Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,232 members, 7,880,884 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:35 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (439000 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2010
@emexi,
I haven't tried it yet but may do so over the weekend.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2010
toba:

pls any upgrade for daarsat Hd box?
if i dnt get an answer, i will lock this thread asap
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2010
@toba

why do you want to upgrade??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2010
Becos i want to upgrade
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2010
spacevice:

Has anyone noticed that this new firmware adds some % to the signal quality. My Multi Tv which was at 84% quality is now 95% after the upgrade. Likewise 4 all other channels. Is it an artificial signal gain?

Spacevice
you are quite correct. . .i was just about posting on the same issue when i read about it.

from your post.
that update is just great grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ALL,The satellite where etv and etv africa are is INTEL 802 at 33.0e.Try it and you wont regret.Viva mpeg4 and FTA for life.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ilish:

@ALL,The satellite where etv and etv africa are is INTEL 802 at 33.0e.Try it and you wont regret.Viva mpeg4 and FTA for life.

Finally . . . grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olason(m): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
Illish, is this d same bird were u hav dis promo channel UAU and d rest scrambled? Dis bird is btw w4 ie (dstv)and Astra 2b ie (Multi tv) wit my 1.8m D signal qty is around 60%, Is etv on dis bird? Pls kindly post d freq, would surely giv it a try.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by niddle9(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
@all
are these channels just been added on W7 ?
Tbc 1
Tpa 1&2 with
Zimbo on these frequencies
11803v 27499
11712v 3141
11721v 6282
11730v 8751
@BADARU,OLASON, GEORGE D, I Dey hail o fta forever.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Rextab(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2010
niddle_9:

@all
are these channels just been added on W7 ?
Tbc 1
Tpa 1&2 with
Zimbo on these frequencies
11803v 27499
11712v 3141
11721v 6282
11730v 8751
@BADARU,OLASON, GEORGE D, I Dey hail o fta forever.
no they ve been runing 4 sometime now.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bodejohn(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2010
George_D:

@Ilish,
Seems more people are attesting to the goodies of 1.09p so I'll make haste to upgrade asap.
Thanks.

@Enitan
I hope you have started preparing a tutorial on how to wake a dead 69x after upgrading?
Even Geroge D too is preparing to upgrade.

@All
Upgrading to remove mytv logo and reduce boot time is **** compared to the agony of having a dead box.
My 63x still carries a Dec 2009 version that i only upgraded because i wanted to join the flying eagles.
If you need to upgrade at will, you might consider buying some jtagging tools.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
@OLASON,Thats Intel802 bro.Scan it and etv is going to come.I did an installation today on a many storey shop using ALI HD decoder and nailed the bird.Sound was the problem,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pitodenz(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2010
The best thing that ever happen in fta for a long time is the new patch1.09 for 69x if u fully understand what sharing is all about.Strong technology is still the best for receivers in africa.Please those in lagos should open a thread about startime if theres no existing one,i dont know why they keeping long to transmit in ph.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2010
pitodenz:

The best thing that ever happen in fta for a long time is the new patch1.09 for 69x if u fully understand what sharing is all about.Strong technology is still the best for receivers in africa.Please those in lagos should open a thread about startime if theres no existing one,i dont know why they keeping long to transmit in ph.
there are 2-3 threads on startimes already

this one https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-425459.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2010
pitodenz:

there are 2-3 threads on startimes already

this another

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436700.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by NashFTA(m): 6:11am On Aug 20, 2010
@Ilish,
Ilish:

The beam for this bird is directed to Eastern Africa. However, members from other locations may confirm whether they can receive it. You never know, often the coverage is wider than what they declare on _Lyngsat_ and other sites. Please share with us the TP and other parameters for the etv and etv-africa; , or email to me at nash.namubich@gmail.com if unable to share on the forum.
I used to receive KBC, K24 and Family-TV on INTEL 802 at 33.0e before they moved to NSS 12 at 57.0°E (at 11026-H-8681, FEC3/4, MPEG2). The NSS beam covers most of Africa (check the "east Africa beam" on _http://www.ses-worldskies.com/worldskies/satellites/020_nss-fleet/nss-12/Coverage_Maps/index.php_). The beam covers countries all the way from Zimbabwe, Zambia, zaire, egypt, Chad, etc. Try it ! Might be able to get it at Lagos with a 90cm? Cheers. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
@pitodenz,
Your welcome from hibernation.

@toba,
Forget about upgrading that daarsat decoder. There's no need for such.

@enitan,
Why you too like to yarn apata sef?  grin

@niddle,
You've done a good job there. Keep it up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Candymann: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
@all

Me thinks this etv, eAfrica (10985 v 10049) is on Arabsat 30.5 degrees East, because:

1. To get it from my EW4 1.8 m dish position, I rotated it anticlockwise and moved it very slightly downan,
and according:

33 degrees East is at Elevation 73.5, Azimuth 8.2 inch
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Candymann: 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
@all

Me thinks this etv/eAfrica thing (freq 10985 v 10049) is on Arabsat 30.5 degrees East, because:

1. To get it from my EW4 1.8 m dish position, I rotated the dish anticlockwise and moved it very very slightly down,
    and according to http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm, the following is given for my location at Latitude = -13.9833, Longitude = 33.7833

IS 802 33 degrees East is at Beam Elevation 73.5, Azimuth 8.5
Eutelsat W4 36 degrees East is at Beam Elevation 73.4, Azimuth 20.9
Arabsat 30.5 degrees East is at Beam Elevation 73.1, Azimuth 358.4

These support my claim. Otherwise I would have moved the dish very slightly up (if it were IS 802 33 degrees East) and not down.

2. According to a friend, replacing the KU Band lnb with a C Band one at that etv dish position gives channels like Al-Manar TV, which are on Arabsat 30.5
degrees east. Check link http://www.lyngsat.com/arab5a.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
Candymann:

@all

Me thinks this etv/eAfrica thing (freq 10985 v 10049) is on Arabsat 30.5 degrees East, because:

. . . . . These support my claim. Otherwise I would have moved the dish very slightly up (if it were IS 802 33 degrees East) and not down.

2. According to a friend, replacing the KU Band lnb with a C Band one at that etv dish position gives channels like Al-Manar TV, which are on Arabsat 30.5
degrees east. Check link http://www.lyngsat.com/arab5a.html

Right on !!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2010
@CANDYMAN, That bird aint Arabsat but Intel 802.I presume you are using a 1.8m dish and thus the misunderstanding.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by alancruise(m): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
@all

is tv zimbo FTA on w4/w7?

thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
@all,
Ola,oga george,enitan,illish,please Ilm having problem downloading the 1.09p for 69x,I tried cyber cafe it did'nt work,I borrowed a brother laptop I could not unzip the file,some one please unzip the file and send it to me as a folder on my email address markddillan@gmail.com or ikechi.ogbonna@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
@all

It seemed the debate where the e.tv is located is raging on. What one needs to understand is that different people at different locations may post different information regarding what one can get within one's location. So any time a member post something on the forum, the first thing is to find the location of the poster then one can make a fair judgement on what is posted.

FYI: Ilish is in Zambia
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by alancruise(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
@salamander,hw are u? Pls concernin d badr 5@26degree. Can one still get it with d latest firmware 10.9p? If u've nailed d bird,wat r d stations like?thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
@Iykemann.,download winzip and install it on the PC.Then use the winzip to unzip 1.09.Simple just like that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikeduru: 1:13am On Aug 21, 2010
Intelsat 901 at 18.0w: 3818 v 2480
DAARSAT FEVER-AIT- is back
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 1:26am On Aug 21, 2010
I hope the managenent of daarsat has learnt some lesson grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2010
alancruise:

@salamander,hw are u? Pls concernin d badr 5@26degree. Can one still get it with d latest firmware 10.9p? If u've nailed d bird,wat r d stations like?thanks

Yes, I had the stations but when I upgraded to 1.09 I lost them. I'm trying manual input and if it works, I will post my findings.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
iykemann here is d file,let me know how its goes
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by bolyjay: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2010
oga fresh,toba,pls.is this file d same as d one you used to upgrade your 69x decorder.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgint: 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2010
ikeduru:

Intelsat 901 at 18.0w: 3818 v 2480
DAARSAT FEVER-AIT- is back

AIT has been on that bird for ages, but if all their DTH channels are available on the bird, i believe they want to go the startimes mode. It will even be better and faster for them to deploy since they have mast in almost all states of the federation.

In this modern times you hardly see a DTH operator on C-Band. What happens is most of the cable operators, and now DTT operators have their feeds on C-Band as it's cheaper. for example, startimes is using W2A global beam which covers the whole of africa, so the channels can be received by their base station anywhere in africa/asia/south america

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.