Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,537 members, 7,888,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:46 PM

I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (58848 Views)

Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl? / Is This Chemistry Or Is It Bound To Happen In Marriage/relationship? / I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Oluwatosin678(m): 6:51am On Aug 31, 2018
who are you?

are better than Paul the apostle what still has a torn in his flesh? are u better than job dat never question God?

anything dat happen to u is just a light affliction which is but for a moment...

Always thank God no matter what..... Thats why He is called KABIO OSI.... no one can question Him....
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by GIFTD: 6:56am On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=Martinez19 post=70630210] lol. Might defender of god. Would have cost god much to minister to her or show her a vision concerning the man? Let me hear your excuse. Mtewwww. [/quote This is so foolish of you. People perish and still perishing for lack of knowledge. Don't blame your ignorance on God because you never came to Him to be taught and educated. He said call upon me and I will show you things you know not. My child do not lean on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge the Lord Jesus and he will direct your path. Thanks
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by gistsky: 7:02am On Aug 31, 2018
That is what happens when you don't carry God along. Learn from it, repent and cry to God for a second chance.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Olabestonic001(m): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2018
Martinez19:
lol. Might defender of god. Would have cost god much to minister to her or show her a vision concerning the man? Let me hear your excuse. Mtewwww.

Are you sure she knows that GOD, really?
What word did HE gave her before she went ahead into the relationship?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by livinbygrace: 7:06am On Aug 31, 2018
BolajiBillion:
I keep saying this, detach emotions & be friends with someone first,before getting into anything serious with him or her. Yes you will never know everything about them, but u will surely know some extremely important things you need to know about them.

As much as I would hate to blame you, believe me, you dug 50% of this heart breaking hole you've found yourself in and your deceitful husband and family dug the remaining 50.

A girl and her whole family hid from my friend that their daughter had a son for almost a year before he now finally found out. And he was about proposing to the girl before he chose to snoop around first then the bubble busted. He asked the girl why she didn't tell him, the girl said she was waiting for the right time. You can imagine that...

So my dear, what has happened has happened and I'm about to tell you one of the hardest things to do on this matter, which is to get closer to God, find a place in your heart and forgive the man and his family for deceiving you, dust yourself and move on and find yourself a husband cos marriage on the ground of deceit is no marriage.

Sometimes we just give advise,without considering the consequences.You think it’s easy for a 35 year old single mother to remarry?My dear it’s easier said than done.Most of us are just being too religious.In as much as the man lied ,there is nothing new under the sun,Infact most relationship nowadays re found of that.The lady should just accept her fate and move on except she wants to be a single mother.Husband scarce abeg
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by donbachi(m): 7:08am On Aug 31, 2018
Ejadike:
I read your comment, I liked what you said then I liked it, but later pondered on what you said, I didn't like it anymore so I took my like back grin tongue
u can't fit it.lol
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by blacq2009(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2018
What's all this wailing about, op? Common man you can't share with someone.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by dododawa1: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2018
All girls will say LOVE whereas is MONEY BLINDED and HARD SEX,GOD never do BAD.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by EvilMetahuman: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2018
soundforce:
PLEASE, DON'T BLAME GOD for your misfortune.
If you couldn't do all the findings from 2013-2016, it's all your fault cos you were carried away by fantasies n fairy takes.you made the decisions n not GOD.
but if she is having a good marriage, god should be praised and given all the credits rights?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Lush100(m): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2018
Dear ma,@ Beke2020

let me share with u a real life story.

there was a family, the man was a junior staff to my dad then in ABUJA. he is a christian.His wife a christian too.

He was married but without a child.

after much frustration , he took a second wife. ( to be sincere i did not know much about the second wife if she had kids but i want to believe she had.)

i was in secondary school then when i think i learnt the first wife delivered a child.

now let me tell ask u some questions . Of the three of them( The man , first wife, 2nd wife):

who would be the most worried during non birth of first wife? my answer the first wife.

who would be the most worried during the time man takes a second wife.? my answer the first wife.

who do u think will look the most confused after first wife gives birth to a child ? my answer the man.

who do u think will look the next most confused after first wife gives birth to a child ? my answer the 2nd wife.

who would have a lot of work in this family? my answer the man.

madam read this story and go figure. May the Holy Spirit guide u aright.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Teegelop(f): 7:44am On Aug 31, 2018
Martinez19:
lol. Might defender of god. Would have cost god much to minister to her or show her a vision concerning the man? Let me hear your excuse. Mtewwww.
And did you know maybe she didn't invite God into the relationship?

Besides, god you said and not God
grin
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by ecstasy357(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2018
HEFAIROHLUWA:
You dont know some men. If you really do you'll realize some are so good in playing such games.. By the time they are through with you all your intelligence and smartness will fail you..So if you fast and pray before marriage (talk to GOD) it guarantees a successful marriage abi? I have 10s of real life experience of devot christians that married that had crazy marriage problems later on.Even bro j talked about divorce.
Apologies but I dont think you understand what life is really about stop defending God and give her the right answer. she should be strong, have faith and move on hopefully embarassed better days ahead..I just dont understand the way some christains reason nowadays..

Yes, some men can really lie but women are better liars. No matter how smart a man is, a woman is always smarter. Women use both sides of their brain, men can't.

Uhmm... I know God speaks and He doesn't lie. He wouldn't lead us into something that will end badly. Those people that fasted and prayed, did God tell them to go ahead or they just assume all is well since they've mentioned it to God?

Bros J said unless its fornication. Have you ever heard of married couples committing formication or adultery?

Dearie, listen to book of life by Nathaniel Bassey. You will the average devoted Christian better.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by arma: 7:56am On Aug 31, 2018
I thought it is a normal thing down there....single mon,baby mama,baby factories, etc

Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
but if she is having a good marriage, god should be praised and given all the credits rights?

Yes! because all good and perfect gifts comes from God.

What do you know about good?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Angy55(f): 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
I have a pastor friend who is in almost the same situation. Marriage is just 4 months old. The wife has left home and gone back to the former though the former, they weren't legally married.
Pretence every where. She even had a child for the former. The former just came back from no where and madam has gone hay wire.

I just feel 60% of marriages these days are all built on lies and deceit. Last month I read a story here, where a young man also was complaining bitterly, that her wife isn't who he thinks she is. And he stated he prayed fervently and was so sure that was his wife. They courted before getting married.

Even this prayers of knowing mr and mrs right,does it really work? I'm beginning to doubt.

May God help us that are still single. AMEN!
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by UjuJoan2: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2018
I remember one guy I dated
Decent, responsible, soft spoken and we'll behaved. He was a gentleman in every way. But something was just not right. He was too nice for comfort. Of course I never had any course to believe he was married. I visited him regularly and so did he.

But the signs were there. Whenever he travelled for 'official' business, his phones will be switched off all through. The first time it happened I was very shocked. I panicked, I thought something had happened to him. I called his closest friends to know if they heard from him. It was just too unbelievable. Eventually he picked the call and told a lot of 'convincing' stories. But my alarm bells went off. I just felt the only excuse for him not to be available was if he was lying unconscious in a ditch somewhere. Any other thing was just not good enough.

The second sign was how whenever I travelled, his 'sister' will come visiting and make him all sorts of delicacies, and lots of them for him to store. When that happened I knew in my spirit that the guy was not single like he claimed.

When he asked to meet my parents, I asked him to hold on, that I needed some time. I then gradually withdrew from him. I stopped taking his calls and became unavailable. Eventually I told him I wanted to end the relationship and he clung to me and begged and said he needed me in his life bla bla bla. But I didnt believe in the relationship anymore. And I walked!

He never admitted to being married, but I knew.

May I also add that he was a very good Christian and devout Catholic.

Fast forward to two years down the line, we met somewhere and I saw him with kids who were over 5years. And they were his. He always told me how his 'sister' had twins. Turns out his 'sister' was his wife. Not legally married though, more of a baby mama. So his intention was too marry me and make me a semi-second wife. Thank God for little mercies!

We women need to trust our instincts. If something doesn't feel right then there's every chance that it is not
Don't make excuses for them, don't 'understand' when they misbehave, don't ignore your heart, it will never fail you.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by upuphim(m): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2018
donbachi:
Learn to study a person,everything about them before you love...one mistake alot of people makes.is,they love first before studing the person...sorry for your pain.
I believe you. If you are able love someone, you can still love another wnd you can always stop loving someone. She must have seen some pointers but she either ignored or chosed a wrong person for counselling. May I ask, has he never failed any appointments since the relationship started? Haven't caught him telling lies?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by EvilMetahuman: 8:19am On Aug 31, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Yes! because all good and perfect gifts comes from God.

What do you know about good?
lol but same good refused to give good and perfect gift to her, why?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
lol but same good refused to give good and perfect gift to her, why?

Did she ask for it Sir?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by EvilMetahuman: 8:26am On Aug 31, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Did she ask for it Sir?
did you know she didn't ask?

Plus, why would she blame God if she didn't ask?

Would you blame your parents for not giving you school fees if you never asked?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2018
ecstasy357:

Yes, some men can really lie but women are better liars. No matter how smart a man is, a woman is always smarter. Women use both sides of their brain, men can't.

Uhmm... I know God speaks and He doesn't lie. He wouldn't lead us into something that will end badly. Those people that fasted and prayed, did God tell them to go ahead or they just assume all is well since they've mentioned it to God?

Bros J said unless its fornication. Have you ever heard of married couples committing formication or adultery?

Dearie, listen to book of life by Nathaniel Bassey. You will the average devoted Christian better.

If God wont lead us into something that will end badly why didnt he prevent adam or eve from eating the apple back in the garden of eden. And ofcourse married couples commit adultery. its rampant nowadays..
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by bitcoinvin(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2018
donbachi:
Learn to study a person,everything about them before you love...one mistake alot of people makes.is,they love first before studing the person...sorry for your pain.

true talk:we first love before finfing out and many will now be like;;with time she or he will change
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by ecstasy357(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2018
HEFAIROHLUWA:
If God wont lead us into something that will end badly why didnt he prevent adam or eve from eating the apple back in the garden of eden. And ofcourse married couples commit adultery. its rampant nowadays..

Adam and Eve were given a choice. FREEWILL

Adultery, Yes! Never fornication. But bros J said fornication. I don't know if you understand the message I'm trying to pass.
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Martinez19(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2018
Teegelop:

And did you know maybe she didn't invite God into the relationship?

Besides, god you said and not God
grin
AND did you know maybe she invited god into the relationship? grin
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2018
Earthbound:
I'm pretty sure when you were dating, you saw and ignored all the signs.

Talk to him and hear him out. We all make mistakes. You should make all your decisions putting your child first.

The truth is that he still loves you as do you, him. Show that you're a strong woman and be with him.

You see a deja vu from your mother's experience. You have the power to change that. Heal with him no matter how difficult it seems.

Have an intervention for the husband and have everyone speak so you understand what you're dealing with.

You will heal. Would you rather heal in pain and regret or with your husband and child in complete understanding. Everything works out for good if we make the right decisions.

Mehn your onpoint I would advise her if there's love in the family let her continue the marriage.
Marriage is all about love not about being second or fifth
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:13am On Aug 31, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
did you know she didn't ask?

Plus, why would she blame God if she didn't ask?

Would you blame your parents for not giving you school fees if you never asked?

You dont have an argument Sir.

Go ask her first if she asked then come back.

Even atheists blame a God they don't believe in.

Nigerians blame the govt for problems that don't concern the govt.

Children themselves in their ignorance blame their parents for things they do not understand.

Do you see where this is going? The point here is humans are full of ignorance yet they think themselves wise.

Scriptures always have your answers.

Proverbs 18 2-3

"2: Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good;
haste makes mistakes.
3: People ruin their lives by their own foolishness
and then are angry at the LORD."
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by EvilMetahuman: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2018
Jeromejnr:

You dont have an argument Sir.

Go ask her first if she asked then come back.

[s]Even atheists blame a God they don't believe in.[/s]

Nigerians blame the govt for problems that don't concern the govt.

Children themselves in their ignorance blame their parents for things they do not understand.

Do you see where this is going? The point here is humans are full of ignorance yet they think themselves wise.

Scriptures always have your answers.

Proverbs 18 2-3

"2: Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good;
haste makes mistakes.
3: People ruin their lives by their own foolishness
and then are angry at the LORD."
I didn't blame her to begin with.. you asked her not to blame god like you know how close she is to god.

You made the claim like you live in her compound or very close to her to know how close she is to god.

I also gave you a simple analogy about parent and school fees that you find hard to grasp.

Atheist don't blame god for their personal problem. They blame god to mock the sheeple. Stop posting ignorantly.

Same way you are ignorant and think you are wise right?
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 31, 2018
when they advice people to pray and hear from God before going into a relationship, they start quoting "he who finds a wife..." when you pray about a relationship before venturing in, there are some things God will reveal, if not expressly with time 'it will slip'
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Allansmith: 10:02am On Aug 31, 2018
@ OP,I love this response ....You sure should make do with this...

brodalikeme:
Kpele, I honestly sympathize with you but this is not the end of your life. It’s too late to start the blame game but you should have known better, no matter how much he covered his tracks, the signs were there.

Dust yourself up and start a new life. There is restoration of lost things. Never you get angry at God and run from Him, He still remains the only one that can fix you.
Make up your mind to take the right steps hence forth and a few years down the line, you will be thankful you did. I have loads of example of ladies with similar issues who got up to the challenge and are now living amazing life.

Stay strong and God bless you!

1 Like

Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Allansmith: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2018
A BIG AND LOUDER AMEN TO THIS PRAYER....I AM FOLLOWING THAT MEMBER RIGHT AWAY.....VERY EDUCATIVE AND SOUND ADVICE FOR THE LADY IN QUESTION...

Chiboto414:
God wisedom and knowledge will not leave u ijn..God bless u
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:10am On Aug 31, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
I didn't blame her to begin with.. you asked her not to blame god like you know how close she is to god.

You made the claim like you live in her compound or very close to her to know how close she is to god.

I also gave you a simple analogy about parent and school fees that you find hard to grasp.

Atheist don't blame god for their personal problem. They blame god to mock the sheeple. Stop posting ignorantly.

Same way you are ignorant and think you are wise9 right?

I have a lot to say to you but i don't have your time.

Believe wat you want sir
Re: I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me? by soundforce: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
EVILMETAHUMAN_ seeing by your name, we are world apart.EVIL! Dey your lane!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me / Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters / Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.