Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,850 members, 7,902,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

Yorubas Are Moors - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are Moors (21321 Views)

Long Lost History Of The Moors [africans] / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:
Yes he was killed for that ..despite he himself being mixed but tied more to his black ancestry and give privilege to black Libyan but there are full blooded Turks and Syrian Arabs from Benghazi that opposed his rule ...Gadaffi over threw their Arab Turkish king Muhammad Idris bin Muhammad al-Mahdi as-Senussiin 1969
Gadaffi lost it because of fear.He simply was not given the O'oyè to rule because, when the ovation was loudest, he refused to exit. I guess, it was a purported action by Eledumare to allow such to happen.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
Moorish:

Ogbomoso (papa) and mum (ibadan)

You most be moor for real, because Ogbomoso were known trader and traveler in the medieval time travelling as far as Sudan , mali North Africa to trade they embraced islam centuries before the Fulani jihad captured ilorin from afonja. Ogbomoso are yoruba with ancestry of bariba nupe.. maybe fula i can't say for sure
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

There were Egyptian with broad nose the first pharaoh of Egypt Mena had a very broad nose with wide and flat nose bridge thick lips Egyptian was a black civilization Greeks gave account of this Kemet they were blacks , blacks come in different shades and phenotype thin noses to broad nose .. Coming of the Macedonian King Alexandra the Great that conquered Egypt white wash upper Egypt
I emphasis that clearly.The ancient Egyptians in their glory were dark skin,with broad nose as the ancient Hebrew,who ruled by the former before they migrated Eastward . Funny enough, the Hebrew history is more related to darker skin than the Assyrians because the colour of their skin was amo of Yoruba word for redsoil (clay)which is the same as amah(red earth)/in ancient Hebrew.

Ancient Hebrew: adamah mean : created from red soil, earth ,
Etymologically : ada+amah = created from redsoil or clay
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
Olu317:
I emphasis that clearly.The ancient Egyptians in their glory were dark skin,with broad nose as the ancient Hebrew,who ruled by the former before they migrated Eastward . Funny enough, the Hebrew history is more related to darker skin than the Assyrians because the colour of their skin was amo of Yoruba word for redsoil (clay)which is the same as amah(red earth)/in ancient Hebrew.

Olu who are the Yorubas? and who are the IFE's What was the language spoken by the IFE aborigines before yoruba come into existence I know IFE predate Yoruba
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Olu317:

The first biological weapon used by the white pale skinned people is their devil penis to spread their demonic seeds..They would kill the males or castrate them to be used as slaves or soldiers in battle and copulate with their females to have a new breed of demons that would later see their dark skinned brothers as inferior to them ..

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Moorish:

If you continue following everything your oppressor the white man tells u about yourself and your ancestors, you will be in perpetual darkness and servitude

Blackamoor (BLA-kah-muhr), meaning a dark-skinned person of African descent, is thought to come from the Middle English "blacke Moor" 

Source: https://www.oedilf.com/db/Lim.php?Word=blackamoor
You believe in Black Moors claim. The Wikipedia source might be right or wrong.

White men wasn’t/isn’t oppressor of me/my ancestors. And I don’t follow everything they say.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

Olu who are the Yorubas? and who are the IFE's What was the language spoken by the IFE aborigines before yoruba come into existence I know IFE predate Yoruba
Hmmmm,what a big question! Well,Yoruba was a coined word by a group of IFE migrants that established OYO Kingdom. Àwòn to Yó bì ójó ,tì wòn rù bì ìnà , tì wòn báà bì àdìé to sà'bà. The history of the word, ‘Yoruba,' is lost but the etymology of it, simplify it,because the name itself is of Yoruba origin. Yoruba names or words is/are descriptive in nature.This is the reason, I contest with anyone, who claimed non Yoruba gave the Yorubas the name. My reason isnt farfetched because ,it will be impossible to give a name to another person or group, if such name can be found in such person's or group's lexicon in an innumerable ways. Unlike others,who can't etymologise their own name(s). What it means, is that; Ìyì or ubà,'/Èyì ór u bà/Yì ,ór u bà / Yoruba(this one is a King). Although, some people claim, it was an arabic origin from a chased away group from Middle East, which I don't agree with because, a chased away group can not accept a slavish name as their name.So,I stuck with the former meaning because, I have asked people and their answers tilt toward this direction.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

What is your problem with subsaharan..? i know you are ethiopian
I’ve no problem with sub-Saharan. My country is also located in sub-Saharan. I want the best for us.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
Olu317:
They were a different kind of black. The type without broad nose as found in Egyptians pyramid. And Islam came into to North Africa's Morocco later,when the conquered Egypt.This was how their history was erased because the Jihadists propagating Islam erase people's history with ‘holy war'.
Yes I know there are different types of Black. When I said Black, I’m only referring skin color (not the race black which doesn’t truly exist).

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

The first biological weapon used by the white pale skinned people is their devil penis to spread their demonic seeds..They would kill the males or castrate them to be used as slaves or soldiers in battle and copulate with their females to have a new breed of demons that would later see their dark skinned brothers as inferior to them ..
Not true about all Caucasians.The clay skin man Abiram/Abram whose ancestors stayed in Oru-Or were the beginning of it all about crossbreeding. And the evils perpetuated by Roman were after the moor lost the battle in the Peninsula of Spain. If the Brits acknowledged their ancestors are dark skin, then ,there is no reason to abhor hatred. Even among the lieutenants of Alexander the great, was a dark skin man that served his father and Alexander, before the man was killed. His name was Cleitus (Clitus) the Black (Greek: Κλεῖτος ὁ μέλας; c. 375 BC – 328 BC) who was an officer of the Macedonian army, which was led by Alexander the Great. The point here is that, àwô(r) foreskin type wasn't the basis for ancient powers but class and conquest.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
Olu317:
Not true about all Caucasians.The clay skin man Abiram/Abram whose ancestors stayed in Oru-Or were the beginning of it all about crossbreeding. And the evils perpetuated by Roman were after the moor lost the battle in the Peninsula of Spain. If the Brits acknowledged their ancestors are dark skin, then ,there is no reason to abhor hatred. Even among the lieutenants of Alexander the great, was a dark skin man that served his father and Alexander, before the man was killed. His name was Cleitus (Clitus) the Black (Greek: Κλεῖτος ὁ μέλας; c. 375 BC – 328 BC) who was an officer of the Macedonian army, which was led by Alexander the Great. The point here is that, àwô(r) foreskin type wasn't the basis for ancient powers but class and conquest.

What is anthropology ? Anthropology started with racism. Do know how many research done on black man's brain and cranial structure just to dehumanize us and tagged us Monkey They are trying to somuch to disprove out of Africa theory or hypothesis they came up with Neanderthal claiming that is contributing factor for their higher IQ but were cut short when San bushmen and yoruba have trait of Neanderthal DNA. i don't want to argue what i know so well. black Americans will never forgive the whites likewise the native american Indian. blacks were used for syphilis experiments .during the race for vaccine for polio blacks were used for clinic trial of polio vaccine emergence of Aids could be traced to it because the serum used to synthesize or produce the vaccine were gotten from chimps that carry related virus as HIV ..white are devilish minded people ,they don't love you Olu. The earlier we know we are in race war the better for us blacks to wake up
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
Olu317:
Hmmmm,what a big question! Well,Yoruba was a coined word by a group of IFE migrants that established OYO Kingdom. Àwòn to Yó bì ójó ,tì wòn rù bì ìnà , tì wòn báà bì àdìé to sà'bà. The history of the word, ‘Yoruba,' is lost but the etymology of it, simplify it,because the name itself is of Yoruba origin. Yoruba names or words is/are descriptive in nature.This is the reason, I contest with anyone, who claimed non Yoruba gave the Yorubas the name. My reason isnt farfetched because ,it will be impossible to give a name to another person or group, if such name can be found in such person's or group's lexicon in an innumerable ways. Unlike others,who can't etymologise their own name(s). What it means, is that; Ìyì or ubà,'/Èyì ór u bà/Yì ,ór u bà / Yoruba(this one is a King). Although, some people claim, it was an arabic origin from a chased away group from Middle East, which I don't agree with because, a chased away group can not accept a slavish name as their name.So,I stuck with the former meaning because, I have asked people and their answers tilt toward this direction.
Have you heard about sheik Adam ilory on history of the Yorubas
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2018
Obalufon email me when we can meet in lagos
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2018
Obalufon:
Have you heard about sheik Adam ilory on history of the Yorubas
Yes Sir,I have. In fact ,he was one of those that claim and support Arab's origin of Yorubas .
You see,I have read his account on Yoruba's history. Quite interesting as it is but, he pegged yoruba only to be associated to Noble class of the Arabs .

He also mentioned, Moors,Nubians and Black(whom I feel,he meant Bantoid groups) as the other group that formed the Yoruba ethnicity. He didnt mention Ancient Hebrew in his account but some of the words he listed are shared among the Ancient Arabs, the Hebrews and the Yorubas. Unfortunately, he didn't provide shared words with other groups he mentioned. For example, he did only comparison between Yoruba and Ancient Arab,while I did the the analysis of the Ancient Arabs,Ancient Hebrews and the Yoruba's. The Ancient Arab's– (Fatilah), Ancient Hebrew –(Phateelah) and Ancient Yoruba (Fitila),which mean ‘ancient lamp with ‘wick'. So also, Ancient Arab(Āsal), Ancient Hebrew(Haylil or lel) and the Ancient Yoruba ( Àlé,Àsàlé,Iró'lé),which mean ‘Evening/Night'.

The point is that the close similarity between the Ancient Hebrew's langauge ,is too strong ,to be ignored. I do acknowledge the cleric's knowledge because, he showed and proved with some of the shared words of semitic origin that there is a possible of Middle Eastern people were among the settlers in present day Yoruba land. Certain words are present in Yoruba lexicon that are in ancient Middle East, especially western part of Middle East. and these word list are alien or not found in Hausa and Fulfude languages,which are classified as Afroasia. Take for instance, Yoruba' ‘Eshù', , which has same meaning with Akkadian's Eksu—Aksum,(waksum ) which mean; sassy,perilious, racy, tricky,dangerous.

Again, I find something incoherent between the Muslim Yorubas and Christian counterparts, because I have observed there is slight arguement between the two groups on the meaning of ‘Lord of Heaven',
And in this arguement the Christians scholars and the Muslim counterparts agree on Óló/Ólú but disagreed on the claims of Chirstian's ‘Órún' and vice versa by the Christian scholars on Muslim's ‘Óhún'.

From your understanding, which word was original used to reference heaven?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2018
Olu317:
Olu seems you are a pacifist and you want peaceful co-existence of all making.. I want that too

However, there are injustices which must be addressed first

And by force!
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2018
Obalufon, check your email
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
Moorish:

Olu seems you are a pacifist and you want peaceful co-existence of all making.. I want that too

However, there are injustices which must be addressed first

And by force!
Yes I am bro.And being pacist, is worth. Even if one is angered by people' attitude, irrespective of colour . We are compelled to be slow to anger but tactically prepared. This is the reaso we are called ‘Òmò tî Olù ìwà bì'. Ìwà l' Òbà àwùrè.

Force don't bring victory in battle but tactics. And in this modern time, the tactics that is needed technological know how breakthrough ,so that we will be given the needed respect from the Europeans.

Cheers
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
Olu317:
Yes I am bro.And being pacist, is worth. Even if one is angered by people' attitude, irrespective of colour . We are compelled to be slow to anger but tactically prepared. This is the reaso we are called ‘Òmò tî Olù ìwà bì'. Ìwà l' Òbà àwùrè.

Force don't bring victory in battle but tactics. And in this modern time, the tactics that is needed technological know how breakthrough ,so that we will be given the needed respect from the Europeans.

Cheers
That is not acceptable sir

You want his respect but I do not have a need for it

I want retribution and justice
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2018
Greeks aren't even white. They are Mediterranean with olive skin they Co exist with Nubian's and Ethiopian Egyptian Assyrian / Persian blacks Arab , Nothing like Brit's or French Germany they had no history they were considered as animals their history and technology is not up to 600yrs it starts from the collapse of moorish dynasty in Europe and slave trade The Greeks considered black to be so beautiful black were seen as god's way back then..Europe were disgusted by the moorish rule over Europe for more than 800yrs most royals in Europe has black moor ancestry ,hatred and racism was propagated by the Brit's .. Whites will never allow blacks to grow they are scared of us they are aware of our potentials . Black problem is self hatred nothing more once we uplift our self awareness we will move forward ,we are blessed we have everything yet we see ourselves as demon.. I go to church seeing black man as devil Angel as White man and my ancestors are considered demons... we are filled with hatred ..we hate ourselves but like our blue eyed masters we have been programmed to do so...

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
Obalufon:
Greeks aren't even white. They are Mediterranean with olive skin they Co exist with Nubian's and Ethiopian Egyptian Assyrian / Persian blacks Arab , Nothing like Brit's or French Germany they had no history they were considered as animals their history and technology is not up to 600yrs it starts from the collapse of moorish dynasty in Europe and slave trade The Greeks considered black to be so beautiful black were seen as god's way back then..Europe were disgusted by the moorish rule over Europe for more than 800yrs most royals in Europe has black moor ancestry ,hatred and racism was propagated by the Brit's .. Whites will never allow blacks to grow they are scared of us they are aware of our potentials . Black problem is self hatred nothing more once we uplift our self awareness we will move forward ,we are blessed we have everything yet we see ourselves as demon.. I go to church seeing black man as devil Angel as White man and my ancestors are considered demons... we are filled with hatred ..we hate ourselves but like our blood eyed masters we have been programmed to do so...

Facts
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by kayfra: 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
Moors ko Maltina ni. Yorubas have been indigenes of west africa with some mixture with migrants from north of the sahara. Don't let a tiny admixture redefine who we really her
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
kayfra:
Moors ko Maltina ni. Yorubas have been indigenes of west africa with some mixture with migrants from north of the sahara. Don't let a tiny admixture redefine who we really her

Admixture from where ?..Where in north of Sahara?. Nupe people claim Egyptian Origin likewise Igala Bariba claim Middle east Oyo claim Mecca.origin .Ijebu monarch claim Sudan Origin...

I'm proud yoruba.. and also Ife aborigine . ....people don't just spring from a spot ..
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2018
No one is claiming moor here ....Moors are not a distinct or self-defined people..Moors is a believe system is not ethnicity or race of people moors were difference blacks people from difference part of Africa fula ,Senegalese North African Berbers real black Berbers not the Turk admixture , Sudan ,and middle east united under one believe system Islam with infusion kemetic science
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
Quite funny when I read posts as being opined on human history by learned personalities but result to dirty language being used. Human history is connected worldwide,so it is ignorance,when people skipped research to favour opinion bssed on sentiments. Irrespective of different locations,that have been postulated, there is tendency of migrants rather than aborigine in west Africa. The bitter truth is that west Africa is seen as lagging behind interm of human historical account. As far as the human history is concern, no human fossil found in West Africa as at today to be among four oldest bone,if I desire to lenient or economical with the truth.It has been Proven through fossil descoveries that,West Africa was inhabited after people left places like Morroco, Ethiopia and Egyt axis.

Infact,people at one time or the other travel to different places for one reason or the other. So I do not dispute people's claim of being migrants if the evidence is provable.

What a case!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
Obalufon:
No one is claiming moor here ....Moors are not a distinct or self-defined people..Moors is a believe system is not ethnicity or race of people moors were difference blacks people from difference part of Africa fula ,Senegalese North African Berbers real black Berbers not the Turk admixture , Sudan ,and middle east united under one believe system Islam with infusion kemetic science

There are people who you don't need to quote because, they simply lack etiquette. My reason is that you don't take cognisance of the manner in which people send information on threads,which justified the way they were brought up. Some people just lacked being addressed as Omoluabi.
If I had my way,there are some monickers,I would have not allow to be on some sections that are educative, especially with dirty words being displayed but allowed them read only

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by kayfra: 3:49am On Aug 14, 2018
Obalufon:

Admixture from where ?..Where in north of Sahara?. Nupe people claim Egyptian Origin likewise Igala Bariba claim Middle east Oyo claim Mecca.origin .Ijebu monarch claim Sudan Origin...

I'm proud yoruba.. and also Ife aborigine . ....people don't just spring from a spot ..

The Yorubas have Eurasia gene admixture that dates thousands of years ago. The quote is below:

HG = Hunter Gatherer
Eurasia = Europe/Asia
SSA = Sub Sahara Africa

"We found evidence for historically complex and regionally distinct admixture with multiple HG and Eurasian populations across SSA (Fig. 2 and Supplementary Note 5). Specifically, ancient Eurasian admixture was observed in central West African populations (Yoruba; ~7,500–10,500 years ago), old admixture among Ethiopian populations (~2,400–3,200 years ago) consistent with previous reports10, 12, and more recent complex admixture in some East African populations (~150–1,500 years ago) (Fig. 2, Extended Data Fig. 7 and Supplementary Note 5). Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Not only the Eurasia admixture they also have Neanderthal genes just like they have in native Eurasian population. SO it seems we went out of Africa, mixed and came back to Africa which is similar to the whole Oduduwa-Lamurudu claims. It's really an intriguing find and just corroborates whats griots have been saying.

Here is the official study sponsored by NIH (You need PubMed access to read it)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25470054

Here is a free version
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by MetaPhysical: 3:54am On Aug 14, 2018
Obalufon:

Not all yoruba came from Mecca or east ,we have the aborigines too the IFE people.Yoruba is marriage of two culture that is what makes us different from other part of coastal forest Africans most of whom were barely clothe before our contact with them ..our culture civilization mode of dressing is different ... i believe ife is the cradle of mankind the returnee from the east too are were once off shoot of ile-ife but found their way back to the source ..

Obalufon, you and i need to talk, away from this thread.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Favor99(m): 6:47am On Aug 14, 2018
Obalufon:
Greeks aren't even white. They are Mediterranean with olive skin they Co exist with Nubian's and Ethiopian Egyptian Assyrian / Persian blacks Arab , Nothing like Brit's or French Germany they had no history they were considered as animals their history and technology is not up to 600yrs it starts from the collapse of moorish dynasty in Europe and slave trade The Greeks considered black to be so beautiful black were seen as god's way back then..Europe were disgusted by the moorish rule over Europe for more than 800yrs most royals in Europe has black moor ancestry ,hatred and racism was propagated by the Brit's .. Whites will never allow blacks to grow they are scared of us they are aware of our potentials . Black problem is self hatred nothing more once we uplift our self awareness we will move forward ,we are blessed we have everything yet we see ourselves as demon.. I go to church seeing black man as devil Angel as White man and my ancestors are considered demons... we are filled with hatred ..we hate ourselves but like our blue eyed masters we have been programmed to do so...
I know the whites have done a lot of evil to our people. But as children of Jesus Christ we should still love them as well. Unconditional love is for everyone of all skin colors, nations and ethnicities and both genders.
Hatred does no good. We should still be careful when dealing with them. But we shouldnt hate them. Let’s follow Jesus’ teaching and be good to everyone.
God bless you brother
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by OMANBALA1: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2018
This thread is very embarrassing. It makes you guys look like inferiors.
This reminds me of an incident with a Hispanic guy who want to be white so much. He looked at me and asked what race do I think he is and I mischievously said white ,of course.... grin grin grin. But, whenever he runs into trouble with white people and they treat him like dirt he screams white people are devils. This is a characteristic of a weak man, he is not content with what God made him. And to be really honest very few human are satisfied in what God made them....RIP Malcolm X.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by OMANBALA1: 7:38am On Aug 14, 2018
Favor99:

I know the whites have done a lot of evil to our people. But as children of Jesus Christ we should still love them as well. Unconditional love is for everyone of all skin colors, nations and ethnicities and both genders.
Hatred does no good. We should still be careful when dealing with them. But we shouldnt hate them. Let’s follow Jesus’ teaching and be good to everyone.
God bless you brother

Just look at this ffooll... grin
Blacks are so mentally weak!!! You should be castrated!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Favor99(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Just look at this ffooll... grin
Blacks are so mentally weak!!! You should be castrated!
If I’m not mistaken Your not doing much to help our people. I’ve seen you engage in tribalism and heap insults and derogatory comments on other ethnic groups.
That’s a poisonous thing to do.
Your a part of the problem
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2018
kayfra:

The Yorubas have Eurasia gene admixture that dates thousands of years ago. The quote is below:

HG = Hunter Gatherer
Eurasia = Europe/Asia
SSA = Sub Sahara Africa

"We found evidence for historically complex and regionally distinct admixture with multiple HG and Eurasian populations across SSA (Fig. 2 and Supplementary Note 5). Specifically, ancient Eurasian admixture was observed in central West African populations (Yoruba; ~7,500–10,500 years ago), old admixture among Ethiopian populations (~2,400–3,200 years ago) consistent with previous reports10, 12, and more recent complex admixture in some East African populations (~150–1,500 years ago) (Fig. 2, Extended Data Fig. 7 and Supplementary Note 5). Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Not only the Eurasia admixture they also have Neanderthal genes just like they have in native Eurasian population. SO it seems we went out of Africa, mixed and came back to Africa which is similar to the whole Oduduwa-Lamurudu claims. It's really an intriguing find and just corroborates whats griots have been saying.

Here is the official study sponsored by NIH (You need PubMed access to read it)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25470054

Here is a free version
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

Thanks for the enlightenment

I been known that yorubas, and San khoisan and massai are the only blacks with the Neanderthal DNA

I read about this before

Maybe that's why I have a huge Jewish looking hooked nose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? / Oro Day: Movement Of Women Restricted In Ikorodu On May 8th 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.