Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,818 members, 7,976,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 06:42 PM

My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (91774 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by deliciousgeh(f): 9:35am On Jul 15, 2018
[quote author=HEseesall post=69373131]

Thanks, i am thinking of telling our pastor, i dont want to tell my family cos they may antagonise him, thanks for your imput

[/quote for your own good.... Stay away from pastors and alphas.... These people will destroy you and your marriage. What will your pastor say? Be submissive and remain under your husband, change the property name to his because he is the head blablabla. Madam, secure your life and future. Be wise. I will rather you talk to elders in the family and make sure it is not a family meeting with his family but both families. Pastor ko pastor ni. Wolves in sheep clothings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Juicybreed(m): 9:36am On Jul 15, 2018
[quote author=HEseesall post=69371294

Two weeks ago we had a major misunderstanding, it was soo intense to the extent that he told me to park out of the house, in the heat of things i told him that cannot be possible that the house is in my name, he was shocked, saying it is impossible we built it together that it's in his name, i had to remind him what happened then, he was furious saying it was wrong of me to use my name, that he cant believe he has been staying in a house that does not belong to him, he told his family what i did claming victim, then he packed out saying he wont come home till i change the name to his full name, i begged him to no avail.

All I can see from the comments are so childish. This is married couples issue. Op please you need to highlight while your husband want you out. I think that's the core issue. People are so quick to condem the Man. From your post you are playing a victim game.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by daclemx: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2018
daclemx:

If he refuses to accept Mr. and Mrs. then I am afraid your husband has hidden agenda. You can suggest changing the name to your kids' so the two of you know it is in your children's name. MAKE him understand that you want it to be in the kid's name. If he refused, then take the bold step. Move on with your life. What if he renders you homeless or sells the house after changing the name to his? What will you do? Be wise. I am a man. And no man will ever tell his wife to get out of the house and leave with innocent kids.

I repeat, use the name of your kids. Call him, call your pastor and the lawyers. In their presence, tell the lawyer to change the name of the documents to your first child's name. U don catch am be that. If he says NO, then there is something fishy. I hope understand. Don't tell him your plans oh. Do it in front of them.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by lilichi: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2018
Change it tô mrs oge dada and mr ade dada...cos any body cn b d mrs in mr and mrs ade dada

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by obstead200(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2018
divinelove:
you are his wife so building the house with your name alone is a big red flag, moreso without his knowledge what type of wife does that? It shows you are preparing for divorce.

There are two sides to a story and I know you are not telling us the whole truth. In the building of the house there is no way the man could not have made a lot of contribution n sacrifice (may be not financial) to see it completed believing it's our house, complete betrayal.

If you are a Christian then always Know that your husband is your head.

He asked you to leave the house but believe me he doesn't mean it, it's just a way for men to show they are in charge.

There is alot of trust issues already but the only way out is to have joint ownership that allows him 60% if you still wants him as your husband. There is no way he will stay in a house u own alone as the wife.

what the wife did was wrong. But it turned out to be the best decision.
A man that can ask his wife to pack out for any reason short if infidelity is a dangerous man. I can never do that, (,)

I support the lady. She shud not change the documents abeg

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by prettysassygirl(f): 9:42am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly
Don't mind him ooooo,never allow him push u to change that name,he has another girl somewhere and he wants to kick u out of the picture,u think of the future of your kids,also that house would keep a link between u too whether he likes it or not ,and he wants u out of his life so don't ever for any reason make him the sole owner ,make it both of you and remember use your full names ,for anybody can be his mrss

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by stanliwise(m): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2018
ShenTeh:

Very correct.

I am reading this from page to page and all I see is that THE ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE IS IN THE TITLE.

I have seen very intelligent posts and not-so-bright ones. @ Heseesaall, The person destroying her marriage because of pride here is you and not your husband as you'd like us to believe.

# You've always had your way with your "good" husband and are very shocked that he is not being a sucker this once. You initially thought it was a joke and that he'd come around like he's always done.

# Your action portrayed you as one of those women who think money is everything (our Yorubas call it "ojuorolari" -someone not accustomed to wealth, literally).Properly put - Greedy. Your words suggest that your family has repeatedly warned you about this. It is the reason you know they'll condemn your action over a "mere property".

# You have brought the symptoms of your failed management to the www, and conveniently left out the main reason your "good" husband asked you and 'your children' out of your matrimonial home. Why would a good man do that? Infidelity? I know good men stop being good when conversations get to that.

# It is obvious your husband doesn't need the property. Let me shock you - He probably even knew this a long time ago and never thought much about it. He is shocked that what was important to you during that moment of his anger was the ownership of the house instead of showing remorse for your action (which led to his sending you out, which we still don't know yet).

# One of the goods and ironically the biggest danger of social media, is the plurality of uncensored opinions. You'd rather be left more confused with the amount of information thrown at you on here. Interestingly however, go back to yourself. The answer is with you.

# Don't change the name to his. Yes. I"d rather in the children's name like some suggest here. But in the heat of this moment, tell him you have agreed. When peace has been restored, tell him you have a much better idea. Then throw the idea of the children's name. A good man should buy that.

#Ultimately, I have read from memoirs of the dying and aged and their caregivers that at the end it is family that matters. Not marriage. Not properties. But I see the one that is closest of the two.

It is your call.
Although you made nice point down there but some of your point especially your first and second point make you sound like those traditional fanatic that would always blame the woman undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by peeparty(m): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly

This is a clear evidence he doesn't mean well for you and he is not your husband really..
I can only blame you for using just your name instead of Mrs and Mr and to make it worst you didn't even tell him about it.

Honestly you married the wrong man.Am so sure alot has been going on in your home before this particular issue...

Alot as been said already..i repeat do not change the name to his name if not you will regret forever..

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by marttol: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Christian blackmailer. Tell that to billions of other people that adheres to other faith.
lol...christian population is the highest... And don't call the Bible a fairytale again... wink

JESUS LOVES YOU

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by olushowunm(m): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:
I had to open this account for anonymity
I'm in a dilemma, let me start like this, when i and my husband first got married we did a joint business that fetched us a huge amount of money, the aim was to build a house, when we got the money, he decided to use his' for his parents (i had no problem with that) then mine for what we wanted to use it for

Two weeks ago we had a major misunderstanding, it was soo intense to the extent that he told me to park out of the house, in the heat of things i told him that cannot be possible that the house is in my name, he was shocked, saying it is impossible we built it together that it's in his name, i had to remind him what happened then, he was furious saying it was wrong of me to use my name, that he cant believe he has been staying in a house that does not belong to him, he told his family what i did claming victim, then he packed out saying he wont come home till i change the name to his full name, i begged him to no avail, i dont even know how to tell my people, imagine if it was in his name, i and the kids would have been out of the house by now, he has requested for transfer from his office to another state cos of this, who does that?? He cant expect me to change it to his name.

Pls i need other advise to go about this, he is a good man but he feels his ego has been bruised, i need other options.

MODIFIED For those viewing this, i have made some clarifications down to page (1),
change the title to your business name. At least both of you are stakeholders in it. That way they need signatures from both parties.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CSTR1005: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2018
ShenTeh:

Very correct.

I am reading this from page to page and all I see is that THE ANSWER TO THIS ISSUE IS IN THE TITLE.

I have seen very intelligent posts and not-so-bright ones. @ Heseesaall, The person destroying her marriage because of pride here is you and not your husband as you'd like us to believe.

# You've always had your way with your "good" husband and are very shocked that he is not being a sucker this once. You initially thought it was a joke and that he'd come around like he's always done.

# Your action portrayed you as one of those women who think money is everything (our Yorubas call it "ojuorolari" -someone not accustomed to wealth, literally).Properly put - Greedy. Your words suggest that your family has repeatedly warned you about this. It is the reason you know they'll condemn your action over a "mere property".

# You have brought the symptoms of your failed management to the www, and conveniently left out the main reason your "good" husband asked you and 'your children' out of your matrimonial home. Why would a good man do that? Infidelity? I know good men stop being good when conversations get to that.

# It is obvious your husband doesn't need the property. Let me shock you - He probably even knew this a long time ago and never thought much about it. He is shocked that what was important to you during that moment of his anger was the ownership of the house instead of showing remorse for your action (which led to his sending you out, which we still don't know yet).

# One of the goods and ironically the biggest danger of social media, is the plurality of uncensored opinions. You'd rather be left more confused with the amount of information thrown at you on here. Interestingly however, go back to yourself. The answer is with you.

# Don't change the name to his. Yes. I"d rather in the children's name like some suggest here. But in the heat of this moment, tell him you have agreed. When peace has been restored, tell him you have a much better idea. Then throw the idea of the children's name. A good man should buy that.

#Ultimately, I have read from memoirs of the dying and aged and their caregivers that at the end it is family that matters. Not marriage. Not properties. But I see the one that is closest of the two.

It is your call.
Thank you.

The husband's anger may be because she lorded the ownership of the house over him, especially when her initial offense is great.
She showed no remorse.

No man with a spine will condone that. Good man or not.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CSTR1005: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2018
obstead200:
A man that can ask his wife to pack out for any reason short if infidelity is a dangerous man. I can never do that, (,)

Do you know if her offense was infidelity?
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Mokuwe: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2018
He is selfish, dont giive in to his demand

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Ositace(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2018
Me, I wonder what u did to get him that angry, before he asked u to leave... Hope u didn't do what I'm thinking?

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by linearity: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2018
KlasysTech:
If he doesn't want Mr. & Mrs please go for divorce.

If they point gun on your head, never change the name to his name.

And you need to stop bordering yourself about his disappearance.

Just know that you change the name to his, then you just signed your own death outcast warrant

If they are married statutory, it does not matter whose name is on paper as the owner of the house.....it belongs to both of them and subject to equitable distribution.

It is best she settles with him, they will both be just feeding a lawyer in a contested divorce over an outcome which is very obvious - assuming both sides are able to enter their evidences into record.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2018
its with me, love.. u shld learn 2 watch ur mouth
lovingyouhun:

Goodness me! Were is your brain?
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by oluloveme: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

If you agree to change the documents to his name.
You and your children will regret it for life.

You will never recover from it. And even God will be mad at such stupidity.

Please calm down and receive sense....just talk less, you can beg him to soothe is wounded ego....but don't bulge about keeping your name on the title.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2018
are u in the mind of her husband?
lala45:
Why should she change it ti his name,so in future,the guy will tell her to move,neveruote author=HRHQueenPhil post=69371645]wow, dis is serious
1. invite ur pastor or someone he highly respects and a lawyer.

2. kneel down and beg him in their midst and ask d lawyer 2 change it 2 his name.( this is if u want peace}

now, if u are scared he would turn around and throw u out l8a,
1. call a lawyer and file for a divorce
2. sell d house, invest d money and move 2 a smaller house

It is well with u
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Martinez19(m): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2018
obstead200:

That's it. Though she was wrong not have shared the house ownership 50-50 but it eventually turned out that her decision to have the house in her name is the best decision. She should leave it like that. If the husband loves the wife and wants peace(which he should if he values his marriage and is matured), he should have accepted the apologies and 50-50 peace offering from the wife. Not only is he willing to throw his wife out of house over a major disagreement, he is also willing to put his marriage on hold if he doesn't get the sole ownership of the house - a house he partly built. What selfish, proud and mean individual.

Why is he playing the victim before parents when he wanted to chase his wife out? He obviously thought he was the owner of house and he could say what goes. This shows he never wanted to share and trying to send his wife out over a mere disagreement shows that he should not be given sole ownership of the house. grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2018
let him go, did she tell u she wants 2 be a divorcee?u will answer GOD wen dis marriage crashes with ur foolish advise.
tiredoflife:

Really kneel down
Wonders shall never end
Best she should do is either put it in the kid's name or let him go
Abi u no born for am
Let him go
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2018
u are obviously not a married and a mature man. it is so wrong 2 admit a person is wrong and make restitution?
yipata:
Want peace ke... We don't oh. I'm a man and I'm sure he will do it again. And this time ur out.

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by bayour02(m): 10:23am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

Thanks, i am thinking of telling our pastor, i dont want to tell my family cos they may antagonise him, thanks for your imput

people are just too judgemental, u re not telling us the whole truth and u know it. u said he's a good man which means he's always considerate. if he can ask u out of d house, it's means he has more than 60% input during and after construction. Now, d question is what Av u done to get a good man this angry? am sure if we are to hear from d man, we might b raining courses on u because for him to seek transfer to another state, u've really done worse. My advice to u is that just believe ur marriage is never gonna be dsame again even if u change ownership, so just keep begging, praying and seek a lawyers advise cos am sure that where u'll get d best from in cases like this. REMEMBER, he will throw u out again if u repeat that thing u did even after u change ownership.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Jagabanj(f): 10:23am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

You dont understand, we have kids, i am working but i cant do everything on my own, how will i tell them we are no more together because of property
My dear the biggest mistake you will do is to change the documents to his name. Maintain your stand, take care of your kids and pray. He will realize one-day and come back to his senses.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by RegularguyX: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2018
madridguy:
You both should settle this amicably but don't change the properties document to his name otherwise you will cry over it.

I beg you for the sake of your children, DO NOT CHANGE the ownership of that property.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by oshe11: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2018
Amberon11:
She owns at least 75% of the house since she also bought the land.
Yea.....

But not all

Moreover she didnt let the Husband know

And I'm sure they didnt outrightly share the profit.....

I see a pained woman who didnt want her husband to help his people, hence she shared the profit in her MIND

AND WHY IS EVERYBODY IGNORING THE ISSUE THAT LED TO QUARREL?
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by ganwa: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2018
If the house was built by u and with ur money, please don't change anything or u might regret it. Changing it to Mr and Mrs can't actually stop him from claiming the house since the Mr and Mrs ends in his Surname and the "Mrs might actually be another woman tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by adekS1(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2018
sacramento1212:
Except you guys had a disagreement from the onset, where i fault you was using your name as the sole owner of the property from the onset.

Even if he used his own share of the money for the parents as you indicated, i see no reason why you shouldn't have used Mr & Mrs XYZ as the property owner since you never had any issue with him using his own funds for the parents.

Your husband is upset and i wouldn't advise changing the name at this time since he has refused joint names for the change as that would be dangerous. I suggest you involve families since he told you to pack out of the house which further triggered all these problems.

Finally, your husband's version of what happened might be different from this thread you created but my advise is based on what you have written here.
browse l like ur sense
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by dkconcept: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2018
Let's address the root of the problem carefully

A man don't just turn to beast, it takes the beast in woman to bring out the worst in man and it's vice versa, also, if you are man, you know we are naturally born with ego and pride and it takes the working of Holy Spirit and understanding to let's that down in our life.

For both of them to have agreed to do a successful business together, it shows there is a mutual understanding and love in them, we all know woman in their myopic way of talking, don't be surprise this woman trick the husband by insult or no respect and all this can never be tolerated by a man, a man reading this will testify to that.

Also, it might be when the project was going on, this woman might cunningly hide the details from the husband about the building information, sheybi they are jointly joined together, why will she use her name a lone for their first project , the man might felt betrayed.

Let's do this calculation, am sure the husband can't use all the whole money for the family issue, if used, it must be a worst pressing issue which the woman must consent to it, the money to build house will never be less than millions of naira, which means husband must have contributed immensely to the success, either by sponsoring the house and the wife work and also doing many denier only to see to the success of the project and now my wife now claimed the whole house belongs to her.

Am not in support of the man for displaying such attitude neither will I say what the wife did was wrong or right, the husband side of the story will effidently show what is the real matter

We all know how woman could be in their talking manner, just an insult can make a man to commit sucide a lone .

Just my observation .

Madam, here is my solution for you
Confess to your trusted man of God and ask God for forgiveness over the way you might have reacted that made him to alter such statement.

Beg him to let's the name be in favour of both of you , preferably let's your pastor or lawyer say it.

Learn to respect him as your ultimate head, we love a woman to give a total respect and do as if she didn't see, he won't take you for granted , a man must always be a man.

Don't let's a divorce or slay mama advice you on this matter, they don't see anything good in man, they will call for his head to be remove and welcome you to their club and mock you later.

Thanks,
Dkconcept
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by wordbank(m): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2018
ShenTeh:

Very correct.

It is your call.
Revelation!
There's an adage in igbo that goes "Imara nka, ima nke ozo?"
Which means "You can know it all" and now she's stuck in her game, beaten by herself standing in the mirror looking stupid and helpless.
She thought and talked her way into this, same way she can think and talk her way out.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by tiredoflife(m): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
let him go, did she tell u she wants 2 be a divorcee?u will answer GOD wen dis marriage crashes with ur foolish advise.

Smh so false marriage is OK
Marriage is truly an achievement to some

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Born2Breed(f): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2018
LexngtonSteele:

Shut your mouth with your tribalistic post.

I don't wanna go tribal, but an Igbo guy would have cut and put her in a bucket.

From the greed and selfishness shown over property, it's obvious they are both Igbos.

See vexing. Lolz

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by DonaTee(f): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2018
sholatech:
Change it to Mr & Mrs ABC. It is allowed. That way, it is now for both of you.

I would change it if another issue brought up the property ownership stuff. But for him to want to throw her out to show his muscles.....hell no.
He wanted to show her pepper baa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

Why This Oyinbo Married A Nigerian Lady / 32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood / OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.