Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,820 members, 7,945,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (443739 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
I think people are just sending CONGRATULATIONS because there is clearly 'NOTHING' to talk about here. No new FTA news, like frequency change, channel addition, etc. grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lanceosas(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2011
viazi:

My Girl jst accepted my marriage proposal the 1st person dt says congrats get a Universal 3g modem, he he he he jst kiddn ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
All thesame congratulatn to but of u,and dnt 4get to post the weddin date.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Abdul010: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
Farwee:

@ gurus in d house, pls i want to know how i can move my 4m dish from NILESAT 101 to 201 also is dis sat receivable at my location OTA OGUN STATE, i'll also apreciate d easiest TP i can trak wit. 10Q.
Gurus pls kindly assist us on how to track or move to nilesat 201 n can it be trackable with 1.8m pan dish cuz I ve been trying to track hotbird but I dont have clue of its direction and how to go about it. Tanx in ur usual knowledgable kind assistance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akatonero(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
Pidzo:

I think people are just sending CONGRATULATIONS because there is clearly 'NOTHING' to talk about here. No new FTA news, like frequency change, channel addition, etc. grin grin grin
dnt complain yet cos it's not time to do so. Were every one in da house talk abt dongles even the newbies,wow!!! Were there re soo many freebies in da air dat need to be hunt down.No body is serious here anymore even the gurus re discourage when the talk u see challenges n words flying.God help us. One luv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2011
@GeoegeD, i tried your method in tracking 26E but could not go pass 74% on those three tracking frequencies you posted. I tried all the tweaking and alignment but to no avail. On the DSTV tp i got 92% but on the badr tp's i only got 74%. The mbc, bbc world and dubai one tp's refuse to hit green. I did a blind scan and got some channels like:
planete justice
national geography
historie
tiji
canal+
kbs world
aljazeera children, etc
All was about 60
Im using 69x and digisat single lnb to do the tracking. Any more info is welcomed as i wished to continue tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
microgi@nt:

are you the person that purchased the 2.4m dish at Amarata, close to the bridge after Intercontinental Bank? Please track and keep us posted. thanks
YES!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by omokoaustine(m): 4:57am On Jun 28, 2011
Pls somebody help me out. I have forgotten my srt 4669x pin so i cant do any thing on d receiver any more
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by IHacked: 5:12am On Jun 28, 2011
I just mounted my 2.4m today, here are sum pix. Will start tracking 2morow God's willing.

So can this 2.4m Dish be motorizes? IF yes which type of motor?
AND HOW ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 7:24am On Jun 28, 2011
I Hacked:

I just mounted my 2.4m today, here are sum pix. Will start tracking 2morow God's willing.

So can this 2.4m Dish be motorizes? IF yes which type of motor?
AND HOW ?
you just mounted your 2.4m today.as you said, here are some pix.And i qoute, where is the pics?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2011
omokoaustine:

Pls somebody help me out. I have forgotten my srt 4669x pin so i cant do any thing on d receiver any more

just enter 0103 and you will be okay
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dodos(f): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2011
@ esuo

Bro how are you now. This is to let you know that we are still waiting for the info

Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2011
When I previously labelled the so called GURUS as hypocrites there was discomfort in certain quaters. Others out of anger even pretended not to know where Malawi is. Thats past. Many self declared Gurus 'claimed' that we should contact them in private for sensitive info. What a LIE. Apart from Gadotor (I would vote for you as a true GURU Bro), Festucy, Big Phil and my true Zambian Bro (name withheld for obvious reasons) the rest are a disaster. Many ignore our knock on their doors. When others want to assist you dispise them. Africa!
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Patexik: 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
"Fta forever " I'have been enjoying this forum for the past 3years.Infact I was very happy to be assorcieted with u in this forum thank u all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2011
Those Brothers with SRT 4661X, 4664X, 4620XII, 4820XII and 4665X updates were released last week on 21st June. This is new software with New USB testing layout menu dated 21-11-2011(the way they put it!). Try it and see what they mean. You can download it at: http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=6903063c47e2a9173e875af246bb5761&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East

@Patexik
Welcome to Nairaland. Sometimes we fight but we are still together and moving forward (somehow!) shocked shocked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by TOWNJUJU: 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
Updates on my badr4 installation. I did some alignment and tweaking and tracked wit 12341H27500 and got 57%, i did a blind scan but could only receive 109 channels witout mbc. The highest signal quality was 78% on 12322V27500. I believe d lnb signal is not strong enough, so i have decided to go for fuji lnb. It will arrive nxt wk. But meanwhile im enjoying oman tv2 now.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Patexik: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
@Pidzo I thank u very much, for welcoming me to this great forum so also I thank the moderator and all the great gurus in this forum. I thank u all. FTA forever.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Adex70(m): 1:19am On Jun 29, 2011
@pidzo you are very wrong on ur harsh judgement pass on the leader of this forum, there is proverb that says ;if a child know how to wash hand he will defnitly eat with elder, every body knows that gorge-d,dejisam, olofofo,samu,badaru,swordwifter,gadotor,microgiant,ilish enitan and many guru that i may not remember will allways assist and response to ur problem if u ask in a good way, just call introduce ur self and table ur problem to them they will assist, for the safety off all dongle is not allow to be disscus in open forum. Talk to me and i shall link u with any guru u want. As for ur country nobody is saying we did not know malawi but there is rule for everything and iam sure in malawi you have rules guilding you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olatufu(m): 6:27am On Jun 29, 2011
@townjuju, wot dish size and lnb did u use.i got 65% using 12536v to track on 2.6m fibre motorize setup
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 29, 2011
the only time i remember the country named MALAWI is because of a friend of mine named "TOKUNBOH" ( I was thinking maybe he was a British citizen, not knowing he was born in Malawi)

Disclaimer: This is not intended against our own TOXNAIJA ooooo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by brightnelly(f): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2011
@all pls where are our noble gurus ekonibaje and olofofo i've not been seeing dem online 4 sumtym now. Fta till infinity
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Farwee(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2011
Farwee:

@ gurus in d house, pls i want to know how i can move my 4m dish from NILESAT 101 to 201 also is dis sat receivable at my location OTA OGUN STATE, i'll also apreciate d easiest TP i can trak wit. 10Q.
pls. someone helpppppppp
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olsojay(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2011
@all 1 music on in astra 2b
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2011
Farwee:

pls. someone helpppppppp
You really do not need to move your dish from the direction you currently facing. Nilesat 201 is on same direction as the 101 and 102, 7W Get the TPs of Nilesat 201 from http://www.lyngsat.com/nile201.htm and try them.
Or blind scan and see. You might have to twik your lnb very well for optimum signal.
If you do your tracking carefully well(if truly 4m dish) you should be able to get 201.
Just how I see it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2011
@Enitan2002
Praise God that you had a friend from Malawi. Surely it shows that Malawi does exist despite the deliberate move to claim ignorance or otherwise by other ‘mentally r.e.t.a.r.d.ed’ fellows in this forum. Whether Malawi exists or not doesn’t change anything. The fact remains that Pidzo is here and will be here 24/7 and 365 days. I will freely express my opinion without fear of anybody, be it a Guru or not.

@All
What the so called ‘Dongle Riot Team’ is trying to do is not to force the forum to change rules. We are advocating for change of heart and way you so called gurus respond. Many members claim to have been ignored when trying to contact you people and when newbies try to contact each other regarding the D thing and other ‘sensitive issues’ they are shouted at. I once contacted an honourable member of this forum about a certain sensitive issue and this good guy said there is a GURU here who can assist me with my problem. He gave me all the contact details saying he was his friend and I should mention that I got his contact details from him so that he should easily assist me. I wrote to this Guru several times politely and to this date I am still waiting. Lip service.
Some show their ignorance to the whole world by saying that ‘this is an FTA Forum.’ No, only this thread says, ‘Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite Tv’. This forum has many threads. This thread is under ‘Satellite TV Technology.’ One can ably start his or her thread under the Satellite TV Technology to discuss ‘other’ issues not related to FTA for example we have the Psat.TV thread (is Psat FTA?), Startimes One Year Anniversary Coming (Is startimes FTA?), DSTV Mpeg2 vs Multi TV Mpeg 4 Which one is better (FTA?) and then we have New Morebox Dongle ALi3329C thread which was started on 13th December 2009. But because most of the people talk without knowing facts they say rubbish. Others argue for the sake of arguing. No wonder others want to combine being a 'Guru' with Nairaland Policeman. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Farwee(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2011
@spaceman 10Q. i did the blind scan still no show, my LNB is in btw 10-11 o clock, freq 12.284 is 75%. pls what do u advise?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2011
@pidzo what is your stress??

is it becos malawi is obscure or what? grin grin grin grin

chill a bit you should have respect for the elders,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2011
@Farwee,
To be honest I have never tracked for 201. My 1.8m dish is poor in gain(warped), I know it would be difficult for me to get Nilesat 201.
Now, all those TPs on 201 are DVB-S2, MPEG4/HD except 11727H/27500, 5/6 FEC. Hope your decoder is MpEG4/HD compliant?
Anyway, I want to believe the high FEC value could play a restricting/limiting role on the signal from 201.
Nevertheless, never give up. If you get 75% on 102, apply patience, do a fresh tracking using the 201 TPs, check and change you polarity.
I strongly believe you will soon see green cool. 4m dish no be small thing now! I wish na me get that dish cheesy
Just my experience expressed cool

THIS IS NOT TO DISCOURAGE YOU. The only thing you stand to enjoy on 201 now is the HD(clear) signal for the MBCs signal I think, which you can also enjoy on 102. All other HD signals are encrypted. Or, carry go if you understand Arab.
Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2011
@Twinskenny
Don’t worry bro, there is no stress whatsoever only stating facts. grin And if you had tackled the issues above I would have appreciated so much. Anyway, I have enjoyed your lighthearted approach.  grin grin
As for respecting Gurus, I do respect them especially those that have us at heart. I mentioned Gadotor. He earned my respect not by words or pretence but by words and action. Then there is my Zambian Brother. He too has earned my respect because of what he does. So we will give respect where it is due but not collectively to all Gurus simply because you came here earlier than me or Sophiamore1, or Wiserfool, et al. This is not directly aimed at you Twinskenny.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2011
UPDATE ON INTELSAT NEW DAWN

PARIS — The Intelsat New Dawn satellite, whose C-band reflector antenna has remained stuck in folded position since the satellite’s April 22 launch, also had trouble deploying its Ku-band antenna, a glitch that may offer valuable clues to the board of inquiry looking into the problem, industry officials said.

While the Ku-band antenna eventually was deployed the week of May 23, it took hours longer than planned as ground teams overcame an initial resistance that resembled what happened several weeks earlier with the C-band reflector, officials said.

In a June 2 response to Space News inquiries, Washington- and Luxembourg-based Intelsat confirmed that there were issues with the Ku-band antenna’s deployment. The similarities could help in the investigation into what happened on the C-band antenna, which is now viewed as likely to remain useless, depriving the satellite of half its broadcasting payload and a yet-undetermined percentage of its planned 15-year service life.

“The two antenna deployment ‘outcomes’ appear to be related,” Intelsat said in its statement. “The investigation team will issue a report when it has completed its work. The satellite is operating nominally in all other respects and customer traffic is already transitioning to the satellite.”

Intelsat said the C-band antenna, whose deployment was planned soon after New Dawn arrived at its test location in orbit, successfully released a series of pins holding the antenna to the satellite’s body. But for reasons still unknown, the spring mechanism that should have released the antenna did not function.

Intelsat New Dawn now has full utilization of its 16 Ku-band transponders — 24 Ku-band transponders when measured in 36-megahertz equivalence — through the reflector antenna. The satellite is operating from its intended post at 32.8 degrees east in geostationary orbit.

With the C-band antenna and its 28 36-megahertz transponders now viewed as definitively out of service, New Dawn — owned by a joint venture of Intelsat and Convergence Partners of South Africa — will be limited to no more than half its intended role. New Dawn was scheduled to replace Intelsat’s Galaxy 11 satellite at that orbital slot. Intelsat has said Galaxy 11 has enough fuel to continue operating until April 2015.

In addition to being deprived of half its broadcasting capability, New Dawn may see its planned 15-year lifespan curtailed. A satellite is designed to fly in orbit with its solar arrays and broadcast antennas fully deployed. The placement of its thruster engines and the size of its fuel reservoir are optimized for a satellite in full-deployment configuration. With one of the two broadcast antennas stuck against the satellite’s body, New Dawn likely will require more fuel to maintain its stabilization in orbit, reducing its operating life.

The extent of the reduction to in-orbit service life is unknown and will likely be the subject of detailed discussions between New Dawn’s owners and the insurance underwriters that will be asked to pay what is all but certain to be a claim exceeding $150 million.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2011
@PIDZO,thanks for the info on New Dawn.I bet we are stuck with only Ku feed.@@@On the other matters,you have to be focused on this forum and dont be distracted.Many "important" decisions are discussed behind the scene due to certain rules.You are at liberty to also join RDI-SAT Forum where more issues partaining to FTA are discussed.Otherwise,lets learn from each other.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ Ilish
Ok, advice taken, lets move forward then and see what tomorrow brings. Case closed. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.