Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,239 members, 7,880,895 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:48 AM

UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom (37982 Views)

Why Ronaldo Doesn't Have Tattoo / What Happens If Cristiano Ronaldo Doesn't Perform At Juventus? / Ronaldo Doesn't Have The Record, I Do - Gyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by wakaawaka(m): 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
Leave dem alone
nelsonebby:

I Never asked for your help
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Jokerman(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
KNIGHTBlaed:

For your mind.. If not for the partiality, we no suppose dey compare Ronaldo and Messi...
You can compare Ronaldo and Salah for now... Not with Messi...

Put Messi in that Madrid team and Messi will score 60+ goals total until he retires...
Every other player in Madrid does the hard work for Ronaldo to score in Madrid. Even when Ronaldo does nothing the entire game, he can simply tap in a goal or nod in a goal or shoot and score... then the next thing we hear is Ronaldo has rescued Madrid... lmao
In Barcelona, Messi has a bad day (not that he will not still play o, cos he will still be the best Barca player on the pitch) then Barca struggles badly. Messi plays averagely then Barca wins, then when he is at his best (which is most likely the case) we see the best of Barca.
Yet some people will come and be comparing a player that hangs around the penalty box to score and a play that does the who playing for his own team.
I love Ronaldo and I'm not saying he is not good but the comparison with Messi is not just in any way. They both score goals and when we want to compare in terms of goals, lets do so and not compare them the way we play.

Ronaldo plays for a Madrid team with Very good players that makes him better and does the work for him...
Messi plays for a Barcelona team with equally very good players that he makes better and they struggle when he is not at his best....

Most of the awards Ronaldo won was because of the long legs of Real Madrid and the Politics they play there in that Mighty club. Now that he is not in Madrid, shey na Juve president wan dey push am

Just watch out for Bale... If you watched the last 2 Madrid league games, you will know that Ronaldo is not missed in Madrid

Yet your Messi can't do same for Argentina... you Messi fans are clowns. well from my own perspective anyway Ronaldo is the best ....

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by wakaawaka(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Then overturn the decision or you know better than uefa?
Dailymemoirs:

I am sorry if it's the way u reason then I can't help u
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
Jokerman:

Yet your Messi can't do same for Argentina... you Messi fans are clowns. well from my own perspective anyway Ronaldo is the best ....

Argentine is full of clowns (both players and coach). The way Messi plays there, if he plays the same way for Portugal, our argument for different. Put Ronaldo in Argentina and win the world cup na... If not for ill luck, shey Messi never reach all Finals?

This thread is not even about Messi... So lets not derail...

Ronaldo is good, very good... but he does not deserve the award and rightly so he didnt get it..

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Godwinchioke: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
Am not pained by Modric bagging d award, but am pained wen som1 speaks from d wrong side of his mouth dat CR7 doesn't deserve it. Well am not surprise as dis abysmal remarks about ronaldo is coming from cluesless barcelona & som chelsea fans, who re just being envious of d prolific CR7.
However, sentiment aside. CR7 though wasn't so impressive at d beggining of d league last season, but was impressive 2ruout d champions league matches, scoring 15 goals (11 consecutively), bagging 4 assist & winning man of d match 8 times. Haba! Even a naive fellow will b astute enough to kw dat dis guy really was fit for d super award. For d clueless barca fans dat r making unnecessary noise, dat CR7 doesn't help his team wen dey needed him & dat he only score goals & instead of giving him best player, he should b giving best scorer. I laugh because i begin to wonder which oda way is d best way to help a team than scoring. It is even pertinent to kw dat without scoring u cannot win. How can som1 who doesn't help his team scores most of d goals dat saw his team progress to d next stage. It's high time, we reason, tink h judge beyond sentiment
Nevertheless, i will always take cognizance of d pivotal role played by d prolific midfielder (LUKA M), he was so classic during d ucl tournament last season, but dat doesn't put his contribution ahead of his former team mate. Had it been it is world cup, i would say dat no doubt, he's d one.
Though, i'm of d view dat, d reason y modric was voted above cr7 is on d fact dat, d later has always been d one bagging different kinds of award & on dis premise a new face & name is needed & considering d former had a pretty gud season, d coaches & journalists decide to vote him.... All tins being equal, i congratulate LUKA M for bagging such a prestiguous award..
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Olumeme: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
He's foolish. Pks and tap ins is not football
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ciencee(m): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
Nbote:
Some of U fanboys are funny.. Does it make sense dat becos he had a few gud games he deserves to win d award?? Ronaldo had a poor season last season whether U want to admit it or not... D awards are based on overall performances all over d season, not a few gud performances . D season started in August and Madrid had to do without Ronaldo's goals till January/February and if not for Modric's consistency Zidane would have been sacked by November and then becos Ronaldo scored in d quarter finals and semi-finals of d champions league he's better than d person who's being there from d group stages?? I'm sure U ppl are waiting for him to score in Juve to tell everyone how he's already d best player in d Serie A
when did Ronaldo score His 15 goals; January and February alone? at least I knew he did not score in the Final nor against Bayern in the semis.
If he did not start the champions league well then we're comet all the goals?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Sirmi24: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
johnstar:
Luka modric deserves it

They both won champions league

Ronaldo couldn’t help is country to d world cup final

But luka modric did it
Mumu

So he deserves it

Congrats luka modric

Its not by goals dat will make u win d best player
Its by helping your team

Next is eden hazard
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by ciencee(m): 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
mvem:
..so will you use goals to compare him to Modric...modric really deserves it
If Modric deserve it, then Debruyne of mancity deserve it even better.
Must the award comes from a champions league winner? if yes, then they should give it to the player that carried the team through the difficult games, which is Ronaldo.
the next on this list should be Ramos.
We are talking about the champions league here and not the world cup, know you that Modric went AWOL in that final until Salah got injured, the players that were performing for Madrid until Salah injury was Ramos, Kroose, and to some extent Marcelo.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by LZAA: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Ribery was definitely not robbed.
Well MOST top level players and coaches think he was seeing as he won the treble for bayern and played phenomenal football that year
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Evangkatsoulis: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
LZAA:

Well MOST top level players and coaches think he was seeing as he won the treble for bayern and played phenomenal football that year
It is by individual performance. And even before the extended voting, Ronaldo and messi were leading.

Ribery, unlike iniesta or modric, is a winger just like ronaldo and sometimes messi. And in all metric used to judge, Ronaldo and messi trumped Ribery except for completed take ons that year.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by johnstar(m): 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=Sirmi24 post=70782201][/quote]na ur papa and mama b mumu

Next tym don’t quote me again

Maggots
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by johnstar(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2018
uzoma213:
oh this is uefa award and not FIFA award oo... I tire for una

Ok I didn’t knw

Thanks
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by johnstar(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
stevedre:
It was UEFA best player not world best player so the world cup is out of it. I love Ronaldo but this right here, is a breath of fresh air that is good for the future of football.

Ok boss thanks for correcting me

I tot world cup is also part of the awards

Its all good sha

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by LZAA: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

It is by individual performance. And even before the extended voting, Ronaldo and messi were leading.

Ribery, unlike iniesta or modric, is a winger just like ronaldo and sometimes messi. And in all metric used to judge, Ronaldo and messi trumped Ribery except for completed take ons that year.
Well these things are popularity contests now as far as i'm concerned
At least some sanity is coming back to it now tho i fear CR might be given the ballon d'or
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by johnstar(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
ramatintin:
if u don't score goals all your fine play is for nothing.
yeah na true talk sha

Bt most times some players way dey helo der teams win match without them scoring self deserve some accolades

Players like kante

Anywo sha
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by jacksonite98(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
nelsonebby:
Ronaldo didn’t score or attempt to score in the semifinals and finals.

Scoring penalties can’t make you the best

Real fans know modric deserves it.

Man united fans are actually the ones complaining.
did Modric score in the the semifinals and final?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Topmaike007(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
Deka10:
Lol Real Madrid just placing burden on Modric than he can handle
Let see what Madrid can do in Uefa champion league this season
As for Ronaldo I think it's a motivation to work harder
and do you know dat
30 goals per season has ended for him
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
ciencee:

when did Ronaldo score His 15 goals; January and February alone? at least I knew he did not score in the Final nor against Bayern in the semis.
If he did not start the champions league well then we're comet all the goals?

He scored nine times in group phase
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by femi4: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2018
post=70770152:
Time for another debate .

Modric had a great world cup, if that was one of the criteria, which we don't think it is.
World cup was key and it was played in Europe. Activities in Europe doesn't start and end with UCL
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by nelsonebby(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2018
jacksonite98:
did Modric score in the the semifinals and final?
New Juventus fan

Or
Old Trafford Ronaldo fan boy
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by mvem(m): 4:22pm On Aug 31, 2018
ciencee:

If Modric deserve it, then Debruyne of mancity deserve it even better.
Must the award comes from a champions league winner? if yes, then they should give it to the player that carried the team through the difficult games, which is Ronaldo.
the next on this list should be Ramos.
We are talking about the champions league here and not the world cup, know you that Modric went AWOL in that final until Salah got injured, the players that were performing for Madrid until Salah injury was Ramos, Kroose, and to some extent Marcelo.
...so much hate on modric... Someone that the whole Madrid team knows hows important he is...arguably the best mieldfielder in the world and has been integral to everything Madrid... Common is just an award na, just one award.... Ronaldo get am plenty... Nawaoh....so Ronaldo carried the whole Madrid, who was orchestrating the football on the pitch?

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by babakb: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
Godwinchioke:
Am not pained by Modric bagging d award, but am pained wen som1 speaks from d wrong side of his mouth dat CR7 doesn't deserve it. Well am not surprise as dis abysmal remarks about ronaldo is coming from cluesless barcelona & som chelsea fans, who re just being envious of d prolific CR7.
However, sentiment aside. CR7 though wasn't so impressive at d beggining of d league last season, but was impressive 2ruout d champions league matches, scoring 15 goals (11 consecutively), bagging 4 assist & winning man of d match 8 times. Haba! Even a naive fellow will b astute enough to kw dat dis guy really was fit for d super award. For d clueless barca fans dat r making unnecessary noise, dat CR7 doesn't help his team wen dey needed him & dat he only score goals & instead of giving him best player, he should b giving best scorer. I laugh because i begin to wonder which oda way is d best way to help a team than scoring. It is even pertinent to kw dat without scoring u cannot win. How can som1 who doesn't help his team scores most of d goals dat saw his team progress to d next stage. It's high time, we reason, tink h judge beyond sentiment
Nevertheless, i will always take cognizance of d pivotal role played by d prolific midfielder (LUKA M), he was so classic during d ucl tournament last season, but dat doesn't put his contribution ahead of his former team mate. Had it been it is world cup, i would say dat no doubt, he's d one.
Though, i'm of d view dat, d reason y modric was voted above cr7 is on d fact dat, d later has always been d one bagging different kinds of award & on dis premise a new face & name is needed & considering d former had a pretty gud season, d coaches & journalists decide to vote him.... All tins being equal, i congratulate LUKA M for bagging such a prestiguous award..

Dont mind Cr7 critics, they always lie that Cr7 is a goal poacher to the extent of giving false credit to Marcelo, Modric, Bale and Kroos but the facts are there, Cr7 has the highest Assists in UCL history, Real Madrid history and 2nd highest Assists in Laliga history.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by tesppidd: 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
You went and posted an article by a writer on goal.com as the criteria for winning uefa men's player of the year award!!!

See the criteria below from Wikipedia.

Even Google is your girlfriend.

Stop promoting ignorance on cyberspace.
uzoma213:
shut up, which dirty rules.. If it covers all international competitions why then do they still have FIFA best award?

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
Jokerman:

what are you on about, Messi has done much more for Argentina than Ronaldo has done for Portugal. The difference is teammates who can take responsibility.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by tesppidd: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
Godwinchioke:
Ronaldo flopped in the semi finals and final.

Modric deserves it 200%.

The award recognizes the FIFA world cup as well.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Kingspin(m): 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

So if someone scores 15 goals but doesn't score in the finals and semi final it becomes a poor performance?
I don't understand u sir
Goals alone should never be the only criteria for world best players. This is what UEFA and FIFA had be missing. 2009/10 Sneijder was denied of what ought to be his crown. Never again we use goals over, an over-all performance of a player as a criteria.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Jokerman(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
what are you on about, Messi has done much more for Argentina than Ronaldo has done for Portugal. The difference is teammates who can take responsibility.

lolsss... excuselona fans...
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Jokerman:

lolsss... excuselona fans...
You overrate Ronaldo dude. Look at it objectively.
Ronaldo has only helped Portugal reach euros final. He wasn't even the player of the tournament, Griezmann was the best player of the tournament and Pepe was Portugal's best player. He was the leader of their strong defense. The guy vomited on the pitch after the final.

Messi has helped Argentina reach two South American finals and one world cup final. He was the best player in the 2014 world cup and 2015 copa america and was also had a superb performance in the 2016 Cops America minus his penalty miss.
Messi flopped big in 2018 world cup just like Ronaldo flopped massively in 2014 world cup.

So what exactly are you on about fanboy? You are saying Messi can't perform for Argentina when the truth is that he has done much more for his senior national team than Ronaldo. Messi has also won u20 world cup and Olympics and was the best player in both tournaments. Stop being sentimental fanboy. Everyone knows Ronaldo is a very good player but every mature neutral fan knows Messi is something else entirely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by anonymous1759(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

Uefa have named Luka Modric as the winner of the Best player award for last season’s edition of the Champions league. The 32 year old amassed a total of 313 points, 90 more than Ronaldo who finished ahead of Mohammed Salah in the chart.
While Ronaldo was instrumental in his team reaching a third consecutive Uefa Champions league finals and trophy Modric was however named best player by a combination of coaches and journalist a decision that has upset Juventus director and Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes.

to be sincere the goal he scored made him won most of the man of the match awards take away Modric and Marcelo Ronaldo is zero... meanwhile why am I even stressing myself commenting, I'm sure is people like you who rush to ridicule messi's effort and say it's xavi And iniesta that's making Messi shine despite is goals and contributions and now you're barking because it's Ronaldo angry angry angry >:this one sweet me

” Football is played on the field and that’s where Cristiano won. He scored 15 goals carried Real Madrid on his back and conquered the Champions league again.
The winner is not in doubt as Ronaldo is the best in his position” Mendes told

The Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta also fumed over the decision as he felt Ronaldo deserved to be crowned best for his performances in the Champions league and not robbed by an unfair decision.

” Our criticism concerns a deep bitterness for the decision because the award refers to the Champions league and not the world cup and I believe that Cristiano Ronaldo has given the best emotions of the world cup and also fantastic goals. I take nothing away from the football coaches and journalist but I would have voted for Ronaldo as a football fan.

Cristiano Ronaldo did not show up at the event a sign that he felt cheated after a stunning campaign which saw him score in eleven consecutive matches from the earlier season up till the Juventus game in Spain a record no one had achieved ever
For more

https://dailymemoirsnews./2018/08/31/uefa-snubbing-ronaldo-doesnt-make-sense-by-soibi-ransom/

to be sincere the goals he scored made him come this far, take away Modric and Marcelo Ronaldo is zero... meanwhile why am I even stressing myself commenting, I'm sure is people like you rush to ridicule messi's effort and say it's xavi And iniesta that's making Messi shine despite is goals and contributions and now you're barking because it's Ronaldo angry angry angry >:this one sweet me
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by babakb: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2018
Anonymously 1759 Ronaldo has more Assists and Take ons than your Marcelo and Modric combined, so tell me who is better?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by STILESGANG: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

How do you know he would not have another ballon d or at man u? Shebi man u no win league 2011, abi dem no enter another champions league final 2011.
Dude stop speculating.

Prime barcelona> prime real madrid.
Be truthful to yourself, has Manchester united as a team ever been better than barcelona since 2009. Ronaldo knew this that was why he left for madrid. A better team, so he can compete favourably with messi. So , stop deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night / Man Hands Over TV Remote To His Wife, After The World Cup (Photo) / BREAKING: Arsene Wenger Resigns As Arsenal Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.