu eka gomenti?
27. e meni yasaka meme nim e , ye bihiar m ?

these are basic simple day to day sentence , we use in our village in idumu-izomor , i want the igbos here to undertake to translate it , and truthfully tell me , if all words in these sentences are igbo dialects ?or language ,
owa gia kpa itan , ni, onyen tankitan , ota gbamiroko , ndigbo ile ri ebeni ria tan gbamiroko

finally i as an ika person have been studying ika culture and traditions and the more i go deep , i realise that ika and igbo are miles apart , may be the igbo people might be able to tell me the great similarity between ika and igbo ?

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
samadile@yahoo.com

samson Adile

Sir, your historic narration of the origins of the Ika people are greatly flawed and vividly biased. For once, you NEVER mentioned Igbo as having any links with the Ika people even though most things in Ika land, from language and culture and names is purely Igbo. There's abundant evidence that the Ika is an offspring of the Igbo people and is originally Igboland, but were influenced by large inter-mixing with their Bini neighbours and other non-Igbo cultures and people. I wonder why this obssession with Bini never seems to embarass even the elites who should know better, but keep holding unto vague half-truths and no truths.

http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=comment&article=207&page=2
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
"crisis of identity" rather you focused mostly on marginalization of Anioma people by the Urhobos and mentioned the crisis of identity briefly. I understand that this is only part one of your article but you need to develope the thesis on "identity crisis" because it is perhaps one of the reasons why we have not been able to translate our success at the Federal level to the state level.

Recently, an Anioma man, Chief Marshall Dike was appointed the chief of defense staff. He is one of many others that you also mentioned. It is a truism that we are Igbo but do we universally accept this fact? In the 60s when we were unequivocal about our identity we excelled with the help of our brothers accross the Niger. This was why Dennis Osadebay was the first Nigeria Senate President and the first premier of then Midwestern region. As a matter of fact, Midwestern region was created because of us with the help of our brothers from the east. What then went wrong? My guess is that we have been too complacent.

Granted, the civil war and the preceding pogrom and the massacre in Asaba and Ishiagu especially left bitter test in our mouths. In other words being Igbo caused Anioma people a great deal of grief during and after Ndi Igbo lost the civil war. However, it is high time we evaluated our choice of who we are. We need to identify who we are first.

We can then begin to focus on the other reasons why we are regarded as outsiders in our own land. One of the questions we must ask ourselves is how did we move from the majority tribe in the then Midwest later Bendel (whole) to minority in Delta (half) in less than 30 years.

You've bought the fallacy hook and sinker that Urhobos are more populous than us thereby giving credence to Nigeria's voodoo population census but are they really? Urhobos controlled the state apparatus when the allocation of census (no pun intended)was done and I predicted that by the time the numbers are out they'll get more allocations than Anioma people despite the fact that the number of towns and habitable houses in Anioma areas are twice that of Urhobo areas. Sure enough, they were allocated 1.5 million people while Anioma got 1.2 million allocated to them. These allocations are like the elections in Nigeria, rigged against Anioma people and in favor of Urhobo and is not supported by reality.

Also, in my own assessment, the best of our people are in diaspora or everywhere else but Delta state thereby leaving the fate of our people to political jobbers who are more interested in crumbs.

We arguably have more people per capita than any area of the same size in America than perhaps any other Nigerian clan. These are mostly professionals that could be at home making a difference. Brain for brain, we are by far more educated than any other tribe in Delta including the Urhobos but you wouldn't know it by the facts on the ground. The question is Why?

I will now address the issue of marginalization by stating that politics is about bringing home the bacon. Even in advance countries like the U.S., he who controls power controls influence thus you have what Americans call pork barrel projects. (These are projects not debated by the general house but inserted by a man of influence usually the commitee chairperson for the benefit of his constituency. This is why we have bridges to no where in Alaskan wilderness). Since the Urhobos control power in Delta, they've got to take care of their own first.

If we have good leaders, tribe would not necessarily matter. I am glad that you mentioned Ogbemudia because he was even handed. Some might argue that Ogbemudia's sympathy was with Anioma people for reasons that I don't want to get into here. Nevertheless, he gave everyone a sense of belonging. Having said this, I must state objectively that Ibori's government did more for my hometown Issele-uku than perhaps the other governments put together since independence including Ogbemudia's government.

Ibori tarred major roads in Issele-uku and the environs, he built and equiped a general hospital. He also built a fire station. He awarded the contract for a mini stadium at Issele-Uku. Although he ordered the removal of the NYSC orientation from Issele-uku to Oghara his hometown, we have to give him some credit.

As for Asaba, it is not as bad as you portrayed it. Asaba has moved from a sleepy quasi urbanized town to a cosmopolitan city that is a work in progress. The state goverment is currently building an airport in Asaba. Do we deserve more in Anioma? Sure! But we must rearrange our priorities first.

During Ibori's time, did he really pay more attention to Warri than Asaba? There is no emperical way of knowing but I went to Warri during this time and I doubt seriously that this is the case. The fact remains that Ibori took everything to Oghara his home town. Moreover, EFCC has alleged that Ibori stole more money from Delta than he could use in his lifetime. This is money that could have gone to do more for the entire state.

The future of Anioma people is bright whether in Delta state or in a state of our own. However, we must put the same zeal we employed in other areas into the politics of Delta State. When we make up our minds to get our share in Delta, we will not be stopped. We should not play the role of victims or beg the Urhobos to allow us to co-exist with them. We know our pedigree. Ndi Igbo never quit or roll over and play dead nor cow-tow to any other tribe.

The current governor of Delta is Itsekiri and they make up less than 1% of the state population and they are in a hydra-headed dispute with Urhobo and Ijaw. Ndi Igbo will get the position with the right man and the right politics at the right time.

As for our brothers accross the Niger, they need to search their souls to determine if they have done enough to protect the interest of Anioma people. Currently, Maurice Iwu, a fellow Igbo is about to supervise the total liquidation of Anioma people. In the ongoing delimitation as they call it in Nigeria, his INEC is proposing to gerrymander the Igbo of Anioma into oblivion. INEC wants to increase the seats in the Delta state house of Assembly from 29 to 40.

At the moment, Anioma people have 9 seats in the 29 member assembly while Urhobos have 8 seats. However, Iwu's INEC wants to give the Urhobos 7 out of the eleven new seats making the Urhobos the overlord of the state. Think Ndi Igbo have it tough now in Delta? Wait till Iwu succeeds in his quest to hand over Delta to the Urhobos on a platter of gold. If Ohaneze allows Iwu to sell his brothers to the highest bidders, then Ndi Igbo deserve their comeuppance in Delta.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
1. well i dont blame you , you are an igbo goat from the bush in igbo land , if not for oyinbo people your fathers were living an unorganised life in the igbo forests, and indulging in eating human beings , ozuor , and your are an obolo, you are also an oseka , le ilolo ,
2. igbo goat , the same lies and propaganda and uncessary proudness that got your people into trouble with the rest of nigeria , and neigbouring tribes is in you , and many of your types , what will an ika person do with a descendant of an unorganised and kingless society , ? we will use you to kwa ese , that means we will use you to do sacrifice , igbo goat, shameless man , from an ever crying tribe, always crying maginalisation , and no wonder your uncles in lagos said that lagos is no mans land , and they got a shove from yorubas , or how else can you come to another persons land and say it is a no mans land ,
and wetin una de find for ika people body , una go see am , well i trust my people they will throw your people out , if they make any useless claim of ika being igbo tribe, or you don forget the 1967 issue , that our fathers assisted in chasing your uncles out of ika land ?
3. you say that ika should stop bearing your names , well , it is for those ikas who have decided to bear igbo names and there is nothing you can do about , luckily ika also bears benin names , infact , it is the benin names that is our family names ,.

4. tell all igbo communities to stop using kingship, because they borrowed it , igbos dont have kings , they took it from ikas, benins, and yorubas , and tell your kings , especially in onitcha to stop using the words agbogidi , because it is a benin name , they should stop using words like ugagbe for mirror in onitcha , or any igbo town because na benin word ,
5. why are igbos so naive and clueless , and why do they like propaganda , this word onu, is used by igbo for mouth , yoruba call it enu , and benin call it unu , so who borrowed it from the other ?

6. mr igbo , even if you give me one million naira , i will never change my ika tribe to igbo , please go and give your tribe a new name or try and slavage its image that is very negative ,

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Who are your people?

Sincerely, I respect ur right and that of any other person to chose who you want to be. My problem is ur childish and silly recourse to illogicalities and diversionary tactics. We have all admitted that there are indeed full blooded Bini immigrants living in ANIOMA area of Igboland and that u are obviously one of them. I expect u to respect other people's right to chose their own race and identity.

My job brings me in daily contact with people from every ethnic group in Nigeria including Bini/Edo people and I can assure u that they love and respect the Igbo nation just like all other tribes in and out of Nigeria. Of course, there is the perennial fear of the Igboman as having the tendency to overtake and dominate. A fear that has been promoted and fuelled by FGN. It is only a fool, that will allow himself to be deceived by a baseless fear-mongering that is borne out of envy. U can chose to be so deceived.

It is typical of characters like u to cause mass disaffection in order to drown your own lack of self worth. It is this cheap ploy of yours that every one on this thread, except for ur side-kicks Anioma777 and Abraxias, has warned u about but like the dog on the path of death, you have refused to answer ur master's call.

Trading abuses will not help u. You can get away with the abuses but insulting and betraying the Igbo nation and people while seeking refuge inside Igbo land will be stretching ur luck too far.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
agbotaen: 1. well i dont blame you , you are an igbo goat from the bush in igbo land , if not for oyinbo people your fathers were living an unorganised life in the igbo forests, and indulging in eating human beings , ozuor , and your are an obolo, you are also an oseka , le ilolo ,
2. igbo goat , the same lies and propaganda and uncessary proudness that got your people into trouble with the rest of nigeria , and neigbouring tribes is in you , and many of your types , what will an ika person do with a descendant of an unorganised and kingless society , ? we will use you to kwa ese , that means we will use you to do sacrifice , igbo goat, shameless man , from an ever crying tribe, always crying maginalisation , and no wonder your uncles in lagos said that lagos is no mans land , and they got a shove from yorubas , or how else can you come to another persons land and say it is a no mans land ,
and wetin una de find for ika people body , una go see am , well i trust my people they will throw your people out , if they make any useless claim of ika being igbo tribe, or you don forget the 1967 issue , that our fathers assisted in chasing your uncles out of ika land ?
3. you say that ika should stop bearing your names , well , it is for those ikas who have decided to bear igbo names and there is nothing you can do about , luckily ika also bears benin names , infact , it is the benin names that is our family names ,.

4. tell all igbo communities to stop using kingship, because they borrowed it , igbos dont have kings , they took it from ikas, benins, and yorubas , and tell your kings , especially in onitcha to stop using the words agbogidi , because it is a benin name , they should stop using words like ugagbe for mirror in onitcha , or any igbo town because na benin word ,
5. why are igbos so naive and clueless , and why do they like propaganda , this word onu, is used by igbo for mouth , yoruba call it enu , and benin call it unu , so who borrowed it from the other ?

6. mr igbo , even if you give me one million naira , i will never change my ika tribe to igbo , please go and give your tribe a new name or try and slavage its image that is very negative ,

SON OF A BENIN WHO DO RESEARCH AND ASK SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT YOURSELF. AS OLD AS YOU ARE.... I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU. YORUBA-BENIN-IGALLA-ISHA EDO WANNA BE. VERY VERY INCOSEQUENTIAL

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
1. whatever you posted about delta state is pure fallacy , delta is made up of many ethnic group , such as itsekiri, uhrobo, isoko, ijaw, anioma , which is made up of ika , ndokwa, aniocha and oshimili people , even in delta there are many ukwani amongst the uhrobos like the orogun people in ugheli, there is the okpe people amongst those we call uhrobo , and the okpe people have started to crave for their seperate identity , in anioma we have the yoruba olukunmi , people , igala -ebu people, in ika we have two language group of ozara and those that speak ika , and amongst the ndokwas they also have isokos , so we are really a mixed and connected tribes or races in delta.
2. igbos are always crying marginalisation and they seem to have also affected some anioma communities with their crying bug, since creation of delta state uhrobos have ruled two times , with iboris 8 years rule being the highest , and now we have an itsekiri governor , so what about isoko people have they ever ruled delta or have a deputy governor ? the answer is no , it is just now that isoko have a secretary to delta governor ,
what about ijaws ? ave they ever ruled delta ? the answer is no , they have never produced a deputy governor or any key post in delta government , and this is the first times that itsekiri is becoming delta governor , and delta is just 21 years old , so why all these cry ? or is asaba not an anioma town ? and the capital of delta state , is it not near iseleuku ?
3. anioma people have occupied key positions in delta state , so they should ask their sons , what they did for anioma ? and hold them responsible and stop behaving like the igbo man that blames every one for his problem except himself.
4. anioma man from ika has been deputy governor , acting governor , secretary to government, chief of staff , accountant general , speakers , and now the new speaker is from onicha olona , i think that is ochei, and other big position, an ika man is also senator , so what have all these people done for anioma , or are we the only people in delta state , right now ika also have an ambassador , and anioma has a minister while uhrobos have none , so who is marginalising who?
5. anioma also has the creme de la creme of nigerian business with the pat utomis, elumelus, the jim ovias, the obaigbenas, omojafors, and the okochas , so why dont they develope anioma and bring business instead of developing abuja and lagos , or is okonjo iweala not from ogwashi uku ? why cant she develope her town ? let animas stop crying marginalisation as that will not give them developement or political progress , they will only end up like the igbos , whos preocupation is to cry wolf , while others strategise and get what they want

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
1 is ika land igbo ? you are just sick and that is why your oji uzor kalu said lagos is a no mans land and he got the yorubas angry .
2. the same thing your brothers did saying ika is igbo land and we kicked you guys out with assistance of federal troops , go and learn to respect others , we dont want to be a part of an expired product like the igbo you are trying to sell to ika people , na by force

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Below is a list of the top 10 publishing companies in the world. Agboaten go and publish Ika 101 or Ika History biko. your write ups are so long, boring and repetitive. Thanks (please go with #3 because I can give you a discount as the Publisher's daughter is my FWB). IKa kwenu

1. Pearson
2.Reed Elsevier
3. Thomson Reuters
4. WOlters Kluwer
5. HAchette Livre
6. Grupo PLaneta
7.McGraw Hill Education
8. Random House
9. Holtzbrinck
10. Scholastic corp.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
agbotaen: 1. whatever you posted about delta state is pure fallacy , delta is made up of many ethnic group , such as itsekiri, uhrobo, isoko, ijaw, anioma , which is made up of ika , ndokwa, aniocha and oshimili people , even in delta there are many ukwani amongst the uhrobos like the orogun people in ugheli, there is the okpe people amongst those we call uhrobo , and the okpe people have started to crave for their seperate identity , in anioma we have the yoruba olukunmi , people , igala -ebu people, in ika we have two language group of ozara and those that speak ika , and amongst the ndokwas they also have isokos , so we are really a mixed and connected tribes or races in delta.
2. igbos are always crying marginalisation and they seem to have also affected some anioma communities with their crying bug, since creation of delta state uhrobos have ruled two times , with iboris 8 years rule being the highest , and now we have an itsekiri governor , so what about isoko people have they ever ruled delta or have a deputy governor ? the answer is no , it is just now that isoko have a secretary to delta governor ,
what about ijaws ? ave they ever ruled delta ? the answer is no , they have never produced a deputy governor or any key post in delta government , and this is the first times that itsekiri is becoming delta governor , and delta is just 21 years old , so why all these cry ? or is asaba not an anioma town ? and the capital of delta state , is it not near iseleuku ?
3. anioma people have occupied key positions in delta state , so they should ask their sons , what they did for anioma ? and hold them responsible and stop behaving like the igbo man that blames every one for his problem except himself.
4. anioma man from ika has been deputy governor , acting governor , secretary to government, chief of staff , accountant general , speakers , and now the new speaker is from onicha olona , i think that is ochei, and other big position, an ika man is also senator , so what have all these people done for anioma , or are we the only people in delta state , right now ika also have an ambassador , and anioma has a minister while uhrobos have none , so who is marginalising who?
5. anioma also has the creme de la creme of nigerian business with the pat utomis , elumelus, the jim ovias, the obaigbenas, omojafors, and the okochas , so why dont they develope anioma and bring business instead of developing abuja and lagos , or is okonjo iweala not from ogwashi uku ? why cant she develope her town ? let animas stop crying marginalisation as that will not give them developement or political progress , they will only end up like the igbos , whos preocupation is to cry wolf , while others strategise and get what they want

bolded have never denied being igbo. The rest are fair weather igbos (inlcuding ika).

Why are you using anioma and ika interchangeably? I thought you are Ika and now you want to take style come join Anioma again?
Anyway Anioma is a man made acronym so I am not a big fan of saying I am anioma. I will say any day I am Oshimilli man (obviously i identify with igbo more than anioma crap).

Biko stick to your ika, let me stick to my oshimilli

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
you have been warned and told to talk about your damn confused self not for entire delta igbo they aint as stupid and confused as you are. They got pure blood unlike you son of run away felon
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
tonychristopher: you have been warned and told to talk about your damn confused self not for entire delta igbo they aint as stupid and confused as you are. They got pure blood unlike you son of run away felon
must you insult or abuse anytime you comment?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
tips . This idiot called agbontae is a mentally inept and very confused. He will claim benin today. Yoruba tomorrow and when the son of a gun sees that all his arguements are tantrums and baseless he tried to rope anioma into his emotionall quagmire. I pity him cos this comet via a confused parentage and feel so hurt that his people repeatedly speaks igbo bear igbo names. Tell me or show me where any ika king has ever told us they aint igbo. Can they say it. They cant he is on his own. Mental solitude is a traumatic process and this man is one. Ok lets agree that he is not igbo but admonished benin rabid dog what is he still doing on delta IGBO thread. I pity him. I am with my ika friend here sipping brandy while he makes us laugh. Son of excom. Pls trace your history. Who even told that idiot that we never had kings or is monarchy sign of civilizatipn. Do australians have king or american. Is he civilized. Fake igbo

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
tonychristopher: Well, all i want to say been an igbo man from the east is that the Agbor people are typical igbos in every aspects. Their igbo dialects are even understood by an average igbo more than that of some communities in the south east.This not withstanding there must be handful of benin blood which may not reach of to 8% of their population that are fueling this confusion of ika people been from benin. Those people knew themselves. You dont need to raise unnecessary unfounded alarm about ika been from benin because your great great father himself migrated to Agbor land and create unneccessary uproar to 92% that are sure of their igbo ancestry. Igbo is larger than a tribe but a nation. Igbo will soon develope to a RACE status like the jews. With the excellent academic records in the Uk high schools and Universities as well as in american Universities, the whites are begining to think that the igbos are actually unique black tribe with unharnessed brains liken to jews and japanese. Today in Uk and US the black people with the highest academic records even higher than the so called white supramist are all igbos. An igbo man today is said to be among the first 3 men in the world with the highest IQ in the world. Dominance in science/technology among expertraite igbos are beging to get world recognition. It is only in nigeria that igbo crimes which other tribes commits are made obvious with great silence in their feats all over the workd. An average Agbor person must have IQ higher than their Benin counterpart but one close to their igbos kith/kin in the east. Been igbo or not is beyond sitting on your laptop and writing what you feel like, but it is in you. The minority that are of benin with some mixed igbo ancestry should remained with the benin who does not recognised that they benis. It just the matter of cultural affinity with the ancient benin kingdom is what the ikas inherited from Benis due to proximity to them. OHANAEZE MUST CONTINUE TO EXTEND THEIR HAND TO IKAS BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHO IS THEIR OWN. LONG LIVE THE IGBOS, LONG LIVE THE JEWS. IGBO MANS HOPE OF EXCELLENCY AND DOMINATING THE WORLD REMAIN IN THEIR IDENTITY WITH JESUS ALONE.

You,sir,however, is bereft of an IQ.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nonsensical threads like this was exactly why ppl like me joined NL. Yorubas claiming to be ikwere, Anioma, Ika et al. Saying that we Anioma, Ikwerre of the SS are not Igbo seems to make their day, but do we gain anything from them when they try to rewrite our history and say we are Non-Igbo. Big No!

Do not be deceived, for every shred of hate they have for the SE Igbo, they reserve tons for SS Igbo.

Have we forgotten how they shouted- Igbo coup! When 5 brave Majors (4 of whom were Anioma) decided to rid the nation of kleptocrats and ten-percenters. Who has forgotten the Asaba massacre?
How about the break away from the west and the successful creation of the much needed midwest with the backing of the East. Greedy Awo has never forgiven us for that, even in his grave. grin

Listen, Every Emeka, Dozie, Kelechi, Wike, Amaechi, Nzeogwu, Okafor, Anuforo from the SS is Omoibo to their eyes. Except when they want to share crude oil from our region, then they deploy their divide and loot tactics.

Oral history has it that Ezechima our progenitor migrated from Nri, and like a resilient Igboman fought the King of Benin and gave us breath as Western Igbos.

Too much lies have.been told.
I have never hidden my Identity. I am Anioma, Anioma is Igboid. I am lgbo.
We won't let anyone rewrite our history with their Yoruba press.

FROM ANIOMA AND IKA SON \

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
EVERY once in a while, one is forced to respond or intervene on aspects of our shared history generally obscured or revised by some public commentator acting out of some peculiar anxiety. I have maintained on a number of occasions that contemporary Nigerian history is generally built on fiction, and this fact generally throws up the problem of the uses of history when it is deployed to obscurantist and reactionary purposes.It is against this background that I wish to respond to the article about the Igbo desire to “annex the Niger delta” written by some peculiarly enthusiastic commentator with the equally peculiar nomme de plume - Grade-One Clark - published in the Vanguard, in response to Mr. Nnanna Ocherome. I have no doubt that Ocherome would more than discharge himself if he chooses to respond to Mr. Clark, and so my concern, I should clarify with a prefatory statement, is not to rally to Nnanna Ocherome’s flag.It is rather to point Mr. Clark and whomever may be so inclined, to some interesting ambiguities and silences, and in fact, the pernicious fantasy of the claim in his article about Igbo designs to annex the Niger-delta. But what is the Niger delta? Today, most Nigerians associate what they call the “South-South” - a strange geography of disparate entities -.also generally referring to “minorities of Southern Nigeria” as constituting the Niger delta.Such entities as the Isoko, the Urhrobo, the Ijaw, the Itsekiri, the Edo, the Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Ekoi, and so on and so forth, who constitute a polarity that measures itself against the formidable Igbo group of the Nigerian South.But the Niger delta is indeed more than this. It has been a rather active theatre of history, and anybody who wishes to know its true and abiding story should look to Kenneth Dike, E.J. Alagoa and Obaro Ikime, three of Nigeria’s most distinguished historians who have written with insight about it.I think that Mr “Grade-One” Clark is ignorant of his history when he asserts with fanatical authority that the Igbo were, because of some purported moves to normalize contact and build deeper alliances with their Southern neighbors, having designs to annex the “Niger delta.” Rapid annexationHow could the Igbo annex the Niger delta, when it is already the Niger delta? I mean, there are more Igbo in the Niger delta than Mr. Clark’s Ijaw group.If anything, what has gone on over the years with a pall of silence upon it has been the rapid annexation of Igboland by the Nigerian state to compensate its allies in the civil war to which Mr. Clark alludes in his essay as the cause of the decline of Igbo influence among the traditional “three-legged” balance of power in Nigeria.I wish to make it clear that although the contemporary rhetoric of Nigeria’s geo-political narrative do not often say it, in fact makes silent the fact, but the Igbo population not only dominate the Niger delta, it radically constitutes it. Mr Clark should, therefore, be told in unmistakable terms that his attempts to excise the Igbo from that map, although understandable, is wishful thinking.It has been the design of the likes of him who are driven both by an anxiety and phobia of the Igbo, and by an ignorance of their past, and by some kind of primordial longing for the Igbo to disappear. But by the inexorable hand of fate the Igbo thrives and will continue to thrive in their homelands and cannot be erased by mere fantasy.For a long time, a section of the Ijaw group have laid claim to ownership of the landscape called the “Niger delta”. While one must acknowledge significant Ijaw presence in what we now generally call the Niger Delta, one must at the same time note that the Igbo ethnic population of the Niger delta remain overwhelming. In this respect, it is important to point to the reports of the Willinks commission to justify this claim.The fiction of Ijaw dominance of the Niger Delta region began with the end of the civil war and the deliberate attempt to erase the Igbo from the political and economic map of the Niger delta, fully supported by the Nigerian state, and aided with the massive war-time propaganda that the Igbo constitute only a “landlocked” East Central State. This fiction persists and gains increasing currency by various methods of defamiliarization.If one looks at the population table of 1972/3, it basically said the old Rivers State was Ijaw - no Igbo, no Ogoni, just Ijaw, period - with a total population average of five per cent. In actual fact, the Niger delta has long being regarded by mostly the Western Ijaw, as war booty.The Igbo have remained silent over this issue largely because most Igbo have been intimidated by the blackmail against them, and so shudder naturally from the accusation that they have colonial designs against their vulnerable neighbours.Igbo silence is in order not to be unseemly. But frankly, what has happened is that Igbo land has, as a result, been systematically annexed, and fragmented by the Nigerian state, and distributed into far-flung territories in the most devious strategy of balkanization ever designed against a culture group. Its all part of a Carthaginian treaty.For instance Igbo groups like the Ndoki are distributed today between Abia, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers states; the Egbema between Imo, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa States, the Anioma are in the Delta, while the Ika are broken between Delta and Edo states; the Izza clan between Ebonyi, Cross River and Benue State, and a significant portion of the Ikwo clan reside today in Kogi State, all these with the intent of reducing so- called Igbo political capital.In fact today, the Ijaw even desire to claim Opobo and Umu-Ubani (Bonny) whose histories are long documented, and basic.The Igbo have lived and established their cultures both in the Niger delta and in the upland areas. The proof of Igbo presence in this landscape is so inescapable that even in his Oziddi Saga, the poet J.P Clark accounts for it. One of the official languages listed by the government of Equatorial Guinea across the Atlantic, is Igbo.The Igbo thus form a bridge of cultures in a landscape of history which needs no further annexation. In actual fact, the Igbo stake in the Niger Delta is the Niger delta.Mr. Clark should face up to the fact and understand that whether he likes the Igbo or not, he cannot just wish them away. In any case, the objective should be to bring together every energy towards making the Niger delta prosperous, and livable. The Igbo are not averse to this and so are not his problem
http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/...b23042006.html
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
1. i am pure ika and i and majority of ika people will always remain ika , there is no ika king that is part of ohaneze ndigbo or any igbo ethnic group meeting , and anioma is a word that was coined from ika , ndokwa, aniocha and oshimili , so if you remove ika from it then there is no more anioma , what you will is anoma, we have checked through our history and we know that we have never been igbo at any time and that is why the attempt to force ikas to be igbos in 1967 met a brick wall and failed , we know our origin and we are proud of it , ika is an amalgamation of many tribes fussed together to become one , just like igbo is a fussion of many groups who agreed to be one , and ika has never been part of igbo and will never be .
2. we have been great , and that is why even during the reign of the benin empire , it was ika that always engaged in serious wars with benins with varying results , and that is why agbor kingdom was the largest kingdom east of benin , consisting of many kingdoms now in anioma area , that are now independent , and up till date the pagant and glory of agbor kingdom canever be equalled by any other kingdom , with the exception of benin , and itsekiri kingdoms, so we know our history and we are proud of it .
3 . the owa kingdom also made history when it engaged the british in a full scale war in 1906 , and captain crewe reade was killed at owanta by tete okunbor osagie , an owa general , and our obi ogbeihaga eboigbodin igbeoba was captured and deposed to warri, along with chief osaigbovou the ologboshere of owa , and prince usiade , so we know our history and it is well documented .
4. even in aniocha area , there are people who are igalas like ebu kingdom and yorubas like ugbodo , ukunzun and others , they know where the migrated from , and they all agreed to be anioma , while some claim to be igbo , some say they are not igbo and that includes the ika people in majority and that formed their decisions in 1967 , and that is why they are not part of ohaneze today .
5. for you to know that ika people are serious , we do not celebrate igbo day like most aniocha/oshimili communities do and we are not part of ohaneze , those you will see there are people like pat utomi from ibusa , or people from ogwashi and the rest communities , you will not see jim ovia there or omojafor or obaigbena , or irabor , or usiade there , they are members of ogua/onu ika , the apex socio-cultural group for ikas .
6. being igbo or not being igbo will not give ika any thing , but our collective drive for success will lead us to the promise land and as far as delta state is concerned politically by appointment or in business and private life ika has faired very well .
7. i predict that if delta north will become governor of delta state , it will come from either ika area or ndokwa/ukwani area, because of several reasons .
8. most igbos here are very insultive ,and if i insult them back they will become angry , well when people are uncultured from their traditional back ground , they always misbehave ,
9. i am an unrepentant ika revolutionalist armed with correct ika history , and i am proud of being from a great and ancient lineage of ika kings , so blue blood is in my veins and my ancestors were warriors , and i am proud of my village , idumu-ezomor in owa-oyibu ,
like our chants go ---------------------
umun igbegidi no gidigan ,
adhuaran okenyen ,
obi hun gi edeke obi arira uku,
omamburu amaifon,
agbogidi , agbon eforikor.

children of igbedigin the great warrior ,
giant amongst men,
the king that uses other kings blood to wash his legs,
no person can throw stone at the moon,
you are the great moon,
the great ampibious person , may your descendants not dissappear .

long life ika nation ,ika ooye .

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
agbotaen: 1. i am pure ika and i and majority of ika people will always remain ika , there is no ika king that is part of ohaneze ndigbo or any igbo ethnic group meeting , and anioma is a word that was coined from ika , ndokwa, aniocha and oshimili , so if you remove ika from it then there is no more anioma , what you will is anoma, we have checked through our history and we know that we have never been igbo at any time and that is why the attempt to force ikas to be igbos in 1967 met a brick wall and failed , we know our origin and we are proud of it , ika is an amalgamation of many tribes fussed together to become one , just like igbo is a fussion of many groups who agreed to be one , and ika has never been part of igbo and will never be .
2. we have been great , and that is why even during the reign of the benin empire , it was ika that always engaged in serious wars with benins with varying results , and that is why agbor kingdom was the largest kingdom east of benin , consisting of many kingdoms now in anioma area , that are now independent , and up till date the pagant and glory of agbor kingdom canever be equalled by any other kingdom , with the exception of benin , and itsekiri kingdoms, so we know our history and we are proud of it .
3 . the owa kingdom also made history when it engaged the british in a full scale war in 1906 , and captain crewe reade was killed at owanta by tete okunbor osagie , an owa general , and our obi ogbeihaga eboigbodin igbeoba was captured and deposed to warri, along with chief osaigbovou the ologboshere of owa , and prince usiade , so we know our history and it is well documented .
4. even in aniocha area , there are people who are igalas like ebu kingdom and yorubas like ugbodo , ukunzun and others , they know where the migrated from , and they all agreed to be anioma , while some claim to be igbo , some say they are not igbo and that includes the ika people in majority and that formed their decisions in 1967 , and that is why they are not part of ohaneze today .
5. for you to know that ika people are serious , we do not celebrate igbo day like most aniocha/oshimili communities do and we are not part of ohaneze , those you will see there are people like pat utomi from ibusa , or people from ogwashi and the rest communities , you will not see jim ovia there or omojafor or obaigbena , or irabor , or usiade there , they are members of ogua/onu ika , the apex socio-cultural group for ikas .
6. being igbo or not being igbo will not give ika any thing , but our collective drive for success will lead us to the promise land and as far as delta state is concerned politically by appointment or in business and private life ika has faired very well .
7. i predict that if delta north will become governor of delta state , it will come from either ika area or ndokwa/ukwani area, because of several reasons .
8. most igbos here are very insultive ,and if i insult them back they will become angry , well when people are uncultured from their traditional back ground , they always misbehave ,
9. i am an unrepentant ika revolutionalist armed with correct ika history , and i am proud of being from a great and ancient lineage of ika kings , so blue blood is in my veins and my ancestors were warriors , and i am proud of my village , idumu-ezomor in owa-oyibu ,
like our chants go ---------------------
umun igbegidi no gidigan ,
adhuaran okenyen ,
obi hun gi edeke obi arira uku,
omamburu amaifon,
agbogidi , agbon eforikor.

children of igbedigin the great warrior ,
giant amongst men,
the king that uses other kings blood to wash his legs,
no person can throw stone at the moon,
you are the great moon,
the great ampibious person , may your descendants not dissappear .

long life ika nation ,ika ooye .
Monkey, always cut your idiotic story here very short. Too boring.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
I don't even bother to read agbotean post anymore. it's pretty much the same ish over and over again.... it's so boring and all of it is he's own writing, not one link from anyother.
Igboboy, I do thank you for pointing those highlighted words out. That boy no dey listen. To be agbotean and his likes, for the last time Keep Ogwashi uku and Asaba out of una conversation. We are not one of you lots and not like you lots. how hard is it for you to speak for yourself. Na wa oo, you've made yourself the mouth piece of ika, now you jumping to speak for the rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.