Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,997 members, 7,886,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

Hijab In The United States - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab In The United States (17901 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab In The United States by jamst(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
@frostyzone or dan de numerono,ur level of perplexity is unimaginable.infact,u dont know anything about islam,talkless of the basics of religion & culture and 4 ur info,the holy quran is 4rm ALLAH almighty(not man-made).well! try 2 get 1 and read it and stop all dis conjecturing,okey! and if u av any questions after reading it juxt pm me.
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
maclatunji:

That means you will be in a state of perpetual arousal. Islam's solution is to lower your gaze. By the way, stop exagerrating. It is not every man's nose that will 'turn you on'. The bus conductor or the motor park tout's noses turn you on?

Sister please!

But every woman's hair can turn you on?

Why don't you apply Islam's solution and lower your gaze?

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Please quote the Bible passage and let's discuss
not in this thread tongue cheesy
Re: Hijab In The United States by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
tintingz: not in this thread tongue cheesy

Then don't start quoting. The Quran is big enough to prove your points.

Thanks.
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

That is tintingz's opinion.

By the way, men's nose turns me on too grin so what do you propose? undecided
Lol grin i follow maclatunji
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
bukatyne:

But every woman's hair can turn you on?

Why don't you apply Islam's solution and lower your gaze?

Yes, men are also instructed to lower their gaze but women must still cover up in public. Bukatyne you need to upgrade... the Christianity you profess, you don't really understand. The Islam you detest, you know next to nothing about. Should I provide you with Islamic literature so that you can at least be a better debater?
Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
omorttee4u:
I understand you perfectly,but question goes this way : is it faridu or sunah to wear niqab or burkah. ? Mind you,i'm not ruling out the wear of hijab..if it's sunah bring up the hadis that back it up,if it's faridu bring up the verse in the quran that talk about it.
. To start wt, As salam alaykum. Jumuah sae'ed! I admonish u and myself to show open-mindedness to this discourse. Firstly, I will like to define d arabic terms contained in ur question namely Niqaab,Burqa,Hijab ,Fard and Sunnah. The similitude of ur usage of Niqaab,Burqa and Hijab is like someone interchangeably saying the words Cloth,shirt or apparel. Though they re differnt words,they revolves around d same meaning. Niqaab means face veil. Burqa is a face veil minimally allowing either one/two of d eyes to show. Hijab,contrary to ur understanding, is the all comprehensive,total outer garment a woman wears cladding her with d exception of what may be apparent of her -like a part of her inner clothing,her hand circumstantially,or her voice when needed. Fard is what has been made compulsory by Allah in d Quran;Allah thru d sayings,actions or approval of d Prophet's Sunnah;Ijma(consensus of d sahabahs) or Qiyas(analogical deduction of scholars of knowledge). Sunnah-its meaning has been captured above. Perhaps u mean to say MUSTAHAB,to follow d prophet way (sunnah) is FARD. See d quran for details. According to Quran(see Suratul Ahzab,Nur), Sunnah(see Hijab Imratu-l Muslimah),Ijma and Qiyas,it is overwhemingly proved dt IT IS COMPULSORY FOR A WOMAN TO CLAD HERSELF COMPLETE BY WEARING THE HIJAB EITHER USING A NIQAB OR BURQA). This is d position of Shaykul-islam Ibn Taymiyyah, Sheihk Abdul Azeez bin Baaz, Sheikh Uthaymeen,Sheihk fawzan al fawzan,Sheikh Salih Al-Munajid. Sheihk Nasirudeen Al-albani believed it to be Mustahab. But since Mustahab means someting rewarding his wifes and children used it. Ma sha Allaah, my wife uses a burqa. Allah knows best.
Re: Hijab In The United States by yemivictor: 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
zayhal: May Allah reward these women (and the like of them) abundantly and make this life easy for them, and above all, grant them al-jannah firdaus.

Ma'am, please could u enlighten me on what the reward is for devout female Muslims in al-Jannah? Many thanks.
Re: Hijab In The United States by extraterra: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
and just what is the reward for devout female muslims, when it is the men that get all the credit? it is said that a woman has no soul, so what place is there for a soul-less being? will she also have her own 72 men to pleasure her as is promised the men?
also i read that these so-called 72 virgins are not essentially women... they do not have emotions and are listless. u guys have a lot of farce going for u in the name of religion! think about it.
my two pennies. cool
Re: Hijab In The United States by extraterra: 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
kwajahafiz: islam is good
islam is great
islam is wonderfull
islam is awesome......

dont want to get banned by naira land, so must bite my lips and say
only nice things, about islam.

RIP to freedom of speech.

hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin u will not kill me with laughter brov! phew!!!
Re: Hijab In The United States by seyibrown(f): 12:48am On Mar 09, 2013
Ms. Muhammad and five other American niqabis were interviewed for this article, in addition to the Ahmed sisters. All of them made the decision to wear the niqab when they were single. And, although the Muslim faith does not require women to cover their faces, all believe the niqab gave them a bit of extra credit in the eyes of God. “The more clothes you wear, the closer you are to God,” Ms. Muhammad said.

The bolded is amazing! I never knew getting closer to God was this easy! Whao! cheesy cheesy Jesus went all that way to the cross for our sins when all we needed was plenty of clothes?? How come the nuns never let us into this secret?

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 1:09am On Mar 09, 2013
extraterra: will she also have her own 72 men to pleasure her as is promised the men?
Na die be dat. The second death. undecided

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Opression. Women are to be covered up like malevolent ghosts, pespiring bucketfuls while the men get to feel the fresh air and warm sunshine on their faces. Women are mere sub-human and so should not be seen. Why did God make us beautiful if He had the intention of covering us up like ancestral spirits??

OPPRESSION. angry
Ghost is an understatement. I think wrapped up like BISCUITS would be the right description.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 1:32am On Mar 09, 2013
all4naija: Ghost is an understatement. I think wrapped up like BISCUITS would be the right description.
'BISCUITS' doesn't do it justice. Wrapped up like shawarma is more like it. angry
Re: Hijab In The United States by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 09, 2013
Ishilove:
'BISCUITS' doesn't do it justice. Wrapped up like shawarma is more like it. angry
Yea! Like Shawarma grin grin grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 7:13am On Mar 09, 2013
seyibrown:

The bolded is amazing! I never knew getting closer to God was this easy! Whao! cheesy cheesy Jesus went all that way to the cross for our sins when all we needed was plenty of clothes?? How come the nuns never let us into this secret?

Like really? Your simplistic reasoning is really something.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Opression. Women are to be covered up like malevolent ghosts, pespiring bucketfuls while the men get to feel the fresh air and warm sunshine on their faces. Women are mere sub-human and so should not be seen. Why did God make us beautiful if He had the intention of covering us up like ancestral spirits??

OPPRESSION. angry

Feel free to tag yourself as less of a human being. That won't prevent millions of women from taking up the hijab every year from all over the world. #Pele

2 Likes

Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2013
all4naija: Ghost is an understatement. I think wrapped up like BISCUITS would be the right description.
it is better for the BISCUITS to be wrapped and protected than to get exposed grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
maclatunji:

Feel free to tag yourself as less of a human being. That won't prevent millions of women from taking up the hijab every year from all over the world. #Pele

Nah, you tagged women sub-human the day your people started locking them up inside yards of cloth. Now your women have been made to believe that it is when they wrap themselves like bulbs of onions that they will find favour with God. God is a God of beauty and He made me beautiful, it is not His will for me to have that beauty hidden away like it is some sort of curse.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
maclatunji:

Like really? Your simplistic reasoning is really something.
I disagree. I find the sarcasm inherent in his post very amusing. smiley
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Nah, you tagged women sub-human the day your people started locking them up inside yards of cloth. Now your women have been made to believe that it is when they wrap themselves like bulbs onions that will find favour with God. God is a God of beauty and He made me beautiful, it is not His will for me to have that beauty hidden away like it is some sort of curse.

This is why you will continually be hit-on by men in all the wrong ways and places. Muslim women with hijab have a dignity about them just by itself alone. Non-Muslims who have tried it have attested to it. One of them is even a Nairalander.

By the way, your bold declaration is based on what?

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
tintingz: it is better for the BISCUITS to be wrapped and protected than to get exposed grin
Yet, the BISCUITS will still expire! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 4:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
all4naija: Yet, the BISCUITS will still expire! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
that is when it reach it expiry date grin tongue grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
tintingz: that is when it reach it expiry date grin tongue grin
It is clear there are many holes in the wrappers of many of these BISCUITS, hypocritically. You know what I mean.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
maclatunji:

This is why you will continually be hit-on by men in all the wrong ways and places. Muslim women with hijab have a dignity about them just by itself alone. Non-Muslims who have tried it have attested to it. One of them is even a Nairalander.

Err, right. . . undecided
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ishilove:

Err, right. . . undecided

LOL, you should try out the experiment and submit your findings.
Re: Hijab In The United States by PENMIGHT(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ishilove:

OPPRESSION. angry
. Why do you question your creator for creating beautiful things only to cover them up when u can simply ask your mum why she didn't allow u to unclad away to cold hands of death while a toddler than you growing up blasphemous! If u continue like ur biscuit -and -sharwarma-thinking bares u may not taste decent existence UNTIL GOLD ARE FREE PICKED UP ON THE STREET OF LAGOS!
Re: Hijab In The United States by seyibrown(f): 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji:

..... and there are nil cases of 'hijabbed' children/women who get sekzually abused by muslim men/members of their own family? All those little kids who were sekzually abused by their quranic teacher in the north were protected by the Hijab?

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by vedaxcool(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Beautifully said, men tend to think less of women who dress less and more of women who cover up more, the problem is when u hate Islam u hate things that have benefited women, it is very funny that u never find this people speaking so ill about nuns, what is really happening? I think they are nurturing a culture of hate! But they do not know their opinions are just that, opinions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah / Tallest Man Ever Performed Hajj (pics) / Say No To Boy/girl Friend. Go Marry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.