Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,233 members, 7,880,884 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:35 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (439000 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2010
bolyjay:

iykemann here is d file,let me know how its goes
@Bolyjay thanks alot but I did not see any link,I've check my email and there's nothing there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2010
iykemann:

@all,
Ola,oga george,enitan,illish,please Ilm having problem downloading the 1.09p for 69x,I tried cyber cafe it did'nt work,I borrowed a brother laptop I could not unzip the file,some one please unzip the file and send it to me as a folder on my email address markddillan@gmail.com or ikechi.ogbonna@yahoo.com
@all I am still waiting,I've tried to download winzip as directed by llish bt as I dont have pc at home,I went to cyber cafe bt refuse my downloading on there system,pls any Idea will be appreciated.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgint: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2010
Ilish:

@CANDYMAN, That bird aint Arabsat but Intel 802.I presume you are using a 1.8m dish and thus the misunderstanding.

There shouldn't be much argument, actually those channels are feeds, remember etv said they wanted to be content providers.  I suspect the feeds are actually on Galaxy 11, which is not listed on any of the satellite websites like lyngsat, flysat, etc.  It is used as a backup satellite for Intel 802 and  Galaxy 11 orbits at 32.8°E http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy11.html  http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/galaxy11.html  no channels are listed because officially it's not transmitting.

Rextab:

@all
badr 6 26 deg tp's
10990 h 10050, etv/eAfrica
10960 h 15000, learn/health
11036 v 22500, tpa.
They are mpeg4 compliant.

Check the down transponders 25, 27, & 30 on this link http://www.adec.edu/satdb/gal11ku.html

It corresponds to what Rextab posted with a little deviation of 4 on the two H pols.

Most of the operational sat feed frequencies are well know. and it's closer to W4/7 @ 36°E.

Although candyman
Candymann:

Me thinks this etv/eAfrica thing (freq 10985 v 10049) is on Arabsat 30.5 degrees East, because:

although Candymann posted a different frequency, which adds to the puzzle

Little write-up about galaxy 11

Galaxy 11 is an American geostationary communications satellite which is operated by Intelsat.  It is located in geostationary orbit at a longitude of 32.8 degrees east, where is serves as a backup to the Intelsat 802 spacecraft.  It was originally operated at 99° West and later spent most of its operational life at 91° West, from where it was used to provide communications services to Brazil and North America

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_11

actually it was launched before a design flaw was discovered.  please follow link to read full text.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2010
@Microgi@nt, ,the Satellite is Intel 802 and not Galaxy.On the same frequency are dstv and sentech channels.It is just that the frequencies are not advertised on the internet.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 12:20am On Aug 22, 2010
@iykeman
U dont need winzip it will be too heavy 2 download mayb dat is y d cafe guys declined.just get 7zip.it is smaller and will download b4 u knw it.install it then right click on the file. u can now extract from d 7zip sub menu.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 1:50am On Aug 22, 2010
@boly
sory 4 the l8t reply.
if the file has the name"Srt4669me_7111_all_109p_20100702.zip or.rar" then it is the one.
enjoy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2010
microgi@nt:

There shouldn't be much argument, actually those channels are feeds, remember etv said they wanted to be content providers.  I suspect the feeds are actually on Galaxy 11, which is not listed on any of the satellite websites like lyngsat, flysat, etc.  It is used as a backup satellite for Intel 802 and  Galaxy 11 orbits at 32.8°E http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy11.html  http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/galaxy11.html  no channels are listed because officially it's not transmitting.

Check the down transponders 25, 27, & 30 on this link http://www.adec.edu/satdb/gal11ku.html

It corresponds to what Rextab posted with a little deviation of 4 on the two H pols.

Most of the operational sat feed frequencies are well know. and it's closer to W4/7 @ 36°E.

Although candyman
although Candymann posted a different frequency, which adds to the puzzle

Little write-up about galaxy 11

Galaxy 11 is an American geostationary communications satellite which is operated by Intelsat.  It is located in geostationary orbit at a longitude of 32.8 degrees east, where is serves as a backup to the Intelsat 802 spacecraft.  It was originally operated at 99° West and later spent most of its operational life at 91° West, from where it was used to provide communications services to Brazil and North America

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_11

actually it was launched before a design flaw was discovered.  please follow link to read full text.

can dis bird be nail wit a 90cm dish & which sat can be selected on my 9x 2 track it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2010
oga fresh,thanks for ur response.i really appreciate it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2010
@boly
no wahala just let us know far.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pitodenz(m): 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2010
If anybody in nigeria has nailed etv,let the person let us know the size of dish no be all dis yeye talk on which satellite it falls on.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 4:41am On Aug 23, 2010
Pitodenz, pls check previous pages u wil find ur answers there
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2010
pitodenz:

If anybody in nigeria has nailed etv,let the person let us know the size of dish no be all dis yeye talk on which satellite it falls on.

I got etv yesterday with a signal strength of about 90%,when I blindscan I got some dstv channels there. They are a little bit above dstv b4 astra where you have joy tv and co. They about 4 free channels there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by alancruise(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2010
@badaru,can u pls post d tp?guess u nailed it with 65-90cm dish?
I hope it's not a feed sa?
How close is this bird to badr 5@26degrees?
Oga badaru,ur response is needed?thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by alancruise(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2010
Oga badaru,ur response is needed?thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2010
alancruise:

Oga badaru,your response is needed?thanks

This is the freq(10985 v 10049),I dont think it is a feed. Am using 2.6m dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zenus(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2010
badaru1:

This is the freq(10985 v 10049),I dont think it is a feed. Am using 2.6m dish

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sathob(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2010
@Zenus
Badaru said 2.6m
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by niddle9(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2010
zenus:

@Anyone with 1.8m motorise setup should also give etv tp a trial. We'll get to know if a 90cm will nail the bird.
@Oga Ola,Sammu et all. Its all yours.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by seunoluomo(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2010
@all,

i have downloaded the new software for 69x several times at all the cafe in my area but at the end the cafe boy always tel me that there is no file that support it ,.
please can anyone it the house help me the unzip firemare for 69x.

please send to seunoluomo@yahoo.co.uk,

how can i get startimes with dish and what frequencies?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 11:57am On Aug 23, 2010
Etv can be nailed with a good 90cm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
some of the channels

e-TV (a free terrestrial channel)
eAfri (not sure about this seems to be airing similar programs to e-TV)
Mstar (showing infomercials in between airing movies, not latest block-busters)
National Geographic (the one reason I wanted satellite TV)
eClassic (e-TV broadcast programs, not same airtime as e-TV)
BBC Lifestyle (one of my wife’s favourite satellite channels)
Koowe (kids channel, by the looks of it a South African channel)
MK (music video channel)

they are currently available on terrestrial in South Africa. they are definitely using the aforementioned satellite as an uplink, startimes style. probbably will not be FTA for long.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ All
in my area here Abeokuta, there are 4 viewing centres wit atleast two 90cm dishes. Recently, 2 of dis viewing centers install big dish of about 3m or more. Just dis weekend, d other two install d same type of big dish. My question is: does dis big dish capture channels dat show d epl live matches without d use of pay sat. Though i'm not new 2 fta. I have three 90cm dish & one 60cm all position 2 W4, W3a, SIRIUS & ASTRA 2b respectively wit my 9x. If it's possible 2 watch all d epl matches live with big dish, wat dish size should i be preparing to buy. Viva FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Segunod(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2010
olofofo:

some of the channels

e-TV (a free terrestrial channel)
eAfri (not sure about this seems to be airing similar programs to e-TV)
Mstar (showing infomercials in between airing movies, not latest block-busters)
National Geographic (the one reason I wanted satellite TV)
eClassic (e-TV broadcast programs, not same airtime as e-TV)
BBC Lifestyle (one of my wife’s favourite satellite channels)
Koowe (kids channel, by the looks of it a South African channel)
MK (music video channel)

they are currently available on terrestrial in South Africa. they are definitely using the aforementioned satellite as an uplink, startimes style. probbably will not be FTA for long.
@ olofofo: which sat can one get all dis & wat is d tp. Can it be nail wit 90cm dish in abeokuta?
Viva fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2010
i think they are called UAUTV and they are based in angola!

@segunnod

yes you should but right now, only about 4 channels are free and i don't expect them to stay free for too long.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2010
seunoluomo:

@all,

i have downloaded the new software for 69x several times at all the cafe in my area . . . .
. . . .please can anyone it the house help me the unzip firemare for 69x.

Oga seun if you had read about 5 or 6 posts up you would have seen where i told bolyjay to download 7-zip and use it to unzip the file.
then you should copy the file to a flashdrive. . . and i mean a Very good flash drive. Insert the flAsh drive into the usb port of the decoder.
go to menu>Installation>usb scroll to the file in your USB drive.press ok wait till it finishes downloading/updating.

PLS DO THIS WITH A GENERATOR OR OTHER SOURCE OF POWER AS PHCN MAY NOT BE RELIABLE.
GOODLUCK.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ oga badaru & olofofo.
Pls dat tp 4 etv posted, i.e 10985 v 10049.
What is your lnb skew position.

@ all,
to make trackin n hunting sweet & easy, let us always put d lnb position "skewness" to any tp to b given or post.

@ eni,
ow far ?, long time.

@ bode4real,
abeg mail me ur address on deleyekhadaf@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
anyone with d idea of a nokia dbox 1 should pls.help me with mine.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
pofolo:

@ oga badaru & olofofo.
Pls dat tp 4 etv posted, i.e 10985 v 10049.
What is your lnb skew position.

@ all,
to make trackin n hunting sweet & easy, let us always put d lnb position "skewness" to any tp to b given or post.

@ eni,
ow far ?, long time.

@ bode4real,
abeg mail me your address on deleyekhadaf@yahoo.com

We have passed that level since
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikeduru: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2010
It seems mesh dish is not good enough to track this e.tv .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Hotwire(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2010
iykemann:

@all I am still waiting,I've tried to download winzip as directed by llish bt as I dont have pc at home,I went to cyber cafe bt refuse my downloading on there system,pls any Idea will be appreciated.

@Iykemann,
Check your yahoo mail. I have sent the unzipped 9x upgrade file. You are advised to up grade with caution pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
@hotwire

Can u send same to my inbox

email2kenny@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2010
@iykemann
snd the unzipped 69x file to my inbox as wel. terinorextab@yahoo.com.

@All
this tp is currently unscrambled enjoy Tcm,Sony,Mtv base and 10 othrs.
11090v30000, pas7,ku.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.