Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,138 members, 7,887,294 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:07 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (439541 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2010
Is there any other way i can watch the EPL other than Dstv?

Please any of this FTA guys staying in Benin? please drop your number and can hitv decoder be used for FTA?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2010
safex101:

Is there any other way i can watch the EPL other than Dstv?

Please any of this FTA guys staying in Benin? please drop your number and can hitv decoder be used for FTA?

if you go through the thread I believe you find an answer to your questions, meanwhile w3a or astra2b used to air one match per week,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2010
@all

got an HD decoder and have not been able to watch any HD channel to really know what the craze is all about? well, check out LUX TV on badr 26e 11785 V 27500 and NHK hd on pas 10 c 3739 H 26590. it's mind blowing!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2010
@olofof I inbox u some info kindly check, meanwhile will call u when I reach office,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ALL
For those who want sound for etv using STR 4669X,click on the limk below.

http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ Ilish
thanks a million
here is the actual link

http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=SRT4669ME_7111_ALL_109p_20100702.zip&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East&
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Paps1: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ilish:

@ALL
For those who want sound for etv using STR 4669X,click on the limk below.

http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East

@llish
can u be specific, is it the one on sirius or which one. Thanks u are really great in this forum anyway
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
@freshp,
I hope this one is the authentic patch and not that type that fries decoders ooooo? shocked
My 69x seems to be freezing when left on for more than 4hrs and I intend updating it
with this patch. I'll see what gives.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by osef(m): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ all
what hope do we have as per the mbc they ve been failing to show the big four, it looks as if their deal as expired
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2010
freshp, pls kindly tell us how good this new patch for srt 4669x is. hope it doesn't freez and hangs intermittently?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by mishulundu: 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
The software is much better than 108p,my receiver does not freeze and boots fast.Iam learning a lot from all of you. I have been following you since 97 FTA for life.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
who in Ghana or Naija is receiving what brother IIish is talking about I mean the e.tv
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2010
@GEORGE D,That 1.09P version is the best, It does not hang on booting up.Try it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
@olason,osef,and george
I just updated this evening and i must tell u it was a big relief to see the mytv splash screen go.its faster in booting and so . . . FTA-ish in feeling.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 6:21am On Aug 18, 2010
Freshp,tanx 4d links. Did my upgrade lastnit and it worked wel. Jus getin rid of My tv logo was a big relief 4me plus d added benefit eg boot faster, better pic quality I was usin 1.06p ie oct 2009 and very gd but d only announing tin abt it was dat My tv logo appearin at start up. Now hav gotten rid of it. 4dose havin issues eg freezin or hangin use d 1.06p, but 4sum of us who dislike my My tv logo go 4 1.09p, but remember dat u are doin it at ur own peril. Enjoy!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2010
@all,
Can I upgrade using usb flash?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 8:20am On Aug 18, 2010
iykemann:

@all,
Can I upgrade using usb flash?
just 2 add 2 d question. D gurus should kindly state d procedure of upgrading so dat some pple won't end up damaging their decoder in d name of 'do it urself'. Kindly state which patch 2 download & wat 2 do after downloading it plus d effect of d patch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 8:26am On Aug 18, 2010
My 9x is 1.05p, can i upgrade to 1.09p?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2010
esuo2:

who in Ghana or Naija is receiving what brother IIish is talking about I mean the e.tv

I need answers please
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 10:31am On Aug 18, 2010
@ALL,Upgrading of Software is at owners risk.The etv am talking about is not on SIRIUS but a bird near w7.I suspect it could be INTEL 802 at 33.0E though i might be wrong.The 1.09p is a better software.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by NashFTA(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2010
@All,
Confirm if the following TP is receivable at your location: 11638 H 27500, DVB-S2/MPEG-4 on W2A at 10.0°E: Télé Mayotte; Antenne Réunion; France 24 Français; France 2; France 3 Sat; France 4; France 5; Arte Français; France Ô; France 2; Arte Français; France Ô.
Also: New channels such as God-TV Africa on 11477 H 20000 at Telstar 11N at 37.6°W
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
@NASH FTA.,That w2 frequency is recievable here in Southern Africa.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ilish:

@GEORGE D,That 1.09P version is the best, It does not hang on booting up.Try it.

@Ilish,
Seems more people are attesting to the goodies of 1.09p so I'll make haste to upgrade asap.
Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
pls any upgrade for daarsat Hd box?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
Segunod:

My 9x is 1.05p, can i upgrade to 1.09p?

it seems every one dat has tasted dis 1.09p firmware has good testimony. Tell us so u did it so dat we can all follow d step of those who has positive results. i have d 1.09p on my flash. How do i upgrade using d flash?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
@SEGU,Upgratng is very easy.Since the software upon download is zipped?unzip it on the PC.Insert the usb in the port of the decoder and then go to Data transfer on menu,press ok.Follow those instructional keys.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ segunod

just as Ilish has said it is far easier to update from the USB port. unzip the soft ware using either winrar or 7zip

then copy to your flash drive.
insert the flash drive to the usb port of the decoder,go to menu>USB>data transfer.
scroll to the STb.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A STABLE POWER SUPPLY (IF POSSIBLE DO THIS ON A GEN SET)
press ok on the remote control.
wait for the process to finish.

the decoder reboots on it own. . .
Good Luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ilish:

@SEGU,Upgratng is very easy.Since the software upon download is zipped?unzip it on the PC.Insert the usb in the port of the decoder and then go to Data transfer on menu,press ok.Follow those instructional keys.

Thanks i'll give it a trial
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
From the diagram,the footprint of intelsat 802 only covers the eastern part of Africa ie the spot 1 beam which is out of reach of us here in west africa,
thx IIlish

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spacevice(m): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2010
George_D:

@Ilish,
Seems more people are attesting to the goodies of 1.09p so I'll make haste to upgrade asap.
Thanks.

Has anyone noticed that this new firmware adds some % to the signal quality. My Multi Tv which was at 84% quality is now 95% after the upgrade. Likewise 4 all other channels. Is it an artificial signal gain?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 1:04am On Aug 19, 2010
I was able 2 do d upgrading successfully wit help from d gurus like illish & freshp. May God continue 2 increase their knowledge. The 10.9p is fantastic. If u have 9x & u haven't tried it, u're stil on a long thing. FTA 4 Ever
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by emexi: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2010
@george d. can you please confirm tracking the e.t.v that illish got

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.