Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,285 members, 7,950,492 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

The Brain And Scorching Sun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Brain And Scorching Sun (3133 Views)

Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / New Salaries For Buhari, Ministers, Govs & Others- Sun News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Beaf: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
redsun:

U are a small minded nuisance man,i am not in your league.U are mentally and beastly enslaved

You surely got the bolded right.
I have had such an entertaining time talking to a self confessed monkey, tears have been streaming from my eyes with all the laughter I've been having. Boy! Monkeys are really entertaining! Oya, come and dance kokoma!
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by ziga: 12:07am On Jul 03, 2010
@Post

It is kinda funny. . .

You try to make it seem like you are being scientific with your theory, yet you break the same rules when people have asked you to apply the same theory to some other other scenarios.

You have to be able to say what you really want to say. It doesn't have to make sense for some people to agree with you.

But by trying to prove sense with something that is completely senseless is quite insulting.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by naijamini(m): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2010
@redsun
So, if someone asks you what is wrong with Africa? You will ignore our entire history, most of it glorious, some of it indeed shameful, and say it is that shining sun the universe blessed us with. How about get some cover, master AC technology, etc. The problem is not in our environment, but in ourself. Have you exposed your head to frigid weather for even 1 hour? You will see that 1 hour of the sun is nothing compared to the cold.

So, yes, if you expose your head to the hot sun for too long, you should expect brain damage. The real question is why should you? That answer has nothing to do with the sun. That is just one more great excuse!

Yours, sir, is pseudo-theory, and it is dangerous for it easily leads to pavlov's syndrome.

Once again i am asking,could the round the year scorching sun have damaging effects on the brain?Why are africans not rational,having no sense of coordinations,no sense of creativity,no sense precedences,no sense creatures intuitions and dignity,even among the so-called educated ones?

Looking at aondoaka picture,all i can see is a man that is suppose to be highly educated but still very stu-pid and visionless.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by bgees(m): 12:47am On Jul 03, 2010
With people like redsun, Africa can't progress. All they do is complain and display self-hatred.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2010
Beaf:

You surely got the bolded right.
I have had such an entertaining time talking to a self confessed monkey, tears have been streaming from my eyes with all the laughter I've been having. Boy! Monkeys are really entertaining! Oya, come and dance kokoma!

Continue to laugh at your foolishness,since u live in a world where practical intelligence,honesty,hardwork and common sense are predominantly seen as taboos.Hardworking,rational and honest individuals are seen in the communities and places of work in nigeria as ''jews'' or distorted individuals,for mere the fact they cannot dubiously enrich themselves with the public or company funds that they are responsible for.

And u are one of the principal champions of that negative and retarded mentality,hence your keen interest in wanting a hoodlum like jonathan to be the one that will propel nigeria into a golden age,even when u don't understand the concept of stone age.Your stupidity knows no bounds,it is normal to u,that is why u have the guts to think that u are smarter than a monkey just because u can write and wear clothes,but u can't deceive people like me,it is categorically clear to the eyes that can see that u are a born fool and your redemption is far fetch.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by AjanleKoko: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2010
Well, without descending into personal insults, I'd say without any equivocation that the proponents of this theory are idiots.

For your collective information, the climate in Southern Africa is closer to temperate than tropical. Right now, SA is in winter.
How come the blacks there are not smarter than blacks anywhere?

What about the Phoenicians, who gave the world the modern alphabet? The Sumerians (ancient Egyptians)? The Persian Empires? The Nubian empires in Sudan? The Moors who founded the Caliphate of Cordoba, and gave the world modern science and mathematics? I think we all know the story about the etymology of the word 'algorithm', for your information, it is derived from the name of a 6th century Arab mathematician. All these people were able to achieve what they did with their 'fried' brains, if I'm to believe what you're saying.

In fact on a lighter mood, for redsun, is it that your 'fried' brain woke up when you arrived at the UK?
As per Jakumo's comment, siestas are observed in France, Spain, and Italy. I suppose these nations are also in the tropics?

I was reading an article recently about Burkina Faso in BusinessDay. The country basically shuts down for a siesta for three hours at 1pm, and comes back to work at 4pm, ending the day at 7pm. If you went to boarding school in Nigeria, you would remember the forced siesta after lunch, till prep, for two hours. The inventors of these rules were not stupid. Neither are the French, Spanish, or Italians.

Like paddy_lo said, leadership is a crap concept that doesn't belong in this century. You hear Nigerians talking about 'our leaders' like they were some God-appointed class of people separate from the citizens. Probably some concept sold to us by some colonialist academics, and swallowed hook, line, and sinker by black people. We need to wake up our minds and stop looking for geographical, social, or biological excuses.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
It is quite idiotic of you to say that the proponents of the theory are idiots when you don't have any plausible explantion to give as to why the brains of africans are coordinately,productively,contructively and progressively dormant.

Blaming it on bad leadership is as far fetched as expecting a cat to give bith to a dog which we all know is practically impossible,there is no way an unreasonable society can produce reasonable leaders and vice versa,it will always remain an unending vivious circle unless we begin to ask and aswer the fundamental questions as to why our brains and brain power are retrogressive instead of progressive as a society.A  people are main to move forward not bacward like we are doing.

It might not be categorically the damaging effects of the sun but we all know that something is fundamentally wrong,even though some of us choose to deny it.We must seek until we find,our journey as a people seems to have started from the middle,instead of the beginning and there seem to be a very big vaccum that is not connecting to the present and it feels as if we are lost as a people

The concept of living lies in the ability to know.,it is has to right for it to be right.

AjanleKoko:

Well, without descending into personal insults, I'd say without any equivocation that the proponents of this theory are idiots.

For your collective information, the climate in Southern Africa is closer to temperate than tropical. Right now, SA is in winter.
How come the blacks there are not smarter than blacks anywhere?

What about the Phoenicians, who gave the world the modern alphabet? The Sumerians (ancient Egyptians)? The Persian Empires? The Nubian empires in Sudan? The Moors who founded the Caliphate of Cordoba, and gave the world modern science and mathematics? I think we all know the story about the etymology of the word 'algorithm', for your information, it is derived from the name of a 6th century Arab mathematician. All these people were able to achieve what they did with their 'fried' brains, if I'm to believe what you're saying.

In fact on a lighter mood, for redsun, is it that your 'fried' brain woke up when you arrived at the UK?
As per Jakumo's comment, siestas are observed in France, Spain, and Italy. I suppose these nations are also in the tropics?

I was reading an article recently about Burkina Faso in BusinessDay. The country basically shuts down for a siesta for three hours at 1pm, and comes back to work at 4pm, ending the day at 7pm. If you went to boarding school in Nigeria, you would remember the forced siesta after lunch, till prep, for two hours. The inventors of these rules were not silly. Neither are the French, Spanish, or Italians.

Like paddy_lo said, leadership is a crap concept that doesn't belong in this century. You hear Nigerians talking about 'our leaders' like they were some God-appointed class of people separate from the citizens. Probably some concept sold to us by some colonialist academics, and swallowed hook, line, and sinker by black people. We need to wake up our minds and stop looking for geographical, social, or biological excuses.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by naijamini(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2010
@redsun
I guess what nobody pointed out is that your statement below about the state of the "African Brain" is just as patently wrong as your "theory" to explain it. Nothing is basically wrong with the African Brain, but if a "brain" doesn't eat right, doesn't have good health, transportation or education it would behave as if something is wrong with it. However, this does not translate into any irreversible solar-induced, biological shortcoming with the brain - provide good food, health, transportation, education, etc to the brain and watch it excel!

redsun:

It is quite idiotic of you to say that the proponents of the theory are idiots when you don't have any plausible explantion to give as to why the brains of africans are coordinately,productively,contructively and progressively dormant.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2010
naijamini:

@redsun
I guess what nobody pointed out is that your statement below about the state of the "African Brain" is just as patently wrong as your "theory" to explain it. Nothing is basically wrong with the African Brain, but if a "brain" doesn't eat right, doesn't have good health, transportation or education it would behave as if something is wrong with it. However, this does not translate into any irreversible solar-induced, biological shortcoming with the brain - provide good food, health, transportation, education, etc to the brain and watch it excel!

But it takes a funtioning brain to provide the basics.The brain creates the condition for excellence.If our leaders are the obstacle then we have to use our brains to push them aside and do what is right for us.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by naijamini(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2010
redsun:

But it takes a funtioning brain to provide the basics.The brain creates the condition for excellence.If our leaders are the obstacle then we have to use our brains to push them aside and do what is right for us.

Agreed. So, what we need to do is figure out why our cancerous leadership is so hard to disloge, and begin the necessary "series" of operations to clear them out. Easier said that done!
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Beaf: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
naijamini:

Agreed. So, what we need to do is figure out why our cancerous leadership is so hard to disloge, and begin the necessary "series" of operations to clear them out. Easier said that done!

Point.

naijamini:

@redsun

The key thing is that Critical Thinking is missing from our curriculum. If it was present, we would be able to overcome all the items listed above and redsun would have known instinctively that his insulting analysis should not even see the light of day.

From kindergaten to university, Nigerian education is based on rote and unquestioning obedience; you do not challenge the teacher, religion or the elders (in other words, we are trained to be mentally static). We are yet to totally overhaul the curriculum introduced by the colonial master, who was "educating" us to suit their own exploitative targets; whereas, in other countries, critical thinking is very much part of early education. For example, in several countries, chess is taught from a very young age to train youngsters in Higher Order Thinking skills; in others like China and Japan, mind disciplining aspects of their culture are brought to the fore and made the fulcrum of their societies.

African leaders on the other hand (out of ignorance or for reasons that suit their own "cancerous " purposes), are either suffering an identity crisis or not recognising the serious levels of damage a collective identity crisis can wreak on society. Therefore, nothing is being done and we continue to have adults running around without the tiniest analyctic skills and bringing up their kids to exist and stagger through life in the same way.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2010
Beaf:

Point.

The key thing is that Critical Thinking is missing from our curriculum. If it was present, we would be able to overcome all the items listed above and redsun would have known instinctively that his insulting analysis should not even see the light of day.

From kindergaten to university, Nigerian education is based on rote and unquestioning obedience; you do not challenge the teacher, religion or the elders (in other words, we are trained to be mentally static). We are yet to totally overhaul the curriculum introduced by the colonial master, who was "educating" us to suit their own exploitative targets; whereas, in other countries, critical thinking is very much part of early education. For example, in several countries, chess is taught from a very young age to train youngsters in Higher Order Thinking skills; in others like China and Japan, mind disciplining aspects of their culture are brought to the fore and made the fulcrum of their societies.

African leaders on the other hand (out of ignorance or for reasons that suit their own "cancerous " purposes), are either suffering an identity crisis or not recognising the serious levels of damage a collective identity crisis can wreak on society. Therefore, nothing is being done and we continue to have adults running around without the tiniest analyctic skills and bringing up their kids to exist and stagger through life in the same way.

Now u are talking.Ok let's assume i didn't put it right but it is the same issue of not getting things done as adults with responsibilities,everything seems to be a problem to us,even when we are suppose to be ablebodied,rational and sometimes highly educated people yet,we still  can't solve mundane societal problems.

Soon another election will be at hand and we will be ushering same people that we know that they don't have the interest of country at heart,people that does not derive joy in making things right for posterity,people that cannot see beyond their noses,all they see is point in time,scavenging.

We had people like Pat Utomi at the last election but due to the distorted mentality that is abound in the society,nigerians opted for pdp sick puppet,yaradua,instead of a man with inspirations and great managerial ability even on a world standard,Pat Utomi.We need people that can make things work,it doesn't matter whether they have experience in politics or not but as long as they are positively and analytically minded,they will work it out.

It about responsibilities,it is about accountabilities and about dedication to duties,living off our wages and whatever incentives that we deserves in the course of carrying out our duties,not stealing the state and  people's  funds.   

Let's bury this thread if it sounds offensive and think and work in the line of progression and responsibilities as a people for the good and dignity of all,
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by AjanleKoko: 7:02am On Jul 04, 2010
redsun:

Possibly . . however, you continue to show yourself a total slowpoke by ignoring everything I said, all the examples I gave about people from hot regions creating and sustaining massive empires, while blacks from sun-less regions still supposedly achieve nothing.

Better go and study history properly before buying into nonsense from fringe experts who nobody recognizes. That alone helps to reinforce their theories that blacks are mentally deficient, if you can't reason out some dodgy theories before coming to spew it out here.
Or maybe you need some more years in England so your friend brain can heal up.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Possibly . .  however, you continue to show yourself a total slowpoke by ignoring everything I said, all the examples I gave about people from hot regions creating and sustaining massive empires, while blacks from sun-less regions still supposedly achieve nothing.

Better go and study history properly before buying into nonsense from fringe experts who nobody recognizes. That alone helps to reinforce their theories that blacks are mentally deficient, if you can't reason out some dodgy theories before coming to spew it out here.
Or maybe you need some more years in England so your friend brain can heal up.

Does your gibbering still explain the fact why u are stu-pid or totally disprove the fact that it is not the sun and its radiation discomfort that is responsible?

Carry go,i will leave it for u to be pondering with since u don't have imagination.Every time u see the rising sun that u guys take for granted,think about its power,both negative and positive.It is the alpha and omega,it can destroy u if u don't acknowledge it and it can aswell bless u if you play its rules.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by AjanleKoko: 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
redsun:

Does your gibbering still explain the fact why u are stu-pid or totally disprove the fact that it is not the sun and its radiation discomfort that is responsible?

Carry go,i will leave it for u to be pondering with since u don't have imagination.Every time u see the rising sun that u guys take for granted,think about its power,both negative and positive.It is the alpha and omega,it can destroy u if u don't acknowledge it and it can aswell bless u if you play its rules.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can see your brains are totally fried. Did you leave Maiduguri for London or something?
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2010
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can see your brains are totally fried. Did you leave Maiduguri for London or something?

The fact is that people like u are so daft to see that u are not normal.Viewing your situation from a realistic angle puts u nest to nothing- a sub-human and that is why u can't see anything wrong because your brain is not on the level of a normal human being,it is just programmed to know and do certain things but not to initiate and evolve,your kind of person sees life in one dimension,like a color blind situation.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by AjanleKoko: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2010
redsun:

The fact is that people like u are so daft to see that u are not normal.Viewing your situation from a realistic angle puts u nest to nothing- a sub-human and that is why u can't see anything wrong because your brain is not on the level of a normal human being,it is just programmed to know and do certain things but not to initiate and evolve,your kind of person sees life in one dimension,like a clor blind situation.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See nonsense wey you dey type. Absolute gibberish.
Man, your brains have truy been fried.
London won't be able to help you, try further north, possibly Greenland. And stay there for the next couple of decades. Get some healing.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2010
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See nonsense wey you dey type. Absolute gibberish.
Man, your brains have truy been fried.
London won't be able to help you, try further north, possibly Greenland. And stay there for the next couple of decades. Get some healing.

While u wallop in darkness that means light to u.U dom;t even know the difference betwenn uk and london.ode.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Beaf: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2010
redsun:

While u [size=14pt]wallop in darkness [/size] that means light to u.U dom;t even know the difference betwenn uk and london.ode.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn!
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
Redsun,
First off, before commenting can you answer 2 questions for me? :

1) Are you black?

2) Are you African?
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by lekside44(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
the brain is mutually independent of the sun.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by AjanleKoko: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
redsun:

While u wallop in darkness that means light to u.U dom;t even know the difference betwenn uk and london.ode.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

London, UK, England, worreva . . . dundu brain like you, why not educate us bush Afrikkens undecided
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by redsun(m): 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

London, UK, England, worreva . . . dundu brain like you, why not educate us bush Afrikkens undecided

U are infinitesimal.Your brain is dead,no amount of education will make any difference.Educating u is like educating a chimp to recognize and memorize words and objects.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 08, 2010
@Redsun,

I have re-read your original post and you say you are African. I have reviewed your post on NL and agree with your point of view on most things.
I understand your point which stems from your frustration and that you made the statement to illustrate corruption and under development in our nation.
However, you have insulted your goodself and all honest and competent Africans by lumping all Africans together as incompetent and visionless in your statement.

Africans are not not visionless and corrupt; many of our leaders are.

Would it be fair to call General Buhari corrupt? or Gov.Babatunde Fashola visionless?

Our challenge is to find a way to change our current crop of corrupt and visionless leaders and replace them with good leaders that we know we have.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Jakumo(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2010
GenBuhari:

Would it be fair to call General Buhari corrupt?

General Buhari, Nigeria's one-time military despot in the dark ages of the late 1980s, whose vindictive campaign of  sadistic terror against real and imaginary dissidents was only exceeded by his utter contempt for all basic human freedoms, need not have been " corrupt" to be deemed a public enemy worthy of humane culling as a public service, though steal he did, even has plunged an entire nation into a dark season of fear, suspicion and wanton, arbitrary persecution.

More disturbingly, Retired General Mummud Buhari is best known NOW for his frequent ululations that Nigeria be forcibly subjected to a brutal fundamentalist Taliban-style theocratic dictatorship, replete with amputations for petty theft, and the summary stoning to death of innocent women for imaginary offences.  These are clearly the rantings of a clinically mad individual who, in a just world, would only be unbuckled from a secure straitjacket to eat or defaecate.

The fact that General Buhari still retains a cult following of glassy-eyed fanboys is eloquent testimony to the subtle but insidious degradations in cognitive integrity that could, at least to a degree, be explained in the context of a lifetime's exposure to the relentless tropical sun.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by KAYD007(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ redsun!!! angry walahi no make me vex with u oo. na ur brain dey "coordinately,productively,contructively and progressively dormant." take ur time oo shior? imagine "coordinately,productively,contructively and progressively dormant." *look up, look down* angry msheeeeeeeeeew!!
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by KAYD007(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
@Genbuhari.

dont mind redsun jor, he needs an iced cap to keep his "coordinately,productively,contructively , progressively and insultive dormant brain in check. grin
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by AjanleKoko: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^
redsun's brain has been fried, not scorched. He's carrying eran dindin around.

His moniker indicates his fear of the sun.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2010
@Jakumo
You cannot say Buhari is corrupt.

He is the only leader that made a serious attempt at tackling corruption and only former head of state in the last 40years who is not living a billionaire life style.

Just cold hard facts smiley.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Jakumo(m): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
Whether Mullah Buhari is or was corrupt pales into insignificance, when considered alongside that tyrant's horrifying track record of human rights abuses, torture and summary execution during those fateful months in the 1980s when he called the shots as Nigeria's Military Inquisitor in Chief.

By virtue of the very recent litany of documented outbursts in which he expoused the demented notion that Nigeria should be subjugated by the virulent pathology of Islamic fundamentalism, Mullah Buhari has continued, over the decades, to affirm his essential character to be of a thoroughly EVIL, UNSTABLE and DANGEROUS nature.

Mullah Buhari, if rigged into a position of political power any greater than that of a village dog-catcher, would ultimately trigger religious wars of genocide in the West African subregion, with his maniacal rhetoric of religious zealotry, and his blood-soaked antecedents.

With his every desperate and ill-considered utterance, retired General Mullah Buhari pleads to be put out of his misery, so hopefully those prayers will be answered in good time, and with the permanence that such an overdue outcome deserves.

Mullah Buhari and his ilk constitute living proof that neanderthal cave men copulated with wild, rabid camels, though regrettably he has long outlived his usefulness as a case study in the deleterious effects of the African sun on nomadic desert dwellers.
Re: The Brain And Scorching Sun by Bawss1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
This here is an interesting topic to thrash out objectively unfortunately NLanders have turned it into an insult arena. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-militants Barricade Warri-benin Highway Over Allowance / 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? / Akinwumi Ambode Displays His Certificates To Debunk Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.