Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:16 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (441735 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by captainus: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2011
@olsojay

Please check your yahoo mail and get back to me.Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:50am On Mar 16, 2011
@all,
Those peeps on 66E are difinitely working overtime to code their channels that is why they keep coming and going. Lets keep our fingers crossed and see it to the bitter end!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pitodenz(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Sathob
Thanks bro,but also check if it ll support dongle and card sharing.I also look for the brand name online but could not see it.Do you know their website?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
They have now gone Betacrypt those w7 channels like Dubai Sports,Kbc etc.What next for the rest?As for those on scrambled freebies,no signal tonite
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 8:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ilish:

They have now gone Betacrypt those w7 channels like Dubai Sports,Kbc etc.What next for the rest?As for those on scrambled freebies,no signal tonite
try Nss 12ku,the zuku package is making sense though its not 4 long aswell.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
Rextab:

it seems like the zuku package only targets east africa, the nss12 ku does not have,west africa beam or africa.obviously it has east africa beam, zuku package,(www.whatonsat..com/2010/08/new-dth-platform-zuku.htmlcry
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ all,rescan your w4 for cctv9 documentary
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by alancruise(m): 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2011
@iykeman

which of the t.p.thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sunny78(m): 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
hello hous am in the Gambia west africa am gett this try it,Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M at 19.2°E ku band
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
post details of channels,freq and your size of dish.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sunny78(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
8f dish am usein strong 4669xlll
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sunny78(m): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
8f dish am usein strong 4669xll
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
Rextab:

Drop me the tps bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sunny78(m): 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
sorry i will drop the tp 2mor more free to come
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
alancruise:

@iykeman

which of the t.p.thanks
12.434H23.436
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ugotuf(m): 2:16am On Mar 17, 2011
sunny78:

hello hous am in the Gambia west africa am gett this try it,Astra 1H/1KR/1L/1M at 19.2°E ku band
Can u drop the tp,dish size,no. of stations and we'll bring the bird down here in no time
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 6:48am On Mar 17, 2011
Ilish:

Drop me the tps bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 7:15am On Mar 17, 2011
Ilish:

Drop me the tps bro.
11105 v 45000
11605 h 45000, (mpeg 4)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by King411(m): 7:27am On Mar 17, 2011
@all I know this is probably old news but 4 the sake of those that missed it,bbc knowledge,bbc lifestyle and history channel are fta on intelsat 7/10 68.5e freq 11090 h 30000.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 7:38am On Mar 17, 2011
@olsojay u've got mail
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Vigilante: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2011
@King411 - I tried the frequency but it did not work. I use a 60cm dish, 69x. Could that be the cause?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2011
King411:

@all  I know this is probably old news but 4 the sake of those that missed it,bbc knowledge,bbc lifestyle and history channel are fta on intelsat 7/10 68.5e freq 11090 h 30000.
Vigilante:

@King411 - I tried the frequency but it did not work. I use a 60cm dish, 69x. Could that be the cause?
That frequency is only for southern africa, intelsat 7 @68.5east.i.e is south africa beam/footprint, if you are not in southern africa you can't receiver those channel with a mini dish, check flysat for footprint.(www.flysat.com/is68-beam.php),,,that refers  to intelsat 7 ku south africa channel A beam, cheers. grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2011
Ilish:

Yeah. After locking up those frebies on 66E, they are now on to w4. This is how the cookie crumbles I guess. sad
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yakobin: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2011
I am from Lagos and I have bought a used Strong HD receiver model SRT 4910 from Alaba. Because I had read a lot from this forum, I asked the trader to make it as good as new in terms of software expecting him to go back to the original factory default settings. He instead suggested to instal the latest firmware i.e. version 240p dated 22-2-2011. Since I had not paid for it yet I accepted on condition that I test it to my satisfaction. I am happy to report that my new used 4910 is like a mini computer of sorts. Besides its own recordings (trp format), it can also play other files like DivX and Xvid etc. thru the USB port. The editing functions are fantastic. I can cut out undesired parts (like ads) from a recorded file and a lot of other functions. While playing a recorded file press info twice to see a text with details about the movie just like INFO on live SAT viewing. It also has HE-AAC sound codec. There are probably more new functions but for that I leave to the gurus to tell us more.
After reading about warnings not to upgrade anyhow, I was happy to have a risk free firmware upgrade and I hasten to add: I would still not load any new software in my receiver. Its better left to experts and dealers otherwise the consequences are too dear.
YAKOBIN
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by omokoaustine(m): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2011
yakobin:

I am from Lagos and I have bought a used Strong HD receiver model SRT 4910 from Alaba. Because I had read a lot from this forum, I asked the trader to make it as good as new in terms of software expecting him to go back to the original factory default settings. He instead suggested to instal the latest firmware i.e. version 240p dated 22-2-2011. Since I had not paid for it yet I accepted on condition that I test it to my satisfaction. I am happy to report that my new used 4910 is like a mini computer of sorts. Besides its own recordings (trp format), it can also play other files like DivX and Xvid etc. thru the USB port. The editing functions are fantastic. I can cut out undesired parts (like ads) from a recorded file and a lot of other functions. While playing a recorded file press info twice to see a text with details about the movie just like INFO on live SAT viewing. It also has HE-AAC sound codec. There are probably more new functions but for that I leave to the gurus to tell us more.
After reading about warnings not to upgrade anyhow, I was happy to have a risk free firmware upgrade and I hasten to add: I would still not load any new software in my receiver. Its better left to experts and dealers otherwise the consequences are too dear.
YAKOBIN
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 11:43am On Mar 18, 2011
ANYONE WITH FUJI PRIME LNB ON MESH DISH.WHAT ARE QUALITY OR THE OUTCOME,SHOULD PORT IT,l want fixed some on mesh dish and l want someone to post his experiences for to know the quality.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
ANYONE WHO IS ENJOYING NILESAT OR EUROBIRD contact me now or flash/ text 0203558708.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2011
Real Madrid vs Tottenham Hotspur,
Chelsea vs Manchester United,
FC Barcelona vs Shakhtar Donestsk
and Inter Milan vs Schalke 04.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Vigilante: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
@all - Please I would like to know if the following are FTA channels or PayTV -  EATV, ITV and Smile of a Child?  I am particular about Smile of a Child because my kids love it.  Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by arsenal1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ Vigilante they are fta on intel 906@64'E U can get them with 1.8 or 2.4m dish depending on ur location
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Blakstars(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
yakobin:

YAKOBIN

@yakobin
Wow quite juicy!! How much does a used  or new SRT 4910 cost?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Adex70(m): 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2011
@Gadotor i just want share my findings on nile sat with u, i have been experiencing 52 percent of the highest tp 11976 for some time now, yesterday 4rm 8pm to1am this morning i discover a something, my setup is 2.4 solid strong pan with eurovition combine with 2cband lnb. The eurovition and fuji extrem are all thesame quality signal, now i adjust the lnb by bringing the lnb up idid not allow the lnb to go inside too much.i got 69percent 4rm 11976v27500 which means there is some calculations 4 the total area of ur dish to determing the hight of ur scalar and lnb. @ George ur word of wisdom is requere on this finding, viva fta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.