Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,390 members, 7,888,260 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:22 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (208611 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by lawyerchap(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2010
kaydee:

@ LC

What if Lerato slapped him before bloodying her mouth?

@Kaydee
No matter the aggravation, you never, ever hit a woman.

To be sure, there are millions of reasons to hit a woman, but none of them is good enough for a real man.

If a man bloodied your mouth and came back crying, i wonder how forgiving you'd be? Leniency for women bashers often leads to grievous bodily harm and sometimes death. Make no mistake about it, if a guy hits you once, he'll hit you again and again. Best to sharply nip it in the bud with a clear unequivocal lesson.

I say again, good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
@ Montelik

Hanny's past behaviour has been brought in too a number of times, my point is that while Hanny is handling his anger with an anger management expert, Lerato too needs to see somebody that will help wash that her mouth for her because like ''LINDABON'' said in one of her post ''She may not be alive the next time to even press charges'' sad sad sad sad

There are a lot of lessons to be learnt about what happened on Tuesday night at the barn, i do not condone violence in any way whatsoever!!!! The same way i will not say ''Good riddance to bad rubbish'' because those people pointing fingers and becoming BB unofficial Judge and Jury may be worse than Hanny in their own capacity.

How does Hanny's expulsion from the show make Lerato a winner?? ''Good riddance to bad rubbish indeed'' hisssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by 14(m): 12:02am On Sep 18, 2010
lawyerchap:

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I will not for the sake of entertainment or because of a strategic advantage condone what is wrong. Hannington's crassness deserved the full weight of the law. It would have set a terrible precedent if he had not been expelled. I know it spells trouble for the MNC but what is wrong is wrong.

Those saying this decision is f.cked up, the actual f.ck up was in allowing Hannington back into the barn after he was called into the Diary Room immediately after the fight. This decision should have been made swiftly and firmly as an example that Biggie takes its rules seriously and to preserve the 'safe' environment that the housemates were guaranteed upon entering the house.

Crying crocodile tears and saying 'it takes a bigger man to apologise, '

No Hannington, it takes a bigger man to never hit a woman no matter the aggravation she gives you.

Now i wonder why there is no emoticon for 'dancing on the rooftops wild with joy.'

Good decision by Mnet, they had to set a good precedent. Had they left hanny inside the barn, it was not gonna be easy for the next BBA, to convince the parents that their kids would be save in the house. The aggression that Hanny showed, if it was not for Shiela, i dont know what would have happened, he was really going for her. If it was not for Shiela, he could have beaten her to death. Then do you wait for some one to die to act. If they did not do any thing about it, Being in BBA, your safety would not be gurranteed.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by twinstaiye(m): 1:06am On Sep 18, 2010
The next Naija representative to Big Brother house should be Lawyerchap, his rigidity to rule of law, seems legendary especially as regards this BBA issue. it will be greatly be in handy in dealing with the likes of Leratos and co, and he should visit Kenya or Ethiopia on his way to BB house so that he can learn how to survive in a long distance race, as it will be in handy with the rate at which he will be running to Diary room to report every cases of verbal violence and physical violence. He will also be a good eye witness in analysing heated debate and arguments in the house with his endowed power of intellect and will of determining when shove is hit and when pushing is punching.
I am with screen diva on this, nobody is saying hanny was right, but the decision to expel him and leave lerato behind is one traffic judgment. If hanny deserves to be evicted, lerato deserved to leave too. If hanny is punished for misapplication of his anger, lerato deserved equal punishment for misapplication of her mouth. I said hanny eviction was unfair because, while some sections of Africans are taking the matter seriously, Lerato and the other girls are using the matter to play the game, no wonder they were routing for hanny eviction in the diary room, while lerato continue to behave as if someone died.
I kept wondering what Lerato wrote in the letter to hanny mum, after you had labeled her son with an appellation of here is your son, a woman beater, to the whole Africa.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by akinsadeez(m): 1:54am On Sep 18, 2010
twinstaiye:

The next Naija representative to Big Brother house should be Lawyerchap, his rigidity to rule of law, seems legendary especially as regards this BBA issue. it will be greatly be in handy in dealing with the likes of Leratos and co, and he should visit Kenya or Ethiopia on his way to BB house so that he can learn how to survive in a long distance race, as it will be in handy with the rate at which he will be running to Diary room to report every cases of verbal violence and physical violence. He will also be a good eye witness in analysing heated debate and arguments in the house with his endowed power of intellect and will of determining when shove is hit and when pushing is punching.

hehehehe. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin now dat wil b one heck of a BB season.lol
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Zizi(f): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2010
Not listening to this argument, Busy voting Munya out!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by lawyerchap(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2010
twinstaiye:

I am with screen diva on this, nobody is saying hanny was right, but the decision to expel him and leave lerato behind is one traffic judgment. If hanny deserves to be evicted, lerato deserved to leave too. If hanny is punished for misapplication of his anger, lerato deserved equal punishment for misapplication of her mouth. I said hanny eviction was unfair because, while some sections of Africans are taking the matter seriously, Lerato and the other girls are using the matter to play the game, no wonder they were routing for hanny eviction in the diary room, while lerato continue to behave as if someone died.
I kept wondering what Lerato wrote in the letter to hanny mum, after you had labeled her son with an appellation of  here is your son, a woman beater, to the whole Africa.

Lol. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but i think i'll pass. I'm sure there is an age limit for being a housemate on Big Brother and unless it is seventy years then i'm very sure i'm past the limit already.

Seriously though, the rules do not prescribe equal punishment for physical violence and verbal violence. The rules pertaining to verbal violence provide that the housemate will be asked by Big Brother to modify his or her speech and only when the person fails, refuses or neglects to do so will they be evicted.

To use a soccer analogy, physical violence is a straight red card, while verbal violence requires two yellow cards (which is equal to a red card) before expulsion.

My seeming rigidity for the application of rules comes from a deep respect for the law, but it would appear to be misplaced here in Naija. You know what they say, 'it is unlawful to be lawful in a lawless society.' grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Kx: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2010
Hanny really played cool to have taken dat letter from Lerato
Why did he even do it? what right has rato got to write hanny's mum?
Zizi:

Not listening to this argument, Busy voting Munya out!!!!
Spend all your time voting.
If u think biggie is going to dump another girl in the barn after what has happened, thnk twice.
In case u dont know, d same women group dat clamored in SA for the disqualification of hanny,
may have already started thinking of protesting the marginilization of women by biggies act of making the barn, a women's den.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2010
@Lawyerchap , i quite agree with your stand on "good riddance to bad rubbish" but, what of kaone who delibrately inflicted serious bodily injury on uti , spat on meryls drink and threw a bottle at uti ? I am sure that if uti and meryl were south african , kaone would have been sent out long ago. Sending hanny away and leaving lerato and kaone is selective justice. I think it's high time mnet start organising the show in different countries.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2010
The housemates just got video messages from home, i think Uti's video message was the coolest. cool cool cool cool cool cool

Uti - He got messages from his elder brother, Ajibade (his look alike on Tinsel) Mr. Nigeria and another friend. I think Ejiro is the name
Jen - She got a message from Skelemba, a girlfriend and her brother.
Mwisho - He got from his gaughter.
Munya - From his dad & Adiona his baby mama.
Meryl - from her mum and Monkey (the daughter)
Kaone - From the sister, the dad and a friend.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kobikwelu(m): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2010
@Lawyerchap , i quite agree with your stand on "good riddance to bad rubbish" but, what of kaone who delibrately inflicted serious bodily injury on uti , spat on meryls drink and threw a bottle at uti ? I am sure that if uti and meryl were south african , kaone would have been sent out long ago. Sending hanny away and leaving lerato and kaone is selective justice. I think it's high time mnet start organising the show in different countries.

well said
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2010
LC nothing doing u. grin grin grin kiss carry on
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2010
Not a fan of BBA,but had to write in on this.
If what I saw on TV was correct,then Lerato SHOULD go too.There's no point taking one person out in an incident that clearly involved two people physically fighting.Afterall,I saw her hit him with a bottle,or are my eyes growing weak?
lawyerchap:

No matter the aggravation, you never, ever hit a woman.
Disappointing response.What about the rule on verbal abuse?Didn't Lerato violate that rule?Why isn't she punished?Because of a rumour of a lawsuit??They might as well end this sham of a program.
And what about in self-defence?If a woman comes with me cudgel and tries to bludgeon me into next week,I just look at her like I don't have a brain?
Dude,please be real.If we're not supposed to hit women,with all the gender equality they've been preaching,they should should respect men enough to not provoke us into wanting to hit them.It's amazing you're not looking into the Leratoad role in all of this.No one is praising Hannington for his behaviour,but I daresay that a normanl man would not want to lay his hands on a woman just like that without any deep-seated provocation.
1,2:

Good decision by Mnet, they had to set a good precedent. Had they left hanny inside the barn, it was not gonna be easy for the next BBA, to convince the parents that their kids would be save in the house. The aggression that Hanny showed, if it was not for Shiela, i dont know what would have happened, he was really going for her. If it was not for Shiela, he could have beaten her to death. Then do you wait for some one to die to act. If they did not do any thing about it, Being in BBA, your safety would not be gurranteed.
What precedent?After all Kaone did last weekend,the Gods-Must-Be Crazy clone is still a contestant in the house.If nothing else,it shoulda been him seeing the psychiatrist,not hanningto.Shiela?That insecure Jezebel now playing the self-righteous saint in the house is one of the reasons that the fight took place in the first instance.Now you're making her out to be the next candidate for the Nobel peace prize.
A lot of hypocrisy I see in this edition.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by BluMalam(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^ smiley smiley
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by knick(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2010
Bye hanny, be strong.

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by akinsadeez(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
Dat picture you posted luks like a mugshot. He luks like a criminal dere. grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by montelik(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2010
Which kind of mugshot photo is that? He kind of looks like LKT in it.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ultrasat(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2010
For tweak on how to be watching ds teevee free , pls contact me! ON THIS TREND!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ultrasat(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2010
Pls will someone tell me their shower time? I mean nigeria time.
And again, do they poke themselves live and direct? Pls let me know cos i don't even know what viewers enjoy there!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^^ No more shower hour bro. If u are interested in watching live poking on the show u'll be be disappointed. They poke but not live . Just learn to enjoy the show and u'll soon fall head over heels in luv with it just like me.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2010
Is the dj playing at d barn in a Nigerian?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by emmadinoyi: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
pls LawyerChap could u define what verbal violence is cos I would want to know if UTI has been verbally violent cos a lot posters on the BB site have been accusing him of being verbally violent.
pls use ur legal bla bla bla to enlighten me/us if UTi is culpable of verbal violence. thanks
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ayusman16(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
lets leave law jargon alone abeg. dis dj is making my day wit naija jam abeg. tati wan wound code 4 d house. at all at all na him bad. do they remind me of bonny m?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by beeswax: 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2010
Apparently d dj in d barn is ghanian but men he rocked d barn with some hot naija tunes. The barn was on fire I tell u, d main house is so dry with their clown outfits
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by montelik(m): 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2010
As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as verbal violence. Some pple r just throwin around words to try and equate different types of behavior as the same. My oxford dictionary defines violence as d use of excessive physical force. Now that defn translates to verbal violence is odd to me. People are just to make others look bad or scary. But enough with such crap. It seems Tati wants some of Code. That their kiss must have really done it for her. Lol
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by 14(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
now i can confirm that Shiela is Lesbian, she wanted kiss from tati and she got. She emmidiately come up with a game if Taticould find something from her hand and she said if she could find it they will kiss, and she did find it, then they kissed.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by montelik(m): 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2010
See Tatiana conspiring away. BB better do something cos she had already conspired with Paloma last night as well. The girl is just wasting her time, one of d next 2 people going into the barn is coming back and the last spot will probably between sheila and paloma.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by 14(m): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2010
Tati likes to be told that sh is beautiful, since hanny left, sh has thrown herself to CODE. Having only one strategy will just backfire if it happens that she is left with only females. Who is she gonna play sexx to. she just uses man to advance herself.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 19, 2010
Please, I know that the issue is dying down but I just feel compelled to write on what happened between Lerato and Hanny.
I really don't get how the men and even sadly, women who support Hannington get off thinking that what he did was justified. What the hell?
Kudos to you lawyerchap for stating the truth and standing firm by it even though you had to go against your fellow men.
Lerato was inebriated (did you people not see her with alcohol in her hands?) and a drunk person is not even fully awase of their actions. It's like beating up a mad man you meet on the road because he insulted you. Besides that, Lerato did not get up and decide to provoke Hannington/ bring about his downfall as some people are claiming. Even if she did try to tick him off verbally; and she did not, any form of retaliation from Hannington should have been verbal as well and not physical. On no grounds was bloodying her mouth because she annoyed him with words justified.
I understand that those crying foul were probably rooting for Hanny before and wanting him to win but  really, you guys should not let your love for a person cloud your reasoning or claim that wrong is right.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by beeswax: 12:59am On Sep 19, 2010
@1,2 sheila was minding her biz outside till tati called her to lay on d table and danced provacativly over her with code cheering them on and urging them to kiss. By d way, right from d start of d show I believe sheila declared she is bisexual? Don't know y we keep gettin shocked by her self cos me I tire for dat gal
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kaydee(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2010
It's gonna be a Mwisho Vs Munya finale.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by madejibo: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
Please who is head of house?

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.