Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,996 members, 7,886,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

Hijab In The United States - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab In The United States (17900 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
vedaxcool:

Beautifully said, men tend to think less of women who dress less and more of women who cover up more, the problem is when u hate Islam u hate things that have benefited women,
I don't hate Islam. Take note.

And how tha HECK has wrapping women up in yards of cloth like masquerades and putting them at risk of heat stroke and skin infections been of benefit to them. I just don't get the rationale behind this. Why will God give me beauty and ask me to hide it from the world?

How will covering my face with a veil bring about God's favor?
Re: Hijab In The United States by busar(m): 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:

And how tha HECK has wrapping women up in yards of cloth like masquerades and putting them at risk of heat stroke and skin infections been of benefit to them. I just don't get the rationale behind this. Why will God give me beauty and ask me to hide it from the world?

Oga park well.But it aint ur biz ke?
Re: Hijab In The United States by ParisLove1: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
They're trying to sell another lie that hijab stops men from hitting on women.

Yea that's right, go tell that veiled Egyptian women that's been sexuallĂ˝ harassed on the street by muslim men. A pervert is always going to be one and no matter the kind of hijab even the masquerade looking ones is going to deter him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19440656
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 9:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
^Perverts won't always be perverts. The probability of a woman with hijab being molested is much less. You can twist and turn all you want but the fact remains.

Whine all you want, many Muslim women will always adopt hijab like the ones in the article. It is their right and you can do little about it.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Ishilove, mind your language.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji: @Ishilove, mind your language.
What language, Mac? Tell me so what YOU have found so offensive so that I will know what to mind.

And don't you dare ignore my question.
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:

maybe you should start walking around nak;ed grin tongue grin that will please God grin

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 9:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
busar: Oga park well.But it aint ur biz ke?
Start with minding YOUR business, kay?
Re: Hijab In The United States by tintingz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self- control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly
attire 1 Timothy 2:9 grin grin not with braided hair grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:
What language, Mac? Tell me so what YOU have found so offensive so that I will know what to mind.

And don't you dare ignore my question.

I hid one of your posts. The word 'nigga' is offensive and don't make comments like 'crazy bunch of oppressors'. Thank you.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Start with minding YOUR business, kay?

You try out the hijab tomorrow and tell us your experience instead of posting from mere conjecture.
Re: Hijab In The United States by ParisLove1: 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji: ^Perverts won't always be perverts. The probability of a woman with hijab being molested is much less. You can twist and turn all you want but the fact remains.

Whine all you want, many Muslim women will always adopt hijab like the ones in the article. It is their right and you can do little about it.
Cool down dude you might get a heart attack. I dunno know why you felt you had to stick up for pervs. Whether the probability of hijab women being harassed is less or high is not even the issue. My point is any woman can be a victim the crime by deranged men and hijab does little or Nothing to stop that especially those that gets turned on by the strand of woman's hair as some confessed here.

And as your last statement i never argued or whined against muslim women's right to wear hiab, they can also wear a bin bag for all i care.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
^Then you need not get hyperactive when a topic about hijab comes up.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji:

You try out the hijab tomorrow and tell us your experience instead of posting from mere conjecture.
No thanks. The weather is too hot.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
maclatunji:

I hid one of your posts. The word 'nigga' is offensive and don't make comments like 'crazy bunch of oppressors'. Thank you.
Offensive to who? You?
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
Paris_Love:
Cool down dude you might get a heart attack. I dunno know why you felt you had to stick up for pervs. Whether the probability of hijab women being harassed is less or high is not even the issue. My point is any woman can be a victim the crime by deranged men and hijab does little or Nothing to stop that especially those that gets turned on by the strand of woman's hair as some confessed here.

And as your last statement i never argued or whined against muslim women's right to wear hiab, they can also wear a bin bag for all i care.
grin grin grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:
No thanks. The weather is too hot.

Let the hijab cool you down. tongue
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 11:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Offensive to who? You?

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=nigger

You should know better.
Re: Hijab In The United States by vedaxcool(m): 11:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ishilove:

I wonder how did Mary managed wearing wraps of clothings those days, u should also wonder why God created u clothless and yet still expect u to walk around wearing (at least the haters of Islam are not nudist? Or could I be mistaken) you wonder why the same God gave every one private parts and yet demand chastity, u see ur question lacks merit in all ramifications, this is common sense women wearing the hijab are usually accorded respect except from brainless individuals, when u see a nun what does your mind tell you? Give an honest answer the to the question! My own mind tells me, women of honour and respect, and I accord her such, when I see badly dressed women I feel the opposite!

On your last question, wearing the hijab is a matter of obeying God, when one obeys God, God naturally favours the person, or do you think walking naked will earn u God favour? Do u think disobeying God will earn u his favour? Women that obey God earn his pleasure and thus his favour! It is simple common sense or how does ur not working on Sunday earn u God favour? The hijab is places woman on pedestal that demands respect and honour from the society! Remember u are addressed the way u dress!

EOD

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 11:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
^Try and limit your use of the word 'hell' unless when referring to the place.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 3:19am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji: ^Try and limit your use of the word 'hell' unless when referring to the place.
Yes, Grampa.

*rolls eyes*
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 3:31am On Mar 11, 2013
vedaxcool:

I wonder how the hell Mary managed wearing wraps of clothings those days, u should also wonder why God created u clothless and yet still expect u to walk around wearing (at least the haters of Islam are not nudist? Or could I be mistaken) you wonder why the same God gave every one private parts and yet demand chastity, u see ur question lacks merit in all ramifications, this is common sense women wearing the hijab are usually accorded respect except from brainless individuals, when u see a nun what does your mind tell you? Give an honest answer the to the question! My own mind tells me, women of honour and respect, and I accord her such, when I see badly dressed women I feel the opposite!

On your last question, wearing the hijab is a matter of obeying God, when one obeys God, God naturally favours the person, or do you think walking naked will earn u God favour? Do u think disobeying God will earn u his favour? Women that obey God earn his pleasure and thus his favour! It is simple common sense or how does ur not working on Sunday earn u God favour? The hijab is places woman on pedestal that demands respect and honour from the society! Remember u are addressed the way u dress!

EOD
You fail to get my point. I have no issue with the hijab. What makes my hackles rise are those garments that cover the woman's face. When I see a woman in hijab or habit, I automatically think 'religious woman'. I don't automatically give her respect because, for me, respect is earned.

Dude (Mac says I shouldn't use the N word), believe me when I say I am not in disfavour with God when I wear my simple skirt and blouse. I don't believe the more clothes you wear will earn you an elevated stand with God, NO. If it was by clothes alone, we won't have so much wickedness in the world.

Don't forget that some of these injunctions are man-made.

1 Like

Re: Hijab In The United States by deols(f): 8:01am On Mar 11, 2013
Ishilove:
Actually, I have. My roomate in way back 200L. I've ever come across. She thinks all christians deserve to be blown up.

She even told me y'all bath with your clothes on because of 'jinn'. grin

if u are truthful, you would have died...abi she should have done d killing. how proud of u whatever u worship right now is. grin
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 8:52am On Mar 11, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes, Grampa.

*rolls eyes*

Sorry, #naughty child. Always be a proper lady in words and deeds.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 8:55am On Mar 11, 2013
Ishilove:
You fail to get my point. I have no issue with the hijab. What makes my hackles rise are those garments that cover the woman's face. When I see a woman in hijab or habit, I automatically think 'religious woman'. I don't automatically give her respect because, for me, respect is earned.

Dude (Mac says I shouldn't use the N word), believe me when I say I am not in disfavour with God when I wear my simple skirt and blouse. I don't believe the more clothes you wear will earn you an elevated stand with God, NO. If it was by clothes alone, we won't have so much wickedness in the world.

Don't forget that some of these injunctions are man-made.

Why does women's dressing come up when rape is being discussed? Whether, rightly or wrongly it does come up.

You are right, it is not by dressing alone but dressing is a part of it.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 9:32am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji:

Sorry, #naughty child. Always be a proper lady in words and deeds.
Yes Daddy, I pwomise embarassed
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji:

Why does women's dressing come up when rape is being discussed? Whether, rightly or wrongly it does come up.

You are right, it is not by dressing alone but dressing is a part of it.
Just give it a rest. Deols has sent me a message strongly expressing her displeasure at my bluntness and has given me a stern exhortation to cease and desist from making 'offensive' comments. Thus, since I am a very nice, gentle and peace loving person, I shall cease arguing.

Hurray for the hijab!!! Whoo hoooooo!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 9:52am On Mar 11, 2013
^LOL, I can hardly blame her. Describing someone as "Nastiest B..." is quite offensive. I ignored it because I missed it when you originally posted and having to sanction you would mean undermining her judgement. If she has warned you, adhere and you can continue debating without being vulgar. I expect better from you.
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji: ^LOL, I can hardly blame her. Describing someone as "Nastiest B..." is quite offensive. I ignored it because I missed it when you originally posted and having to sanction you would mean undermining her judgement. If she has warned you, adhere and you can continue debating without being vulgar. I expect better from you.
Stop being sanctimonious. I don't regret calling the lady by that name. Call it what you want, but you didn't have to live with her for seven months. I who wore the shoes knew where it pinched.

Sanction me? Mac puhleeze!! Quit acting power drunk, it is very unbecoming. You can gag me online because that power has been given to you, but you know you CAN NEVER do that offline. NEVER.

My opinions remain unchanged but for the sake of the rules, and dear Deols, I will cease arguing.
Re: Hijab In The United States by maclatunji: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2013
Ishilove:
I don't regret calling the lady by that name. Call it what you want, you didn't have to live with her for seven months.

Sanction me? Mac puhleeze!! You can gag me online because that power has been given to you, but you know you CAN NEVER do that offline. NEVER.

My opinions remain unchanged but for the sake of the rules, and dear Deols, I will cease arguing.

What makes you feel I would want to do that offline?
Re: Hijab In The United States by Ishilove: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2013
maclatunji:

What makes you feel I would want to do that offline?
Cos you are waving the baton and cracking it over our heads online. Its very obvious, you are regulating my speech, and if you had your way you'll do same offline.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah / Tallest Man Ever Performed Hajj (pics) / Say No To Boy/girl Friend. Go Marry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.