Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom (37947 Views)

Why Ronaldo Doesn't Have Tattoo / What Happens If Cristiano Ronaldo Doesn't Perform At Juventus? / Ronaldo Doesn't Have The Record, I Do - Gyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by AYFikayomi: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Uncle Uefa award is for Champions league not league games.

Uncle, the award is for the best player playing for a football club in Europe, simple. The World cup and league obviously had a factor.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by donbenie(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2018
ollah2:

Only Griizman deserves the award
Well that's your opinion,the reality on the ground is that MODRIC is going to win it and he will be a worthy WINNER..
Griezeman wasn't even in the UEFA top three and you think just because he won the World Cup,where MODRIC was clearly the best on show is going to catapult him in to being a Favorite?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by babakb: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
STILESGANG:
Be truthful to yourself, has Manchester united as a team ever been better than barcelona since 2009. Ronaldo knew this that was why he left for madrid. A better team, so he can compete favourably with messi. So , stop deceiving yourself.

No competition, Messi is the one doing catch up now.

Cr7 has 5 UCL titles
Messi has 4
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by AYFikayomi: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2018
babakb:
Anonymously 1759 Ronaldo has more Assists and Take ons than your Marcelo and Modric combined, so tell me who is better?

Fabregas has more assists than Xavi and Iniesta combined, who's better?
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by STILESGANG: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
babakb:

No competition, Messi is the one doing catch up now.

Cr7 has 5 UCL titles
Messi has 4
I dont have time for your mumu ronaldovsmessi argument. No where in my post did i claim to be a messi fan.i was just correcting a silly notion.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by donbenie(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
uzoma213:
since modric was that good through out the champions league, how many man of the match awards did he win?
Obviously those who are overawed by the CR7 aura would be falling over themselves to award him man of the match awards if he so much as score a goal,no matter what other worthy team mates like Marcelo,Ramos and MODRIC brings to the matches..
This same reason was why he ended up with Goal of the year,the same EXACT over head kick goal Gareth Bale scored in the FINAL and he was not even deemed fit to be shortlisted amongst the nominees for best goal,because you know..one was scored by CR7 and the other was by Gareth Bale..

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by dasensible1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

You talk as if modric was awarded the best player award because he played the role of a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and forward.
So by your admission he should have won the best midfielder award only as he only did the job of a midfielder abi?
So was modric as a midfielder better than Ronaldo as a forward? If so, How?
Must the best player ALWAYS be a striker? Cannavaro won the world best before, please tell me what role did he play to win, was he an attacker? Any footballer should be qualified to win it IF they did enough to convince the voters for the awards.
Football does not revolve around attackers ONLY, to me VERY few of them contributes more than goals to football. You wonder why we don't have the entertainment Jay-Jay Okocha, Ronaldo Delima, Xavi, Ronaldinho etc used to give us anymore? It is because everyone wants to run into the box to "tap in", take penalty kicks, and become the best "footballer".
Someone must win the award, Modric has won it. If you ask me 1000 times, it is a well deserved award.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

So why did Messi and Ronaldo win the world best in 2010 n 2014?
check FIFA President and UEFA President then and now
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by sureteeboy(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

So you believe that neymar who was knocked out at the round of 16 was the best player at the champions league?
Statistics has no regard for when you are knocked out. Those who made this list are players who made more appearances than the average player appearance recorded in the competition. For another version of the ratings that considered appearances in the late stage of the competition, here is it and Modric still isn't in the list

Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
gmercy713:
Someone will tell you that Ronaldo 2017/18 season and world cup outing was bad,yet he had the highest goal by European top 5 League players.

CR7 missing the award this year will go along way in inspiring him to work hard this season.

I am not against Modric winning the award,we have to give credit for his good play during the previous season.

FYI UEFA uses local league and international performance to decide the winner of the award.

Your logic here is faulty becuase nisterooy has scored 8 goals in the group stage of champions league without qualifying for the next round
If that was ronaldo then. He would have won UEFA champions league player
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by RichForever7(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo vs Luka Modric 2017/18 season comparision: LaLiga -Cristiano Ronaldo(27apps): MOTM - 7 Avg Rating - 7.94 Goals - 26 Assists - 5 -Luka Modric(26apps) MOTM - 0 Avg Rating - 7.29 Goals - 1 Assists - 6 Champions League -Cristiano Ronaldo(13apps): MOTM - 4 Avg Rating - 8.12 Goals - 15 Assists - 3 -Luka Modric(11 apps): MOTM - 0 Avg Rating - 7.02 Goals - 1 Assists - 1 World Cup 2018 -Cristiano Ronaldo(4apps): MOTM - 2 Avg Rating - 7.73 Goals - 4 Assists - 0 -Luka Modric MOTM - 3 Avg Rating - 7.48 Goals - 2 Assists - 1 Overall Last season stats: Cristiano Ronaldo: 54 goals and 11 assists Modric: 5 goals and 11 assists
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
Jokerman:
The ones saying modric deserved it as Ronaldo left our club are the real cunts,how abt this for a change of ur mind Cristiano Ronaldo vs Luka Modric 2017/18 season comparision:

LaLiga-Cristiano
Ronaldo(27apps):
MOTM - 7
Avg Rating - 7.94
Goals - 26
Assists - 5

-Luka Modric(26apps)
MOTM - 0
Avg Rating - 7.29
Goals - 1
Assists - 6

Champions League-
Cristiano Ronaldo(13apps):
MOTM - 4
Avg Rating - 8.12
Goals - 15
Assists - 3

-Luka Modric(11 apps):
MOTM - 0
Avg Rating - 7.02
Goals - 1
Assists - 1

World Cup 2018-
Cristiano Ronaldo(4apps):
MOTM - 2
Avg Rating - 7.73
Goals - 4
Assists - 0

-Luka Modric
MOTM - 3
Avg Rating - 7.48
Goals - 2
Assists - 1

(All stats are taken from Whoscored)

Since you think you're smart.... Go n comapre their touches and passes.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Sirmi24: 6:25am On Sep 01, 2018
johnstar:
na ur papa and mama b mumu

Next tym don’t quote me again

Maggots
Mumu
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by saintandsinnerz: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2018
Nbote:

See d problem with U guys... A season's performances are based on 38 matches in d league and ALL d matches in d Champions League and in dis case there was d group stage, knockout, quarters, semis and den d finals. How can U base an overall seasons award over a few matches in d quarters and semis alone? Ronaldo had an inconsistent season and wasn't even Madrid's best player last season.. I don't get how some of U reason.
Mr man the award is for UCL not the league
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

So if someone scores 15 goals but doesn't score in the finals and semi final it becomes a poor performance?
I don't understand u sir
Bros,hr contributed his quota to the goals
Most of his goals were not decisive goals.
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

So if someone scores 15 goals but doesn't score in the finals and semi final it becomes a poor performance?
I don't understand u sir
Bros,hr contributed his quota to the goals
Most of his goals were not decisive goals.
Football is not played by strikers alone
It starts from the goal keeper down to the striker
The midfield made Madrid tick
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 01, 2018
Rinaldo is not even supposed to be in contention
Behind modric is Antoine griezman
World cup,Europa league,super cup
Argue with ur ancestors
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2018
dasensible1:
Must the best player ALWAYS be a striker? Cannavaro won the world best before, please tell me what role did he play to win, was he an attacker? Any footballer should be qualified to win it IF they did enough to convince the voters for the awards.
Football does not revolve around attackers ONLY, to me VERY few of them contributes more than goals to football. You wonder why we don't have the entertainment Jay-Jay Okocha, Ronaldo Delima, Xavi, Ronaldinho etc used to give us anymore? It is because everyone wants to run into the box to "tap in", take penalty kicks, and become the best "footballer".
Someone must win the award, Modric has won it. If you ask me 1000 times, it is a well deserved award.

A 1000 likes for this comment..... Football is so boring nowadays, No creative or intelligent players.

Asides Hazard, Modric, Messi and probably Neymar who entertain once in a while, all the rest are damn boring whose Idea of football as an entertaining sport is skewed...
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by 2krismas: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2018
Football is collective sport. Individual awards must revolve around this truth. The best player shud come from Madrid not Juve. Why not Marcelo? Why not Ramos? I don't know! But I think it shudnt be Ronaldo

A 1000 likes for this comment..... Football is so boring nowadays, No creative or intelligent players.

Asides Hazard, Modric, Messi and probably Neymar who entertain once in a while, all the rest are damn boring whose Idea of football as an entertaining sport is skewed...[/quote]
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by 2krismas: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2018
The winner of the golden ball shud be within the Real Madrid team. Otherwise team work becomes nonsense. Ronaldo lost d award by changing club.

Since you think you're smart.... Go n comapre their touches and passes. [/quote]
Re: UEFA Snubbing Ronaldo Doesn't Make Sense By Soibi Ransom by Sundayjoko: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
TO all Ronaldo fans as a consolation just know that Mordric is not even on Ronaldo's level so until he wins 4of that award he's just starting.
And leave the people opposing Ronaldo most of them are just Messi fans cause they know their man has no chance of winning the Ballondor this season so just leave them with their pain.
To add Modric equally deserved the award.Ronaldo might have deserved it more but Modric doesn't fall short of a good candidate to win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off / 6 Nigerian Youngsters Named In England's World Cup Squad / Wilfred Ndidi And Dinma White Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.