Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,189 members, 7,943,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Is It A Sin To Exercise? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Exercise? (256 Views)

Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Exercise? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2018
Is it a sin to exercise?

www.livingwaters.com

"Ray, on one of your recent Living Water episodes, did you say it's sin to exercise?" Andrew Whitlatch

Definitely not. I exercise regularly, and always have. Many years ago I was running along a beautiful beach in New Zealand. It was early in the day, and as I breathed in the fresh clean air, looked at the sparkling ocean, and felt the warmth of the early morning sun on my face, I thought to myself "O how I hate this!"

Even though I intensely dislike running, I run everywhere. Ask anyone at the ministry. I have always run because I hate walking. It's too slow.

I make myself ride my bike every morning for about 1 ½ miles. I push myself to the maximum to make my heart beat fast, and I do that because I don't want to become out of shape and overweight. That would slow me down mentally and physically.

Having said that, I am very aware that the Bible says that bodily exercise profits little (see 1 Timothy 4:8). It profits, but just a little. Think of all the Olympic runners who, 70 or so years ago, consistently ran 20-30 miles a week. They didn’t live longer than anyone else.

So I keep the issue in perspective. I do exercise, but I get it over with as quickly as possible, and then get back into what's really important. Eternity matters, because that's what matters in the long run.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 19 September 2014 ·

Delfo Cabrera: 1948 Olympics (died 1981, aged 62)

Re: Is It A Sin To Exercise? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25am On Sep 20, 2018
Is it a sin to exercise?

(1) (Reply)

Today In The Book Of Exodus Chapter 32 / Journey Into Generational Wealth - Luke 15:18-19; John 1:12 / The Success Of A Man Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.