Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation (34688 Views)

Osinbajo Got Buhari's Approval To Sack Lawal Daura For 'Working For Saraki' - SR / Yekini Nabena Calls For Saraki’s Expulsion From APC / AUDIO: Offa Bank Robbery Suspect Confesses To Be Working For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Saintist: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:

You are the one missing the point. If indeed APC has the highest members, the party should produce the senate president.

Said by which constitution!!! Go and review the constitution of the Senate and Federal Republic of Nigeria pls. Equip your self before writing for the public.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by potoX: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
seunmsg:

Well, we are no longer in normal times. Let the APC lawmakers reconvene the house, get him impeached by simple majority and pass the INEC budget. The house can go back on recess and Saraki can also go to court if he's not satisfied.
That will be illegal and Buhari won't stand b for that
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Borderless: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ndonu101:
How many months to the general elections? less than 7 months

APC set the precedent when Tambuwal defected to APC and remained Speaker. APC must learn to live with it.

Saraki will finish his term as Senate President

Gbam! The gods have spoken.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by tundemoen: 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
chomchom1:
Osho baba!!! Keep on scattering tongue... Good job cheesy

Oshio baba acting Bamanga Tukur of PDP . let the scattering assignment continue.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin grin
Kewtt:

grin yeye post...go and get the 2/3 majority to impeach him. Resign ko ..assign ni....na you appoint am?
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by emmie14: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Drnice2:
Vanguard, a Yoruba Newspaper.
Meanwhile the APC wants Saraki to resign for decamping, it's ok. But, Buhari(your saint) is travelling out for health issue in 2 weeks. Comparing the two, please who should resign?
Health challenged
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by tundemoen: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:
If Saraki indeed believes in democracy, then the honourable thing to do is to resign as Senate President and allow the party with the majority members to have its way.
please which section is that written in the constitution? yeye.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by feeloscar(m): 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:
I like the logic of those who argued that Tambuwa set the precedence some years back, and no one forced him to resign.
If the then ruling party felt there was no need that he should resign, good.
Now, I believe if the present ruling party feels there should be a change of baton, then I honestly believe it is right.
They can only hope, but it will be an exercise in futility.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by olajizz01(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
chomchom1:
Osho baba!!! Keep on scattering tongue... Good job cheesy
lies,u see,all these people were over ambitious,no matter who is the APC party chairman,they will still move to pdp because they felt they can not secure presidential ticket in APC. But pdp should not go asleep because there is danger ahead during the primary of these over ambitious and selfish fools.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
olajizz01:
lies,u see,all these people were over ambitious,no matter who is the APC party chairman,they will still move to pdp because they felt they can not secure presidential ticket in APC. But pdp should not go asleep because there is danger ahead during the primary of these over ambitious and selfish fools.

The best way to manage their ambition is to put them through a very rigorous presidential primary

Debate and process should be tough

That way some will capitulate and the best man will win but most importantly the best man will then be battle ready for Buhari
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by olajizz01(m): 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
krendo:

The best way to manage their ambition is to put them through a very rigorous presidential primary

Debate and process should be tough

That way some will capitulate and the best man will win but most importantly the best man will then be battle ready for Buhari
OK,we are observing.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by biggy26: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:

You are the one missing the point. If indeed APC has the highest members, the party should produce the senate president.
It's moles APC has in both houses. The leaders can never be removed, watch.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Xperience12: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
ajl:

Olodo! My 12 year old nephew just told me to inform you that the party with the majority get the Senate President position.

Wow your 12 year old nephew is so stupid

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by VERDA: 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
ajl:

Olodo! My 12 year old nephew just told me to inform you that the party with the majority get the Senate President position.

It is you that is the Olodo...where is that written in the constitution?,that only happens because the party with the majority have the voting power to elect their fellow party man,if they want to remove him they can go ahead and mobilize 2/3....it is not written in Hausa but English in the constitution.OLODO.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by VERDA: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
beey2:

You are missing it my brother, it will be hypocritical if you like and do what you disliked and complained others of doing. Saraki would be wrong to wear APC Crown on PDP Apparel.

NB: I'm not for either of APC or PDP, kindly be so guided.

You seem to have forgotten the APC did not want him as the senate president and in fact his travails started after he went against the wishes of his party...PDP put him there,which is why the deputy senate president is PDP,una can forget easily.If they want him out its simple,2/3 majority.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by VERDA: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
beey2:

You are missing it my brother, it will be hypocritical if you like and do what you disliked and complained others of doing. Saraki would be wrong to wear APC Crown on PDP Apparel.

You seem to have forgotten the APC did not want him as the senate president and in fact his travails started after he went against the wishes of his party...PDP put him there,which is why the deputy senate president is PDP,una can forget easily.If they want him out its simple,2/3 majority.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Solorrman(m): 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
divinelove:
Mumu sin nators

Buhari must retire to Daura

D idiot shld better resign as ECOWAS chairman early next year
u can only sent buhari home by vote not propaganda and hatred campaign,we will see who can send him home
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Mydazz(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:

You made this sound like there is a standing order on that,..... it's not a must sir
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by positivethought: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:
If Saraki indeed believes in democracy, then the honourable thing to do is to resign as Senate President and allow the party with the majority members to have its way.
when tambuwal decamped in 2015,did you People ask him to honourably resigned?,the law did not say the majority party must produce the senate president rather that the senate shall elect amongst themselves a senate president who shall be the head of the senate,the law is also clear about the procedures of removing the senate president from office,so don't waste time going on a wild goose chase,except if you are thinking in terms of the use of brute force which is the trademark of your party the Apc.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ebullience:
—–Want Senators to call short the vacation to pass 2019 INEC budget
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA – THE All Progressives Congress (APC) and some senators elected on the platform of the party, Wednesday, urged the Senate President, Bukola Saraki to resign as Senate President.
The Senate Leader, Ahmad Lawan has also appealed to the senators to cut short their annual vacation to consider the supplementary budget forward by the President for the 2019 elections.

APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole and APC senators, led by Senate Leader, Lawan, who met with President Muhammadu Buhari behind closed-doors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, told Saraki to vacate the office because the APC has the majority number of Senators.

According to them, Saraki cannot run to another party with the crown of APC.

Oshiomhole said, “Nobody in the APC will be surprised about the development, in fact they have stayed little bit longer than we thought. Last week the Kwara State Governor was alluded to have said he was leaving but he didn’t say when. So, we are not surprised at all.

“But these are what I might call temping moments because I had faced similar situations in my state, when people were leaving. But the beauty of democracy is that whether big or small, it is one man one vote, on election day, no difference between a senator, a president, a journalist and any other person.

“In a sense we have to accept that once a couple for any reason or the other find that they are not compatible, the only honourable thing is to go.

“I was happy for one thing that the senate president as a mark of honour accepted that he is leaving not because the new leadership did not make effort, he admitted that not only did I do everything possible along with the Vice President, along with some governors and we had meeting with the President, but he argued that those efforts came too late. But I couldn’t have started acting before I was born.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/breaking-apc-senators-call-for-sarakis-resignation/

minority senators calling for sarakis resignation...Mtcheeew.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by JY22: 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
Story 4 the gods.
ToyinOlorunsola:
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by NoBetterNigeria: 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
See your life... all because of Lucifer and devil fighting over who to take over.

seunmsg:
Saraki either resigns or [b]get removed by any possible means. [/b]He cannot eat his cake and still have it. All APC senators must take a stand now. They either stick with the party or move to join mesujamba in PDP. No more sitting on the bench.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by ofwest47(m): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Omo Ilorin Mesu Jamba you stole in to that position of Senate presidency since you have regretted your action you have to leave your stolen items and go away.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by TiptopD(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:
If Saraki indeed believes in democracy, then the honourable thing to do is to resign as Senate President and allow the party with the majority members to h
ave its way.

Like Tambuwal did when he decamped from the majority party to the minority (APC) before the last elections, right?
And APC hailed him then...
What goes around...
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by fabianjay101(m): 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:

thats not how things work and I'm sure you know that... haba
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Dollabiz: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hmm
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Limitednow: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
beey2:

Was Saraki voted for based on his party or his personality?

Some of you needs your brain rechecked
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Limitednow: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
ajl:

Ape which constitution says that?

Cite the section too, I don't know how stupid you guys could be.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by Limitednow: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:
I like the logic of those who argued that Tambuwa set the precedence some years back, and no one forced him to resign.
If the then ruling party felt there was no need that he should resign, good.
Now, I believe if the present ruling party feels there should be a change of baton, then I honestly believe it is right.

Oga we operate based on the constitution and not what you think or believe.
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by bluecircle470: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2018
I have always said this: Saraki won't last Christmas as SP
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by gwmlogistic: 12:45am On Aug 02, 2018
Kewtt:

grin yeye post...go and get the 2/3 majority to impeach him. Resign ko ..assign ni....na you appoint am?
If you will have an adult conversation void of insults then I want you to know that you don't need 2/3 to impeach the Senate president. He wasn't elected by 2/3. If you remember vividly the drama that played out when he was elected. All you need is the numbers required to form a quorum. At the moment Apc in connivance with adc can form a quorum but let's keep our fingers crossed and watch how it plays out
Re: Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation by nelcliff(m): 2:17am On Aug 02, 2018
ToyinOlorunsola:

May you never receive or experience the kind hatred @Saraki has gone through in the hand of this govt..

So if they had succeeded in imprisoned him because of mere hatred, that's when you will know he believes in democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Supreme Court Faults Self In Amaechi Vs Omehia Case 12 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.